• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Melo Holic End

A7SWv.jpg

Bwahahaha what a twist.

PK Gaming

Medaka Box

The chapter was released around schedule this time ♪. That was an interesting chapter. Personally, I like the new Medaka a lot better than the old one. Not just in personality, but in appearance too. They really stepped up their game in drawing Medaka in this current arc, I hope it sticks.

Enter the real Medaka's father? lol. Also is it me or has Maguro become obsessed with opposing Medaka?

Are there any normal Medaka Box characters? I'm not near caught up, but last I read literally every character had super powers.

Zenkichi and the rest of the student council is pretty much normal throughout 75% of the series (they get abilities like wallrunning, or shouting but nothing "abnormal.") at this point though, it's all about having skills (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
To Love Ru Darkness Volume 1

Where has this manga been all of my life?

Soooo did Momo actually give Riito head?
This could have been explained in the text bubbles, I just didn't give a shit and skimmed through most of it.

The better question is... WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?

upandaway

Any of you Magi enthusiasts managed to read some Sumomomo Momomo yet?
Still building up the money, though even then I would have to check if their silly DRM reader is not a piece of rotten pumpkin.

This could have been explained in the text bubbles, I just didn't give a shit and skimmed through most of it.
The whole point is that the manga tries as hard as possible to go "too far" while still getting his work published. It's all implied through dodgy flashbacks and halfway hidden panels. It's the best thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Beelzebub:

I'm betting the folks in the underground arena will go crazy due to some mysterious mojo caused by the painting.

Shingeki No Kyojin:

This manga is... how should I put it.... incredibly suffocating. I'm not saying it in a bad way, though... It's just that, there's always that feeling of sickness and uncomfortable lodging in my mind and my stomach every time I am reading it. I guess this means the author managed to pull off the grimness of the situation very well for me.

survivor

Banned
Beelzebub

dat sexy Himekawa

--

New OP cover doesn't stand out that much

Hetakoi vol 7

Been raging far too much to post more than incoherent ramblings about individual chapters, But seeing the armor piercing slap calmed me down a little. But really everyone in the entire manga needs to get at least one.
Why do you keep reading it man?

Melo Holic End

Bwahahaha what a twist.
Looks interesting, will read

Shingeki No Kyojin:

This manga is... how should I put it.... incredibly suffocating. I'm not saying it in a bad way, though... It's just that, there's always that feeling of sickness and uncomfortable lodging in my mind and my stomach every time I am reading it. I guess this means the author managed to pull of the grimness of the situation very well for me.
Maybe you just wanna eat humans?

Cwarrior

Bleach

yeah I don't buy for 1 second captain "better then you" is a goner

kenpachi doesn't have a bankai so he doesn't rely on one and they can't use it against him, so this fight should be interesting.

This arc is dead to me already thanks to kubo coming up with some bullshit way to turn this arc into "let's wait for ichigo the chosen one(mc), to save us all cause they can't steal his bankai for some apparent reason which really is cause his the main character".

Naruto

I really don't give a shit about this fight, it isn't the least bit interesting, the way it's playing out.

it's just he can go through stuff omg.

Beelzebub
Looks like the end of another short arc , lets see where things go from here.

One Piece
I must be enjoying this arc more than others. I get a Thriller Bark feel. This won't advance anyone's bounties, and Caesar and Virgo don't come off as uber-powerful enemies the way Moria, Arlong, Croc or even Hodi were. However, I find it entertaining. I also think this should help develop Nami's character a bit. Maybe Sanji rampaging around in her body will give her some physical toughness. She certainly needs it. Any chance Kinemon becomes the next member of the crew? He's certainly a more-fun character than Jimbei, who I wanted to join.

It is still possible for the bounties to get raise since the marines are there and what they doing may be broadcast around the NW .
The arc has been good so far , if we get some body else joining the crew before Jimbei i hope it's not a swordsman .

Gintamen

Beelzebub
Looks like the end of another short arc , lets see where things go from here.

One Piece
It is still possible for the bounties to get raise since the marines are there and what they doing may be broadcast around the NW.
Beelz
No more information and plot for Beelz's mom? Wouldn't that make the arc pointless with the little info we got from Hilda.

OP
Better to raise the attention of the NW pirates than the Marines Imo.

Gintamen

Well the broadcast should get both if they beat CC and Vergo with everyone watching .
OP
It's being broadcasted around the NW, there was no mention of people other than brokers being the recievers. Well we can hope that Smoker is treated differently than last time and can make them listen that it wasn't his achievement taking down a high bounty pirate.

Wiseblade

Hetakoi 44

I hate both of them. Would it really be that hard to just say how you feel? He's already done it once! At this point they just deserve all the misery they get.

EDIT: Hetakoi 47

FUUUU~

He was so close! This stupidity could have all been over!

survivor

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 1-11

This is soo good. Seki is an amazing troll. I hope the translations would be faster since each chapter is so short.

I also really like the covers for the volumes, describe the manga perfectly.
McS5b.jpg
dJpAm.jpg
nwsrJ.jpg

Hetakoi 44

I hate both of them. Would it really be that hard to just say how you feel? He's already done it once! At this point they just deserve all the misery they get.

EDIT: Hetakoi 47

FUUUU~

He was so close! This stupidity could have all been over!

I haven't read this but based on your reaction here you should already know that's how this shit works. :p

Delay Delay Delay Delay until it finally happens

The volume covers alone make me want to check Tonari no Seki-kun out but its just 11 chapters right now :/

It was just a dream though.

Let's see if you can catch the vagina eye (because the editors sure didn't).

survivor

Banned
The volume covers alone make me want to check Tonari no Seki-kun out but its just 11 chapters right now :/

It has an episodic structure so it's not like you gonna be waiting months for the story to continue. Not that the manga has any story, it's just Seki trolling the other girl by doing crazy shit during class.

Wiseblade

I haven't read this but based on your reaction here you should already know that's how this shit works. :p

This was different though! All those still misunderstandings that had built up for the part 20 chapters finally came out, and the MC was about to blurt out his feelings for the main girl when he gets interrupted by a phone call. Literally ALL the hard work is done, one of them just needs to say something.

i6Mo3TQoLMPxb.png

Black God
Has anyone been following this manga? I was reading this about 2 years ago and caught up to the most updated chapter (at that time). They never really had a new ch out so I stopped following since. So, 2 years later.. hows that series doing?

smurfx

get some go again
didn't really like this weeks chapters.

bleach: you know damn well that byakuya isn't dead so meh.

btw anybody read karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru? its pretty good so far.

Wiseblade

Did Byakuya get a flashback? There's your answer.

I can't even remember who he is. Is he the one with the sword that turns into petals and has some weird dead wife fetish going on with Rukia?

upandaway

btw anybody read karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru? its pretty good so far.
It's really fun, aside from that rape arc. The final moments of almost every fight are really cool, aside from that dang rape arc.

But yeah I love it, aside from that.. well, yeah.

smurfx

get some go again
It's really fun, aside from that rape arc. The final moments of almost every fight are really cool, aside from that dang rape arc.

But yeah I love it, aside from that.. well, yeah.
lol yeah i was going to comment on that. i was expecting the rapist to get his ass kicked and sent to jail or back to his country and instead they made him a permanent cast member and made raping guys his schtick.

Beelzebub

There was a nice revelation that Hilda and Beel´s mom were close. Himekawa was funny. And i liked Kukuku that Oga made after Himekaya said money can´t buy everything.
New OP cover doesn't stand out that much

What the manga that before and after Naruto called? And the one after one piece?
Did Byakuya get a flashback? There's your answer.

I can't even remember who he is. Is he the one with the sword that turns into petals and has some weird dead wife fetish going on with Rukia?
We already know all we need to know about Byakuya. He already had his flashback on 2 different occasions.

Wiseblade

Beelzebub

There was a nice revelation that Hilda and Beel´s mom were close. Himekawa was funny. And i liked Kukuku that Oga made after Himekaya said money can´t buy everything.

What the manga that before and after Naruto called? And the one after one piece?

We already know all we need to know about Byakuya. He already had his flashback on 2 different occasions.

You can't seriously tell me you've never heard of it.

I know that when important characters die, we get flashback. But we already got all the important info about him. There´s nothing of importance left. Flashbacks should not just be made for the sake of flashbacks. There should be substance and reveal about the character. We already know all that is important to Byakuya. Rukia, The Kuchiki name, Pride, Soul Society and its rules. Those are what make Byakuya, Byakuya, so a flashback to tell us what we already know would be redundant. Not that did not happen before with the quincy explanation. But Byakuya has been prominent throughout the series and people know all there is to know about him.

Naruto

Finally, Naruto vs Tobi has begun! Was nice getting a virtually all action chapter though I can't deny that it was a bit difficult to follow but that may be because I'm at work and am constantly paranoid while reading manga so kinda rush it a bit haha Tobi is an adept fighter and with his skillet, the coordination and strategy that will be necessary to defeat him should be pretty satisfying when it finally goes down. Originally I felt it would be Naruto and Sasuke vs Tobi and it's still possible, but with Sasuke going on some detour with Oro, who knows how long he'll be gone? Then again, if there's any fight to drag out, it's the one against the final boss. Although there's always the chance that Madara or Oro could steal that spot :D Also, nice try Big One, an action chapter featuring the main fight of the endgame is the polar opposite of "nothing happened". You may not like it or like Tobi, etc. but that has nothing to do with whether something happened in the chapter or not.

Bleach

Don't buy that he's dead yet. The only reason it's even a possibility is that it's the final arc but still, not buying it until further evidence is presented. Would be a meh chapter if not for the way Kenpachi showed up looking like a BOSS. That for sure is a bad ass panel that's a great way to end the chapter. Too bad it's worthless going forward because Kenpachi is going to get destroyed against Buckbeard. Should have had him fight some more underlings, especially since we didn't even get to witness him take out the three on his shoulders. Oh well, maybe he'll fight that assistant guy first and showcase his skills. Would be cool if Kenpachi one that fight and then Buckbeard takes him out afterwards. At least Kenpachi would get to look awesome for a bit before getting shut down. Or maybe Ichigo would even save him from Buckbeard with his plot armor.

One Piece

This chapter was pretty boring over all, probably the only one I've felt that to be the case for this arc. The heart scene was good, explains how Law was shut down so effortlessly and adds complexity to their predicament. Really brings up the intrigue on just what Law wants form this island that he was willing to give up his heart. That's more than curiosity for unique experiments. Outside that, I couldn't be less interested in Smiley. I hate dumb monsters for villains (outside gags where Luffy one shots them), they are so uninteresting. I hope that conflict ends quickly. I don't really care for Caesar either, he kind of annoys me.

Reborn

Not a bad strategy at all by Tsuna and co. I assumed they were just going to try and gang up and overpower each member to beat them senseless but technically all they have to do right now is prevent Bermuda's team from winning and targeting the watches makes a lot more sense. Reborn has really upped it's quality this arc, most interested I've been since the Future Arc. Do you not read this anymore, Stat? Haven't seen you comment on it for a long time.

HSDK

I finally marathoned the rest of the arc and am all caught up. Doesn't look like this week's chapter came out yet though. I definitely made the right choice in letting the rescue Miu arc build up, would have been painful to slowly go through the mind control fight chapters one week at a time. It was pretty sweet being able to marathon the whole master fight too. Miu has basically been given a power up and I expect her to get more action going forward and I'm intrigued about what's going on with her father and why Gramps wants it to be so hush hush.

Claymore

Some how I forgot that I was a few chapters behind. They are finally going back to Claire!! Wait, who's Claire again? Oh yeah, the main character of the series that we haven't seen for a year or so!

Looks like Fairy Tail didn't come out yet either. Now I just need to marathon Soul Eater sometime soon and catch up. I think I figured out that I'm on chapter 91 so that shouldn't take long.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Another one to the fold. Excellent.

Anyway, about Nisekoi, do all the people saying "Mari is a guy!" have a single reason for it? I mean, she does have breasts, you know. And there's not a shred of evidence to suggest she's a guy. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom