• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: 15-16

These chapters weren't so bad. Certainly not as amazing as chapter 14, but it's a bit unfair to expect them to top the amazingness that is mecha BL. I am still dreading the downward spiral I was warned about though.

Sena's and Yozora's interactions are really great. I wouldn't have minded if the series had just stayed about them and Kodaka.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: 15-16

These chapters weren't so bad. Certainly not as amazing as chapter 14, but it's a bit unfair to expect them to top the amazingness that is mecha BL. I am still dreading the downward spiral I was warned about though.

This reminds me ... what's the name of that manga about some masturbation guy?

Articalys

One Piece volume 67 enters the ring.
nRBTz.jpg

Miteranneeyo 1-2
tumblr_m7qj69Y0MB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well this was a pretty interesting start to chapter one and an actually overall really interesting and entertaining manga thus far. Natsume and Kudou happening to be interested in the same women and ending up doing the above was hilarious at first though, and throughout, but also yielded great things in the closing moments of chapter one and all of chapter two.
Taking care of a sick friend plot is one of my favorite ones in stories
Kudou is interesting since hes so clear with his thoughts and intentions, while Natsume brings hilarious inner commentary. Ill stick with it, as I think it will be one of the better stories by the time it ends, and college/dorm setting is perfect.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: B

Chapter felt very very short compared to the last few chapters. However, I don't know if Byakuya is coming back. I wouldn't mind Byakuya dying for the sake of plot/character development (for Rukia/Renji/Ichigo); but at the same time I like him as a character. Couple of really nice panels for him, I wonder if we'll get a flashback or not sooner or later if he is dead.

Seeing Buckbeard and Blonde Quincy is cool just because they seem like they're badass. "This is taking longer than expected"...lol; But then the chapter went from just a short continuation of last week's to boss status when motherfucking KENPACHI shows up. With some bitch ass Quincy on his back. As much as I want to say he is going to wreck shit...this is Buckbeard and top Stern Ritter here. Still, the panel was awesome cause Kenpachi is awesome.

Naruto: ?...(F+)

I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on. But the art was nice.

Still, Kishimoto needs to make the action a bit more decipherable for everyone reading out there. I mean, this was an action chapter, as such, if we can't understand the action, then it really has no point.

All I know is we've seen his mask broken before, it's not like something ridiculously epic happened that we've never seen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A very weakened Aizen who got rejected buý the Hougyoku.

Its pretty apparent that Kido was never intended to competitive with zanpakto given that we've met 2 characters from the Kido Forces and something like 60 regular shinigami. I don't think it necessary makes sense to criticize Kubo for not featuring enough Kido.

Daisuki desu!! Mahou Tenshi Kosumasu vol 1

SnO guy writing a dark magical girl series. Works for me. Minazuki's own brand of humor is present, but since he isn't the artist, the chibified jokes aren't as prevalent nor as funny.

What is present are some interesting tone shifts depressing imagery that goes beyond anything in SnO. It being in a semi-post-apocalyptic world is the reason for this. Interesting stuff.

survivor

Banned
I'm not going to bother formatting the full list of this stuff, but here's a handful of sales numbers from the past week from series that MangaGAF might care about:

Silver Spoon Vol. 4 -- 397,416
Magi Vol. 13 -- 106,179
TWGOK Vol. 17 -- 68,201
TWGOK Vol. 18 -- 67,635
TWGOK Vol. 17+18 LE Artbook Set -- 67,187
Silver Spoon Vol. 4 LE -- 48,067
I care about Again!! which sold a respectable 51,422 copies.

Wiseblade

Hetakoi 26

ALL OF MY RAGE

She just broke up with her live in boyfriend! You're really going to take advantage of that and sleep with her?

duckroll

Hmm....

Magi Vol12 first week (April) - 101,419
Magi Vol13 first week (July) - 106,179

Looks like the anime announcement has had no real impact yet, which is not that surprising considering how it only got one TV ad so far, and a few magazine spreads without any actual info, staff, or voice cast. The October release for Vol14 will be interesting though.

---

Silver Spoon Vol3 first week (April) - 293,359
Silver Spoon Vol4 first week (July) - 397,416 + 48,067

Now this is an actual improvement, showing that as they print more, there are actively more readers buying it. It's still going to take quite a while for them to clear out the one million shipment print though. Still, Silver Spoon is going to look very good on the full year chart for 2012.

Seishun Kouryakuhon 2

Fireworks of friendship was fun and so much development for Kurata, smiling, laughing, apologizing, and the "friend,', was mad at him for quite a bit in the middle but nice recovery. We need more manga like this.

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl 34

YES, NEW CHAPTER

It's been 2 months since the last one, about damn time.

Maki is such an asshole destroying the dreams of all the other boys. Let them fantasize about Aikawa being their manager you jerk.

Kusagari

Toriko 197:

Man, the power levels in this manga are outrageous. It will be nuts to see how strong Toriko is at the end of the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom