• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Soul Eater 99

Amazing chapter. So informative. Finally we get the history of the feud between Shibusen and the witches. Kid is so funny. There´s a page with Excalibur that´s not translated. I guess the translators got annoyed with him :D

I'm really hoping that the witches are going to be the craziest group we've seen in action thus far. I can't wait for this brawl to go down.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Happy Birthday guys. I still want to know the ages of everyone here. I asked the question a while ago and no one spoke up.

Bleach: B

You guys...lol. I understand that you have no Naruto chapter to direct your hate towards this week. I mean, I know this is MANGAF WEDNESDAY LULZ but when seriously shitting on stuff, at least make valid complaints.

So, the "plan" that the captains had was stupid? How? What exactly did you expect them to do? Let's suppose they don't go bankai...

The captains give it their all by using Shikai first. They already know that they'll have to give it their all (i.e. bankai) to win. Okay, so they could waste their time using shikai. Kubo spends a few weeks showing their fights, they get overpowered, go bankai, and get it stolen. ManGAF's response: WOW WTF. Why did Kubo waste all of his time showing us this fight when all they were going to do was get their bankai stolen anyway? UGH.

These are only four of the many setups shown. We knew that some people were going to get their Bankai stolen. Kubo has gotten straight to the point (their bankais were stolen...moving on to how to solve the problem) and yet it still isn't good enough.

The plan wasn't for them to have bankai and expect to be able to fight with it. The plan was "We'll go bankai because that's the only option, and hope to be able to come up with a strategy after we see how it's done and go from there." It's the only viable tactic given the situation. This would be an incredibly stupid plan if the captains were all together like in the FKT arc, but they are all spread out and don't have the luxury of using a "guinea pig" bankai so to speak.

Why weren't the Shinigami ready for the Quincy? Why would they be? They just learned about the Bankai shit less than a day ago, they had no time to prepare. They thought the Quincy were extinct. Yamamoto thought that it would be 5 days and the invasion was instead a surprise. They said they trained after the Aizen stuff, but this Quincy business is relatively new shit. Also, why is everyone saying that it's impossible that the Quincy could outclass Captains? We don't know anything about the Quincy war of the past, nor if there was a power struggle, if the Quincy were strong, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and Big One, your post was great. If Kubo doesn't explain anything relating to these Quincy and the Quincy war, I will renege on everything I've said and proclaim Bleach as the worst manga I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Loudly and proudly. Thought I know that's already fitting the bill for so many. SWAG.

Will read OP later...

survivor

Banned
Again 13

cY73z.jpg

I really don't understand Usami. At this point you would expect her to ask Imamura and the other previous club members to join but she just lashes out against them. And as usual Abe got another plan and this time it's not as convoluted.

Solune

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
-I think the mysterious figure is Joker. Furthermore, I think Joker is a world noble. Its been before that a world noble came to the island before and it would explain how Joker has enough influence to cover everything up. Also, considering Law's crew's previous connections to slavery and the hints we've gotten before, it would help explain why Law knows about Joker. In fact, Law's terror at that the mysterious figure might be because he was his old master as a slave or something.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
If you just don't ever talk to Big One, he stops posting. He's just posting the same trollpost every single week and most of the time nobody responds and he leaves until the next Wedensday. You're breaking the cycle.
I'll take Big One over Smut GAF. Which is what the thread immediately descends to the instant the big three get stale.

So I respond to BO, I get something dumb from him, and several other replies from other posters. It can extend Wed all the way to Thurs.

Mr. Fix

If you just don't ever talk to Big One, he stops posting. He's just posting the same trollpost every single week and most of the time nobody responds and he leaves until the next Wedensday. You're breaking the cycle.

His posts are entertaining somewhat. I may not respond, but he's a key part of ManGAF. Much like Beam.

Kaiji

I never knew Mitsurou Kubo was a big Fukumuto fan

Speaking of Fukumoto, Kaiji's "Mahjong arc" is extremely confusing for someone (like me) who doesn't know a bit about Mahjong (and doesn't want to learn either), but it's still engrossing to see how deep Kaiji can fall and how satisfying it is when he manages to beat the odds and get rid of his despicable opponents.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji

Speaking of Fukumoto, Kaiji's "Mahjong arc" is extremely confusing for someone (like me) who doesn't know a bit about Mahjong (and doesn't want to learn either), but it's still engrossing to see how deep Kaiji can fall and how satisfying it is when he manages to beat the odds and get rid of his despicable opponents.

This is why I keep advocating that the next Fukumoto anime adaptation should be Gambling Emperor Legend Zero instead of Kaiji season 3. Zero got crazy games and it's not confusing mahjong games that make no damn sense.

Steel Ball Run end

"Boy A later died of a cold" ........... :/ Araki, you are such a troll, lol.

The ways the villains die/are beaten gets crazier with each part ever since the end of 4. Completely non-standard for a shounen, but awesome nonetheless.

And now I can finally move onto Jojolion!

gunbo13

Happy Birthday guys. I still want to know the ages of everyone here.
+1 from yesterday.
If you're not fooling me then happy bday! gunbo13, it all makes sense.
I'm not fooling and thanks plus the same (along with everyone else). And yes, that's where the 13 comes from.

Bleach

Yea, dumb. If Kubo tells us that it was Mayuri's plan, I'm out. Who experiments with your top people and all at the same time? Kubo better keep his day job of spilling blank ink because I don't think any company would take him. Even Sony.

Dresden

Kubo would get snatched up by Squareenix pretty fast. He could make sweet love with Nomura and there would be zippers and scarves everywhere.

Fabulous.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
gunbo why cant you ever be nice and just answer my questions

i saw your comment about me earlier too. thats not nice.

youre not nice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The ink is actually nanomachines.

Watch Ichigo's nothingness attack in REAL TIME.

upandaway

Aiki (1-60)

Joukyuu is such a jerk, and he's so silly all the time, I love him. Also, this manga sure is excited when it comes to different weapons. How the hell do you use a Y-shaped sword? At this point it's just a one-shot gimmick (and the manga STILL manages to go the powerlevel route despite all that).

The only thing that's kind of annoying is the battle commentary. Joukyuu is like the only good character for it, and that's only when he's not fighting. This manga needs a good Sano or the author can just narrate it himself, like Toriko/HxH.

gunbo13

gunbo why cant you ever be nice and just answer my questions
I don't wanna. Ruins the mystique.
i saw your comment about me earlier too. thats not nice.
Indeed. That's why I cried in my car afterwards from the guilt
of reading Bleach
youre not nice.
Sure I am. Don't you remember when I wished you a happy birthday?
The ink is actually nanomachines.
Needs a Death Note twist. Blank ink made of nanomachines makes your writing come to life. But what comes to life are the souls of the dead. You are now a covert operative in charge of stopping a foreign government experimenting with nanomachine ghost ink. Your name is Strawberry Anaconda and you are the "soul machine."

Soul Machine - coming to jump soon.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn 389
tumblr_m5l517kfRV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This panel looked really cool to me. Always late to reading it but, at the end of the day, I also had the same expression and comment at the end of the chapter...What in the world is Tsuna up to? I can't think of anything to how he can save the Arcobaleno from a grim faith. Amano is going to blow my mind what whatever explanation she comes up with.

survivor

Banned
Hate to post this at the bottom of a page, but:
Weekly Manga rankings for June 4-10

16, *41,083 *,*41,083 Sankarea, Vol. 6
Opening sales for previous volumes

Sankarea 3 - 24,363
Sankarea 4 - 44,120
Sankarea 5 - 31,020

So looks like the anime did absolutely nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.