• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Magi

Oh... oh. Oh. I see. I understand.

Yes. That's very true.

edit:

PVs86.png

hell why not put a fucking el oh el winky face in the fucking thing

edit 2:

dammit stop it already forreal

PK Gaming

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer 29

So I managed to read through the mouse dude / cricket girls backstory and the twins / swordfish dudes backstory. Why is the cricket girl so insanely fucked up? I can understand if she wants to Light yagami on this world, but geez just ONE guy (a petty thief at that)Why is the the cricket such a raving douche? I feel bad for the mouse dude, I hope he survives that "karma" curse or w/e.

The twins / swordfish guy's backstory was delightful. The author really knows how to jam pack a ton of information into 1 chapter. I enjoyed how he handled omnipotence too (99% of the time, omnipotent characters are boring as fuck, but the old man was pretty refreshing.

You guys were right, this story picks up big time.

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

So I managed to read through the mouse dude / cricket girls backstory and the twins / swordfish dudes backstory. Why is the cricket girl so insanely fucked up? I can understand if she wants to Light yagami on this world, but geez just ONE guy (a petty thief at that)Why is the the cricket such a raving douche? I feel bad for the mouse dude, I hope he survives that "karma" curse or w/e.

The twins / swordfish guy's backstory was delightful. The author really knows how to jam pack a ton of information into 1 chapter. I enjoyed how he handled omnipotence too (99% of the time, omnipotent characters are boring as fuck, but the old man was pretty refreshing.

Hmmmm....

Your update should be interesting.

survivor

Banned

Write the chapter number you are on so I can know where you are at

A lot of people here read Nana to Kaoru...not surprising but interesting.
Should I be reading it?

Lain

Cloth Road vol 8
4a47d181366c6e09fa88d27c20771218952e26bf.png

I knew it. With Juliette out, that could only spell
the end of June May (still, I didn't expect to have her saved like that, and Fergus did the right thing by keeping her memories!)
but damn if that fight wasn't awesome.
And talking about awesome, Kapisul! :°( Can't believe how
even split in half, he STILL managed to kick that monster's ass and die with his arm kept high. Such an iron will.

This series is awesome, why is it stuck on volume 3 for the scanlations? Someone has to pick it back up and finish it!

I agree with this but I highly doubt that was the intent. Even the characters in Death Note questioned if Kira was good/needed or not. That shows that the authors intended for readers to interpret it on their own, even if they publicly deny it, I think the intent was there.

Naw it was abundantly clear that Kira was evil.

Big One

Banned
Naw it was abundantly clear that Kira was evil.
To us, but the manga itself suggests that it's up in the air, and I do remember that author of the series mentioning it was up in the air and they intended for people to side with two different viewpoints once I think about it.

gunbo13

Should I be reading it?
Well, you read Aunt Tits so Nana to Kaoru shouldn't be too surprising. But I would say it is a pretty heavy manga but I don't want to ruin the surprise...nor should anyone in the thread. I'll honestly say though that it has some of the best storytelling surrounding such content. A lot of the themes are real except for the obvious MC popularity. The biggest BS about Nano to Kaoru is what the guys have been discussing, the release of Arashi. Really took a lot of mystery out of the main series.

So yea, I think it is worth a try. I wouldn't even consider it a trashy manga like the rest.

survivor

Banned
Well, you read Aunt Tits so Nana to Kaoru shouldn't be too surprising. But I would say it is a pretty heavy manga but I don't want to ruin the surprise...nor should anyone in the thread. I'll honestly say though that it has some of the best storytelling surrounding such content. A lot of the themes are real except for the obvious MC popularity. The biggest BS about Nano to Kaoru is what the guys have been discussing, the release of Arashi. Really took a lot of mystery out of the main series.

So yea, I think it is worth a try. I wouldn't even consider it a trashy manga like the rest.

The MU tags are very intriguing. I will probably skim it sometime this week.

To us, but the manga itself suggests that it's up in the air, and I do remember that author of the series mentioning it was up in the air and they intended for people to side with two different viewpoints once I think about it.

Really? I remember them saying they couldn't imagine anyone siding with Kira or something. Obviously the intent differed from the realitiy.

Big One is definitely right about the manga. They at last hinted at Kira having supporters. Also how the fuck could the writers say they couldn't imagine anyone siding with Kira when they wrote Mikami...

Lain

Ohba hersel/himself said that Kira is pure evil (L is a bad guy too), though that that doesn't matter.
I can't find anything about them not being able to imagine people siding with Light in volume 13 though.

scy

I was really, really, really hoping that Arashi meant the original story was ending and it was just another transition to a different serialization.

I think I've said this before
and every other time Nana to Kaoru gets brought up

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

He was dating Jar-Jar Binks. I don't know how that could be construed as anything but evil.

Apath

I always thought Light was meant to be perceived as psychotic and delusional. So really, whether or not his initial decision to cleanse the world of bastards was good or evil to the viewer is kind of irrelevant, when the character himself was meant to be crazy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm really sorry.

Well... now that I have read it more, at the very least, Iris Zero is... how should I say this... "inoffensive"?

If it is better, does that really put you at ease?

Well at the very least I know I am not reading bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. Shit, the barrel itself would be ashamed having the name KNIM attached to it.

Who is divided on whether DTL is a troll?

People seemed to argue on previous threads that he could be just a very, very passionate person. Not my opinion, but some apparently held that kind of opinion about him.

What if you were 13?

Bwahahaha.

God no...

Why not? >:)

MAGI

Huh....

PK Gaming

Lucifer and the pussycats 38

Urgh, Tarou's death was sad and meaningful, but the circumstances behind his death aggravated me. Why is Hanako so fucked up? I mean did she really have to waste on killing SOME RANDOM DUDE with absolutely no connection to her? Again, going all Light yagami is cool, but killing a random thief, getting cursed and having your love interest sacrifice himself because of your fucked up wish is just... dumb. ALTHOUGH, the following fight between Amamiya and Hakudou will be badass.

PS: That grasshopper is a grade A bastard.

EDIT: OH HELL NO. I know fights are short in this series but.........

Katekyo Hitman Reborn 377

I really hope Chrome gets to fight or something. I hate seeing her on the hospital. I dont even understand why shes there, Mukuro seems to still be as healthy as ever.

Goodnight Punpun vol 5

I do wonder what other people see Punpun and his family as. I mean they are very clearly human but are just being drawn as birds. I'm sure there's some significance to that beyond just being bizarre.

I need a battle / action shounen that's not

Deadman Wonderland
Air Gear
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto (lame as fuck)
Jormund (pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but regardless fucking love this manga)
Soul Eater
Beelzebub
Till Death Does Us Part
Breaker: New Waves
Medoka Box
AIKI
Gamaran

Suggestions?

Deadman Wonderland
Air Gear
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto (lame as fuck)
Jormund (pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but regardless fucking love this manga)
Soul Eater
Beelzebub
Till Death Does Us Part
Medoka Box
AIKI
Gamaran

Suggestions?

Fairy Tail
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Might as well throw in Toriko too.

survivor

Banned

Deadman Wonderland
Air Gear
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto (lame as fuck)
Soul Eater
Beelzebub
Till Death Does Us Part
Medoka Box
AIKI
Gamaran

Suggestions?
Shingeki no Kyojin
Blue Exorcist

Deadman Wonderland
Air Gear
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto (lame as fuck)
Soul Eater
Beelzebub
Till Death Does Us Part
Medoka Box
AIKI
Gamaran

Suggestions?

Ratman
Kongou Banchou

Solune

Deadman Wonderland
Air Gear
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto (lame as fuck)
Soul Eater
Beelzebub
Till Death Does Us Part
Medoka Box
AIKI
Gamaran

Suggestions?

I would recommend:

Alive: The Final Evolution
Claymore