• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Wut Piece B

Oooh shit, shit's about to get real right up in here. Ceasar really shaping up to be a rather threatening and unique villain compared to past blunders like Geckoh Moria and Hody. This arc is at a slow pace, but never ceases to be entertaining or interesting. It feels like One Piece is at a return to form when it comes to the adventure aspect of the series, which has long been shut out in favor of either Fishman Island or the War arc.

Bleach C

This chapter would suck if it wasn't for Kenpaichi who made a god tier entrance. If this entire chapter was that page, this would've been the best chapter in Jump this week, unfortunately I had to read 18/19 pages of complete shit.

Naruto F

Meh, it's Naruto. It sucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto F

Meh, it's Naruto. It sucks.

Still no excuse for shitty opinions. Having a shit opinion has nothing to do with whether I feel your opinion is right or wrong, but when someone posts a thought on something without much reasoning to back it up other than a massive amount of claims, then your opinion sucks. It's just offensive as fuck especially since a lot of these opinions are meant to be taken legitimately, especially on a message board of all places. I think people are forgetting we're in a forum rather than a social website like facebook or a lowest common denominator forum such as gamefaqs. If you want to come in and establish yourself as an opposing opinion to my own, at least make it clear that your opinion is solid, and if you can do that you're okay with me and I'll give you the proper respect and response. I've done it to others here before...unfortunately, none of them are Beam.

One piece

Ceasar isn't so bad as a villain though its obvious he has a chip on his shoulder LOL .

This story is just moving along and lets see how that slime thing is dealt with.

Big One

Banned
Not sure how that's even a shitty opinion, I covered exactly what happened in the chapter: Absolutely nothing. There's nothing to really even praise or even look at as some form of storytelling medium. It's just a series of badly drawn images thrown together in sequence to depict a fight that shouldn't be happening right now. Not to mention that the chapter is purposely delaying Tobi's true face reveal for no real reason whatsoever. This chapter feels like one of those filler episodes of DBZ where absolutely nothing happens but them charging up and punching once or twice, only to be left on a cliffhanger. That is why I said, "Meh, it's Naruto. It sucks."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not sure how that's even a shitty opinion, I covered exactly what happened in the chapter: Absolutely nothing. There's nothing to really even praise or even look at as some form of storytelling medium. It's just a series of badly drawn images thrown together in sequence to depict a fight that shouldn't be happening right now. Not to mention that the chapter is purposely delaying Tobi's true face reveal for no real reason whatsoever. This chapter feels like one of those filler episodes of DBZ where absolutely nothing happens but them charging up and punching once or twice, only to be left on a cliffhanger. That is why I said, "Meh, it's Naruto. It sucks."
So when you just pop out a "shit sucks" its totally cool, but everyone else has to justify everything they say to you?

Sankarea

Wow, I stumbled upon this manga today and I am caught up to the latest chapter already. I couldn't stop reading it. Are there any other manga like this?

Pimpwerx

Naruto
TNA (Total Nonstop Action) this chapter. That's what I'm talking about. All the debris made it hard to make out some stuff, but this chapter cemented the fact that Tobi is every bit the boss that Madara is. Kishi conveniently forgets his chakra limit bs when it pushes the plot along. Kakashi shoulda been dead a long time ago, but I'm glad he's still going. I assume we have a few more chapters before the Obito reveal. Good chapter though.

Bleach
Kenpachi is a boss. Byakuya is so not dead too. Have we ever gotten a flashback for him? I don't remember it, so I'm pretty certain he's not dead. We'd need to get a flashback covering his noble past and junk. That said, what are the odds Renji gets worfed off panel? I say 95%. LOL!

One Piece
I must be enjoying this arc more than others. I get a Thriller Bark feel. This won't advance anyone's bounties, and Caesar and Virgo don't come off as uber-powerful enemies the way Moria, Arlong, Croc or even Hodi were. However, I find it entertaining. I also think this should help develop Nami's character a bit. Maybe Sanji rampaging around in her body will give her some physical toughness. She certainly needs it. Any chance Kinemon becomes the next member of the crew? He's certainly a more-fun character than Jimbei, who I wanted to join.

I'm reading HunterXHunter and I'm up to chapter 260 now. Woooooow! The art in this series has gone completely to shit. I remember reading random posts on here about how the author got lazy and went into sketch mode, but I didn't realize it was this bad. It's such a cool universe with well thought out abilities, but damn if it isn't painful on the eyes. I hope to be caught up by this weekend. We'll see. I guess there's no rush since it seems to be on hiatus again. SMH. How do you lose interest in something this good? Hopefully Oda never loses interest in OP. He needs to stay motivated right through Raftel. PEACE.

Angry Grimace

Naruto
TNA (Total Nonstop Action) this chapter. That's what I'm talking about. All the debris made it hard to make out some stuff, but this chapter cemented the fact that Tobi is every bit the boss that Madara is. Kishi conveniently forgets his chakra limit bs when it pushes the plot along. Kakashi shoulda been dead a long time ago, but I'm glad he's still going. I assume we have a few more chapters before the Obito reveal. Good chapter though.

Bleach
Kenpachi is a boss. Byakuya is so not dead too. Have we ever gotten a flashback for him? I don't remember it, so I'm pretty certain he's not dead. We'd need to get a flashback covering his noble past and junk. That said, what are the odds Renji gets worfed off panel? I say 95%. LOL!

One Piece
I must be enjoying this arc more than others. I get a Thriller Bark feel. This won't advance anyone's bounties, and Caesar and Virgo don't come off as uber-powerful enemies the way Moria, Arlong, Croc or even Hodi were. However, I find it entertaining. I also think this should help develop Nami's character a bit. Maybe Sanji rampaging around in her body will give her some physical toughness. She certainly needs it. Any chance Kinemon becomes the next member of the crew? He's certainly a more-fun character than Jimbei, who I wanted to join.

I'm reading HunterXHunter and I'm up to chapter 260 now. Woooooow! The art in this series has gone completely to shit. I remember reading random posts on here about how the author got lazy and went into sketch mode, but I didn't realize it was this bad. It's such a cool universe with well thought out abilities, but damn if it isn't painful on the eyes. I hope to be caught up by this weekend. We'll see. I guess there's no rush since it seems to be on hiatus again. SMH. How do you lose interest in something this good? Hopefully Oda never loses interest in OP. He needs to stay motivated right through Raftel. PEACE.
I can't remember which one is the famous scribble chapter, although there's a few of them.

You will literally have children by the time Raftel occurs. As for Bleach, Renji can't really be worfed at this point; he's been demoted to full-time jobber. Byakuya got Worfed.

scy

Medaka Box 156 - I thought her father was relatively normal of a guy? Hm. We'll see.

...that swagger. You can tell from that one panel.

Angry Grimace

Medaka Box 156 - I thought her father was relatively normal of a guy? Hm. We'll see.

...that swagger. You can tell from that one panel.

Are there any normal Medaka Box characters? I'm not near caught up, but last I read literally every character had super powers.

Gin will be back , to tell the truth i hoping he is the person that save Urahara a few chapters ago.
That would be awesome IMO.

Yeah Grimmjow is most likely the character that show up .
Still i hope Gin return is awesome since i like his character .

Eh? Gin had a good closure and a nice death scene. I don´t want him to come. Especially when people say including you that Kubo does not kill good characters.

Kusagari

Are there any normal Medaka Box characters? I'm not near caught up, but last I read literally every character had super powers.

Everyone has super powers now, even Zenkichi.

Medaka Box 156:

Well...this was unexpected. Her real father appearing should be interesting, especially since he gave birth to such a collection of weirdos. There's no way he's normal. Hell, Zenkichi's loli mom was overpowered.

No way a guy with this amount of swag isn't.

I can't remember which one is the famous scribble chapter, although there's a few of them.

You will literally have children by the time Raftel occurs. As for Bleach, Renji can't really be worfed at this point; he's been demoted to full-time jobber. Byakuya got Worfed.

The end of Greed Island took the fucking cake in regards to scribbles LOL.

and yea Raftel is up there with with the likes of Berserk actually ending on Muira's terms and Keichii and Belldandy having sex.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Not sure how that's even a shitty opinion, I covered exactly what happened in the chapter: Absolutely nothing. There's nothing to really even praise or even look at as some form of storytelling medium. It's just a series of badly drawn images thrown together in sequence to depict a fight that shouldn't be happening right now.
Amen

Bleach
Bleach

We don´t need a flashback for Byakuya because we already know all we need to know about him. When he says sorry to Renji and Rukia, it´s the same when Gin said sorry to Rangiku and Starrk said sorry to Aizen. It´s a closure scene. Orihime is wounded and in HM. The 4th squad is too busy with all teh other injured shinigami. Unohana is no where to be seen. And Mayuri has went out to battle. There´s no one to heal him.

Toriko

Nice fight so far. These beasts level are very high. Terry <3. I can´t wait to see the 4 kings new techs.

Pimpwerx

Bleach

We don´t need a flashback for Byakuya because we already know all we need to know about him. When he says sorry to Renji and Rukia, it´s the same when Gin said sorry to Rangiku and Starrk said sorry to Aizen. It´s a closure scene. Orihime is wounded and in HM. The 4th squad is too busy with all teh other injured shinigami. Unohana is no where to be seen. And Mayuri has went out to battle. There´s no one to heal him.

I thought we got a flashback with Starrk and his female sidekick. We also had a flashback with Gin, where we saw the origin of his relationship with Rangiku. I'm pretty sure Kubo gives flashbacks to major characters before they die. I don't remember any sort of flashback featuring Byakuya, except maybe the Turning Back the Clock mini-arc. I could be wrong though. I could see Byakuya reviving himself for one final attack, at which point we'll receive his proper flashback. PEACE.

Angry Grimace

The end of Greed Island took the fucking cake in regards to scribbles LOL.

and yea Raftel is up there with with the likes of Berserk actually ending on Muira's terms and Keichii and Belldandy having sex.

This one pisses me off the most. The most hilarious part is that Fujishima literally explained it via a plot device.

I wonder if Haruto will bang his live in girlfriend before Keiichi will bang his contractually obligated life partner.

Angry Grimace

I really hope KNIM ends with them never even really making out.

Maximum trolling.
I just laughed at the fact that he was literally too afraid to see his live-in girlfriend's panties. How the fuck does that even work!?

I thought we got a flashback with Starrk and his female sidekick. We also had a flashback with Gin, where we saw the origin of his relationship with Rangiku. I'm pretty sure Kubo gives flashbacks to major characters before they die. I don't remember any sort of flashback featuring Byakuya, except maybe the Turning Back the Clock mini-arc. I could be wrong though. I could see Byakuya reviving himself for one final attack, at which point we'll receive his proper flashback. PEACE.

He did give a flashback to Starrk and Gin, but we already gotten a flashback about Byakuya in the SS arc about his wife and why he adopted Rukia into his family, and Turn Back The Pendulum arc. We already know what we need to know about Byakuya. There´s no need for further flashback.

Angry Grimace

He did give a flashback to Starrk and Gin, but we already gotten a flashback about Byakuya in the SS arc about his wife and why he adopted Rukia into his family, and Turn Back The Pendulum arc. We already know what we need to know about Byakuya. There´s no need for further flashback.

This is assuming he's even really dead permanently.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One Piece

Am I the only one who is not utterly mesmerized by the recent chapters of One Piece, including this one? They are so... disorderly and busy... too chaotic in not a good way. I don't know... I just feel like nothing in this arc so far managed to pull me in and I just want this whole storyline to be closed off and for Oda to move on to something else.

I also feel like Oda's art seemed to have weakened somehow, which is strange coming from him. It feels so... messy

BLEACH

It's incredible how "empty" reading a Bleach chapter can feels like. Well, at least the badass Captain makes it up.

NARUTO

Exciting end-game battle all around. I am definitely interested in seeing how the good guys can best the boss, and the destination of Sasuke and Orochimaru.

Kurita

Takamagahara
Nekketsu : The Manga

Assassination Classroom
New student, okay. How does one put knifes in his hands without hurting himself ?

Metal B

One Piece

Jimbei already has joined the strawhats. He has just something else to do and will catch on later, properly when they go against Big Mom. Jimbei fits Luffy search for people, who will counter his weaknesses and having a person, who not only can swim, but also breath and fight underwater, is perfect for an DF-User captain. Kinemon on the other hand would be just another sword fighter and we already have two in the crew. I would real wish for the last memeber to be an gunslinger, because guns are really underrepresented in this pirate themed universe.

Big One

Banned
So when you just pop out a "shit sucks" its totally cool, but everyone else has to justify everything they say to you?
Usually there's a lot to cover when someone makes a blanket "shit sucks." If nothing happened in a One Piece chapter, I'd say, "shit sucks." and all the same with Naruto. Literally there isn't anything to even form an opinion on, me saying Naruto sucks has to do with an opinion I've already established beforehand. I've read the chapter like five times and barely remembered what even took place cause of how fast it went of basically pages of nothing happening.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Am I the only one who is not utterly mesmerized by the recent chapters of One Piece, including this one? They are so... disorderly and busy... too chaotic in not a good way. I don't know... I just feel like nothing in this arc so far managed to pull me in and I just want this whole storyline to be closed off and for Oda to move on to something else.

I also feel like Oda's art seemed to have weakened somehow, which is strange coming from him. It feels so... messy

Yeah, it's definitely reaching the clutter threshold. Which is less forgiveable outside of the Marine HQ arc.

Akito

Prunus Girl
Nice job of cockblocking there Maki.

Medaka Box
Can't wait to see what sort of weirdo Papa Kurokami will be.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
To Love Ru Darkness Volume 1

Where has this manga been all of my life?

Soooo did Momo actually give Riito head?
This could have been explained in the text bubbles, I just didn't give a shit and skimmed through most of it.

Articalys

Beelzebub 166

When in doubt, just Zebub Blast a hole in the roof. Gotta love Oga's straightforward way of thinking.

I still think Himekawa looks better without the pompadour hairstyle.
7ubKR.png

Mendrox

To Love Ru Darkness Volume 1

Where has this manga been all of my life?

Soooo did Momo actually give Riito head?
This could have been explained in the text bubbles, I just didn't give a shit and skimmed through most of it.

Yes she did apparently (another flashback comes later for that) I love that manga so much.

Wiseblade

Hetakoi vol 7

Been raging far too much to post more than incoherent ramblings about individual chapters, But seeing the armor piercing slap calmed me down a little. But really everyone in the entire manga needs to get at least one.

Gintamen

Beelzebub 166

When in doubt, just Zebub Blast a hole in the roof. Gotta love Oga's straightforward way of thinking.

I still think Himekawa looks better without the pompadour hairstyle.
He's not drawn "sexy" in that pic.

I hope the plot will move on with that rushed escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom