• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Tokyo's Youth Healthy Development Council Looks at To Love-Ru Darkness

The Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Youth Healthy Development Council discussed the To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness manga at a meeting on April 9. The council members examined the series' depictions of nudity to decide whether it violated Tokyo's amended Youth Healthy Development Ordinance.

The council had received a phone complaint from a parent who was cleaning a son's room and discovered a To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness book. Upon looking through the book, the parent discovered that the book not only had frontal nudity of a girl character, but also her nude lower body. The council confirmed that the manga includes the depictions described in the complaint. However, the council also determined that the depictions do not violate the ordinance's new standards.

Disgusting, how did they not ban this filth?

It would have surprise me if TLRD got ban since they did not even ban Yosuga no Sora TV series .
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...y-development-council-looks-at-yosuga-no-sora

Hey ManGAF, how's Lovely Complex ? I remember liking the basic premise and a couple of episodes, but I never got really far.

I don't know about the manga but anime was okay expect the middle feels slow in some ways.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If they banned it they wouldn't get any more chapters.

Tokyo Youth Healthy Development Council honorary smutgaf confirmed.

gunbo13

I'd recommend you watch the anime as well, it's quite good!
Manga goes a bit further for an additional arc. But yes, the anime helps deliver with the voice acting and comedic timings. Just like Planetes, you have to experience both or you didn't experience.

Yamanko! 12-20

LWf1p.png
4 chapters of Neneko obsessing over her waifu's tits. A++ series would read again.

Kono S o, Mi yo! 69

Eh, I think at this stage he can just say fuck it. Literally.

survivor

Banned
Boin Boin Onsen.
and of I wanted to be mean I'd say solaninn but at least it's interesting, compared to BBO

Thanks for your feedback on Lovely Complex. I'll read it.

I only hyped Boing Boing Onsen as being better Hetakoi, I'd like to think it achieved that.

Solanin is still the best manga ever written

survivor

Banned
Double Arts vol 1-3 END

How the fuck did Naoshi Komi go from this to Nisekoi? My god, its just sad to think about the downgrade, I feel sorry for the guy. Going from something with interesting powers and unique lore to a fucking generic romcom manga, sigh

Anyway, there was some big problems with the manga. None of the fights were good, at all. They all end in one hit, what the hell? This is fucking shounen, you are supposed to drag this shit for chapters. You don't just hype some poison assassin as some powerful dude and have him get taken out with one punch. Just terrible. Not to mention, we didn't even get a good final boss fight. I know it got cancelled, but I'm sure he knew about it in advance, we could have had an awesome fight instead of fighting with this weak monk assassin.

The dancing techniques near the end were amazing. Such a shame we never saw more of them.

Haly

Wandering Son is the best manga
about crossdressing
ever written.

Dresden

I thought Double Arts was just meh all around. Didn't dig the designs or the fights or, well, anything about it; no tears were shed about its early cancellation.

Most interesting thing Naoshi has done is still that one shot about that guy.

Zekes!

KNIM

I will die from boredom before this series finishes.

I have no fucking idea why this hasn't concluded yet

literally, there's no reason for it still to be continuing

none

zero

retcon: Aunt Tits

now this shit? This is where it's at.

I'm liking this new chick. I'm excited to see how she breaks ol' Minamoto-kun

Haly

More importantly, what does the Smut Note do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom