• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

I didn't have a problem with the ending itself so much, but, as someone who read it recently, the way it led into the end annoyed me a lot.

The setup for Shiina finally breaking was just an absurd sequence of events that seemed like Kitoh wanting to just hurry up and get the manga over with.

Yeah, same here.

gunbo13

Still don't give a shit about Bleach, however.
These are the types of comments that are making him ill. Keep it up you oni.
I'm inclined to believe what was said about about people taking author illness way too seriously (probably because they read so much manga where nobody has an illness other than a horribly debilitating one). The schedules on getting these chapters out every week is pretty hectic from what I've seen; I have to imagine if you lose 2 or 3 days to a cold, you're probably going to miss the deadline unless you're weeks in advance on your chapters.
Agreed. You have to take this stuff with a grain of salt considering the "illness" reports that come from the Japanese game/anime/manga industry. He's sick just like how most of us are sick when we don't go to class or call out of work. It's a sliding scale. Which means the people in this thread are trying to play mom with Kubo telling you how sick he is and can't do his work.

survivor

Banned
Was this picture of a random schedule confirmed to be legit?
VIAI5.jpg

Well Kubo actually does suffer from depression so...
He had severe depression, when he was doing Zombie Powder. That´s not the case anymore.
No, Bleach, why!? Goddammit. Would've preferred Naruto going on break instead. :mad:

Rumors says that Kubo has pneumonia.

All these people getting worried about Kubo make me worry what would happen if an actual good mangaka got sick.

Since Kubo is great and not just good, the reaction for a good mangaka would be very timid in comparison.

survivor

Banned
The real question is : will survivor keep an avatar for more than two days ?
My avatars folder has 112 items, I still got few more to cycle through

One of the ones he had on the day he was changing the avatars alot was really cool but I couldnt save it in time before it changed again :( couldnt even ask what series it was from.
What did it look like? I probably still have the source and the name

Kurita

Kuroko's Basket volume 4
The match was great, Kuroko doing a Devil Bat Hurricane-like pass...
Off to wait two months for the next volume.

upandaway

Assassination Classroom

So he's smart as hell too, I can roll with that. I guess they can put smart kids in the class if they act bad.

Also, isn't it really dangerous to eat something cooked with missile flames

Karate Minoru

Hahaha, seriously.

Will be great to see how Minoru loses this. His loses are as good as his wins.

Was this picture of a random schedule confirmed to be legit?
It's the Nurarihyon schedule. His art gets pretty crazy when he means business, and Nurarihyon probably requires some decent research, so maybe his schedule is a bit more ridiculous than average.

Plus he might just be a workaholic who hates sleeping.

Cradle of Monsters 36

Huh. I was kidding about blind girl doing some close combat, but she was a few seconds away from doing just that. Kasuga will survive gasoline flare lady somehow, for better or worse.

I set my avatar by mood. Today is...shoujo maid.

I promised someone on gaming side ages ago I wouldn't change my avatar. Annoyingly I can't remember who it was.

Holy shit, I've got myself a premise for an awesome manga.

scy

So of all the manga I need to catch up on, I for some reason chose Umi no Misaki.

This wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

Edit: On that note, that was a lot of boning.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So its
his brother
I think.

But we saw his brother dead.

Heh, I guess that throws out
Obito

hahaha and you all were so sure.
It doesn't throw Obito out at all because we literally don't know any of Tobi's backstory at all because we don't know who he is. We don't know any of Madara's backstory either, really, including when/how he legitimately died. At the very least, we know that he was alive fairly recently since he was aware of Nagato's existence at some point after he obtained the Rinnegan and it doesn't seem likely that Nagato was older than Kakashi is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like death would stop anything.

No, but I doubt it's just his brother straight up. It could be, but there'd have to be some kind of twist going on there, I imagine.

gunbo13

I promised someone on gaming side ages ago I wouldn't change my avatar. Annoyingly I can't remember who it was.
That was me and I release that promise. Go with a TWGOK girl cause that's what the rookies do. You want to start out slow.
NiseGAF, coming soon.
Who's got the key to survivor's avatar? Who "wants" the key to Haly's. And DTL...................
So of all the manga I need to catch up on, I for some reason chose Umi no Misaki.

This wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

Edit: On that note, that was a lot of boning.
That's because we mentioned it the other day and you said you would! Ha! I didn't believe you actually would go through with it though...

Oh, so he decided to cash in on the "ultimate male fantasy?" I bet it wasn't very entertaining since the girls look really off in a lot of ways...

scy

Oh, so he decided to cash in on the "ultimate male fantasy?" I bet it wasn't very entertaining since the girls look really off in a lot of ways...

They added a girl (sort of). Which I think is supposed to stir up trouble but I think it's already hand waved off.
The actual reincarnation of the Shrine Maiden that was with the Dragon God. Our introduction is him flashbacking/remembering boning her. Yup. Because that's the best way to do this.

So basically that for a few chapters.
Seriously though, there's like 7 or 8 chapters during the arc that's basically a lot of almost sex/actual sex.

gunbo13

So basically that for a few chapters.
Seriously though, there's like 7 or 8 chapters during the arc that's basically a lot of almost sex/actual sex.
All the girls suck though except for the movie chick and the closet
otaku.
Actually, just the movie chick. The art for the girls also IMO is pretty ugly.

The manga is only funny for:
ULTIMATE MALE FANTASY

scy

The art for the girls also IMO is pretty ugly.

Yeah :/ I'm really just reading it still since, hey, I've put in 100 chapters already.

ULTIMATE MALE FANTASY

Their level of undying love for him is surreal. His momentary panics ("Love me or because I'm the Dragon God?!") are practically irrelevant with everything else. Hell, he even says at one point he doubted he was the Dragon God but just went with things. This being after finally sleeping with one of them.

If nothing else, the recent "new" girl makes it seem like a twisted and cruel NTR story.

Azure J

All the girls suck though except for the movie chick and the closet
otaku.
Actually, just the movie chick. The art for the girls also IMO is pretty ugly.

ULTIMATE MALE FANTASY

I remember when I picked it up early on, it was fun enough and that whole laid back island life style angle is just my kinda thing. I recently took a look at where it all went and well, it really isn't anything to write home about. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom