• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

3) My sister reads it, so we follow it together, it's kind of funny mocking it at this point
This is me and Bleach exactly. Holy fuck. :lol
That's pretty much my relationship with Naruto and Bleach.
Damn, a lot of people read manga with Stat Flow's sister...

I kid. ;)
What's happening?
He wanted to know the end date on manga bet #3. I told him I set it for about end of first week next month.
Stop stealing DTL's shtick
I thought stealing DTL's shtick was Stat Flow's shtick?

I understand what you mean and it felt that way at first when reading. But no explanation can overcome something that is significantly annoying.

i wont let it stop me and i'll check it out again someday.

He never read that either :(

How the mighty have fallen

:(

I read it because...:

1) Duty. I poured years of my life into following this shit. I'm not gonna just throw that shit away now. Naruto was the first anime/manga of the big 3 that I followed and really got me into the whole animu thing.

2) It's a part of Big 3 wednesdays. Sure, I could drop Naruto, but then part of my wednesday would feel empty

3) My sister reads it, so we follow it together, it's kind of funny mocking it at this point

4) It's close to the end

Fixed, but I'm sure even gunbo could've done that.

Aside from the sister bit its the same for me.

Aiight, I'll say it here so everyone knows.

I don't like the sauce. His character is probably the main catalyst for why Part 2 is shit. Kishimoto decided to focus on him. Screentime spent on him could've been spent developing everyone else I cared about. The Sauce is the reason that the protagonist has gone from a spunky hero to a straight up pussy-bitch. The Sauce and Kishimoto's obsession with him is the reason that this manga has become about the Sharingan and everyone who is important is an Uchiha.

I don't dislike the Sauce because of how his character is, like most people do. He has reasons to be crazy. The stupid things he does make sense in the context of how Kishimoto developed his character. His actions are not to be rational, as he hasn't been a rational character for quite a long time. What I dislike is how his importance in the manga has depreciated the world around him.

What I like about the Sauce is the nonsensical yet purely entertaining badass and stupid shit he does. In a world that no longer matters, he brings entertainment. I mean, who the fuck else in Naruto would go to a KAGE SUMMIT and just wreak havoc JUST BECAUSE. He had a reason to go there, but why did he just start fucking shit up?

Because he's a boss.

And yes, his character no longer has a purpose. But there's nobody else that's a boss. There could've been Kakashi, but we saw how HIS fight with sasuke went. "One arrow? I HAVE NO MORE CHAKRA!"

Could've been Shikamaru, but Kishimoto decided to relegate him to Tenten status. Did you read that? Shikamaru has had close to as much screentime after his character arc as Tenten.

Could've been Jiraiya, he died.

Could've been Naruto, but he's a bitch.

Could've been Lee...could've been Neji...could've been Gaara...COULD'VE BEEN ANYONE. WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS MANGA A FUCKING SAP LOSER BITCH? WHY DO I HAVE TO RELY ON A CHARACTER THAT HAS NO PURPOSE IN THIS MANGA FOR MY BADASS QUOTA?

I've said before that looking forward to the Sauce is a sure sign of this manga going to crap but right now he's the only point of entertainment left due to how fucking broken he is :(

I'm thinking of a new avatar, is this good: http://i.imgur.com/Lm6gZ.jpg

?

lol

Wiseblade

Listen to yourself breh. The dude just bust out of a giant turtle that he was trapped in while more manly men were at war. He didn't even know what the hell was going on...he was probably thinking about Sasuke. I'm sure he hyperventilated a few times.

Massive powerup doesn't equate to boss status. It's your attitude AFTER you get the powerups (See: Long-Haired Ichigo and his responses to everything Aizen had to say/Luffy in every fight) that makes you a badass.

I totally agree about Far better characters than Sasuke being ignored for more Sharingan hax, but I don't think there's anything badass about Sasuke's actions. he just lashes out at whatever's in front of him, like a spoiled toddler except this one has a list of broken eye powers as long as my arm.

Naruto has no standout cool characters, and that's a shame.

Desmond

I totally agree about Far better characters than Sasuke being ignored for more Sharingan hax, but I don't think there's anything badass about Sasuke's actions. he just lashes out at whatever's in front of him, like a spoiled toddler except this one has a list of broken eye powers as long as my arm.

Naruto has no standout cool characters, and that's a shame.

minato_taking_on_the_masked_man_by_biisuke-d4pdwg4.gif

ShinNL

I was thinking about this. If Naruto can throw his wind infused rasengan, can't he throw his regular rasengan as well then? If so, can't he just spam clones, make a ton of tiny simple rasengans and throw them all? You know... Dragon Ball Z fireball spam (which is like, never effective, but looks cool).

Desmond

I was thinking about this. If Naruto can throw his wind infused rasengan, can't he throw his regular rasengan as well then? If so, can't he just spam clones, make a ton of tiny simple rasengans and throw them all? You know... Dragon Ball Z fireball spam (which is like, never effective, but looks cool).

Don't give him any ideas. :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nonsense.

BIGGER FLASHIER RASENGANS.

Wiseblade

Sage Naruto wasn't cool?

I can go all night fellas

Yeah, it was. For all of the five minutes it lasted. And that's not mentioning all the patheticness he went through to get to that point. I think Naruto has recently had a few good moments, but it doesn't come close to repairing the damage done to his reputation by the hyperventilation.

In other words: Naruto has done a lot of badass things, but he is not a badass.

survivor

Banned
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

There was no hentai. I have been lied to

This was a funny part along the dog bark thing
HZfeJ.jpg

BTW, I didn't really read anything in it so I have no idea what the story is about. I just know there was this girl pretending to be rich or something. And then she went all emo later on.

Oh and the piggyback ride part was funny

Verelios

Why does this make so much sense? Unless of course you would need...but then theres no...why is this not possible? You'd just need to tweak it a little with wind element. The fuck Kishi? I completely went right over that fact.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm one hundred percent sure my shikai is bigger than any bankai up in here.

And don't even let me pull out my quincy arrow.

survivor

Banned
Silver Spoon

That page about the squirrels was funny. Just loved how random it was

The talk at the end with the principal was pretty good. The running bit and negative experiences hit the nail on the head.

Pein

Banned
kakashi is the man. Its kinda sad he's so far behind saus and narutu in the power rankings, but i love the character.

thanks to kamui he's still top ranked, kishi just nerfs him so he doesn't use it like he should.

Sage Naruto is about as cool as when Edward helped Bella give birth in the final book of Twilight Saga.
I think sage naruto is pretty cool, when he showed up to fight pain that was awesome.

Azure J

We Don't Have Many Friends +

Wait, so this is a "Blue Version" situation to the original's "Red Version" where Sena is the main focus? *Reads the first chapter*

I think the Sena Vs. Yozora debate has been definitively settled. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom