• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

But there's the thing! It's disappointing because it's bad. More importantly, it used to be so good and all of a sudden it became bad.

People say that about anything The Immortals Arc was great, shame it didn't last as long as Kishi wanted. I enjoyed Pain's invasion and the Sai/Sasuke Arc. Itachi Arc and Kage arc were poop. Goddamn Sasuke. War is good, just rushed.

Well anyway......that's .... like your opinion man.

Wiseblade

But there's the thing! It's disappointing because it's bad. More importantly, it used to be so good and all of a sudden it became bad.

I don't think it's that bad, but it could have easily been better. It just feels like the past few years have thrown away everything that was set up in Part 1.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Stop reading Naruto if you dont like it

People have been complaining about how it sucks since the Sound 4/5 arc
I read it because...:

1) Duty. I poured years of my life into following this shit. I'm not gonna just throw that shit away now. Naruto was the first anime/manga of the big 3 that I followed and really got me into the whole animu thing.

2) It's a part of Big 3 wednesdays. Sure, I could drop Naruto, but then part of my wednesday would feel empty

3) My sister reads it, so we follow it together, it's kind of funny mocking it at this point

4) It's close to the end
Youll miss the years of undying love between the two main characters of the series.
Fixed, but I'm sure even gunbo could've done that.

Wiseblade

I read it because...:

1) Duty. I poured years of my life into following this shit. I'm not gonna just throw that shit away now. Naruto was the first anime/manga of the big 3 that I followed and really got me into the whole animu thing.

2) It's a part of Big 3 wednesdays. Sure, I could drop Naruto, but then part of my wednesday would feel empty

3) It's close to the end

Pretty much sums it up for most people. And I still find it enjoyable enough to spend 5 minutes a week reading the chapter. And once in a blue moon, they're good!

PK Gaming

I read it because...:

3) My sister reads it, so we follow it together, it's kind of funny mocking it at this point

4) It's close to the end

Holy shit.

I gonna save this post for future use / use it in other forums. So fucking relevant hahaha.

gunbo13

Youll miss the years of underlying tension between the two main characters of the series.
So...yes?
Stop reading Naruto if you dont like it
Telling mangaf to stop reading a manga you don't like it is like telling the clouds to stop fucking raining already.
We read shoujo, this stuff is second nature to us.
Bad writing and constant underlying tension that revitalizes itself through series of ridiculous plot-turns. Good stuff.
When is the deadline for our Manga bet again? I have several assignments to do and my MPC1000 just arrived this afternoon...
Around end of first week next month. Don't worry, I'll be pushing the end of it since I'm preparing an OT with a colossal amount of information.

Aw hell naw. You make beats???

My brother did some stuff on an SP-404 and I tried my hand on it but didn't do so well because of the interface. Most of the beats I did were left as WIP, sadly. We ordered an MPC1000 last week because we found it cheap and as soon as I get the new cables I'll try to flip some samples I found over the last few months.

You have any experience in beat-making?

Around end of first week next month. Don't worry, I'll be pushing the end of it since I'm preparing an OT with a colossal amount of information.

Good. I just can't find the time to read Until Death Do Us Part. *sigh*

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
My brother did some stuff on an SP-404 and I tried my hand on it but didn't do so well because of the interface. Most of the beats I did were left as WIP, sadly. We ordered an MPC1000 last week because we found it cheap and as soon as I get the new cables I'll try to flip some samples I found over the last few months.

You have any experience in beat-making?
Damn, that's sick...but nah. I don't (but plan to in the future)...My cousin and I rap so anyone who makes beats always catches our attention.

Damn, that's sick...but nah. I don't (but plan to in the future)...My cousin and I rap so anyone who makes beats always catches our attention.

Nice. I don't really have anything useful for rapping yet but take a look at my friend's SoundCloud. Some dope stuff there.

I'm saving up money for a decent mic for a small EP with my brother that we're planning to release this fall but I still want to produce some tracks myself. His beats are rather soulful and calm while I like my shit grimey.

Azure J

I read it because...:

4) It's close to the end

This is me and Bleach exactly. Holy fuck. :lol

I dont understand why people just dont drop it before it becomes a thing of duty and respect. Arent there warning sirens that go off indicating that its not going in a pleasing direction anymore? Then again I mostly just drop stuff at chp 1
TWGOK
or by chp 3 at the latest
Silver Spoon

Aizen's bondage was a good place to drop, really.

Kusagari

I'd be lying if I say I don't get enjoyment out of Bleach and Naruto, but they stopped being what I would consider 'good' a long time ago.

I'm just sticking along for the crazy ride now.

Desmond

I dont understand why people just dont drop it before it becomes a thing of duty and respect. Arent there warning sirens that go off indicating that its not going in a pleasing direction anymore? Then again I mostly just drop stuff at chp 1
TWGOK
or by chp 3 at the latest []Silver Spoon[/].

Aizen's bondage was a good place to drop, really.

C'mon son. It's good

survivor

Banned
Yikes! You should toss out all your one-liners. After all, they're some of the most cliched comebacks i've ever seen. Come on son, I remember you obliterating me with some pretty sick-nasty comebacks.

As for Naruto's mediocrity... debatable. Naruto at its worst is usually on par with spring time of youth. Everybody because its the hip new thing / because its Rock leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I wish Rock Lee got a real fight :(

What else do you want me to say beside one liners? At this point I have already told you over and over again why Naruto is mediocre at best.

So what do you want me to talk about? Arcs that conclude with an event that negates everything that happened in it? Villains that aren't compelling and act like gods? Fights with zero tension against zombies? Or zombies coming back when they have no more purpose to the story? Or how about we talk about the dumb DBZ level of power ups? Or do you want me to talk about the "story" that is a joke at this point?

And Rock Lee is better for a different reason. It's a comedy manga about the absurd adventures of Rock Lee and the gang. And it does that perfectly.

Naruto is supposed to be a battle manga but for some reason it can't pull it off.

What's happening?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
DAMNNNNNN survivor. Shots fired. Spitting that HOT ETHER at dem Narutards.

Oh, and Bleach is still good. So everyone shut the fuck up (my eyes are on you, Big One). Fullbring was just awful, but Bleach has got me more interested right now than other shit.

Nice. I don't really have anything useful for rapping yet but take a look at my friend's SoundCloud. Some dope stuff there.
Small fucking world man. I actually have his Seasons EP on my iPod and was spinning it heavy not too long ago.

Your friend is very talented. I love that kind of music. That Lonely Winds track? Nothing but dopeness. Do you know if he is actively making beats for rappers or anything? Or is he just doing his own thing?

PK Gaming

Yes :)

I appreciate it when you guys hate it on Naruto with some cold hard facts. Though for me, Naruto would have been perfect if it ended during the Pein arc, (no revive-no-jutsu)

Desmond

What else do you want me to say beside one liners? At this point I have already told you over and over again why Naruto is mediocre at best.

So what do you want me to talk about? Arcs that conclude with an event that negates everything that happened in it? Villains that aren't compelling and act like gods? Fights with zero tension against zombies? Or zombies coming back when they have no more purpose to the story? Or how about we talk about the dumb DBZ level of power ups? Or do you want me to talk about the "story" that is a joke at this point?

I assume you're referring to Pain's Invasion. Resurrecting people negated nothing. If he resurrected J-Man you'd have had a point.

Zombies: people wanted fights for other characters, when they get 'em they moan. Inb4 ''hurr Darui and Choji don't count. Meesa want Rock Lee fight.Rock Lee had plenty of action in Part I''

Story: people seem to forget this is aimed at 12-18 year old boys. It ain't something written by Leo Tolstoy.
DAMNNNNNN survivor. Shots fired. Spitting that HOT ETHER at dem Narutards.

Oh, and Bleach is still good. So everyone shut the fuck up (my eyes are on you, Big One). Fullbring was just awful, but Bleach has got me more interested right now than other shit.

Is Bleach on a break this week too? How's K-Dawg?

survivor

Banned
I assume you're referring to Pain's Invasion. Resurrecting people negated nothing. If he resurrected jMAN you'd have had a point.
And it was all a dream

You either kill off everyone and wreck the village and have the balls to keep it or don't bother. Mass revival no jutsu is lazy and dumb

And for sage dude, I already told PK Gaming long time ago, the moment he gets revived, I'm quitting the manga.

Zombies: people wanted fights for other characters, when they get 'em they moan. Inb4 ''hurr Darui and Choji don't count. Meesa want Rock Lee fight.Rock Lee had plenty of action in Part I''
Fights featuring nobodies and fights recycling characters are terrible. I still laugh at how this zombie war is supposed to be taken seriously

Story: people seem to forget this is aimed at 12-18 year old boys. It ain't something written by Leo Tolstoy.
So? Countless stories written for 12-18 years boys end up being good. That's not an excuse.

Desmond

STOP REPLYING TO HIM

¡vale!

And it was all a dream

You either kill off everyone and wreck the village and have the balls to keep it or don't bother. Mass revival no jutsu is lazy and dumb

And for sage dude, I already told PK Gaming long time ago, the moment he gets revived, I'm quitting the manga.

Fights featuring nobodies and fights recycling characters are terrible. I still laugh at how this zombie war is supposed to be taken seriously

So? Countless stories written for 12-18 years boys end up being good. That's not an excuse.

Get Ready.

Also, my boy Darui ain't no nobody

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I thought you liked The Sauce?
Aiight, I'll say it here so everyone knows.

I don't like the sauce. His character is probably the main catalyst for why Part 2 is shit. Kishimoto decided to focus on him. Screentime spent on him could've been spent developing everyone else I cared about. The Sauce is the reason that the protagonist has gone from a spunky hero to a straight up pussy-bitch. The Sauce and Kishimoto's obsession with him is the reason that this manga has become about the Sharingan and everyone who is important is an Uchiha.

I don't dislike the Sauce because of how his character is, like most people do. He has reasons to be crazy. The stupid things he does make sense in the context of how Kishimoto developed his character. His actions are not to be rational, as he hasn't been a rational character for quite a long time. What I dislike is how his importance in the manga has depreciated the world around him.

What I like about the Sauce is the nonsensical yet purely entertaining badass and stupid shit he does. In a world that no longer matters, he brings entertainment. I mean, who the fuck else in Naruto would go to a KAGE SUMMIT and just wreak havoc JUST BECAUSE. He had a reason to go there, but why did he just start fucking shit up?

Because he's a boss.

And yes, his character no longer has a purpose. But there's nobody else that's a boss. There could've been Kakashi, but we saw how HIS fight with sasuke went. "One arrow? I HAVE NO MORE CHAKRA!"

Could've been Shikamaru, but Kishimoto decided to relegate him to Tenten status. Did you read that? Shikamaru has had close to as much screentime after his character arc as Tenten.

Could've been Jiraiya, he died.

Could've been Naruto, but he's a bitch.

Could've been Lee...could've been Neji...could've been Gaara...COULD'VE BEEN ANYONE. WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS MANGA A FUCKING SAP LOSER BITCH? WHY DO I HAVE TO RELY ON A CHARACTER THAT HAS NO PURPOSE IN THIS MANGA FOR MY BADASS QUOTA?

Can't hate on this. This would have been a great ending to the series.

Makes it seem like it and Bleach have possibly passed worthy places to end the series. Though after having such long investment would anyone really be glad its over? Theres no other manga of similar values and compelling world to take its place in Shonen Jack.

Desmond

Could've been Lee...could've been Neji...could've been Gaara...COULD'VE BEEN ANYONE. WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS MANGA A FUCKING SAP LOSER BITCH? WHY DO I HAVE TO RELY ON A CHARACTER THAT HAS NO PURPOSE IN THIS MANGA FOR MY BADASS QUOTA?

Naruto has been wrecking shit since he busted out of that giant turtle.

Makes it seem like it and Bleach have possibly passed worthy places to end the series. Though after having such long investment would anyone really be glad its over? Theres no other manga of similar values and compelling world to take its place in Shonen Jack.

Watching Bakuman lately?
KuGsj.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto has been wrecking shit since he busted out of that giant turtle.
Listen to yourself breh. The dude just bust out of a giant turtle that he was trapped in while more manly men were at war. He didn't even know what the hell was going on...he was probably thinking about Sasuke. I'm sure he hyperventilated a few times.

Massive powerup doesn't equate to boss status. It's your attitude AFTER you get the powerups (See: Long-Haired Ichigo and his responses to everything Aizen had to say/Luffy in every fight) that makes you a badass.

Small fucking world man. I actually have his Seasons EP on my iPod and was spinning it heavy not too long ago.

Your friend is very talented. I love that kind of music. That Lonely Winds track? Nothing but dopeness. Do you know if he is actively making beats for rappers or anything? Or is he just doing his own thing?

I think I posted it in the instrumental hip-hop thread a while ago, maybe you got it from there? And I agree, it's like he's channeling Nujabes or something. It's fucking hard for a Swiss producer to make it but I hope it works out for him.

I think he has another track with that NAK guy coming up but I have no idea when it's supposed to drop. We wanted to work on something together but I'm pretty much too broke for equipment and and was way too busy so it never worked out. Maybe sometime in the next few months. I know for sure that he's working on a soul-sample based EP right now and he might do some remixes from time to time though. Stay tuned ;)

Desmond

Listen to yourself breh. The dude just bust out of a giant turtle that he was trapped in while more manly men were at war. He didn't even know what the hell was going on...he was probably thinking about Sasuke. I'm sure he hyperventilated a few times.

Massive powerup doesn't equate to boss status. It's your attitude AFTER you get the powerups (See: Long-Haired Ichigo and his responses to everything Aizen had to say/Luffy in every fight) that makes you a badass.

I was about to initiate Beam mode and whip out some manga pages in response.
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom