• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I AM A HERO VOLUME 9 PAGE 191 and a few after that.

That... is... so...

........fucked up beyond any fucked up.

Appropriate for the manga, but still... extremely fucked up. Wow.

Dresden

strings dolls

So this dude's sister is crippled (and moe), and when they find a 'game' that lets them control the movements of people with the touch of a screen, he uses it to help her walk--until, of course, someone else with the game pops up and tosses her into the river. MIND GAMES ensue.

Didn't really dig it much but I guess I'll keep reading for now. Art is rather derp.

iQmIF.png

Articalys

A bit of early WSJ info:

-bottom 3 series are Koisome Momiji, Pajama na Kanojo, Sensei no Bulge.

-apparently, Bleach had to go on an emergency absence and will be replaced by a one-shot this week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A bit of early WSJ info:

-apparently, Bleach had to go on an emergency absence and will be replaced by a one-shot this week.

One of Tite Kubo's assistants accidentally drew backgrounds and he needed extra time to white them out

Kusagari

A bit of early WSJ info:

This, of course, happens when Bleach is actually interesting for once.

sometimes when i read about mangaka being ill, i think it's just a cold or a case of the flu.

i wonder if people think mangaka might be real sick because they read too much shonen manga where sick=dead/reason for losing/etc

man idk.

Wiseblade

sometimes when i read about mangaka being ill, i think it's just a cold or a case of the flu.

i wonder if people think mangaka might be real sick because they read too much shonen manga where sick=dead/reason for losing/etc

man idk.

It's more that Manga authors have crazy schedules, so it can be pretty easy to get run down.

Solune

man idk.

Well, you never know because you can have cases like Hoshino and D.Gray Man or Kawashima after Alive: The Final Evolution

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

man idk.

If we're going by manga tropes, perhaps Kubo walked out into the rain for 20 seconds without an umbrella.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
No Bleach? Damn.
At least I still got Toriko. Kubo sure has problems with his health though... Hope he has a speedy recover.

Big One

Banned
Personally I'm glad Bleach is off as it'll give a chance for Kubo to actually potentially draw more than rejected Kingdom Hearts characters in "cool" anime poses. Also it gives time for Kubo to think about how he's going to end Bleach so he can finish Zombie Powder.

Kurita

I Am a Hero volume 2
I-am-a-hero_couv_2.jpg

The first volume was kind of slow, but in this one a lot of stuff is happening.
Zombies everywhere, the fights were really good, the mood is weird as hell. It's raining, nobody understands what's going on, everybody get bitten.
And the end... shieeeeeet, zombies in the train.

Pandora Hearts 29

The most annoying thing is whoever wrote it consistently spells it as "Tradegy of Sabrie"...and when the phrase is used upwards of ten times it gets really annoying. Otherwise Rufus is really annoying.

Lain

Narutaru - Teh End

Uh? Ok.

I feel like Kitoh wanted as much as despair as possible, but the whole thing just felt awkward and rushed.
Bokurano ending was pretty much perfect, everything came together at the end, here... not so much.

I felt the ending of Narutaru was perfect, probably one of the best ending of any manga I've read.
Sure, there is a lot of despair, but there is also some well deserved retribution, death and rebirth of the earth and hope for a new, better future.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I Am a Hero volume 2
I-am-a-hero_couv_2.jpg

The first volume was kind of slow, but in this one a lot of stuff is happening.
Zombies everywhere, the fights were really good, the mood is weird as hell. It's raining, nobody understands what's going on, everybody get bitten.
And the end... shieeeeeet, zombies in the train.

Quite probably the best zombie manga there is.

Wait until volume 9: a truly fucked up thing is shown. I literally said "Holy shit!" when I saw it.

Westlo

Hey Hayate readers, a q. If I stopped reading after Athena's arc... Any point in catching up? Or has the manga continued to regress?

Kusagari

I felt the ending of Narutaru was perfect, probably one of the best ending of any manga I've read.
Sure, there is a lot of despair, but there is also some well deserved retribution, death and rebirth of the earth and hope for a new, better future.

I didn't have a problem with the ending itself so much, but, as someone who read it recently, the way it led into the end annoyed me a lot.

The setup for Shiina finally breaking was just an absurd sequence of events that seemed like Kitoh wanting to just hurry up and get the manga over with.

Binbogami-ga ! 1-17

It's quite funny, I like it. Also :

TvTropes said:
Binbougami-ga! ("The Goddess of Misfortune!") is an ongoing 2008 comedy manga written and illustrated by Yoshiaki Sukeno for Jump Square, with an Animated Adaptation by Sunrise (with direction by Yoichi Fujita, the same one behind Gintama, and musical score by Masashi Hamauzu of Final Fantasy XIII fame) as part of the Summer 2012 Anime lineup.

Need awesome string instruments music *_*

Hey Hayate readers, a q. If I stopped reading after Athena's arc... Any point in catching up? Or has the manga continued to regress?

There hasn't been anything as important as that arc, but cool stuff went on and a rather big change happened. It still progresses at a super slow pace though, so whatever you want to do.

Angry Grimace

I'm inclined to believe what was said about about people taking author illness way too seriously (probably because they read so much manga where nobody has an illness other than a horribly debilitating one). The schedules on getting these chapters out every week is pretty hectic from what I've seen; I have to imagine if you lose 2 or 3 days to a cold, you're probably going to miss the deadline unless you're weeks in advance on your chapters.

Angry Grimace

Sucks. Not everyone plans ahead. :I

I'm sure its not as ridiculous as Bakuman where like he had to go to the hospital due to overwork, but still, putting 15+ pages out per week plus getting it edited/approved has got to be a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom