• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

I didn't even realize there was a new Medaka Box chapter

shit I'm getting outta the loop.

All I could think was "man I wonder what they're gonna do for the next arc loool"

gunbo13

Having an omnipotent god in love with you would probably be both super awesome and super scary.
Maga Tsuki says I got that covered and then some.
MU is decent, but I'm infected with MAL.
They serve different purposes. MU is the anidb of manga and by far the best resource for tracking. But if you use MU, it is a pain in the ass to have to mirror with MAL.
I like MAL better. It lets me keep track of both anime and manga on one account.
I already knew your manga-foo was weak with your RSS use. Manga = MU, anime = anidb. Accept no compromises for quality.

Thud

Naruto a 4 and Honey & Clover a 9? what even?

How was the area no kishi manga?

A 4 is generous. I really wanna see the ending ever since the time skip...

Plot no jutsu is ineffective and rom stuff keeps me going.

Area no Kishi is a football drama actually, as a manga it works out fine. But I haven't got the chance to catch up. I have a terrible backlog and irregular series on the list also.

Anidb makes me puke, not in the good way.

gunbo13

But I'm a stats whore and MU doesn't have cool bars to show how much time I wasted on manga/anime
MAL is good for that plus info. I visit MAL a lot for character bios especially. But MU has a far more intuitive and accurate search system on keywords as well as genre/tags. Not to mention its amazing tracking which only annoys me when omake and interim/special chapters don't pick up as updates.

MU is a way better site overall but MAL has its purpose. MAL only users are plebs though.

survivor

Banned
I expect no less than 200 days each.
My power level is too low :(
5xh3H.png

MAL is good for that plus info. I visit MAL a lot for character bios especially. But MU has a far more intuitive and accurate search system on keywords as well as genre/tags. Not to mention its amazing tracking which only annoys me when omake and interim/special chapters don't pick up as updates.

MU is a way better site overall but MAL has its purpose. MAL only users are plebs though.
I still use MU as a manga database to look up new manga, authors and stuff. It's actually better than MAL when it comes to oneshots since it gives them a separate page instead of MAL which likes for some reason to group them sometimes.

Both MU and MAL seem way too excessive for my purposes and I already check about 10 times a day if new chapters of my series are out. I think I'll keep using my spreadsheets.

Both MU and MAL seem way too excessive for my purposes and I already check about 10 times a day if new chapters of my series are out. I think I'll keep using my spreadsheets.

I like the mal for community stuff and just stat stuff. MU is good for searching stuff using random tags, like arrogant male lead, etc.

I use the same method I use for finding fanfics, checking each mangos new chapters once a month, most stuff is monthly for me so I cant imagine checking daily.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 2 - vol 1

iImND.png

If Kaiji started working as a prostitute, would you hire him? He is very moe, I think he will be good at it.

My memory of the second season isn't that well, but I think the anime covered this entire volume in 2 episodes. I can't wait until we get to the Bog arc, I'm ready for Fukumoto pacing

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

PK Gaming

My power level is too low :(
5xh3H.png

I still use MU as a manga database to look up new manga, authors and stuff. It's actually better than MAL when it comes to oneshots since it gives them a separate page instead of MAL which likes for some reason to group them sometimes.

Would you be happy if everyone in this thread had at least triple the amount of mangas read / completed as you?

Raqiya vol 1

A Dogma story with Boichi's awesome art? Yes please. Pretty good stuff, though some of the characters actions are a little weird.

Really gotta commend Boichi for knowing that American high schools do not have uniforms and Catholic Priests do not sex. A lot of manga/anime gets that wrong.

scy

You just witnessed the process of someone being added to Zenkichi's harem

I got half that and half just showing her remembering the time she spent training him.

So basically harem get. Medaka, Emukae, Shiranui, Naze, Torai, Anshin'in, probably the first suitor at least, etc...

no, but seriously where is vagabond, the chapter came out on the 28th of june man what the fuck.

edit: readm well viewed the raw and the art was shiiiit this chapter but it looks like Takezo has some sort of revelation about Kojiro or wants to fight him or something.

Kusagari

Just did a quick check and unless I missed something, Nisekoi is by far the best selling new manga for Jump since 2010.

That's not exactly saying much considering what else has debuted in Jump in that timespan :p.

I just expected it to be over 100k considering the success it seems to be having.

Takamagahara 2
tumblr_m7129her3f1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I liked the action page spread, but well, the chapter only took off for me in the final two pages. Doing stuff to protect friends is nice, but the ride towards it felt pretty standard to substandard at times.

In looking at this more, it feels like there is just something missing, some aspect that isnt present in the art and feel of the story, I just cant put my finger on it...

I'm about to finish Solanin. Didn't get a single hour of sleep and it's 6.30 AM here. Gonna go for a jog and take a cold shower.

Fuck you survivor. Why me sad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hell, if you're a B&N Manga section regular you would've seen on the shelves a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom