• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Not to mention Upandaway and I aren't reading TLR daily anymore.

It might actually be this. Maybe I just grew used to the near daily TLR mentions.

Or maybe my grasp of time has slipped and it's been like a week since that last TLRD mention and I just forgot.

Thud

Nakama.

Favorite moment?

I don't know if you could call it a moment... but when Johnny became the maincharacter. His rotation powers are awesome. Anyway satisfying ending.

I won't read Jojolion for a while though, waiting for jojo chapters must be unbearable.

I don't know if you could call it a moment... but when Johnny became the maincharacter. His rotation powers are awesome. Anyway satisfying ending.

I won't read Jojolion for a while though, waiting for jojo chapters must be unbearable.

His rotation powers reminds me of Gurren Laggan. Favorite moment for me
was ZA WARUDO.

gunbo13

I actually liked Change 123.
Indeed

The most entertaining two person read I could think of is Umi no Misaki. I wouldn't even need to read manga with those delicious impressions.

retcon:
Wait lol, read Pastel. Yes. Read Pastel on a daily. Yes. Perfect.

Thud

His rotation powers reminds me of Gurren Laggan. Favorite moment for me
was ZA WARUDO.

Hah not surprised.
clearly not the smart dio from part 3, his ending was however pretty obvious

If I have to rank the JoJo parts so far:

VA = SO > SBR > SC > BT > DiU > PB

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Beelzebub

Is Kugayama really supposed to be a man? Everytime i look at ...him... all i see is a girl. The eyes, the hair, the face.... i know this is Japan and all, but i dont see anything that looks like a man.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Well, Naruto wouldn't give a shit who it was other than Sasuke. (DTL: FROM THE FUTURE!)
For the record, I came up with Sauce from the future (just idly speculating on what would be even stupider reveals) well before DTL rementioned it ~two threads later. Bah.

There's literally no character that's a decent candidate that Naruto would either recognize or care about; this means its most likely to be a character that Guy, Kakashi or Bee recognizes. I mean, not to beat a dead horse, but Tobi is Obito. Its been fairly obvious for years.
I'm just saying it's a lot of setup for an irrelevant plot twist.

My assumption is that Orochimaru is also involved in this as I said before; my guess is that he is alive again for the express purpose of explaining Tobi's identity to the readers.

Yeah, like I said, I figure this reveal was also make Orochimaru look like garbage too.

Esch

Banned
Blood and Steel 25

I looove the art in this comic.

Blood_and_steel-01-Cover-s.jpg

Gintamen

Beelzebub

Is Kugayama really supposed to be a man? Everytime i look at ...him... all i see is a girl. The eyes, the hair, the face.... i know this is Japan and all, but i dont see anything that looks like a man.
Yeah, by far the girliest boy in Tamura's manga, Himekawa is more metro than girlish.

Beelzebub

In his younger designs, yeah I can see the confusion. In the present though, I don't think it's much of a stretch. Would be a cool reveal though if he did turn out to be a girl (which is unlikely).

upandaway

So are we officially taking suggestions on things to read together now?
I'll be good to go knee deep around mid-August if you want to. And I'm half considering just dumping the responsibility on you and letting you choose (only one I settled on so far was Sumomomo Momomo, but it requires a lot of money over 3 months).

We got some new juniors recently, it'll be rad if one or two join in.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Upandaway, Wiseblade: Read Itokoi Chidori together, or Sleeping Planet, or Ubel Blatt.

EDIT: Or Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan

Wiseblade

Upandaway, Wiseblade: Read Itokoi Chidori together, or Sleeping Planet, or Ubel Blatt.

EDIT: Or Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan

Isn't only the first volume of Sleeping Planet translated? I know nothing about the rest, sell them to me in a single sentence.

2San

Love allergen(end) - It really is a good series. It was a nice relaxing read, funny as well and never too much drama. Anyone looking for a slice-of-life romance comedy. It's shounen, but it kinda feels like half shounen and half shoujo.

Dresden

I found the manga hilarious.
Didn't watch the anime but I might do it just for the songs. I'm used to the french lyrics though, it might not be as "powerful" in japanese.

You should, man. Anime is a classic.

And then watch the live-action movie after!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No more harems!

LH isn't a harem until the end. If I had to recall what I remember most about LH, it's a burning hatred for Naru being the worst manga character ever. Even Eba from KNIM can't hold up to Naru.

Son of Ogre

THATS IT?! That's how it's going to end? Baki gets his spine broken by Yujiro, and Yujiro remains undefeated. Worst final fight ever. I can't believe I've followed this manga for years...and searched high and low across the internet for raws.

scy

LH isn't a harem until the end. If I had to recall what I remember most about LH, it's a burning hatred for Naru being the worst manga character ever. Even Eba from KNIM can't hold up to Naru.

I liked Naru. In bursts. Her wishy-washy behavior is the stuff of goddamn legends.

Kurita

Cool, didn't know anyone else read it on mangaf.
The colorpages are nice too!

I meant "translated this manga" sorry. I discovered it playing Jump Super Stars/Jump Ultimate Stars and always wanted to read it.
Thanks for talking about it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom