• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Various Dragonballs:

pI6xT.jpg

F92bt.jpg

rKy1i.jpg

A9J7q.jpg

EmDjY.jpg

yqSkb.jpg

vDVc4.jpg

p5nbY.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thank goodness everyone is not part of the elite since I don't know what to do if I am left all alone outside the elite club! Hahaha.

Cool. The Oda one is so weird.

Edit: Never saw them.

Indeed it looks kind of jarring, isn't it? Kishi and the Eyeshield guy are the best, in my opinion.

Speaking of Eyeshield, is it finished already or still on-going?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I think he misses Angry Grimace

Hahaha that's a good explanation.

The Yin that has lost its Yang now went all crazy and murderous-like.

But I don't mind though--there was a time when I find his antics annoying but now I am more amused if anything. It's like a petty schoolboy that pouts whenever he doesn't get a new shiny toy like the rest of his friends.

Yes, ended @ Volume 37.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna start reading it again from the very beginning now that it has ended.

Big One

Banned
Hahaha yea that seems likely isn't it?

The Yin that has lost its Yang now went all crazy and murderous-like.

But I don't mind though--there was a time when I find his antics annoying but now I am more amused if anything. Like a petty schoolboy that pouts whenever he doesn't get a new shiny toy like the rest of his friends.
Look, I'm sorry but when you're posting shit that's like from 2008 + asking one of the most mindless, effortless question ever, I'm going to point out how faulty both of those aspects are. It just clogs up the thread. You might as well ask, "Yo did Claymore end?" no, you don't ask, you LOOK IT UP. This isn't a complex question here. It's not like someone who hasn't read Naruto in a while asking, "Who is the current Hokage?" cause they may've left off at the Danzo arc. This is asking a question you can legitimately find on your own without any effort needed.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Look, I'm sorry but when you're posting shit that's like from 2008 + asking one of the most mindless, effortless question ever, I'm going to point out how faulty both of those aspects are. It just clogs up the thread. You might as well ask, "Yo did Claymore end?" no, you don't ask, you LOOK IT UP. This isn't a complex question here. It's not like someone who hasn't read Naruto in a while asking, "Who is the current Hokage?" cause they may've left off at the Danzo arc. This is asking a question you can legitimately find on your own without any effort needed.

Clogging up the thread?

Right after my Dragonball post there is immediately one person that said he never saw them before, and Stat Flow as well.

And my Eyeshield question is just a spur of the moment thing.

Sorry, but unless all of MangaGAF has voted unanimously that you are the sole decider on what are the things that can or cannot be posted, you have no business telling me what I or anyone else can or cannot do in this thread.

Geez man, just let it go already. You do appear like such a petty person right now.

Solune

aka Super Dimension Fortress Macross: The First Volume 1

So this is basically a retelling of the original Macross, the first chapter follows the beginning very closely for the most part but diverges in the second chapter and a whole bunch of scenes and material in between are cut out. Despite the large chapter sizes the pacing is just everywhere, although I guess that's what you get for adapting a 36 episode anime into a monthly manga. Also the design for Minmay has modernized complete with Zettai ryouki and she still sucks.

Funny how I found this manga, I don't know if there is anyone else like me but when I want to look for something and forget it, I have a tendency to type asdfasdf and just delete/backspace when I've remembered what I wanted to search for. Hit 'sdf' and SDF Macross popped up.

2th

Banned
aka Super Dimension Fortress Macross: The First Volume 1

So this is basically a retelling of the original Macross, the first chapter follows the beginning very closely for the most part but diverges in the second chapter and a whole bunch of scenes and material in between are cut out. Despite the large chapter sizes the pacing is just everywhere, although I guess that's what you get for adapting a 36 episode anime into a monthly manga. Also the design for Minmay has modernized complete with Zettai ryouki and she still sucks.

why is that rodent raping her?

dumbyugi

That Dragonball art is pretty cool. The bobobo artists one had me laughing.

Fujimura-kun Mates 44
Poor Fujimura, he just wants to sleep. The denying of the accidental kiss by everyone was pretty funny.

Big One

Banned
Clogging up the thread?
You're posting images that everyone and their mother has seen over 1 million times already. These images that are posted on every manga forum with the same headliner: "Hey guys, check out Oda/Kishi/Kubo's fanart of Dragonball! XDXDXD" You and Stat Flow may've never seen them before, but anyone who has been a manga fan for at least two years has seen them, and if they haven't then they should feel ashamed of themselves. So yeah, I'm more than a little sick of seeing them. I've seen them on every manga forum I've been to, every image board, every image hosting site.

Sorry, but unless all of MangaGAF has voted unanimously that you are the sole decider on what are the things that can or cannot be posted, you have no business telling me what I or anyone else can or cannot do in this thread.
I don't care what you post, you're the only one who overreacted to my initial post, which said:

>Posting pics everyone has seen years ago
"Look what I found guys!"
This was merely poking fun at you and wasn't trying to be seriously mocking you. And you respond:

^ Hahahahaha.

Goddamnit you are so ****ing hilarious dude.

*Phew*

Please, by all means, continue doing what you are doing :)
What the fuck kind of response is this?

dumbyugi

You're posting images that everyone and their mother has seen over 1 million times already. These images that are posted on every manga forum with the same headliner: "Hey guys, check out Oda/Kishi/Kubo's fanart of Dragonball! XDXDXD" You and Stat Flow may've never seen them before, but anyone who has been a manga fan for at least two years has seen them, and if they haven't then they should feel ashamed of themselves. So yeah, I'm more than a little sick of seeing them. I've seen them on every manga forum I've been to, every image board, every image hosting site.

Who are you to decide what people have and haven't seen. I've been a manga fan probably much longer then you and I've only ever seen the one by Oda. You really need to stop being such an arse.

Big One

Banned
Why so salty Big One? Laughing Banana didnt do any harm.
What you mean by "salty"? I'm more offended with Laughing Banana's attitude than his pictures. I'm sick of seeing the pictures, but I don't appreciate Laughing Banana's instant mocking to whenever I post an opinion or a joke like I'm trying to troll people.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well now, it appears like some people and their mothers haven't seen them yet (got a new one right before your post!)

And the bolded above is just so fantastically your style of saying things I can't help but to smile a bit reading it :)

I don't care what you post, you're the only one who overreacted to my initial post, which said:

Apparently you do care a lot...? If only you are truly do not care and just skipping my post and continue on, both of us can save a lot of time, you know?

This was merely poking fun at you and wasn't trying to be seriously mocking you. And you respond:

Well know, I can't see you giggling behind your monitor saying "let me poke fun at this guy, hehehe." so I am thinking you are doing what you are doing best: acting all serious like.

What the fuck kind of response is this?

It's obvious isn't it? I just find your antics to be funny, as simple as that :D

What you mean by "salty"? I'm more offended with Laughing Banana's attitude than his pictures. I'm sick of seeing the pictures, but I don't appreciate Laughing Banana's instant mocking to whenever I post an opinion or a joke like I'm trying to troll people.

Hahahaha. Like I said before, feel free to put me over at your ignore list or inform any of the mods that frequented this thread like Kagari. If my attitude is so offensive I am sure they will be more than happy to straighten me up.

Also, you're the one that started this whole thing in the first place, so...? And don't flatter yourself too much, I have better things to do other to "constantly" mocking your post or whatever. My what a celebrity you are.

survivor

Banned
Mathematical Girls vol 2
fZzTR.png

God damn it, poor Tetra. Forever alone.

I don't think I will ever get the closed form or the general term of Fibonacci sequence. The proof just blew my mind. I tried to follow it as much as I can but without actually trying it out myself, I won't fully understand it. It just boggles my mind how with a square root 5, you can still end up with an integer at the end

Tetra face expressions just crack me up

KotWC.png
JeNPw.png

I also love it when she was calculating the Fibonacci sequence by hand
EpeuZ.png

What you mean by "salty"? I'm more offended with Laughing Banana's attitude than his pictures. I'm sick of seeing the pictures, but I don't appreciate Laughing Banana's instant laughter to whenever I post an opinion or a joke like I'm trying to troll people.

I am sick of DTL avatar and I am not complaining.
Well you started it, now deal with it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Mathematical Girls vol 2
http://i.imgur.com/fZzTR.png?1[IMG]

God damn it, poor Tetra. Forever alone.

I don't think I will ever get the closed form or the general term of Fibonacci sequence. The proof just blew my mind. I tried to follow it as much as I can but without actually trying it out myself, I won't fully understand it. It just boggles my mind how with a square root 5, you can still end up with an integer at the end

Tetra face expressions just crack me up[/QUOTE]

Manga is pretty amazing, isn't it? I mean to cover even this sort of thing as its main theme.

Is it doing well in Japan?

gunbo13

Nope. Just really happy that I found 3 scanned/translated chapters since I last looked. I think chapter 9 was released about a year ago? Just found 10, 11 and 12 scanned+translated.
I was more referring to your something of a TL note within your post. Didn't know if it was a pun or not.

survivor

Banned
Manga is pretty amazing, isn't it? I mean to cover even this sort of thing as its main theme.

Is it doing well in Japan?

No idea about the manga sales, but it's based on a series of novels that were surprisingly popular. There have been 5 volumes (Author's official website) released and I believe the author wanted to expand the series to cover other topics like programming or physics.

Big One

Banned
Well now, it appears like some people and their mothers haven't seen them yet (got a new one right before your post!)
Well all I can say to that is that I legitimately feel grief over people who haven't seen these images. Makes me realize the downfall of the anime/manga fanbase that has happened over the years.

Hahahaha. Like I said before, feel free to put me over at your ignore list or inform any of the mods that frequented this thread like Kagari. If my attitude is so offensive I am sure they will be more than happy to straighten me up.
Like I said already, using the ignore system like that is essentially the lowest thing someone can do as a human being on a forum.

I could report you, and you would get warned, maybe even banned. You're straight up, legitimately trolling me on a consistent basis for no real reason other than I have an opinion. However I choose not to, because unless you're genuinely a blight on the discussion of this board, I have no right to report you. Secondly, I generally do not like seeing people banned, even Angry Grimace and mysticwhip, who I deeply wish the mods would reconsider their decisions so they can post on GAF.

On a forum, everyone matters, even if you consider their opinion or manner to be "trolling," every post in some form shares a meaning to the topic. In 100 years, all this topic will be is an archive of memories and experiences we shared together - that is, if it survives. By that point, we'll be dead. Without these forums, our thoughts, opinions, and experiences will just fade out of existence. Personally, I'm not too keen about that, and I hope no one else is either.

So no, I won't report you.

flawfuls

Forget Me Not

That was alright. It had charming characters, a neat setting and fantastic artwork. Too bad the whole detective aspect of it was kind of boring and the plot never really went anywhere.

WBn5e.jpg

vareon

Just because the pictures are old that doesn't mean we can't appreciate them again.

I like Oda's the most. The second to last pictures of Goku and Bulma creeps me out. Who drew that?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well all I can say to that is that I legitimately feel grief over people who haven't seen these images. Makes me realize the downfall of the anime/manga fanbase that has happened over the years.

Man you are a riot.

Like I said already, using the ignore system like that is essentially the lowest thing someone can do as a human being on a forum.

I could report you, and you would get warned, maybe even banned. You're straight up, legitimately trolling me on a consistent basis for no real reason other than I have an opinion. However I choose not to, because unless you're genuinely a blight on the discussion of this board, I have no right to report you. Secondly, I generally do not like seeing people banned, even Angry Grimace and mysticwhip, who I deeply wish the mods would reconsider their decisions so they can post on GAF.

On a forum, everyone matters, even if you consider their opinion or manner to be "trolling," every post in some form shares a meaning to the topic. In 100 years, all this topic will be is an archive of memories and experiences we shared together - that is, if it survives. By that point, we'll be dead. Without these forums, our thoughts, opinions, and experiences will just fade out of existence. Personally, I'm not too keen about that, and I hope no one else is either.

So no, I won't report you.

Hahaha.

It's like a script out of a badly directed Hollywood drama or something.

Stop being a drama queen.

Just because the pictures are old that doesn't mean we can't appreciate them again.

I like Oda's the most. The second to last pictures of Goku and Bulma creeps me out. Who drew that?

Rikudō Kōshi (六道 神士), the author of

At8tL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom