• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

You never know. Shaman King's anime was cancelled and it lead to downfall so bad the manga was cancelled too (and only came back thanks to Stan Lee).
Wow really? I always though Shaman King was kinda popular. From what I read at least it was quite enjoyable.

Lain

Last I remember of Shaman King, it was canceled exactly because it wasn't popular, but since fans kept asking about it and the author was interested in giving it a proper end, the publisher said if they got 20000 requests (or something like that) from fans to have the ending published, they would.
I hadn't ever heard of Stan Lee having anything to do with reviving SK.

Last I remember of Shaman King, it was canceled exactly because it wasn't popular, but since fans kept asking about it and the author was interested in giving it a proper end, the publisher said if they got 20000 requests (or something like that) from fans to have the ending published, they would.

And it was published. I liked it.

scy

Only involvement I can think of with Stan Lee is Ultimo.

Bleach

So the Bleach anime is ending on the 27th (fully confirmed now). Who wants to bet the rankings on Bleach will take a slump worse than the one it had during the Fullbringer arc?
FYI manga sales get only one time boost when the anime airs and that´s immediate volume that sells after the amine is published. Bleach got a boost from 800k to 1.1 million sold volumes, and that´s when the anime aired. Most manga get a boost when the anime airs. Toriko for example only got a 100k boost when the anime aired. Bleach is the 4/5/6 best selling manga SJ has. There is no way in hell it would be cancelled.

Reknoc

Started reading that Magi thing people seem to like. It's really good, but so far (ch. 54) there hasn't nearly been enough Morgianna.

Only involvement I can think of with Stan Lee is Ultimo.

I wish Ultimo had worked out instead of becoming an annual manga series...

FYI manga sales get only one time boost when the anime airs and that´s immediate volume that sells after the amine is published. Bleach got a boost from 800k to 1.1 million sold volumes, and that´s when the anime aired. Most manga get a boost when the anime airs. Toriko for example only got a 100k boost when the anime aired. Bleach is the 4/5/6 best selling manga SJ has. There is no way in hell it would be cancelled.

I think its an odd thought to imagine it being cancelled in its final arc.

Griffith

Banned
RRR 105

You have a great victory, and then you fuck it all up by doing something like that.

That's probably the end of Riki's boxing career. Asahina will probably end up in jail since Aozora reconised him as the one from the accident.

Azure J

Soul Eater

"We're going to the moon, screw logic!" - Maka

Best way to describe all of current Soul Eater in a nutshell and I love it. :lol

Shit is about to get so real if all of Team Spartoi and Crona are headed there. Also Justin got fucking destroyed by Stein.

You can't be saying that with a straight face, there's just no way.

Are you secretly a troll? Up until now I thought you were a person with exceedingly bad tastes in everything... now i'm not sure.
That's like asking if Aizen is a troll.
Kimi no Iru Machi 175I've never seen a series remain so devoid of substance for such a prolonged period of time.I don't even know if I have a real reason to keep reading this each week. I'm just going through the motions, which is apparently the same thing Seo is doing.Also, the first OAD was released with volume 17 a few days ago.
For me it's just my weekly rage fix with some nice tit and panty shots. It still enjoy seeing Haruto fucking up. Sometimes it's just too good.
Wow really? I always though Shaman King was kinda popular. From what I read at least it was quite enjoyable.
I still have to finish it, but yes, Shaman King is pretty awesome.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

Just a heads up in case some people didn't see it, the recent anime episode had a full Zoldyck silhouette with (I think, since she's the only family member said to be alive but not shown yet) Zeno's wife/Killua's grandmother.

Offender in question:
1dDX1.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she was ever shown even in silhouette form (unless it was in some crazy obscure databook or something), so uh yeah.

Kimi No Iru Swimsuits 33

Good, now I have a perfectly understandable reason for reading this. Except masochism.
I've notice that I'm really, really slow to get through this particular series...

Kimi No Iru Swimsuits 33

Good, now I have a perfectly understandable reason for reading this. Except masochism.
I've notice that I'm really, really slow to get through this particular series...

Oh, it will get better (or worse, depending on how you see it). There will be moment where you want to rip someones head off. It's wonderful.

upandaway

Life is Money ch1

Yes. Yes, please. Thank you.

Okay.

edit: wowowowow all these rules and stuff now dude

let me think for a second alright LET ME THINK YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST MANGA

ch4

If the blind chick is acting it I will be so angry. Seriously. Please don't do that to me.

Reknoc

Hunter x Hunter

Just a heads up in case some people didn't see it, the recent anime episode had a full Zoldyck silhouette with (I think, since she's the only family member said to be alive but not shown yet) Zeno's wife/Killua's grandmother.

Offender in question:
1dDX1.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she was ever shown even in silhouette form (unless it was in some crazy obscure databook or something), so uh yeah.

This is basically the equivalent of a dying man doing something crazy, knowing he won't be alive to have to deal with the consequences.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So, my sister and I just finished the Thriller Bark arc.

My god, what a piece of shit. SO BORING. Full of characters that aren't engaging at all and a villain that was annoying at best. HULK-LUFFY was laughable, and the only good part of the arc was the recruitment of Brook, who my sister thinks is pretty funny, and all of the scenes involving Zoro.

That, and once Kuma stepped in, shit got kind of real, the very end of the arc was exciting, but man was everything before that boring. We ended up completely skimming/skipping through some of the episodes (as I knew what was/wasn't important in the grand scheme of things).

Thank god that's over.

upandaway

Life is Money (caught up)

Damn this is crazy. Everyone are a bit too easily influenced, but aside from that, I love everything. Crazy stuff.

Just please let MC get spirit next time. Breaking down is fine and all but I like him most when he's the only logical person out of all of them (well besides the white hair handband dude but he's too low profile right now).

tl;dr I am very happy with this

Wiseblade

My god, what a piece of shit. SO BORING. Full of characters that aren't engaging at all and a villain that was annoying at best. HULK-LUFFY was laughable, and the only good part of the arc was the recruitment of Brook, who my sister thinks is pretty funny, and all of the scenes involving Zoro.

That, and once Kuma stepped in, shit got kind of real, the very end of the arc was exciting, but man was everything before that boring. We ended up completely skimming/skipping through some of the episodes (as I knew what was/wasn't important in the grand scheme of things).

Thank god that's over.

What did you think of the animation and the pacing?

Mr. Fix

Dat Docking animation.

Also, agreed with Stat mostly. TB was off to a bad start, and shit didn't get real yet until Kuma popping in/the Oars fight (though the crew splitting up and getting ready to throw it down after being awoken was hype). Sabaody's good fun though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Animation was pretty solid. There were some stellar parts and some okay parts. The animation for the Zoro vs Kuma episode and subsequent episode was fantastic.

Pacing? It was blah. I didn't care about most of the stuff going on up until the end so yeah, my idea of pacing in the arc is probably inaccurate.

Big One

Banned

Thank god that's over.
Still better than the best parts of Bleach and Naruto

survivor

Banned
Love in Hell 1-6

A funny little manga about a dude that goes to hell for the sins he committed. Obviously he goes there without clothes so the only solution the devil tasked in taking care of him offers is to make him wear this. Also these devils are different than the ones in TLR, their weak point is their horns. Oh and the MC later gets a job in Amazon

Wish more chapters were out.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Still better than the best parts of Bleach and Naruto
No.

Actually, we were so bored during some of the OP episodes that to stop ourselves from falling asleep we watched the Ichigo vs Grimmjow fight animated and it woke us back up, so that we could continue watching OP.

Lain

Thermae Romae vol 3
d4652e3b3ce4a9439845fff5c4219483f2c82841.jpg

The plan to
have Lucio killed
totally backfired in a funny/awesome way.
His commotion after trying Ramen? Priceless.
I'm wondering, are the pages (and pages) of talks from the author translated in the scanlations?

survivor

Banned
Thermae Romae vol 3
d4652e3b3ce4a9439845fff5c4219483f2c82841.jpg

The plan to
have Lucio killed
totally backfired in a funny/awesome way.
His commotion after trying Ramen? Priceless.
I'm wondering, are the pages (and pages) of talks from the author translated in the scanlations?

If you mean the stuff at the end of each chapter then yeah, they were translated.

Big One

Banned
No.

Actually, we were so bored during some of the OP episodes that to stop ourselves from falling asleep we watched the Ichigo vs Grimmjow fight animated and it woke us back up, so that we could continue watching OP.
Yes. The arcs in Bleach are way more badly paced than Thriller Bark (even Soul Society) and the fights in Bleach fucking suck too. If I wanted to watch YGO shit, I'd watch that instead. A bunch of twinkies shooting lasers out of their swords =/= entertaining fights.

Wiseblade

No.

Falling for such cheap bait? I thought you were better than this, Stat.

survivor

Banned
Yep that's what I meant.
Lots of respect for the scanlators then, cause there's a lot of text in those pages.

Now if only they can release more than 4 chapters

I have no friends 23

One of the weirdest "meet my family" chapters I ever read.

Also no Yozora so the chapter is all good.

Big One

Banned
Please. The first arc of bleach is boring as shit. I would've dropped the series had it kept up the monster of the week nonsense
So actual character development, good action, good focus on the story, an actual funny shit is "boring"? Oh lawdy. Yeah ALL manga should stop trying to tell a story

Verelios

Boku No Tomo

Hmmm. HMMMMM. Yeah, chapter was kind of empty, but at least we learned some things. Right? No, I guess not.

Still a good set up for Kodaka X Sena. Fuck Yozora, Sena is obviously the better route. Oh, right, on the substance side, I guess we saw that
Kodaka didn't exactly find his dad to be a deadbeat.
Uh...yeah.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Please. The first arc of bleach is boring as shit. I would've dropped the series had it kept up the monster of the week nonsense
Yeah basically. It got great when Byakuya and Renji stopped by to beat the shit out of Ichigo...and then the following Urahara training was damn fun. Things before that though were boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom