• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

I'm so fucking mad right now. Gaming is dead

Long live manga
Reality is finally hitting people. Gaming has been on life support for me for years. People saying now is the best time ever in gaming just leaves me scratching my head. Break out some RE4 bro and live the good life.

Then break out some Kono S. Manga isn't fucking dying! Let us march!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Reality is finally hitting people. Gaming has been on life support for me for years. People saying now is the best time ever in gaming just leaves me scratching my head. Break out some RE4 bro and live the good life.

Before(SENS/N64/GC) days: 60+ games per console
Now: We (family) less then 20

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
you guys were expecting something out of e3?

lol

gaming has been dead for a while now. there will be the random gem that comes out on random system x on random year y, but other than that...expect the cookie cutter "hardcore" shit or "casual" shit which is by definition, repugnant garbage. slowly but surely, that same garbage is becoming the majority.

lol gaming.

manga ftw. tomorrow is wednesday!

Tsunade is a granny ewwwwwww

not with that body she ain't and thats all that matters (its hentai doujins)

I think you mean and.

and

i realized it was kinda wierd given her bust but i just stuck with it

This might be the first time i ever saw all three companies fail as hard as they did tbh.

Thank fucking God for Ubisoft

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

my expectancy has lowered greatly since the ps2 generation. there are a handful of games that i want. im only pissed that they may not see the west. extreme hype and extreme pessimism are pretty hilarious to me.

Mr. Fix

E3 left me a little salty.

manga ftw. tomorrow is wednesday!

tumblr_m3pwt5bEFe1qinx0w.gif

Zekes!

my expectancy has lowered greatly since the ps2 generation. there are a handful of games that i want. im only pissed that they may not see the west. extreme hype and extreme pessimism are pretty hilarious to me.

I'm excited to be getting my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne from Amazon more than anything right now.

except maybe Phantasy Star Online 2

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmm, I don't think spoiler tags is necessary at this point. Nobody seem to care about Xenosaga anymore anyways :(

Jesus did not play an important part on the game. In fact, Xenosaga III pretty much showed that all of the miracles he performed was done by Chaos and Mary whereas Jesus himself was just playing a figurehead role, hahaha.

And Shion was not Jesus. She's basically a reincarnation of someone that also lived on the same time frame as Mary Magdalene + Jesus + Chaos. The game did not specifically said who, IIRC, only that she's a Maiden that was also Mary's best friend.

....Also, Allen finally hooking up with Shion was a very, very big pay off for me.

The manga adaptation was not that special, unfortunately *sigh*
Its not like the game was about Jesus really, I just found it offputting they tried to find some bizzare way to connect it all to Christianity instead of just making it about Space shit.

Solune

Long live manga
Gaming is dead #fucknintendo #fucksony #fuckmicrosoft HAIL TANKSTANKSTANKS and DBZ
Damn right.

I'm gonna take some days off next week to marathon something just to get my mind off E3.

(after I finally finish Heaven's Feel)
Just in time for the Fate/Zero finale??
It was an enjoyable, kinda trashy but heartfelt shoujo manga with soap opera-ish situations but genuine characterization and then this happened:

10/10, must read confirmed.
The English language version of the manga, published by Tokyopop, was originally rated OT (Older Teen; 16+), but starting with the release of Volume 6 and carrying back over to future reprintings of the previous five, the rating was changed to M (Mature; 18+) for extremely explicit content in that volume
Must read indeed

Indeed, I'll never grow tired of RE4. There should be a manga about Leon infiltrating Neo Umbrella and fucking shit up. I'd read that shit so hard.

Blue Exorcist 36

Yukio messing things up as usual. I wish he would get over his anger, feel like he's been the same since litrally way back two years ago (irl). Rin is so cool. This arc feels like a mini one, I guess.

survivor

Banned
It was an enjoyable, kinda trashy but heartfelt shoujo manga with soap opera-ish situations but genuine characterization and then this happened:

10/10, must read confirmed.

Jesus christ, I just read like 2 random volumes and this is sooo fucking depressing. What kind of fucking bullying is this? This shit is torture.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, some of you can be pretty overdramatic right now.

Gaming is not dead, there are still some fantastic games out there.

Just look at the Fire Emblem Awakening, for instance. Can't wait to play it in English..................

....wait what, it is not inside the list of Nintendo-released upcoming 3DS list of games?

Yeah, you guys are right. Gaming is dead right now :mad:

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just look at the Fire Emblem Awakening, for instance. Can't wait to play it in English..................

....wait what, it is not inside the list of Nintendo-released upcoming 3DS list of games?

tZMJY.jpg

Man, some of you can be pretty overdramatic right now.

Gaming is not dead, there are still some fantastic games out there.

Well you can always hope its shown tomorrow at the 3ds game conference, I think...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bbbbbbut what about RE6. It's supposed to have zombies right? More like 5 zombies and 13908591308590235 bug men.

neoanarch

Ok enough of E3 garbage, The Last of Us thread is too disgusting to keep reading. Back to manga

7-nin no Shakespeare

I have no particular interest in Shakespeare or anything but I like this. These backward ass people are too hilarious.

I can not stand the translations for that. I plowed through some really shoddy translations but seeing english butchered in a Shakespeare manga made me ill. Not to mention the honorifics are just completely out of place for the setting.

Angry Grimace

2 of the 3 of them are pretty good right now. Don't hate.

We might be done with the Itachi Battle for good so that at least takes Naruto out of F status and back into...D territory? Or something.

Madara fighting all five kages at the same time and basically winning until they summoned the Megazord was already insanely moronic.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The worst part is the Kages aren't even going to beat Madara.

Itachi's going to end Edo Tensei at the last moment and then Madara will disappear. Old Dust guy will probably die too and say something profound about the next generation.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto is objectively bad right now, I know, but you guys could at least let me have hope that it'll get better. I don't want to open my eyes to reality. I want to stay stuck in Izanami.

Zekes!

Whew I'm all cooled down from E3 now. Starting to feel pretty good about some vidya games now that the initial disappointment has worn off.

I read Puppy Lovers today. I was diggin' it; fun, ecchi, onee-chan/older girl romance. Kind of wish Ryuta Amazume was working on this more rather than Nana and Kaoru (at least at this point) but whateves.

Either way I need more older girl romances in my manga. I already read Anedoki a long time ago *sigh*

Kono S o, Mi yo! is kind of scratching that itch, but not enough

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I am not laughing at all, damn it :((

Well you can always hope its shown tomorrow at the 3ds game conference, I think...

By NOA? That has the same chance of everyone in this thread agreeing unanimously that Naruto is awesome.

Sigh.

Also, don't know why, maybe its due to the E3, but it feels like some of you guys seem more bitter than usual, haha. Not blaming it to any of you though.... I am pretty dispirited myself right now *sigh*

Zekes!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure~ Steel Ball Run ch. 93 is out!

thanks for reminding me I need to finish Stone Ocean.

Also someone should take a bunch of volumes from To Love-Ru and To Love-Ru Darkness and put them in a time capsule

after we burn the world to the ground, it'll become the bible for the future of mankind as it rises from the ashes

The raws for the big 3 are up.

op spoilers
Title: Blizzard with a chance of Slime
Cover: Franky arm-wrestles a gorilla while Robin interferes

Tashigi notices and attacks Luffy but he easily catches her and remarks how weak Smokey's gotten.
Smoker attacks with his jutte, and Luffy is surprised at how strong glasses-girl is. Robin realizes that it's because of Law's power, and she says so.
Luffy: "You're... Smokey!?" *bursts out laughing*
"Let's fight properly next time. There's no point in going at it if you're not at full strength."

Franky destroys the gate with his beam.
Bits of slime fall from the sky onto the escaping Marines' ship and emit poison gas. It attacks the Marines.
Those who touch it are poisoned, and when they burn it, it explodes and incinerates the whole ship. Tons of people die.
Slime bits start falling on Luffy's group. At the same time, Caesar appears.
Caesar tells Luffy and Smoker to wait a bit longer. Because the slime hates water, in order to cross the lake it's shooting pieces of itself across.

Zoro and co. nonchalantly stare at the slime from across the lake.

Caesar: "From the blazing to the frozen lands...!! When the entirety of the slime reaches here, you'll all be consumed!! Four years ago, the-"
Luffy: "Gotcha!!"
Caesar: "Ehhh!!"

Steroyd

Naruto

Aaaw isn't that sweet, Sasuske announced he's got even more hatred than ever, and will piss all over Itachi's good will... and said it to his face as well. Wtf is this shit!?

I've been looking for an adequate rage gif for when Naruto changes Sasuske over from the dark side, but I give up, I just won't be able to quantify my rage adequately enough at that development.

Is it too much to ask that Itachi Inzanami's Sauske out of his stupid before he dissapears? That would be a more tolerable development than Naruto handling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom