• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzawa

So what you're saying is... it's not her time to Shine?

kill the b!tch.
Boring character. We know very little about her (filler anime does not add depth to the characters) so I wouldn't be surprised if she got killed off just for shock value.

Mael

kill the b!tch.
Boring character. We know very little about her (filler anime does not add depth to the characters) so I wouldn't be surprised if she got killed off just for shock value.

Problem is nobody cares that much about her anyway, even people on her team don't care all that much.
Killing anyone else would be far more effective.

Wiseblade

WTF is with you shounen heads and this anger?

Don't lump us all together, Or I'll start making disparaging remarks about you shojo/smut folk.

And self censorship is dumb. If you're going to swear, then swear! Don't cop out by switching one letter. It just makes you look like an angry 13 year old afraid his mother will see the naughty words he writes on the internet.

gunbo13

Don't lump us all together, Or I'll start making disparaging remarks about you shojo/smut folk.
You aint included. I'm talking about angry shounen fans, you know the ones.
How is this even allowed?
What is it with shoujo heads and bad taste?
They go hand in hand.

And how am I a shoujo/smut head? I'm currently reading 46 shounen manga against 2 smut and 10 shoujo. Bunch of myopic angry shounen-heads you all are.

It's supposed to annoy you. As is Punpun changing his shapes. It makes you uncomfortable on purpose me thinks. It builds huge tension though when you get a view of Punpun's real look or his reversion back to his little twiggy self. The caricature of Punpun and his family are meant to be a templates. Readers who really like to identify with characters though will be throw off.

Well then it worked :p

I get it though but its just jarring imo; plus they are interacting with other people in the Isano's trademark artstyle which makes it even weirder.

You used to be cool

Interesting to know i was seen as cool here once :D

Seriously though there were other factors that stopped me from reading it as well (being busy, waiting for mangas to be complete before reading, etc) but that one was specific to the manga itself.

Slayven

Don't know why but I'm in the mood to read all sorts of manga.

KUROSAGI

onNEY.jpg

A manga about swindlers swindling swindlers... seems interesting.

The live action series was awesome.

gunbo13

I get it though but its just jarring imo; plus they are interacting with other people in the Isano's trademark artstyle which makes it even weirder.
I understand what you mean and it felt that way at first when reading. But no explanation can overcome something that is significantly annoying.
Interesting to know i was seen as cool here once :D
I wouldn't put much weight into this. Anybody who reads A Girl By The Sea is "cool" by suvivor's standards.

Lain

Love Junkies vol 1-8 (chapter 63)
d41653a311b9920e88084175230a6fa588113794.png

It's not too bad, if one just goes with the flow without over-thinking the believability of certain elements and situations.
It's weird, I should feel pissed at the Eitaro for betraying Emu, yet I can't feel pissed at him too much, because he always just ends... being there. He doesn't want to, he tries to resist, but these chicks just throw themselves at him and when that happens, he's usually either intoxicated or in a dream-like state, so I can half forgive him. But if he were to willingly, from the get go, betray Emu, I'd really be pissed at him.

survivor

Banned
So glad I never cared that much about the franchise after playing the second game

I understand what you mean and it felt that way at first when reading. But no explanation can overcome something that is significantly annoying.

I wouldn't put much weight into this. Anybody who reads A Girl By The Sea is "cool" by suvivor's standards.
He never read that either :(

How the mighty have fallen

Love Junkies vol 1-8 (chapter 63)
http://i.picpar.com/94c84aa4230cd45283388f75537a7bb53435df2d.png[img]

It's not too bad, if one just goes with the flow without over-thinking the believability of certain elements and situations.
It's weird, I should feel pissed at the Eitaro for betraying Emu, yet I can't feel pissed at him too much, because he always just ends... being there. He doesn't want to, he tries to resist, but these chicks just throw themselves at him and when that happens, he's usually either intoxicated or in a dream-like state, so I can half forgive him. But if he were to willingly, from the get go, betray Emu, I'd really be pissed at him.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I was thinking of the wrong Love Junkies

PK Gaming

Stat Flow i'm 3/4rd's in and i'm actually looking forward to that ending. Something that's so bad it needs to be re-written, this I gotta see.

A fanfiction manga is better than the original. Deal with it

You used to be cool

I know you need to fill your daily quota of "cool & hip" bro, but come on, you did not just say that with a straight face.

Chapter 10 is pretty good. Jet Lee XD

It was good, not as godawful as chapter 9, but I enjoyed it. Its still more the same thing really. Rock Lee finds X person, looks like an dooffor 70% of chapter, TenTen narrates and says "That's not X" Rock lee then overcomes some kind of trial, or issue; end chapter.

I'm willing to bet 100$ cash that survivor will parody this post.

PK Gaming

Yikes! You should toss out all your one-liners. After all, they're some of the most cliched comebacks i've ever seen. Come on son, I remember you obliterating me with some pretty sick-nasty comebacks.

As for Naruto's mediocrity... debatable. Naruto at its worst is usually on par with spring time of youth. Everybody because its the hip new thing / because its Rock leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I wish Rock Lee got a real fight :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh God PKG I feel for you breh. I need to see your reaction to the ending.

Oh, and lol. No one besides shikamaru naruto and sauce has gotten a full fight in part 2. Nuff said.

Steroyd

Oh man I just had a taste of Kimi no Iru Machi via the anime OVA, and I've just got to say, I appreciate you guys for reading it week in week out.

You have my deepest respect, and condolences.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Choji
Darui
Kakashi
Jiraiya
Guy
Mifune
Gaara
Sakura and Chiyo
etc...
Oh, I forgot about Jiraiya. That's foul play on my part, RIP to the Real5thHokage!

The rest? Either lame battles or came in the war (where it was too late) or were people I didn't care about. Kakashi doesn't deserve a spot on any list considering how terribly kishimoto has treated his character since Part 2 began. He was one of my favorites too.

Rock Lee, TenTen, Neji v their clones doesnt count as a full fight?
Never change, DTL.

Desmond

Rock Lee, TenTen, Neji v their clones doesnt count as a full fight?

Filler/Off paneled in the manga

Oh, I forgot about Jiraiya. That's foul play on my part, RIP to the Real5thHokage!

The rest? Either lame battles or came in the war (where it was too late) or were people I didn't care about. Kakashi doesn't deserve a spot on any list considering how terribly kishimoto has treated his character since Part 2 began. He was one of my favorites too.

A fight's a fight brah.

Wiseblade

Well, Naruto does suck, so I don't see the problem here.

Suck is such a strong word...

I don't think Naruto is bad, just disappointing. I feel like things could have been a lot better if a couple plot points were changed and a few others were executed better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom