• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Equestrian Cross Country Olympics Stuff

This doesn't look anywhere as interesting as it does in Silver Spoon. Needs more Hachiken and Mikage. Watching it in real life is kinda boring! Zzzzzzzz...

People who are super into horses kind of creep me out.

scy

@Nisekoi - I'd like to note something though. The pendant isn't Raku's, he was given it by the girl so Onodera is already out of the running (she did mention that he had that pendant when they played together) there and Mari was clearly last based off her own story anyway.

Still, it better do something, damn it.

El Sloth

Banned
@Nisekoi - I'd like to note something though. The pendant isn't Raku's, he was given it by the girl so Onodera is already out of the running (she did mention that he had that pendant when they played together) there and Mari was clearly last based off her own story anyway.

Still, it better do something, damn it.
There isn't even speculation about who it is. Unless another blond girl shows up (7 Keys~), it's Chitoge. The very first chapter showed us it was a blonde.

I still don't understand how as a Japanese kid someone with blond hair doesn't make a huge fucking impression on you.

scy

There isn't even speculation about who it is. Unless another blond girl shows up (7 Keys~), it's Chitoge. The very first chapter showed us it was a blonde.

I still don't understand how as a Japanese kid someone with blond hair doesn't make a huge fucking impression on you.

True enough, I suppose. That and the oneshot was them and diverging that far from it would be weird. Though I suppose those have happened before. I wonder how they'll stretch things out longer now besides more keysgirls.

El Sloth

Banned
True enough, I suppose. That and the oneshot was them and diverging that far from it would be weird. Though I suppose those have happened before. I wonder how they'll stretch things out longer now besides more keysgirls.
First more Key bearers then Battle manga.

Hey, has it ever been stated that Raku has no siblings? Older/younger sister traveling abroad for next key bearer.

Or maybe older brother coming to commit NTR and rob him of his harem. Nah, they'll save that for the battle portion.

upandaway

Look at Mari's hair color. It's obvious at this point Raku's brain doesn't hold any hair color variables. He probably registers all hair as black or white.

He's haircolorblind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of funny how much Nisekoi has taken over the thread given that a) half of the people talking about it won't admit to liking it and b) it's got like 35 chapters.

survivor

Banned

The pendant is still being fixed right? So that's one method of dragging out the plot. What's left I guess is having the pendant stolen or lost.

El Sloth

Banned
It's kind of funny how much Nisekoi has taken over the thread given that a) half of the people talking about it won't admit to liking it and b) it's got like 35 chapters.
It's honestly only okay, but it's fun to read as a group. I wouldn't read it if it wasn't for the manga thread. It's partly the same reason why I stuck with Naruto and Bleach for so long despite not liking what I was reading anymore. The other reason being that I just wanted some closure, but now I don't even want that anymore.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Mari > Onodera > Tsugumi > Chitoge

edit: Why are we whispering?

Ruri > Chitoge > Tsugumi = Mari > Onodera

Onodera is only good for cute reactions, she's the most boring girl by far otherwise. She needs to have her father be the head of the Military or something to improve.

Because why not?

Esch

Banned
Next will be young photography girl, then co-worker girl, then blond photography girl.

Naw, the young chick hasnt had any real buildup romantically. Its gotta be co-worker girl. He's gonna have some fucked up sexual healing relationship with her

alternatively the writer could end up trolling us all into a different dimension by making risa next in line

Pandora Hearts 22 - 29
tumblr_m7z609AfQB1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Poor Eliot unable to take opinions. Eliot Nightray must make another appearance again. He is in Gil's league and actually felt, not useless, though Gil is still my favorite character. This little academy arc was fun and once again the details of what happened 100 years ago are as compelling as ever, it answered one question but opened up many more. Kind of drunk crying Gil was one of my favorite moments, hes so emotional and open with his feelings to Oz, that its really one of the most well done aspects of Pandora Hearts.

Only area where this series doesnt excel at are the actual "fight" scenes, so much emphasis is placed on the plot, history, and some emotional drive in the characters, that they have consistently failed to deliver in that regard. If the writer could only give it a little bit more power.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pandora Hearts 22 - 29
tumblr_m7z609AfQB1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Poor Eliot unable to take opinions. Eliot Nightray must make another appearance again. He is in Gil's league and actually felt, not useless, though Gil is still my favorite character. This little academy arc was fun and once again the details of what happened 100 years ago are as compelling as ever, it answered one question but opened up many more. Kind of drunk crying Gil was one of my favorite moments, hes so emotional and open with his feelings to Oz, that its really one of the most well done aspects of Pandora Hearts.

Only area where this series doesnt excel at are the actual "fight" scenes, so much emphasis is placed on the plot, history, and some emotional drive in the characters, that they have consistently failed to deliver in that regard. If the writer could only give it a little bit more power.

If you're looking for good fights then you're not going to get it. PH is much more about plot, history, and characters that fights become a quick one-off between Chains. So yeah... How did you like the Academy arc?

If you're looking for good fights then you're not going to get it. PH is much more about plot, history, and characters that fights become a quick one-off between Chains. So yeah... How did you like the Academy arc?

Kind of my favorite arc so far. Really the introduction and use of Eliot brought something that was missing from the series, and the tone of everything was well done. I liked how Jack V. was brought back out.

Cradle of Monsters 35

Oh shit. If blind girl has any awesome kung-fu up her sleeve now would probably be the time to use it.

Nisekoi 36

fCUP6.png

Well, at least Tsugumi's being completely excluded, that's something I guess.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kind of my favorite arc so far. Really the introduction and use of Eliot brought something that was missing from the series, and the tone of everything was well done. I liked how Jack V. was brought back out.

Ah. From this point onwards, it's going to get crazy. It's pretty much non-stop plot progression at full speed.

scy

I will be the official captain of Team Mari if I have to. Has anyone else taken that position yet? Is that your post, Survivor?

I was all aboard Mari when I thought she'd be the token yandere. Now it seems like she's just the obligatory different accent girl.

I cheer for Onodera second because she is the underdog. You gotta root for the cute underdog!

Her reaction faces-fu is indeed god tier. A shame she's not that interesting of a character.

Poor girl. Destined to be last place in the harem by virtue of not being chosen by a key.

Naw, the young chick hasnt had any real buildup romantically. Its gotta be co-worker girl. He's gonna have some fucked up sexual healing relationship with her

alternatively the writer could end up trolling us all into a different dimension by making risa next in line

Wait, I think I'm confused since I can't remember most of the names. Spoiler is apparently who I meant by "co-worker girl."

Nisekoi 36

They're going to discover Tsugumi's real parents, and it will turn out that her father is the person who made the pendant and keys.

Barrage 9

Poor old man, the civilians in this series are hurt pretty badly. Alien suppression is more intense than I expected to them, and well human suppression is just as bad, at least, for Astro and that flashback.

In present time, I do wonder what other skills his weapon has.

---

I like how fast Viz is now with getting the special chapters, next week the naruto one in sjalpha, and they started Blue Exorcist at the end of the arc, at chp 33.

upandaway

Poor girl. Destined to be last place in the harem by virtue of not being chosen by a key.
Can't wait for a cliffhanger where Tsugumi opens a drawer, sees a key, goes "huh, did i ever have this before" and the chapter ends

Hell at this point practically any form of any key in combination with any person will be the best cliffhanger ever. It's so easy.

Nisekoi
Marika makes the first move. Haters gonna hate.
You mean the kiss? I hope you're not forgetting a certain incident involving 1 hot spring and 1 hairy ass.

survivor

Banned
I will be the official captain of Team Mari if I have to. Has anyone else taken that position yet? Is that your post, Survivor?

I cheer for Onodera second because she is the underdog. You gotta root for the cute underdog!

I think Kurita was the first person to go team Marika

scy

Can't wait for a cliffhanger where Tsugumi opens a drawer, sees a key, goes "huh, did i ever have this before" and the chapter ends

Hell at this point practically any form of any key in combination with any person will be the best cliffhanger ever. It's so easy.

Shuu as the final boss.

plannedwzjfi.png

survivor

Banned
Steel Ball Run vol 1

Man, this looks so much better than part 1 and 2. Plus I really love the settings and the racing competition.

The art was very messy sometimes, especially with all the horses so it was a bit hard to follow some of the action scenes. I hope Araki fixes that somehow

Articalys

More despair.
The Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine editor of Kôji Kumeta's Joshiraku manga announced on Twitter on Saturday that the 30th and final volume of Kumeta's Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei manga will add 15 new pages on August 17. The volume will add 13 pages in the all-new chapter "30x" epilogue and two more pages to chapter 301. The book's first-pressing edition will also include full-color art.

Apocalypse no Toride 5

New guy seems cool. Seeing 2 seconds into the future though? I didn't think there would be any supernatural elements in this. Oh well, could have potential.

Nozomi to Kimio 1-5

This is a classy series that only classy people read. It's kinda like Aku no Hana if it were a borderline h-manga. Kinda. Maybe.
Okay not really.

Apocalypse no Toride 5

DayZ mod installed. Not sure what incentive they'll have to go back to the prison if they make it to the garrison, but hey.

Narutaru V10

What the flying fuck.
You should probably stop now.

Angry Grimace

Ruri > Chitoge > Tsugumi = Mari > Onodera

Onodera is only good for cute reactions, she's the most boring girl by far otherwise. She needs to have her father be the head of the Military or something to improve.

58bOZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom