• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still gag-like and the premise would not be made such a big deal IRL. But it is believable as a manga. Like the characters act like they would in that setting or at least appear to. Definitely not realistic but believable. And believability in shoujo...just never happens...ever. /EVER
What do you think about Kimi no todoke ?

Some designs of the Naruto movie were leaked.

Sasuke is a playboy and Hinata will be bold. Sigh.

road-to-ninja-sasuke-and-hinata-2.jpg

road-to-ninja-sasuke-and-hinata-3.jpg

Zekes!

I started reading Girls of the Wild's

Between this and Can't See Can't Hear But Love, I'm finding that I really enjoy Korean webcomics

It's still gag-like and the premise would not be made such a big deal IRL. But it is believable as a manga. Like the characters act like they would in that setting or at least appear to. Definitely not realistic but believable. And believability in shoujo...just never happens...ever. /EVER

I've already mentally detached from most shitty modern blockbuster games. DmC is just another one on the list. It's just that it's listed in blood...

you need to be in here :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476820

or maybe not as you might get yourself banned

road-to-ninja-sasuke-and-hinata-3.jpg

The Hinata thing was hinted ever since they showed the movie poster but its cool to see it confirmed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So if Naruto's parents never died, Sasuke would be a happy-go-lucky playboy idol and Hinata would be a bold spunky girl? ....What?

Steroyd

Sasuke is a playboy and Hinata will be bold. Sigh.

http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-misc-xiii/road-to-ninja-sasuke-and-hinata-2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img3.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-misc-xiii/road-to-ninja-sasuke-and-hinata-3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wait what? What's going on here!?

*wikipedia's*

[quote="grandjedi6, post: 38504730"]So if Naruto's parents never died, Sasuke would be a happy-go-lucky playboy idol and Hinata would be a bold spunky girl? ....What?[/QUOTE]

You've got to also take into consideration that Tobi's mooneye plan succeeded, which is why everything is so... weird.

No seriously, wtf!?

[quote="Zekes!, post: 38505335"]Has Naruto banged Hinata yet[/QUOTE]

This is shounen yo'

Solune

Good slowjo?

I don't understand, how can shit be good?
It's not that bad =p.
IRC scares me :(

Don't worry, they will show gameplay of the awful new DMC
Don't be scared, we just NSFW. Sometimes. Overall it's cool though.
you need to be in here :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476820

or maybe not as you might get yourself banned

Ninja Theory Needs. More. Power. Because it looks like shit.

gunbo13

It's not that bad =p.
Nothing is as bad as I phrase it. But KnT has still been shit for quite awhile now.
Ninja Theory Needs. More. Power. Because it looks like shit.
Thank heavens for this thread cause it lets me vent a bit. I just want to ask if modern gamers would rather a) play games b) watch games. Cause people seem to pop-off after watching fucking cut-scenes and all positive comments are about them. Seriously, FUCK MODERN GAMING with that bullshit. DmC gameplay is awful unless you count minimal player interaction a good thing about game design. These games are cinematic tours, Dragon's Lair 2010 and beyond. Mash A, watch cut-scenes, and pop fucking Xanax. Oh and make sure the game is a sequel with no innovation, lots of fictitious boner inducing stats, and game empowerment by doing the gameplay equivalent of navigating your DVR.

There are still great games out there, just not games like this.

Zekes!

Girls of the Wild's continues to be enjoyable, even if the MC is somewhat lame.

I'll cut him a little slack considering his home situation, and the fact he seems to be wanting to improve himself.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You've got to also take into consideration that Tobi's mooneye plan succeeded, which is why everything is so... weird.

No seriously, wtf!?'
Wait, his mooneye plan succeeded? And everyone's lives are better off? What kind of messaging is that?

And Tobi's mooneye plan specifically making Sasuke a playboy and Hinata bold is still ridiculous. Though I imagine that these versions of Sasuke and Hinata are probably 10x better than the ones we currently have.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Tsunade or bust

Tsunade is a granny ewwwwwww

NURARIHYON NO MAGO 204

Oh yeah, now is the time to kick some ass, Rikuo! A nice sending-off chapter pre-huge, huge, potentially end-game battle!

It's also nice seeing the result of the popularity poll. <3 Tsurara.

GOOD ENDING 127

WHAT A SURPRISE! *sigh*

CAGE OF EDEN 156

I love how the author pull off some random nonsense "scientific fact" yet again, hahaha. "Mind-control state" Sheeeezzzzzzzzzz.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nothing is as bad as I phrase it. But KnT has still been shit for quite awhile now.

Thank heavens for this thread cause it lets me vent a bit. I just want to ask if modern gamers would rather a) play games b) watch games. Cause people seem to pop-off after watching fucking cut-scenes and all positive comments are about them. Seriously, FUCK MODERN GAMING with that bullshit. DmC gameplay is awful unless you count minimal player interaction a good thing about game design. These games are cinematic tours, Dragon's Lair 2010 and beyond. Mash A, watch cut-scenes, and pop fucking Xanax. Oh and make sure the game is a sequel with no innovation, lots of fictitious boner inducing stats, and game empowerment by doing the gameplay equivalent of navigating your DVR.

There are still great games out there, just not games like this.

You must have loved Xenosaga Episode I.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I started reading Girls of the Wild's

Between this and Can't See Can't Hear But Love, I'm finding that I really enjoy Korean webcomics

The lead is initially a bit whiny, but he starts to improve pretty well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You must have loved Xenosaga Episode I.

Xenosaga 1 got a lot of shit for how it handled cutscenes (I personally enjoyed it) but its battle system was actually quite involved in that doing careless shit will get you severely punished.

Xenosaga 2 brought that up to a whole new level where every battle was basically a "tactical" slog fest.

Xenosaga 3 was the best.

Damn, I love the Xenosaga series. One of my fondest gaming moments on the Playstation2 era.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xenosaga 1 got a lot of shit for how it handled cutscenes (I personally enjoyed it) but its battle system was actually quite involved in that doing careless shit will get you severely punished.

Xenosaga 2 brought that up to a whole new level where every battle was basically a "tactical" slog fest.

Xenosaga 3 was the best.

Damn, I love the Xenosaga series. One of my fondest gaming moments on the Playstation2 era.

Xenosaga I *opened* with a 30 minute cutscene and went from there. I got all the way to the last battle and quit after trying it once because I had really soured on where the story went in the last few hour of the game, i.e.
game is about Jesus/Shion becomes intolerably bitchy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Xenosaga I *opened* with a 30 minute cutscene and went from there. I got all the way to the last battle and quit after trying it once because I had really soured on where the story went in the last few hour of the game, i.e.
game is about Jesus/Shion becomes intolerably bitchy.

Hmm, I don't think spoiler tags is necessary at this point. Nobody seem to care about Xenosaga anymore anyways :(

Jesus did not play an important part on the game. In fact, Xenosaga III pretty much showed that all of the miracles he performed was done by Chaos and Mary whereas Jesus himself was just playing a figurehead role, hahaha.

And Shion was not Jesus. She's basically a reincarnation of someone that also lived on the same time frame as Mary Magdalene + Jesus + Chaos. The game did not specifically said who, IIRC, only that she's a Maiden that was also Mary's best friend.

....Also, Allen finally hooking up with Shion was a very, very big pay off for me.

The manga adaptation was not that special, unfortunately *sigh*

Soma

Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer

Man. That was a good read. Probably one of the funnest manga I've read in a long time.

I wasn't really feeling the artwork at first but after the second or so volume I got used to it and by the time the rest of the knights appeared I actually started to like it. There were some really touching and thought provoking moments and I really liked how the ending wrapped everything up nicely. I absolutely loved Amamiya's transition from an unsocial lazy guy to a matured and complete badass by the end.

The supporting characters were all great, each with their own quirks and personalities that kept them from becoming cliched. The main villain was particularly interesting in his own right in the way he interacted with the cast and how he viewed the world. The story itself didn't seem particularly original but the way it handled pretty much everything (the plot, the character backstories, the relationships between the characters, the challenges they faced, etc.) I felt was really consistent throughout the entire story.

Great manga overall. Really glad I picked this up and finished it.

Lucifer And The Biscuit Hammer

Man. That was a good read. Probably one of the funnest manga I've read in a long time.

I wasn't really feeling the artwork at first but after the second or so volume I got used to it and by the time the rest of the knights appeared I actually started to like it. There were some really touching and thought provoking moments and I really liked how the ending wrapped everything up nicely. I absolutely loved Amamiya's transition from an unsocial lazy guy to a matured and complete badass by the end.

The supporting characters were all great, each with their own quirks and personalities that kept them from becoming cliched. The main villain was particularly interesting in his own right in the way he interacted with the cast and how he viewed the world. The story itself didn't seem particularly original but the way it handled pretty much everything (the plot, the character backstories, the relationships between the characters, the challenges they faced, etc.) I felt was really consistent throughout the entire story.

Great manga overall. Really glad I picked this up and finished it.
Plus, the ending was really satisfying, which way too rare in manga.

Lovely Complex + Lovely Complex Plus (epilogue / vol 17 chapters)
I finally finished it. What can I say ? It was a little slow sometimes and a couple chapters were boring, but overall, it was a good read.

• Drawings : Decent art, cute characters are cute and cool characters are cool. Koizumi is adorable and her deformations are good too.
  • Story : It's a classic love story between teenagers. The whole height difference thing is important at first but doesn't get too much importance in the later chapters, which isn't bad. The situations also vary, and keep things fresh. Ocasionnally the focus is on other characters, but it's still interesting.
  • Lenght / Flow : It's not the most fast-paced series I know, but it's definitely not a slowjo. The conflicts are resolved quickly enough (in terms of chapters, no one wants to see a dispute dragged for 10 chapters), and overall the manga has an adequate length.
  • SMUT : Nonexistent. Disappointing.
    Seriously though, the Maity's wedding chapters were kind of refreshing in that regard
tl;dr : If you want to get into shoujo, read this. Maybe it'll spoil you the rest, but it would be a pity to pass on this.

Also it's funny how when you read you go from "aaaaw" to "I'm going to die alone"
tumblr_m43eu8NntT1r959dn.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Arisa 31

Jesus Christ what is even going on anymore.

Well, apart from the author's other work (most notably Emma, a fictional maid's story set in the end of 1900's London)...

Cesare by Fuyumi Souryo (ES, MARS)
The Borgias have had a lot of media coverage lately from TV (The Borgias) and Games (Assassin's Creed) but she tells a really interesting and more practical/mechanical tale of Cesare Borgia and life in his time period. (Late 1400s)

Historie by Hitoshi Iwaaki
Similar in tone to Cesare, although this actually covers the life of Eumenes in the time of Alexander the Great and the Macedonians. There is quite a bit of political intrigue but also a lot about the inner details of daily life in that time. (Starts at around 343BC)

Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura (Planetes)
It starts historically grounded although maybe not as firmly planted as the two above. Nonetheless, you get an interesting story of Vikings in around 1013-1018AD.

Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk)
Not a lot is known about the historical figure Musashi Miyamoto (1640+AD Japan) but this manga is it's own take on a popular fictional book about Musashi's life - giving it authenticity in scene to make up for the gaps in detail of his life.

There are others that are worth looking at that play with History but are by necessity not the truth (Billy Bat, Ooku, for instance)

Haven't read Historie, Cesare or Vagabond yet so I might check those out.

survivor

Banned
Ok enough of E3 garbage, The Last of Us thread is too disgusting to keep reading. Back to manga

7-nin no Shakespeare

I have no particular interest in Shakespeare or anything but I like this. These backward ass people are too hilarious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Big 3 better be decent this week, I can't handle much more disapointment after E3..

[edit]

Actually, just give me One Piece and I'll be fine.

Yeah... I think I'm going to stay away from Gaming for the next couple of weeks. It's nothing but knee-jerk anger right now.

Me? I'm just depressed... This should have been a big year, but it wasn't.

Either way, Luffy kicking ass should make me happy.

Articalys

TL-R Darkness 20

I swear, Yabuki has a checklist for each chapter and the only line item on it is "had Rito had his face pressed up against a girl's crotch yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom