• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

One Piece (sorta awkward to post this hours after the fact but hey)

Law's powers are super crazy. He doesn't even have to be near them to control all of their hearts (though I'm very amused that switching hearts = switching the people). I want the switches to stay until (and including) the main fights. I really do.

Really sucks that we couldn't see if he can hit Smoker though.. He went for the backup dudes instead.

Magi

Yeah looks like he was set up to create a war. Shit, I don't even think Kou is behind this. I'm starting to think Kou isn't even entirely involved with the evil organization.

All the one-panel flashbacks of the advisors were really awesome, like seriously. I need a chapter each. Just give it to me.

Can't wait for tomorrow. The start of a new HxH arc. Gonna be so epic
While we still remember HxH

Naruto

....Did I seriously just see a snake with a pipe in its mouth on a throne? Really?

Bleach

Wow...this new villain is fucking badass. Cut that mofo straight in half. :lol

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Damn Law, you're just too awesome. I'm glad we finally got to find out the name of his DF, and boy, is it hella powerful. So basically he can do whatever the fuck he wants within that circle radius? I forsee a tough battle ahead for Luffy if he does have to end up fighting Law. And the body switch thing was crazy, I'm betting we can expect some funny hijinks to come from that. Overall, great chapter.

Naruto:

So Karin is related to Naruto now? Interesting ass-pull. And I'm not too sure what to think about this whole Dragon Sage thing that Kabuto has learned. I'm hoping it at least has some cool techniques, otherwise I still can't see him being a match for either Sasuke or Itachi, much less having to fight both the haxxors together.

Kusagari

Bleach:

I really don't like this new villain. He's just so lame. Hey look at him as he arrogantly kills his mooks for no reason!

And lmao at Kubo trying to make us care about him killing a dude who's most memorable moment is getting defeated by Ichigo's punch.

Bleach

GUBO

Naruto

I knew that the damn frogs were not the only sages. I would believe that every different animal summoning have a sage. Karin being Uzumaki is not surprising. I can´t wait to see Kabuto´s sage mode.

one piece

Brook saves the day.

Desmond

Naruto

....Did I seriously just see a snake with a pipe in its mouth on a throne? Really?

Bleach

Wow...this new villain is fucking badass. Cut that mofo straight in half. :lol

That was great!

One Piece:

Damn Law, you're just too awesome. I'm glad we finally got to find out the name of his DF, and boy, is it hella powerful. So basically he can do whatever the fuck he wants within that circle radius? I forsee a tough battle ahead for Luffy if he does have to end up fighting Law. And the body switch thing was crazy, I'm betting we can expect some funny hijinks to come from that. Overall, great chapter.

Naruto:

So Karin is related to Naruto now? Interesting ass-pull. And I'm not too sure what to think about this whole Dragon Sage thing that Kabuto has learned. I'm hoping it at least has some cool techniques, otherwise I still can't see him being a match for either Sasuke or Itachi, much less having to fight both the haxxors together.

Dragon Kabuto reminded me of the CS2 forms the Sound 5 had. Cool

Khezu

Naruto:

IDK sage mode is pretty powerful by itself, he can dodge the arrows and black flames and all the there attacks easily, plus he seems confident that genjutsu won't get him anymore, either the snakes will break him out, or sage mode can't be genjutsued because of the nature energy. Physically he can smack susan around, and throw them like rage dolls.

Two of them together might be a bit much though.

Solune

SDF Macross: The First vol. 1

Seems like a pretty good retelling the first series with a feel of Do You Remember Love? Minmey is even hotter but is now kinda bitchy. Hikaru also got a bit of a personality transplant and became somewhat arrogant.

The art is good overall, especially the females, but Global and Foker end up looking a bit too old.
Minmay has always been a bitch! But I do feel somewhat sympathetic towards her I suppose.
She was always somewhat arrogant in the beginning wasn't she?
Hikaru is the main protagonist.... Unless you and Reknoc meant Hayase.
I'm still baffled at how underrated Toriko is. I love this manga.

I don't think it's underrated at all. Unless you mean in this thread in particular than yah discussion is limited. I think Cosmic is the biggest fan here.

gunbo13

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

(Oh, and as for the use of the word "Hentai" in the title, I assume it's referring to his perversion, not to H content obviously.)
That's correct. It is his nickname.

But if you read the last chapter...
I'm gonna try SARUYAMA! due to the presence of this very happy screenshot.
It's called Monkey High. No weaboo needed on this one.

It's also a fun series, enjoy.

MCD

Naruto

So red hair = MUST BE FROM THE UZUMAKI CLAN? Sounds dumb but whatever.

Bleach

Bleach new villain is great. No more tricking and trolling, just straight up killing.

One Piece

That shark bite looks painful.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

It has Sasuke in it. It's shit.

Bleach C

Chapter is good, though I'm not a fan of baby Nell back. Easily the worst, most annoying character in the entire series. I'm also not looking forward to Ichigo and crew going back to Hueco Mundo.

One Piece B

Brownbeard was completely unexpected and out there. Though to be fair, I don't ever recall seeing his bottom half in the manga. I wonder how the anime will deal with this if it turned out Brownbeard was always a centaur. The switched hearts are gonna lead to some seriously hilarious hijinks.

Hunter x Hunter A+++

OH SHIT! Kurapika, Chrollo, everyone is there! Oh man this is the best!

One piece

WARM CLOTHES was funny plus Law is mad broken now.

Naruto

Sage Mode appears again...

And i guess lusting after the Sauce/Dr Snakes is an Uzumaki trait now :p

Bleach

The new boss just doesn't give a flying fuck :O

Dude better be this dangerous when he fights Ichigo eventually.

Mr. Fix

Naruto
- Dr. Snakes
- Kabuto being a dragon; I'm ok with this! I just hope he transforms into a legit one later on.
- There's definitely gonna be some conflict between Itachi and Sasuke later on in the fight. Sasuke's clearly out to kill Kabuto.
- Snake-sage? Eh, meh.

One Piece
- Even for a cover page, Oda manages to spread dat info; wonder where Magellan's at.
- So Boss was Brownbeard? Hype deflated. I've always hated this wannabe, I hope they out him in the next chapter.
- Law's so awesome.
- Body switch? Things are about to get messy. I was worried that Law would cut out the hearts.
- Rofl Tashigi.

Bleach
"I don't know who you are... But get off the bed."

"We came here... To declare war on you."

"I dont like... Fights."

"Then why... Are you talking about the future? I want to hear... about now."

images

Big One

Banned
Tobi said Red Hair was an Uzumaki trait. If people ignore that and call asspull what can you do?
Like mentioned other people in Naruto have red hair. It's definitely an asspull. Also since no one gives a shit about Karin, it makes the whole reveal underwhelming.

gunbo13

It's a conspiracy!
On one hand, I was about to run outside and jump in front of the next bus cause I couldn't browse gaf at work. How the fuck can I work for nearly 8hrs in a day? That's just abnormal.

But on the other hand, I was happy about the idea of all the big 3 fans not being able to instantly post their thoughts on the latest achievement in their personal library.

Would not want to do again but even disasters have upsides.

Steroyd

Naruto

Dr Snakes lol, Karin being an Uzumaki... well at least she doesn't have the 1st hokages DNA implanted in her or something.

One Piece

Oh man, Sanji in Nami's body, I can't comprehend how Sanji's going to react when he realises. :lol

And I'm a sucker for when the strawhats have that evil look to, "warm clothes!".

upandaway

Shaman King 207-208

EhTxY.png

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW can you please not use hebrew in my moon manga please, it's uncomfortable

Big Order 1

I absolutely love it when a new setting has a teacher in a relatively older classroom teach the very basics of their universe.

Oh teacher, you are the silliest teach.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
NBs4m.jpg

THE PROBLEM WITH DR SNAKES IS... HE HAS NO PATIENCE.

One Piece

My favorite chapter in this new arc since we first landed. I'm definitely enjoying Luffy's side much more. The more Robin the better. Oh, and even though it's behind the quality in Shonen Jump Alpha is excellent. Much better than the fan stuff.

And just continues to leave me satisfied enough that I have no interest in catching up with Naruto or starting Bleach. Why read when it's almost complaint after complaint every week? I pretty much only read OP and I'm just fine with that.

One Piece

Their "Warm Clothes" faces. priceless.
Law seems way too broken, I wonder how they'll handle him.

Bleach

Decent, some mildly funny moments too

Naruto

Kishi just doesn't give a shit anymore. Dragon sage. The fuck outta here.

One Piece

Their "Warm Clothes" faces. priceless.
Law seems way too broken, I wonder how they'll handle him.

Probably the same way as every villain. They all seem super powerful at first but their weakness is later shown. Besides, wouldn't haki negate almost his entire power?

narudo

god i miss mangastream. these new translators are fucking terrible. i had no idea wtf was going on half the chapter

lol @ dr. snakes though. pretty cool with the dragon sage thing. so with the snake sages and frog sages, whats the last one? the slug sage?

did kabutops say that orochimaru never found the snake sage area? i thought thats where his giant snake summon came from though

Wiseblade

Naruto

If there's one thing that's consistent, same hair colour = related. Naruto and Ino distant relatives confirmed?

One Piece

Body switching? Cool.

Sanji in Nami's body? YES!

Desmond

narudo

god i miss mangastream. these new translators are fucking terrible. i had no idea wtf was going on half the chapter

lol @ dr. snakes though. pretty cool with the dragon sage thing. so with the snake sages and frog sages, whats the last one? the slug sage?

did kabutops say that orochimaru never found the snake sage area? i thought thats where his giant snake summon came from though

He found it but he couldn't master sage mode in his current body

Probably the same way as every villain. They all seem super powerful at first but their weakness is later shown. Besides, wouldn't haki negate almost his entire power?

Well, yeah obviously :lol I just want to know what that weakness exactly is and how they could exploit it. I just can't think of anything you could do against Law. And I have no idea how haki exactly works against devil fruit powers.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

If there's one thing that's consistent, same hair colour = related. Naruto and Ino distant relatives confirmed?

Sure, why not? Kishi can twist it in some way that would make sense. I don't know what's going on in this manga anymore.

He takes the cake for asspulls of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom