• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of disappointed it's only 5 chapters. I actually liked the pairing. A lot more than I like Nozoki Ana anyway.
Hm? The first 3 chapters were effectively a oneshot in 3 parts. Then it actually got serialised and it's still ongoing as I understand it. There's certainly more than 5 chapters anyway.

Taruranto

Narutaru - Teh End

Uh? Ok.

I feel like Kitoh wanted as much as despair as possible, but the whole thing just felt awkward and rushed.
Bokurano ending was pretty much perfect, everything came together at the end, here... not so much.

scy

Hm? The first 3 chapters were effectively a oneshot in 3 parts. Then it actually got serialised and it's still ongoing as I understand it. There's certainly more than 5 chapters anyway.

...wait, what?

Edit: Well I'll be damned. And yeah, I was just thinking of the 3 "chapter" oneshot. Well now...

CatPee

Nozomi to Kimio is being serialized? Fuck yes. Nozoki Ana became boring as fuck and this one seems like it has more potential.

SmutGaf should read Saru Lock.

Already read it, actually stuck on volume 11, volume 12 isn't out in France yet :(

Actually there isn't that much smut in SL, it's more like the devious fantasies of Onizuka in SJG/GTO than straight-up sex.

"Hey you wanna se a guy with a boner picking a lock ?" <-- that was epic

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Already read it, actually stuck on volume 11, volume 12 isn't out in France yet :(

Actually there isn't that much smut in SL, it's more like the devious fantasies of Onizuka in SJG/GTO than straight-up sex.

Is he picking it with his boner? this is important.

I am stuck with scanlations. :(

Love this manga.

Is he picking it with his boner? this is important.

Alas, no. Our MC is half naked with a boner because of the naked girls who cuffed him because of his actions in a previous chapter which prevented them from fucking a friend of his. This line is said by said friend.
I am stuck with scanlations. :(

Love this manga.
Sorry, I mixed up 12 with volume 21. We're pretty far in in fact.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Alas, no. Our MC is half naked with a boner because of the naked girls who cuffed him because of his actions in a previous chapter which prevented them from fucking a friend of his. This line is said by said friend.

How disappointing.
My quest for lock picking boners must continue. :(

upandaway

You still doing this judgmental shit? Grow up.
That moment where I think something means something and then I read the replies and realize it doesn't mean that something at all.

Also in unrelated news, that moment where I assume I have x chapters to read of a series (and plan my weekend around it) and then discover it's actually well into the xx. Welp, guess I'm not doing that anytime soon.

Kreed

Beelzebub:

Now you're not making sense. I said Beelzebub was okayish. The jokes, punchlines and direction don't really get to me. I can still see why people enjoy it though.

The part of my post you quoted was in reference to this exchange:

Psyren, St&rs, Barrage, all the interesting series I like in wsj get early terminations :/ was hoping they would exceed 200 chps at least.

Instead we still have beelzebub...

Btw, I love your ava survivor.

You've explained your opinions better now, but in that exchange you make it seem as if you would have preferred if Beelzebub get canceled over the mangas DTL listed. If that's true, that's fine it's your opinion, but don't tell me I'm not making sense with that portion of the post you quoted just because you've elaborated more on your original statement.

Because I can also have my own thoughts.

Giving your own thoughts is fine, but the part of my post you quoted and your response gave the impression that I didn't know Beelzebub was an action/comedy series.

What I meant though, is that the highlights should not be its jokes with such a drop-off into the action. Gag mangas stand on their comedy, action comedies should not. And Beelze stands way to heavy on its jokes.

Chasing popularity/what's popular is pretty much "par the course" for Jump mangas though. Other than Gintama and Hunter X Hunter, I can't think of many Jump series that haven't changed focuses/plot based on what readers enjoyed most about the series and or to save the series from cancellation. It would be nice if Beelzebub could be more like Gintama in terms of it's balance of action and comedy but Beelzebub 's author is clearly more suited to comedy than action and has proven this time and time again as his comedy shines and his action takes the quality of the series down. Whether Beelzebub should or "should not" do this is irrelevant if the series is more popular for one half of it's genre over the other.

Never said anything about cancellation nor do I think it should be canceled. I was responding that standing on the comedy is not a healthy prospect and I disagree with that possible jump reaction; it is just okayish from my standpoint.

The main reason I responded to Thud was because he stated (or implied) that Beelzebub deserved to be cancelled over Psyren, without even acknowledging the comedy and faulting it on it's "weakest/least enjoyable" points. It's like saying "One Piece is terrible, there's not enough fan service and the series isn't as funny as X comedy manga that was canceled years ago". Why criticize an action shounen series and not acknowledge the plot or the battles?

If you don't like Beelzebub or think it's "okayish" that's fine, but if you're going to criticize the series, at least acknowledge the comedy part of the series, especially when it's the part most people enjoy most (I know you have now Thud, just referring to your older posts).

gunbo13

It's just a joke. Relax.
YOU RELAX!

You're right though. I have never had sex with a girl from a manga. It's amazing but somehow the biggest issue is that I keep getting rejected...and that doesn't even make any sense.
it was pretty funny tbh
Meh. I'll give him some props though cause his statement has two possible contexts.
/clever points
That moment where I think something means something and then I read the replies and realize it doesn't mean that something at all.
I think it was that "something" and not the...uh "not something"... Yet, my overblown response still works on both levels. I never change my aggressive tone so I'm invulnerable to under or over-reading the situation. Get it?
Giving your own thoughts is fine, but the part of my post you quoted and your response gave the impression that I didn't know Beelzebub was an action/comedy series.
This is the problem with the quoting system. Quoting automatically on forums means "retort" even when the foundation of posting is "commenting." Oh wait, off topic. It was just the first line in my response. I'm not like insulting your intelligence with an opening statement of my own. Just stating.

Stupid forums...
Whether Beelzebub should or "should not" do this is irrelevant if the series is more popular for one half of it's genre over the other.
I won't argue that "now." But I've said before that I question the sustainability of how Beelze is moving. The fights were actually pretty damn good back in the delinquent era. Now they are just awful with most fights literally being jokes themselves. That runs out of steam eventually.
If you don't like Beelzebub or think it's "okayish" that's fine, but if you're going to criticize the series, at least acknowledge the comedy part of the series, especially when it's the part most people enjoy most (I know you have now Thud, just referring to your older posts).
There's no question Beelze is funny. That's why I turn the pages...or swipe...ah never-mind.

Dresden

So did something actually happen in GE? I dropped it like thirty chapters in. Looked like he wasn't even fucking the black haired girl. Fucking manga.

Solune

Psyren
I finished this series over the spring. It's awesome. Which reminds me..

Claymore
I'm on ch 102.. so close but I dont want it to end yet!

Deadman Wonderland
I needa get on this afterwards..
Psyren's ending was so rushed but it was pretty good.

As for Claymore, there's still a little more catching up to do!
I'll take Medaka Box over Pysren any day honestly. Psyren should have been given a legitimate ending, though :(

(Grown) Mari x Ageha ending please!

Again!! 15-18

5kGQB.png

Admit it, you'd do that too if you jumped back in time.

Soul Cartel 17
They suit up Si hun in some garish outfit yet the sister gets some fancy clothing that is not even seemingly suited for the underworld...well at least Si hun has more power, because thus far the third hand is better than her onslaught of elemental talismans.

survivor

Banned
Idol no Akahon vol 1 End

dz477.jpg

I recognized the art style instantly since all the girls looked similar to the ones in Seitokai Yakuindomo. The girl in the middle is pretty much an exact copy of Shino, they even have similar names. One surprising difference is the girl on the left isn't a Suzu clone, so that means no more "you are short" jokes, oh well didn't really miss them. Their manager was also an exact copy of Tsuda.

This is pretty much just Seitokai Yakuindomo but about a group of 3 idols instead of high school students. They use the same style of dirty jokes from Seitokai Yakuindomo and they even recycle them even though this manga only has 20 chapters.

One thing that is interesting is that in the Seitokai Yakuindomo anime there was one episode where Suzu was watching a group of idols going to a haunted school. I wonder if the idols were from this manga making a cameo appearance.

Kusagari

Zerozaki Soushiki's Humanity Test:

So, one of my friends told me about this. It's a new manga by Nisio.

As you might expect, it's virtually incomprehensible. I can't tell you what the hell was going on in these first 2 chapters. The main guy is pretty badass, though, and the art is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom