• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
narudo

god i miss mangastream. these new translators are fucking terrible. i had no idea wtf was going on half the chapter

lol @ dr. snakes though. pretty cool with the dragon sage thing. so with the snake sages and frog sages, whats the last one? the slug sage?

did kabutops say that orochimaru never found the snake sage area? i thought thats where his giant snake summon came from though

I'm surprised that with how popular Naruto is that a group that actually speaks English hasn't taken up the mantle.

Naruto

Kabuto knowing Sage Mode is really lame. That should have been a special toad technique. It's like how Rasengan was supposed to be this incredibly hard and rare technique that only Jiraiya and Minato knows, but then everyone from Kakashi to Konohamaru started pulling it out of their ass.

Interested to see how Kabuto will be able to fend off Dr. Snakes's Tsukyomi.

Wiseblade

Magi 84

Sinbad's own companions not trusting him after a drink is hilarious.

"Are you sure? I can only show what really happened, you know."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Kabuto knowing Sage Mode is really lame. That should have been a special toad technique. It's like how Rasengan was supposed to be this incredibly hard and rare technique that only Jiraiya and Minato knows, but then everyone from Kakashi to Konohamaru started pulling it out of their ass.

Interested to see how Kabuto will be able to fend off Dr. Snakes's Tsukyomi.

It was already rather suspect that Kabuto personally would be strong enough to fight Dr. Snakes and Zombitachi at the same time. So hey, random power-up.

Pipe-snake is a badass and made the whole dumb chapter worth it.

Naruto 579
tumblr_m18zgkdXlM1r95qxxo1_500.png

I thought the Uchiha's versus Kabuto would have been a simple skirmish that ended quickly, however I was immediately surprised at how deep and intense it is turning out. Unleashing both Susanno's side by side and working in excellent unison, through both mind, body, and kekkaigenkai, I was stunned by the gripping nature of the chapter. Sasuke's research on snakes and putting it to use, impressing Itachi to the extent that he gained a new nickname that has generated excellent moments in the fandom, was pretty endearing, thereby signifying proof of their bond that transcends life and death, which was simply pleasing. Kabuto, combating this, made it epic by unleashing his Sage Mode Dragon form had me amazed. Who would have thought Kishimoto would introduce another user of this jutsu in the manga and with snakes and dragons throughout? I knew Kabuto had some trick left but not like that. Excellent.

Lastly, Suigetsu getting name dropped was cool, as well as Karin being of Uzumaki descent, showing that Sasuke seemed fated to be intertwined with the Uzumaki legacy, was rather compelling. Definitely the plot gets deeper as the action gets intenser, and Im enjoying it greatly.

Big One

Banned
Kishimoto doesn't really know how to make original powers, that's why you get something as lame as Itachi and Sasuke doing Susanoo side-by-side like featured in this chapter. A lot of, "It looks the same, but different." type of BS to justify a lack of creativity.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece B

Brownbeard was completely unexpected and out there. Though to be fair, I don't ever recall seeing his bottom half in the manga. I wonder how the anime will deal with this if it turned out Brownbeard was always a centaur. The switched hearts are gonna lead to some seriously hilarious hijinks.

Isn't it obvious that the centaurs are Law's doing? I mean even Luffy is a centaur right now!

Trojita

Oh and I called Karin being an Uzumaki ever since we got her hair color revealed in that cover.

Diablos54

Don't understand why Kishi couldn't have had Saskue kill Kabuto instead of Orochimaru, it would have made this battle more interesting instead of relying on Sage mode ass pull. Meh, at least twin Susanoo looked pretty cool.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't really care that Karin is related to the Uzumakis, although it's a stupid easter egg. What really doesn't make sense is why they're mostly all dead as it is; Kushina never really implied that they were all slaughtered to the point of the Uchihas.

How long is mysticwhip banned for?
Mysticwhip isn't banned

Kishimoto doesn't really know how to make original powers, that's why you get something as lame as Itachi and Sasuke doing Susanoo side-by-side like featured in this chapter. A lot of, "It looks the same, but different." type of BS to justify a lack of creativity.

Pretty much, also why Naruto knows 50 different types of Rasengan.

In Part 1 the Mangekyo was actually interesting because it was rarely used since it hinders your eyesight permanently. But then Kishi decides to get around that by giving Dr. Snakes the Eternal Mangekyo and Itachi's a zombie so now they can spam Susanoo in every fight with no consequences! Hooray!

Don't understand why Kishi couldn't have had Saskue kill Kabuto instead of Orochimaru, it would have made this battle more interesting instead of relying on Sage mode ass pull. Meh, at least twin Susanoo looked pretty cool.

If you liked that, wait til next week when Madara uses 25 Susanoos at the same time.

Naruto
okay chapter. Dr.Snakes and Itachi fighting together is weird, seeing itachi yell out to sasuke is something else. Kabuto sage mode is a cool twist I guess. Im just interested in Sasuke's next power up and I hope it replaces Susano because that is the most boring Uchiha power ever.

wait, I just remembered, karin is an uzumaki? lolololoolololol. this red hair=uzumaki bullshit is ridiculous,I know it's target audience is young but it's still pretty dumb, soon we are gonna find out that Sakura is a distant relative to Naruto so he can't fuck her and sasusaku and Naruhina pairings can work.

I wonder how much more fanfcition is being written about Naruto after this chapter.

Bleach
lame,lame lame as fuck. These villains look like movie/filler bitches yo. wack design. some anoying panels artwork wise too.

A girl by the sea
Somewhat interesting plot with horrible character art where everyone looks like fishes or something, don't get me started on the anatomy, oh god.

The Walking Man
soothing manga.I like.

Combine

Banned
Naruto:

Most people were already guessing Karin was an Uzumaki (retroactively it fits, given her abilities and her stamina, being able to survive a Chidori spear through her that killed Danzo), so that really didn't mean much of anything.

I thought Kabuto knowing Sage Mode was a neat touch and it fits the character. Kabuto stated his intentions to Naruto that he wanted to become just like him, so it's only fitting he managed to figure out a way to duplicate Naruto's non-jinchuriki power-up. And yeah, the Pipe-Snake is a badass and it's funny to see that Snakes also know Sage Mode (what about Slugs? Tsunade getting left out again?).

But man, I really hate the new translations because they just suck, though I'm sure "Dr. Snakes" will become quite popular. I really hope we'll get back to the Tobi battle soon, that's the one I want to see now (Madara battle is clearly done with as he's only going to go down with Edo Tensei).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Piece: B+

Man, this arc is off to a good start because it involves two big players that I care about. All the samurai centaur shit? I couldn't care less about it...it's just more of Oda doing what he gotta do to make his arcs filled to the brim. Which, as I've said, is fine. But I don't care about it.

That said, Law, you broken motherfucker! Hax ass powerups. You are awesome. I am interested in seeing how Smoker vs Law is going to play out. It is an interesting matchup to say the least. I just hope we don't get too much focus on the samurai and children stuff in lieu of Law and Smoker screentime.

Naruto: D(r. Snake)

Uh. Okay. This chapter was weird. Translations aside, it had a weird humor to it that has no place in a Dr. Snake/Itachi teamup. Not to mention that this teamup feels more forced than it does anything else. Okay, so Kabuto is in Snake-Sage mode blahdeblahdeblah. It seems retconned, but whatever. Why didn't we get Orochimaru doing this shit? Why did Dr. Snake take him out so easily? If Jugo's body/family is one that has strength and shit and all that, why didn't Orochimaru go for one from Jugo's clan first so that he could have a longer lifespan in that body, THEN go for an Uchiha? Well, whatever. Itachi seemed really out of character here too. I mean, what happened to calm and cool ninja jesus? Is he worried about baby bro?

Karin being a Uzumaki...not an asspull, but who cares? She isn't important. Dr. Snake proved that when he pierced her with his sna...I mean sword. That snake sage picture was ridiculous, but I will accept it. The whole dragon this is completely out of left field, but okay. Fine.

I also love that "studying" = "taking from and applying to my own cells/body...somehow"

Bleach: A

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay, I won't go fanboy here, but this chapter was dope shit. Even I was surprised at the pace/amount of shit that happened in this chapter. I am not ready to say that Kubo is going HARD, because no one of importance has been lost yet. However, this is a step in the right direction, as Kubo is preparing us for what may be some bigger deaths later on. And the war hasn't even started yet.

Speaking of wars, it seems that Kubo finally gets the idea of a war. I'll be the first person to say I enjoyed the FKT arc/fights, but it certainly didn't feel like a war. One chapter into the declaration and this already feels more "war"-ish than all of FKT did. 107 bodies in the span of 3 minutes, and then one of them was a named good guy. Sure, he has no importance in the hearts of fans at all, but he is important to soul society, so that's a start. He's already killed more good guys in his war than Kishimoto has. Sorry, just saying.

Anyway, Nel is back. Awesome. I liked Nel, especially her adult form. Halibel being back? I don't care, never cared about her character, what I do care about however is that this represents the new villain actually being a boss. In that, he isn't just all show, he's already fucking conquered HM and says that it's just one step to destroying Soul Society. So, this new villain obviously does not fuck around, troll, dance around issues, or anything. Suffice to say, he's a badass.

Ichigo and Ishida are going to become enemies soon. Inoue's notice of their growing bond is the foreshadowing for that.

We missed you breh.

Edit: mysticwhip toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Angry Grimace

Naruto:

Most people were already guessing Karin was an Uzumaki (retroactively it fits, given her abilities and her stamina, being able to survive a Chidori spear through her that killed Danzo), so that really didn't mean much of anything.

I thought Kabuto knowing Sage Mode was a neat touch and it fits the character. Kabuto stated his intentions to Naruto that he wanted to become just like him, so it's only fitting he managed to figure out a way to duplicate Naruto's non-jinchuriki power-up. And yeah, the Pipe-Snake is a badass and it's funny to see that Snakes also know Sage Mode (what about Slugs? Tsunade getting left out again?).

But man, I really hate the new translations because they just suck, though I'm sure "Dr. Snakes" will become quite popular. I really hope we'll get back to the Tobi battle soon, that's the one I want to see now (Madara battle is clearly done with as he's only going to go down with Edo Tensei).
I'm getting the impression that the only purpose of all these powers is to vaguely find a way to make Team Snakes relevant to the plot somehow, since they've added basically nothing since they were introduced.

Pretty much, also why Naruto knows 50 different types of Rasengan.

In Part 1 the Mangekyo was actually interesting because it was rarely used since it hinders your eyesight permanently. But then Kishi decides to get around that by giving Dr. Snakes the Eternal Mangekyo and Itachi's a zombie so now they can spam Susanoo in every fight with no consequences! Hooray!

If you liked that, wait til next week when Madara uses 25 Susanoos at the same time.

I dont think you can really compare it to part 1 that much, there were only two Uchiha clan members left. Plotwise it does make sense why there would be more users this time, Susanoo is just a basic technique used by advanced users, I guess I could see a complaint if Rinnegan users also could use Mangekyo and Susanoo, Tobi?

The more Rasengans the better, only three or so characters used it, and at least with the Rasengan most are different than their base form. It never ceases to look cool and be surprising when its employed.

Diablos54

You're not DoomXploder7
Nope... Am I supposed to be?

DTL said:
The more Rasengans the better, only three or so characters used it, and at least with the Rasengan most are different than their base form. It never ceases to look cool and be surprising when its employed.
If by surprising you mean super obvious, then yea, it's super surprising!

And at least 5 people have used it so far, I'm waiting for Tobi to bring it out soon, wouldn't surprise me.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Is Halibel being used as some sort of sex slave ?:( How else would he create arrancars?
I don't think that's it, he's simply taking any of the ones he needs from Hueco Mundo. I'm sure that Halibel proclaimed herself the queen of HM after Aizen fell. New Villain probably captured her to show that he is the new ruler (or at least owns the place now) and as such, can do whatever he pleased with its inhabitants. I wouldn't be surprised if Halibel sent Nel prior to HM's takeover.

Naruto: D(r. Snake)

Uh. Okay. This chapter was weird. Translations aside, it had a weird humor to it that has no place in a Dr. Snake/Itachi teamup. Not to mention that this teamup feels more forced than it does anything else. Okay, so Kabuto is in Snake-Sage mode blahdeblahdeblah. It seems retconned, but whatever. Why didn't we get Orochimaru doing this shit? Why did Dr. Snake take him out so easily? If Jugo's body/family is one that has strength and shit and all that, why didn't Orochimaru go for one from Jugo's clan first so that he could have a longer lifespan in that body, THEN go for an Uchiha? Well, whatever. Itachi seemed really out of character here too. I mean, what happened to calm and cool ninja jesus? Is he worried about baby bro?

Karin being a Uzumaki...not an asspull, but who cares? She isn't important. Dr. Snake proved that when he pierced her with his sna...I mean sword. That snake sage picture was ridiculous, but I will accept it. The whole dragon this is completely out of left field, but okay. Fine.

I also love that "studying" = "taking from and applying to my own cells/body...somehow"

-oro couldn't find/still didn't have a good body
-Dr.Snakes was able to kill oro cuz oro's body needed to switch and was weak as fuck.
-i don't think absorbing the force of nature=longer life but idk i might be wrong, the translation is pretty bad.
-snake sage will fuck your bitch

I dont think you can really compare it to part 1 that much, there were only two Uchiha clan members left. Plotwise it does make sense why there would be more users this time, Susanoo is just a basic technique used by advanced users, I guess I could see a complaint if Rinnegan users also could use Mangekyo and Susanoo, Tobi?

It's not about how many users, it's about how everyone can spam all Mangekyo techniques now because there are no drawbacks anymore.

Also Madara used Susanoo last chapter while the Rinnegan was activated.

Angry Grimace

I like how a character in Bleach dies, but Kubo went out of his way to find the least important named character he could find. Shit doesn't get real when Sasakibe dies, Kubo.

What I want to know is how this makes any goddamn sense - Kabuto is using snake-sage mode right now and Kabuto used to live at Orochimaru's house

Desmond

I don't think that's it, he's simply taking any of the ones he needs from Hueco Mundo. I'm sure that Halibel proclaimed herself the queen of HM after Aizen fell. New Villain probably captured her to show that he is the new ruler (or at least owns the place now) and as such, can do whatever he pleased with its inhabitants. I wouldn't be surprised if Halibel sent Nel prior to HM's takeover.

Oh Ok.

Also, any bets on who'll be Yamamoto's VC? Ichigo?

Tess3ract

Banned
Naruto 579
tumblr_m18zgkdXlM1r95qxxo1_500.png

I thought the Uchiha's versus Kabuto would have been a simple skirmish that ended quickly, however I was immediately surprised at how deep and intense it is turning out. Unleashing both Susanno's side by side and working in excellent unison, through both mind, body, and kekkaigenkai, I was stunned by the gripping nature of the chapter. Sasuke's research on snakes and putting it to use, impressing Itachi to the extent that he gained a new nickname that has generated excellent moments in the fandom, was pretty endearing, thereby signifying proof of their bond that transcends life and death, which was simply pleasing. Kabuto, combating this, made it epic by unleashing his Sage Mode Dragon form had me amazed. Who would have thought Kishimoto would introduce another user of this jutsu in the manga and with snakes and dragons throughout? I knew Kabuto had some trick left but not like that. Excellent.

Lastly, Suigetsu getting name dropped was cool, as well as Karin being of Uzumaki descent, showing that Sasuke seemed fated to be intertwined with the Uzumaki legacy, was rather compelling. Definitely the plot gets deeper as the action gets intenser, and Im enjoying it greatly.

Oh my god, All these fucking words. hahahahahaha

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
-Dr.Snakes was able to kill oro cuz oro's body needed to switch and was weak as fuck.

-i don't think absorbing the force of nature=longer life but idk i might be wrong, the translation is pretty bad.
That's why I said this:
Jugo's body/family is one that has strength and shit and all that, why didn't Orochimaru go for one from Jugo's clan first so that he could have a longer lifespan in that body, THEN go for an Uchiha?
What do you mean he couldn't find a good body? Jugo was in one of Orochimaru's basements waiting to be taken over!
Snake sage is a bitch.

But uh, I don't know if that's how it is either, but it makes sense. Better to take over Jugo's body than some random schmucks, right?

I like how a character in Bleach dies, but Kubo went out of his way to find the least important named character he could find. Shit doesn't get real when Sasakibe dies, Kubo.

What I want to know is how this makes any goddamn sense - Kabuto is using snake-sage mode right now and Kabuto used to live at Orochimaru's house

oro wanted them uchiha genes bad and maybe needed kabuta cuz he was a super useful assistant?

Angry Grimace

Oh Ok.

Also, any bets on who'll be Yamamoto's VC? Ichigo?

Probably nobody. It took them like 5 years to fill the previous Captain vacancies, and they only filled them by letting some old Captains they banished for no reason come back.

Bit of forum crossposting, but I found it funny:

guy on another site said:
So the new villain is a smug fuck with nonsensical plans who kills his own subordinates for no reason and kidnaps semi-important female characters and locks them in his personal rape dungeon. Where have I seen this before?

Oh wait, I know, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING STORY ARC.

Fuck you Kubo, you goddamn hack.

Steroyd

Probably the same way as every villain. They all seem super powerful at first but their weakness is later shown. Besides, wouldn't haki negate almost his entire power?

I believe it would negate the power to be used on them specifically, at least that's what it seems like when Tashigi attacked Law.

Trojita

These terrible translations of the Naruto chapter's give me a headache.

Fuck you Kishi, Nature form if used improperly is supposed to gimp the fuck out of you, now you are saying Jugo used it and he only just went berserk? So all the curse seal people were using Nature power too? Fuck off.

And you give a fucking Dragon Sage mode to fucking Ninja Cards?

Desmond

Probably nobody. It took them like 5 years to fill the previous Captain vacancies, and they only filled them by letting some old Captains they banished for no reason come back.

Bit of forum crossposting, but I found it funny:

Love or Lisa will probably be VC now. :( Goddamnit

Mr. Fix

dude said:
So the new villain is a smug fuck with nonsensical plans who kills his own subordinates for no reason and kidnaps semi-important female characters and locks them in his personal rape dungeon. Where have I seen this before?

Oh wait, I know, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING STORY ARC.

Fuck you Kubo, you goddamn hack.

0NZO4.gif

Angry Grimace

Maybe Oro refused any body besides the rest, aka Kimimaro's.

The problem being that this just means Orochimaru is retroactively a fucking idiot since Kabuto is obviously stronger now than Orochimaru ever was.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Naruto
Seriously, Dr. Snakes? I guess we'll find the real translation in 2-3 weeks when Viz gets the chapter out. Unless they somehow call it that as well.

Bleach
Wow, someone died. ... Who the fuck is he?
*sighs* This is going to be a rescue arc isn't it?

One Piece
Law is cheap as fuck. Makes sense he'd be a Supernova-Warlord.

Angry Grimace

Naruto
Seriously, Dr. Snakes? I guess we'll find the real translation in 2-3 weeks when Viz gets the chapter out. Unless they somehow call it that as well.

Bleach
Wow, someone died. ... Who the fuck is he?
*sighs* This is going to be a rescue arc isn't it?

One Piece
Law is cheap as fuck. Makes sense he'd be a Supernova-Warlord.
If Viz has any sense of humor at all, the translation will be "Dr. Snakes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom