• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Giri No Vacance

Pretty good one shot by Rumiko Takahashi with great art. It's about a woman going on a vacation to a hot spring with her mother-in-law. Good nice relaxing read

Grean Beans

A detective gets tasked to rescue the landlord's daughter and then gets attacked and stuff. Alright one shot with decent art.

How to Colonize Space

Pretty interesting sci-fi work with a nice plot twist. The art was kinda meh but the reveal at the end was cool even though it was predictable.

Ikioku - The Cooler Half

This is about a waifu that will do anything to please other people. It's by the same author of G Senjou Heaven's Door so it has a cool art style

Look Me in the Eyes When You Talk

Best one shot so far. Great art and concept. It's about a guy who can never look people in the eyes but then one day after getting beaten up by a gang and hospitalized, he starts looking at people eyes and to his surprise he sees that they have no eyes. The ending was amazing.

The Monkey's Foot

Some girl wishes her boyfriend, Makoto back, he comes as a zombie. She spends time with him then she realizes he was always acting like a zombie. Then when her sister comes over and sees the zombie, the girl realizes that Makoto had liked her sister instead so she wishes him to go to heaven to rest his soul. It was a fun read, nothing too special

Rome Rome

A fun and comedic take on the zombie genre. Pretty good art too, should have been a full series that tackles everyday issues with zombies everywhere.

Blurry Nisekoi volume 3 cover picture get:
Good cover with the second best girl

scy

Koisome Momiji 11 -
UMNXk.png

Wrap it up folks. We're done here... Oh, wait, Nana trying to be relevant now.

vareon

Just read Silver Spoon and now I'm sad because I have to wait for the new releases. Very, very sad since this is one of the best things I've ever read.

Now on Medaka Box. Pretty average so far (I'm on chapter 15-ish) but I have no plans on stopping.

I really need a finished manga to read :( all this ongoing stuff made me sad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Koisome Momiji

It's confirmed. Confirmed pairing 11 chapters in and everything? Nailed it! Also, Nana can suck it.

gunbo13

Beelzebub

This arc is incredibly boring. No good jokes, boring fights(?), and a lame story with the cursed painting. FPS team killing from a jpeg, really? I'm struggling to remember when Beelze was consistent for more then a couple chapters.

survivor

Banned
Koisome Momiji

This just occurred to me, but when Sana starts acting for the TV drama and has to kiss the other actor, wouldn't that be NTR?

Why does Nana keep trying? Like at this point you should just realize you are a side character with no chance of winning

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Koisome Momiji

This just occurred to me, but when Sana starts acting for the TV drama and has to kiss the other actor, wouldn't that be NTR?

Why does Nana keep trying? Like at this point you should just realize you are a side character with no chance of winning

I think the problem is that she's not even likeable or a good side character. She's just bad. Period.

scy

Koisome Momiji

It's confirmed. Confirmed pairing 11 chapters in and everything? Nailed it! Also, Nana can suck it.

Anticipating Sana to take the development as a "Right, it's a love triangle SO SMART! PRACTICE!" and then we go back to start. Repeat for 200 chapters.

also with obligatory reflection moments and hints of true feelings. Genre staples!

Koisome Momiji

This was the plot of the oneshot basically.

They want to keep drawing her these-would-totally-be-creepy-in-a-different-manga eyes. Also, breasts.

survivor

Banned
Just read Silver Spoon and now I'm sad because I have to wait for the new releases. Very, very sad since this is one of the best things I've ever read.

Now on Medaka Box. Pretty average so far (I'm on chapter 15-ish) but I have no plans on stopping.

Read Boys on the Run

I think the problem is that she's not even likeable or a good side character. She's just bad. Period.
Let's hope the next girl in the harem is more likeable.

Anticipating Sana to take the development as a "Right, it's a love triangle SO SMART! PRACTICE!" and then we go back to start. Repeat for 200 chapters.

also with obligatory reflection moments and hints of true feelings. Genre staples!
But it's getting cancelled by the end of the year

scy

Let's hope the next girl in the harem is more likeable.

It'll be the friend that's helping him obviously.

But it's getting cancelled by the end of the year

Then these events will happen in the next few chapters! Gotta rush these developments.

Wait seriously?

It probably won't last that long. Sadly. I just want more of dat Sana:(

Bail out, it's awful.

This man is wrong.

survivor

Banned
Wait seriously?
It's probably getting cancelled along with Pajama by the end of the year. In general, half of the new series WSJ add get cancelled in the same year and since Nisekoi seems to be popular, Koisome Momiji and Pajama are the most likely target to get the axe

You're right.

It's awful, confusing, headache-inducing and the drawings are terrible
if I'm going to criticize one of mangaf's favourite manga I should go all the way shouldn't I ?

I got your back bro, Medaka Box is awful.

scy

It's probably getting cancelled along with Pajama by the end of the year. In general, half of the new series WSJ add get cancelled in the same year and since Nisekoi seems to be popular, Koisome Momiji and Pajama are the most likely target to get the axe

To be fair, it has an easy route out at least. I wouldn't mind it if it actually wraps things up well.

I got your back bro, Medaka Box is awful.

We can be nakama no more.

PK Gaming

Ah good, you're close to the genre shift. It gets really good then (and even better at around chapter 50+). Users typically burn out in the earlier chapters, so its good to see you sticking with it. It's a great manga.

survivor

Banned
House of Five Leaves vol 2

uYRUN.jpg

This volume was mainly about Ume and his reason for joining the Five Leaves. His backstory was good and it's nice to see how his life differs from Senkichi a lot just cause he asked the help of the Saint before Senkichi and thus he was able to quit the gang business without any repercussions. Denshichi was a total asshole and I'm glad to see Senkichi and Ume take care of him and get rid of him once and for all. At least now Senkichi can move on with his life and live peacefully with his family.

The first kidnapping of the Five Leaves was really weird. Yaichi just suddenly brought the idea of kidnapping the guy Ume hated. I thought there would be more to it. I guess when they reveal his motivations we will see why he started the Five Leaves.

Masa is hilarious and it's still funny seeing him struggle with his shyness when he has to fight in front of a large crowd. Yagi is an interesting fellow and I'm looking forward to what he does with Masa and probably their inevitable fight. Plus I can't wait until his connection to Yaichi is revealed.

Aad

survivor, you read a lot of manga. Do you have a myanimelist or mangauptades that I can take a peek at?

survivor

Banned
Benkyou no Jikan vol 1 End

fnrSf.jpg

Adorable collection of 3 short shoujo manga. They are mostly standard and cliched but they were still readable.

Benkyou no Jikan - Matsumoto needs help for her next math test so she asks for help from the loner smart Ando. She studies with him and he opens up to her and changes becoming more sociable. Cute stuff even though it's so tropey it hurts.

Green Days - So many emotions. Rui moves in to a new school along with her other friend Akito who she secretly likes. There she quickly befriends Hiro. Then we later find out that Rui got into big problems at her old school where she was betrayed by her friends and was branded as someone who steals other people boyfriends. This leads to complications with her new friend Hiro since Hiro likes Akito too. At the end everything gets resolved nicely, Hiro confesses and gets denied but she hooks up with another boy from her work, and Rui finally confesses to Akito and they live happily ever after

So, Stand by Me - Sakumi, a childhood friend of the twins (I think), Ryouta and Souta struggles with her feelings when one of them starts dating a different girl. It was kinda confusing read since I lost track of which boy Sakumi likes, thank god they had different hair colours otherwise I would have understood nothing.

survivor, you read a lot of manga. Do you have a myanimelist or mangauptades that I can take a peek at?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AlExile

upandaway

Unless they tank really really hard (not saying it's impossible), they're only really in danger for the latter August cancellation along with Barrage and Kurogane. After that, the next cancellation will probably have only 1 series because the GFC would have freed up room (and Takamagahara will probably be close to cancelled too). If any of them survive by then, it's free game since August series could be terrible and get cancelled. Plus, Nisekoi being popular doesn't hurt Koisome and Pajama, it's the opposite.

Defuser

Koisome Momiji
She just confirmed it? Goddamn, mangaka have written himself into a corner. It's either end the series now or create a deus ex machina misunderstanding to extend it.

upandaway

Koisome Momiji

I'm not really sure what's eating the manager here. Look:
1. "You can't have a relationship till you're 18"
2. "But it's not a relationship! It's prac-"
3. "SOCIETY THINKS OTHERWISE"
4. "But.. I think I love him!"
5. "Well, dang."

Also, Sana. And Sana. Also.

Brynhildr

I loved how Murakami could translate Neko into saying "Karaoke" without even tsukkoming or anything. Man, you can always count on this guy.

But yeah looks like we'll be about internal problems for a while. They have a month, I guess.

vareon

Ah good, you're close to the genre shift. It gets really good then (and even better at around chapter 50+). Users typically burn out in the earlier chapters, so its good to see you sticking with it. It's a great manga.

And I just read past it! That was...sudden. Not sure what to think of it, but still I'm going to keep on reading.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Unless they tank really really hard (not saying it's impossible), they're only really in danger for the latter August cancellation along with Barrage and Kurogane. After that, the next cancellation will probably have only 1 series because the GFC would have freed up room (and Takamagahara will probably be close to cancelled too). If any of them survive by then, it's free game since August series could be terrible and get cancelled. Plus, Nisekoi being popular doesn't hurt Koisome and Pajama, it's the opposite.

Koisome might survive. Pajama is doooooomed. Consistently the lowest ranking title in jump.

No faith in Barrage or Takamagahara?

dramatis

Nisekoi being popular does hurt Koisome/Pajama. It's the same way a new action manga can't gain any traction, because all the votes are going towards OP/Naruto/Bleach/Toriko. A person who votes Nisekoi isn't going to vote Koisome/Pajama, he'll give his remaining votes to other things.

Unless he's a part of smutGAF.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nisekoi being popular does hurt Koisome/Pajama. It's the same way a new action manga can't gain any traction, because all the votes are going towards OP/Naruto/Bleach/Toriko. A person who votes Nisekoi isn't going to vote Koisome/Pajama, he'll give his remaining votes to other things.

Unless he's a part of smutGAF.

Time for mangaf to unite!

wonzo

Banned
Magi 115

magi115.png

All these brief glimpses of stuff that's happened in the past really makes me wish they'd revisit this stuff in far greater detail soon as it looks fucking amazing.

gunbo13

Nisekoi stole any thunder it might have had.
Pajama Terrible

There was like an attempted rape by knife-point 10 chapters in along with a subsequent confession. And the story behind the ghost thing never really made much sense. I don't see any thunder there. My favorite was the early moment when it was like, she's dead! Sike she's not, she's asleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom