• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Box

How is it that no matter how I look at this, Zenkichi now has THE most broken ability ever conceived in the manga medium? Goddamnit NisiOisiN, just when I thought the series would wind down with a whimper, you introduce something that changes up everything in its apparent simpleness/mundane qualities. :lol
I'm curious, I don't like Medaka Box but I got halfway through, and seeing some of the abilities certain characters had, I can't really figure how an ability can be ever more broken than Medaka's. Spoilers please ?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'd say it's up there.

Wiseblade's top 5 dumbest moments in Fairy Tail

1) Using tomorrow's magic, today

I could probably come up with worse stuff if I sat down and though about it, but I don't want to.

But that was the single best moment in Fairy Tail ever, pure genius!

I'm curious, I don't like Medaka Box but I got halfway through, and seeing some of the abilities certain characters had, I can't really figure how an ability can be ever more broken than Medaka's. Spoilers please ?

This image explains it: http://i.imgur.com/SwrW4.png

flawfuls

Bambino End

That was probably the best cooking manga I've ever read. Great artwork, powerful moments and a nice sense of progression. In a lot of ways it reminded me of Dance Subaru. My only real complaint was how they they handled the last few chapters. The whole meal for the ex was well done, but the fact that the Touch 2.0 thing happened immediately after made it seem like a cheap way pave they way for the main romance. Still the ending made me hyped for the sequel. Hopefully someone actually translates it.

upandaway

Medaka Box

Zenkichi is fucking crazy. Holy shit. Hahahahaha.

Anshin'in gave up trying to make Zenkichi the MC, so she went ahead and tried to rewrite what a Jump MC is.
To begin with, though, Medaka was always in the perfect position to win, and any luck in any of her fights was only to the advantage of her enemies. So in a sense Medaka was already what Anshin'in wants Zenkichi to be (even though it's different since Medaka rode the tails of being MC the entire way).

By the way, Devil Style could totally be a Stand's ability, especially in the later parts like Part 6 or SBR. I love it.

Fairy Tail 275

Well it seems the tournament is getting more intense with dealings beneath the surface altering match ups and involvement. Meaning that it makes me hyped to see Natsu and Gajeel and even the other dragonslayers in the next events. Best part of the chapter was all the stuff at the bar, classic Fairy Tail antics never get old and keep things cool, compelling, and hilarious. I think the drama will be quite high this arc for the series based on the visions at the end, kind of scared on what may happen, and if it means Fairy Tail may suffer a casualty. That would be frightening. Hopefully this features an ice maker team up and eventually, to close the final fight of the arc, an all out dragonslayer teamup, that would be perhaps the best moment in the series if Mashima can do it.

upandaway

FT

Oh no, not THAT™! THAT™ will be completed soon?! My mind cannot fathom.

Also:
Juvia's imagination
Levy grabbing onto Gajeel to stop him
Taking Kana's bikini after the contest
It is... the best tail.

gunbo13

Mushishi vol 1

Still not fully following the whole Mushi thing, but not a big deal. The art is serviceable and good.
They are just Mushi.
Mushishi was good for a while until I realized it's basically the same story over and over again except with different mushi.
It's episodic. You should take it in small doses over time to just get something different.
Wiseblade's top 5 dumbest moments in Fairy Tail

5) Natsu's electricity powers being permanent

4) Frozen in time-skip

3) Edolas crap (Lisanna being alive and Mystogan existing)

2) Using tomorrow's magic, today

1) Reading Fairy Tale
FTFY

Steroyd

They were in stasis! Frozen in time. How COULD they have changed?

Mashima's done a lot of really stupid plot points, but that's not one of the worse ones.

It is quite up there.

Consider that the Fairy Tail crew could barely handle Grimoire Heart 7 years ago, and they had to outright fight above themselves to defeat them, then they suddenly get jumped forward 7 years, where everyone has a 7 year advantage over them in which they had only 3 months to "catch up", in which they got trolled and Ultear used some forbidden magic that boosted their magic up in a day, and I havn't even put in the villains of the current arc who have been virtually sitting on their hands all this time for some reason.

The event and the repurcussions of it is all blargh!

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail

I don't know why everyone gets all bent out of shape after they read Fairy Tail. Its lowest common denominator, the funnies you read in a newspaper while drinking your coffee. I ended up liking this chapter, since I had a few laughs. (Kana is such a bottle fairy / random dude trolling everyone etc)

I hope I wasn't the only one who fell for Lucy's confession to Grey lmao, that through me for a loop.

Esch

Banned
Fairy Tail is just fucked. Ive lost interest, too many ridiculous plot points. To be honest i havent truly liked it since before Edolas.

On the other hand I just picked up Toriko... God this manga makes me wanna eat sooo bad.

upandaway

Magi

I just love Aladdin's first reaction to seeing beautiful ladies :lol Alibaba's already seen through him.

Dunno what's gonna happen with the prince and everything but anyway I'm still waiting for my dungeon capture.

Fairy Tail
. I ended up liking this chapter, since I had a few laughs. (Kana is such a bottle fairy / random dude trolling everyone etc)

I hope I wasn't the only one who fell for Lucy's confession to Grey lmao, that through me for a loop.

I can never disagree with you on Fairy Tail, same to all points.

Fairy Tail is just fucked. Ive lost interest, too many ridiculous plot points. To be honest i havent truly liked it since before Edolas.

On the other hand I just picked up Toriko... God this manga makes me wanna eat sooo bad.

Too many plot points? Fairy Tail is quite simple for the tournament, theres just two things going on, this isnt like One Piece with an endlessly expanding universe or bleach with many points branching off of an infinitely repeating linear pattern.

Oh and Toriko is an awesome anime, makes me wish we lived in the gourmet age.

Buster Keel 1

I will assume that Mashima and this manga artist are pretty good friends and they wanted to tell more stories in the same universe as I think it fits well into the world. Although character designs are not quite as up there with me yet (Main character can often look cool but some of the silly faces and such seem off), the action is pretty cool and Ive grown to like his abilities. I think I will definitely keep reading, one of the best suggestions someone has made in the thread this month.

upandaway

Arachnid ch1-14

It's such a silly manga. I love all the trivia too. The concept is really really silly, but hey that never stopped me before.
I love this kind of MC too. All these crazy people coming at her and no reaction.

I lost it at this moment this moment (NSFW). Waking up from bed to see her, covered in oil, eating your underwear. Cockroach-chan is the best girl.

Thumbs up for this manga.

scy

Nisekoi 18 - Harem get. Kind of wonder how many other girls will be piled into this by the end. Also, color spread next week? Neat.

Is Onodera actually still a character anymore?

Fairy Tail

meh chapter but what did you honestly expect...

Magi

Aladdin alway manages to get a laugh out of me. And I have the feeling the thing that Sinbad did to the princess was something absolutely ridiculous.

Does someone read Yami no Aegis? Interesting series.
Love this page simply screams I AM BATMAN.

Edit: Almost banned myself lol

wHVjw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom