• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Naruto D

Another chapter of eye cancer. Characters finally using thought in this manga is pretty good but anything involving Uchiha in some form or another is pretty much instantly shit no matter what you can do. As if Tobi being Obito (name anagram, people) wasn't so obvious already, Kishimoto insists on making readers wait as I continue to read terrible Future Sasuke/Sasuke's Dad theories from the fanbase in hope that I could reconcile the possibility that Kishimoto isn't completely fucking nuts and can still make a decent twist instead of a twist that doesn't make any legitimate sense whatsoever outside of Kingdom Hearts sensibilities.
D? You're on a wind-up lad. It was was slighty higher than average. C at the lowest, especially considering all the Sasuke tripe we've got recently.

Big One

Banned
D? You're on a wind-up lad. It was was slighty higher than average. C at the lowest, especially considering all the Sasuke tripe we've got recently.
1. Random asspull powers that make no sense
2. Fundamental problems with Tobi being Obito
3. Uchiha being the worst villain family/group/thing in all of fiction

Yeah, not even close to being "slightly higher than average" I'd say it's even worse than the previous chapters which were just build-up to the showdown and were decent but not as terrible as Naruto usually is. This is how Naruto usually is.

Desmond

1. Random asspull powers that make no sense
2. Fundamental problems with Tobi being Obito
3. Uchiha being the worst villain family/group/thing in all of fiction

Yeah, not even close to being "slightly higher than average" I'd say it's even worse than the previous chapters which were just build-up to the showdown and were decent but not as terrible as Naruto usually is. This is how Naruto usually is.
1. Which jutsu/powers?. Remember I'm specifically talking about 596. Besides, Kamui's been around for yonks.

2. Tobi is Tobi as things stand.

3. I concur.

Kabuto

Madara lived long enough to know about Nagato. It's completely conceivable he lived up to the point where Obito got crushed.
But why would Madara want to know about a random Uchiha kid?
Naruto: yeah Tobi is probably Obito. Kind of a cop out but if Kishi's explanation is somewhat reasonable it could be cool.

Kusagari

But why would Madara want to know about a random Uchiha kid?

Hell if I know. I have numerous issues with Tobi being Obito. Issues that I have no idea how Kishimoto will explain without major retcons.

I was just saying Madara being around to possibly know about him isn't one of them.

Akito

One Piece
The normal (?) fruits turning to what appears to be devil fruits is very intriguing. It's fucking time to break free.

Articalys

Full TOC for this week's Jump:

One Piece (Lead CP)
Naruto
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu!! (Center Colour)
Sket Dance
Toriko
Cupid of Love Yakeno Harajin (Center Color, Oneshot)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Nisekoi (Center Colour)
Takamagahara
Kuroko no Basket
My Mom is a Spy (Oneshot)
Gintama
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Reborn!
Medaka Box
Kurogane
Koisome Momiji
Pajama na Kanojo
Sensei no Bulge

Absent: Bleach

----------------------

Looks like there's going to be some sort of Rurouni Kenshin oneshot next issue, presumably to hype up the live-action movie on the 25th.

Naruto

How is Kakashi standing after using Kamui so many times?

One Piece

Loved the color spread. Seems Chopper is going to free Luffy and company.

Naruto

How is Kakashi standing after using Kamui so many times?

Finally got his shounen powerup

and he let his family die... for what reason?

Doesn't give a flying fuck anymore since its not his family and might have already suffered?.

His talk about ending pain, war, suffering etc kinda reeks of someone who suffered harshly due to it and sees the best way to end it by placing the whole world in mass hypnosis. Basically he's cracked and see himself as some messiah

:p

Kabuto

Hell if I know. I have numerous issues with Tobi being Obito. Issues that I have no idea how Kishimoto will explain without major retcons.

I was just saying Madara being around to possibly know about him isn't one of them.
My thoughts exactly. Every week that Kishi hints at Obito makes me wish that he's just kidding. I remember talking about this Obito rumor back in like '09 and I still think it's dumb.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

I think they left out a page. Hmm

EDIT: Yep, they're missing the 2nd to last page. You can tell because the scanlation ends with two right-sided pages, which obviously isn't correct

Gabroni

Banned
Reread Yotsuba and World Only God Knows...

By the power of Grey Skull, Mari and Kowaii-san need to hook up so Yotsuba can be all adorbs on Keima when he tries to game. Weiss can't mess with her because she's got a gun AND a cardboard robot friend

(I wish)

One Piece

am I the only one who reads Cesear's laugh as "TROLOLOLOLO~"
It's been a while since Chopper got a role in an arc so I'm excites~I'm guessing the format will be like the last season (pre New World) where each arc corresponded with a crew member.

I bet One Piece is the adventure of trying to find treasures worth more than material or statical gain. Can't wait for Laboon and Brook to meet up after 50 yr

One Piece

Well the slime is gone but that gas is bad news plus Ceasar could be able to control it too.

Interesting seeing that fruit change plus i guess the plan will still go on even though they got captured. And it does seem like a page is missing somehow near the end due to chopper not reading the paper that was thrown to him.

Also LOL @ Robin being so meta about the running.

Kusagari

One Piece:

Glad to see Smiley gone. That gas is even more bad news, and seeing the fruit grow back was interesting. Still, I hope the pace of this begins to quicken next chapter.

Oh, and nice to see you again Lucci.

1343825505334.jpg

Big One

Banned
One Piece A

Now THIS is a manga chapter, fuck yeah.

So we got a possible hint of how Devil Fruits are made + Rob Lucci cameo + new future characters + secret shit + Caesar being fucking crazy as shit. Arc is too good right now.

Gabroni

Banned
One Piece:

Glad to see Smiley gone. That gas is even more bad news, and seeing the fruit grow back was interesting. Still, I hope the pace of this begins to quicken next chapter.

Oh, and nice to see you again Lucci.

1343825505334.jpg

I noticed the bird had a tie before I noticed Lucci also (he just wants a piece of Robin cause she's well-aged and legal)

Halloween Town - party time 1
tumblr_m82vidyts21qbxqfpo1_250.png

Well this is a shoujo I could read all day. We need more with this type of all dude cast. I love the character designs and the supernatural mix thrown in to them, one is a half human half werewolf, another is clearly a human and a ghost, and there is some monster they are trying to get. So far all of them are pretty silly together though thats just from the first chapter. Glad I checked it out and cant wait to see more.

survivor

Banned
Halloween Town - party time 1

Well this is a shoujo I could read all day. We need more with this type of all dude cast. I love the character designs and the supernatural mix thrown in to them, one is a half human half werewolf, another is clearly a human and a ghost, and there is some monster they are trying to get. So far all of them are pretty silly together though thats just from the first chapter. Glad I checked it out and cant wait to see more.

Skimmed through the first chapter and it has decent art plus I really like the cover for the second volume
iEXZq.png

Will read whenever the translations are done for both volumes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Whoa, so this tells us what happens to Devil Fruits after a user dies. The "spirit" transfers to the nearest fruit.

For those wondering what happened on the missing page, the note Chopper was hit with says "Don't do anything" and we see the cage with Luffy's group hanging over the Marine soldiers outside.

Sai

we've never seen Tobi with a mangekyo sharingan, despite his constant phase spamming.
  • The technique clearly originates from his right Sharingan.
  • Only the Mangekyou Sharingan is capable of casting techniques of this nature.
  • And it's appearance is always hidden as he uses it.
Means that it's most likely a Mangekyou Sharingan with a Tomoe Seal we'd recognize.

For the record, I'm still betting on Tobi being Izuna. :p

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Guy is awesome. I'm betting that they actually lay another dent at the end of the next chapter.

Bleach

Kenpachi was supposed to do something epic.

One Piece

All according to keikaku? So good.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

The whole Devil Fruit thing tripped the hell out of me. I'm still confused as to what made it appear, I'm guessing it was something related to Caesar's experiment? I don't think it could have been that someone died and the ability was "passed on" into the nearest fruit, since the DF appeared before anyone was actually killed by the gas. Fucking nuts, I can't wait until we get a proper explanation of what happened there.

And the rest of the chapter was awesome, the way Zoro and co. was running had me laughing my ass off... not to mention Robin making fun of their running as well.

EDIT: Oh wait, I get it now.... Smiley must have "died" when he ate the candy and his Devil Fruit ability passed on into those apples. Wow

gunbo13

I kinda liked the beginning from Pajama, I thought it had potential.
Beginning was terrible. I'm dead!, not dead!, coma, book in fairy tale, school idol loves me!, boob grab, let's go on a trip, sunflowers are cool, y0 I'm a magic girl too check my magic clothes, another ghost like me!, ghost meals, guh...

The sad thing is that was indeed the best part.
You finally did it man, after all these years of trying to convince you to read it. Now if only the other person coughgunbocough starts reading it...
Is Solanin some brand of sunscreen?
funny how I related more to AGBTS than Solannin
In HS, you were having
sex with a girl in the toilet
?

It's Wed, what am I doing?

ryan13ts

One Piece

I guess that answers the question of "where do devil fruits come from?", at least partially.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how inanimate objects are able to "eat" Devil Fruits, like the CP9 Boss's Swordaphant and Mr. 4's dog-cannon. I'm hoping that since Caesar was Dr. Vegapunk's old research partner, we'll get some proper explanations regarding some of the mysteries surrounding Devil Fruits this arc.

Naruto

I love fights in this manga. A lot of strategy and planing goes on. Kakashi is brilliant.

one piece

Wait a fucking minute! A normal fruit turned into a devil fruit. What kind of dumb shit is this? There´s no explanation or anything. Besides the gas gas fruit is already eaten by Cesar, and there should not be 2 devil fruits at the same time.
One Piece

Whoa, so this tells us what happens to Devil Fruits after a user dies. The "spirit" transfers to the nearest fruit.
If this is true, than this is much dumber and worse than fan fiction.

Shit, it´s true. Fucking lol.

Naruto

I love when teamwork provides great results. Guy with the futile attack serving as cover for Naruto's epic Rasengan, all at the direction of Kakashi Sensei was actually good, and I liked the arm blast. It took awhile to get there, but I just dont see Tobi having any way to win now. His plan is collapsing, he has no other support nor even any allies, and he already utilized his last ditch surprise effort, unless Madara some how has a change of heart, well this may be ending rather swiftly.

Trevelyon

OP:

Wonder how much the goverment/marines know about the transfer process of the fruits. One would imagine Sengoku would have a normal fruit on hand to capture the mera-mera on the moment of Ace's death (in the event the execution went how it should) so the World Govt would have that power on lock down, but who knows where it transferred to on the battlefield.

Mr. Fix

Wait a fucking minute! A normal fruit turned into a devil fruit. What kind of dumb shit is this? There´s no explanation or anything. Besides the gas gas fruit is already eaten by Cesar, and there should not be 2 devil fruits at the same time.

Huh? Did you expect an explanation in this chapter? You're treating it like it won't be explained later. What? Good lord, Beam, calm down.

survivor

Banned
I wish there was a clean version of both covers, I really like them.
Tried looking around pixiv and bunch of Japanese websites but to no luck, couldn't find a clean version. I did find the cover for the drama CD which is pretty cool and a nice artwork of the characters (have no idea if it's fanart or official)

Is Solanin some brand of sunscreen?
One of these days you will stop trolling and read it

Mr. Fix

OP:

Wonder how much the goverment/marines know about the transfer process of the fruits. One would imagine Sengoku would have a normal fruit on hand to capture the mera-mera on the moment of Ace's death (in the event the execution went how it should) so the World Govt would have that power on lock down, but who knows where it transferred to on the battlefield.

I doubt anyone was carrying a normal fruit to war. This doesn't seem like something everyone would know about. The question is, how does Blackbeard know about it? It's likely that he did, and he didn't arrive until after Ace's death. We'll see.

Tried looking around pixiv and bunch of Japanese websites but to no luck, couldn't find a clean version. I did find the cover for the drama CD which is pretty cool and a nice artwork of the characters (have no idea if it's fanart or official)

Thanks. Nice find, especially the characters one. So awkward having this halloween stuff in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom