• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

I would chip in with my opinion of bleach, but I don't see the point when beam will just retaliate with "One Piece is dumb durr" posts...

Big One

Banned
Yeah basically. It got great when Byakuya and Renji stopped by to beat the shit out of Ichigo...and then the following Urahara training was damn fun. Things before that though were boring.
I'd hate to see your reaction to real manga like Akira, Solanin and others if you find anything that tells a story to be "boring." All of the character arcs in Bleach in the first arc were touching and really developed the main cast of characters accordingly. It was funny as shit, and all the battles were fucking epic because Ichigo wasn't 100% invincible and immune to failure and didn't try to look cool in every shot. The final battle of the first arc is still the best in the series cause it involved a cast of characters that have been developed working together to fight a common enemy, and the action was actually befitted to be in an actual manga rather than some type of psuedo-storyboard for the anime.

survivor

Banned
Boku No Tomo

Hmmm. HMMMMM. Yeah, chapter was kind of empty, but at least we learned some things. Right? No, I guess not.

Still a good set up for Kodaka X Sena. Fuck Yozora, Sena is obviously the better route. Oh, right, on the substance side, I guess we saw that
Kodaka didn't exactly find his dad to be a deadbeat.
Uh...yeah.

The only 2 reasons I can see someone picking Yozora over Sena is if you are A) blind or B) herbivore

Other than that, Sena is logically the more superior choice.

gunbo13

The only 2 reasons I can see someone picking Yozora over Sena is if you are A) blind or B) herbivore

I usually like the bitchier characters but Sena route is way better then Yozora. Yet Yukimura is a better character then both of them.

Zekes!

I gotta chip in and say (though I might regret it) that I liked the first arc in Bleach a hell of a lot more than what it ended up becoming

gunbo13

I gotta chip in and say (though I might regret it) that I liked the first arc in Bleach a hell of a lot more than what it ended up becoming
yReB7.png

The latest chapter of Iris Zero is now my favorite just for this image.

scy

I prefer Yozora if only so I don't set myself up for eventual disappointment :(

Sena is superior girl and I hope it ends that way

survivor

Banned
I prefer Yozora if only so I don't set myself up for eventual disappointment :(

Sena is superior girl and I hope it ends that way
Meat for life

I usually like the bitchier characters but Sena route is way better then Yozora. Yet Yukimura is a better character then both of them.
picking anyone not named Rika or Yukimura is insanity

the main girls SUCK
I was with Yukimura all the way until I read the LN spoilers

iavi

Kami no Shizuku

Come on son, do not be goaded by kindergarten- level rhetoric. I can't see him winning this challenge, now that he's roped himself into it.

Prison School

That tension is something else, haha. Things are about to go so bad, and were so close to going good.

PK Gaming

Yeah basically. It got great when Byakuya and Renji stopped by to beat the shit out of Ichigo...and then the following Urahara training was damn fun. Things before that though were boring.

Those were the days hehe.

Bleach's peak was when Ichigo first used Bankai to beat the fuck out of Byakuya. I'll never forget watching that fight on the shitty channel that was YTV. Such good times were had...!

Those were the days hehe.

Bleach's peak was when Ichigo first used Bankai to beat the fuck out of Byakuya. I'll never forget watching that fight on the shitty channel that was YTV. Such good times were had...!

Bleach's peak was when Aizen faked his death. short after that it went downhill from there like the manga sales.

gunbo13

Bakuman (ch168-171)

-Boring, somebody throw a pie or something.

Things that are funny about Bakuman:
  • Mashiro not realizing that a public audition abstains the director and staff from responsibility.
  • How much hate for people on the internet, you mad OHBA? They are not the general public after-all...
  • The idea that people IRL could be upset about Miho regarding a manga that is parodying that exact thing even when ficitional. Kannagi? Sad but true.

This is also the perfect image to summarize my reading experience with Bakuman.
9sHRF.png

Ch in 3 (audition, internet, vote)

Lain

Like the people picking Hilda over Aoi in Beel, the tits are blinding all the meat people.
You Sena lovers just don't understand the beauty of constant abuse.
The real winners though, are people that don't pick a side but embrace it all. Harem ends > all.

gunbo13

Like the people picking Hilda over Aoi in Beel, the tits are blinding all the meat people.
You Sena lovers just don't understand the beauty of constant abuse.
The real winners though, are people that don't pick a side but embrace it all. Harem ends > all.
Yozora isn't good abuse. She is just a lunatic. And both Hilda and Aoi suck compared to Yolda. Mean with personality, unlike baka Yozora.

Naruto in it's current form is the dumbest manga I've read in a while. Shit went downhill with a quickness. I liked it better when

1. Not everyone and their mom had a Sharingan
2. Ninjas had a few jutsus, and battles were actually worth reading (Neji/Kidomaru fight is a good example)
3. Chakra wasn't damn near infinite

Now it's Dragon Ball Z with furries and emo kids galore. Mofos firing off a million jutsu and not getting tired, way too many powerups and plot armor shit.

Ugh.

survivor

Banned
Naruto in it's current form is the dumbest manga I've read in a while. Shit went downhill with a quickness. I liked it better when

1. Not everyone and their mom had a Sharingan
2. Ninjas had a few jutsus, and battles were actually worth reading (Neji/Kidomaru fight is a good example)
3. Chakra wasn't damn near infinite

Now it's Dragon Ball Z with furries and emo kids galore. Mofos firing off a million jutsu and not getting tired, way too many powerups and plot armor shit.

Ugh.

The power level jump with the first Hokage and Madara bullshit was really bad. Now if you can't wipe out a village in 2 seconds then you are weak.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One thing about DTL is at least he's/she's not as aggravating/annoying as any of his/her would be pretenders.

Anyways, just catching up to the latest HUNTER X HUNTER. Togashi really is a masterclass troll with his hiatus when the story is like this, hahaha.

Big One

Banned
One thing about DTL is at least he's/she's not as aggravating/annoying as any of his/her would be pretenders.

Protip: Having a legitimate opinion is in no way annoying nor does it involve "pretend." When I go out of my way to explain in detail why Naruto is one of the worst manga ever made, responding it with "trolololol" is in no way a proper response and is more respectfully trolling on your side. If you can't contribute anything to this discussion, to put it short: Shut up. It's better not to say anything than to say something stupid.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Protip: Having a legitimate opinion is in no way annoying nor does it involve "pretend." When I go out of my way to explain in detail why Naruto is one of the worst manga ever made, responding it with "trolololol" is in no way a proper response and is more respectfully trolling on your side. If you can't contribute anything to this discussion, to put it short: Shut up. It's better not to say anything than to say something stupid.

I'm gonna break my previous promise of not responding to you anymore in the last thread just this once.

It's cute how you immediately assume that I'm talking about you even though I am not saying or naming anyone in my posts, hahaha. Really, really cute :) And seeing that I haven't said anything to you since I last made that promise, are you sure that it's me that responding your posts with a "trolololol"?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhq1njqnVO1qcsoik.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Well, I am not sure whether DTL is a he or a she. Has it ever been confirmed or something?

Anyways, started reading [B]IRIS ZERO[/B] due to the screenshot [B]gunbo13[/B] posted. Didn't expect to see something that is so... "sweet", on the first chapters. Hmmm.....

Big One

Banned
It's cute how you immediately assume that I'm talking about you even though I am not saying or naming anyone in my posts, hahaha. Really, really cute :) And seeing that I haven't said anything to you since I last made that promise, are you sure that it's me that responding your posts with a "trolololol"?
Of course I'm assuming you're referring to me. Only you would make such an idiotic statement as "DTL pretenders" in reference to my posts. I spend a lot of time and thought on my opinions, and I simply do not appreciate such idiotic comments being made about them. For example: If you don't like the fact that I have a reason to hate Naruto, then respond with an opposing opinion or suggesting why there might not be a reason to hate Naruto. Passively aggressively making comments such as "DTL pretenders" is in no way acceptable in any form or fashion and glorifies regressive forms of thought.

Dynedom

Welp, all caught up on Medaka Box now. I can kinda see why people would start to hate it.

Still:
Bring on the election results!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Of course I'm assuming you're referring to me. Only you would make such an idiotic statement as "DTL pretenders" in reference to my posts. I spend a lot of time and thought on my opinions, and I simply do not appreciate such idiotic comments being made about them. For example: If you don't like the fact that I have a reason to hate Naruto, then respond with an opposing opinion or suggesting why there might not be a reason to hate Naruto. Passively aggressively making comments such as "DTL pretenders" is in no way acceptable in any form or fashion and glorifies regressive forms of though.

Hahaha. Sure, sure, whatever you say, mate :) Damn, it's so funny though that you would automatically assume that I am talking about you. Anyways, feel free to think whatever you want to think, and I will also be free to think whatever I think. It's just the way of the world, eh? Hahaha. You can also put me on your ignore list you know, if you are that sensitive about my posts.

DTL is a he

Huh. I probably missed the confirmation somewhere.

I await your post of getting bored

At the very least it is not going to as bad as the adventure of Haruto and his troupe of stupid people in KNIM........ right?

PK Gaming

I'm gonna break my previous promise of not responding to you anymore in the last thread just this once.

Well, I am not sure whether DTL is a he or a she. Has it ever been confirmed or something?

Anyways, started reading IRIS ZERO due to the screenshot gunbo13 posted. Didn't expect to see something that is so... "sweet", on the first chapters. Hmmm.....

Well, i'm not mocking you bro, but DTL is clearly a dude. You can just "tell" from his posting style. Don't be fooled by his yaoi avatar, he's either a... unique individual or a troll.

survivor

Banned
At the very least it is not going to as bad as the adventure of Haruto and his troupe of stupid people in KNIM........ right?

It's not exactly rage worthy, it's just very meh later on. Plus now that I have to wait monthly for it, I just keep forgetting that I'm reading the series.

Big One

Banned
Hahaha. Sure, sure, whatever you say, mate :) Damn, it's so funny though that you would automatically assume that I am talking about you. Anyways, feel free to think whatever you want to think, and I will also be free to think whatever I think. It's just the way of the world, eh? Hahaha. You can also put me on your ignore list you know, if you are that sensitive about my posts.
If I was 12 years old, I'd use the ignore list. No thanks, but when I see stupid shit, I'm going to point it out. Even if you weren't referring to me, you were referring to others like Beam who have completely legitimate opinions and posts here. It's just disrespectful, shameful, and encourages regressive thought and discussion.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
^Okay okay, whatever you want to say. If I am being exceptionally disrespectful, shameful, and "encourages regressive thought and discussion" I am sure the mods that frequented this thread like Kagari can straighten me up. Feel free to contact them too, if you want to, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about it :)

O yea, beam, if you're reading this, I hope you are not as sensitive, alright?

By the way, where's Mysticwhip and Angry Grimace? Are they both permanently banned or something?

Well, i'm not mocking you bro, but DTL is clearly a dude. You can just "tell" from his posting style. Don't be fooled by his yaoi avatar, he's either a... unique individual or a troll.

Hahah yeah. Actually a lot of people seem to be divided in two different but equal groups regarding to the bolded above. But even if he's a troll he's a.... pleasant one, to say the least. Amusing, not annoying.

It's not exactly rage worthy, it's just very meh later on. Plus now that I have to wait monthly for it, I just keep forgetting that I'm reading the series.

Wait, it's a monthly series?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The former got banned from the funny pics thread and the latter got banned for posting a link to manga aggregate site. No idea if either are permanently banned but I'm sure it's not.

Can't believe Angry Grimace got banned for something so... newbish, like that. Well, guess he wasn't being careful enough.

Dresden

trolololol

Dresden

Of course I'm assuming you're referring to me. Only you would make such an idiotic statement as "DTL pretenders" in reference to my posts. I spend a lot of time and thought on my opinions, and I simply do not appreciate such idiotic comments being made about them. For example: If you don't like the fact that I have a reason to hate Naruto, then respond with an opposing opinion or suggesting why there might not be a reason to hate Naruto. Passively aggressively making comments such as "DTL pretenders" is in no way acceptable in any form or fashion and glorifies regressive forms of though.

trololololol

Dresden

If I was 12 years old, I'd use the ignore list. No thanks, but when I see stupid shit, I'm going to point it out. Even if you weren't referring to me, you were referring to others like Beam who have completely legitimate opinions and posts here. It's just disrespectful, shameful, and encourages regressive thought and discussion.

trololololol

I would have never guessed you would ever pick up Punpun.

If you want more weirder Asano shenanigans then read A Girl by the Sea.

Almost out of backlog, so I thought I might as well. I honestly have no idea what to think of it. I mean the absurdist humor might be too subtle at points for my tastes, but there are also points where it's great like the teacher going fuckin crazy or the vice principal just hiding in random places.

I'll stick with it for now at least.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Once L
dies
death note is kind of shit. Near is such a shitty character.

It's great just to see Light got crazy in the end.

Still can't believe anyone--in the real world, I mean--would actually believe in his principles/actions, though.

IRIS ZERO

Just four chapters in. For being such an "outcast" the main character gets so many girls hanging out around him it's sort of funny in an absurd kind of way, hahaha.

The real reason why he dropped it is much is too silly / embarrassing to speak of

:p

A bit off-topic, I am now playing the game in your avatar. Just rather torn on either making my MC a magic nuke or a tyson punch punch punch.

Too bad the only decent Shin Megami Tensei's mangas are for Persona and even those are so slooooow.

scy

Just four chapters in. For being such an "outcast" the main character gets so many girls hanging out around him it's sort of funny in an absurd kind of way, hahaha.

It's not so bad since it's at least not just "lol, suddenly girls!"

...well, alright, the first one is. Besides,
it's not like he gets a harem or anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom