• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wait a second.

Because this guy says he's useless, he therefore is useless?

If your boss called you useless would you agree with him?

If he can't see the use in an arrancar:

1) He's a massive dumbass who just likes to kill before thinking things through.
2) arrancar have, as expected in a badly written battle manga, been downgraded in power.
Again, what are you talking about man?

Yes, he uses them. When he calls them useless, they are now useless to him.

If my boss calls me useless, but I don't agree, that does not change whether or not he finds me useless. I'm sure that Ivan could've came up with many reasons for why he disagrees with the leader. But that doesn't matter, because the leader no longer finds him useful.

If he can't see the use in the arrancar? What? How about this: They are disposable to him. And therefore, when an individual one serves a purpose, he disposes of it. "If I want arrancars...I can get as many as I like"

Notice the use of words here. IF he WANTS arrancers. First thing is that he, in his current state, does not find himself wanting the arrancars. It's a matter of "if"...if it ever comes that he would want arrancars, it would not be a problem. Secondly, "WANT", not "need". Arrancars are not a necessity for him, it is only a matter of if he wants arrancars.

It's really not that big of a deal though. I see where you're coming from. It's cool shit breh.

If my boss calls me useless, but I don't agree, that does not change whether or not he finds me useless. I'm sure that Ivan could've came up with many reasons for why he disagrees with the leader. But that doesn't matter, because the leader no longer finds him useful.

If he can't see the use in the arrancar? What? How about this: They are disposable to him. And therefore, when an individual one serves a purpose, he disposes of it. "If I want arrancars...I can get as many as I like"

Notice the use of words here. IF he WANTS arrancers. First thing is that he, in his current state, does not find himself wanting the arrancars. It's a matter of "if"...if it ever comes that he would want arrancars, it would not be a problem. Secondly, "WANT", not "need". Arrancars are not a necessity for him, it is only a matter of if he wants arrancars.

It's really not that big of a deal though. I see where you're coming from. It's cool shit breh.

Don´t bother. You are just wasting your time.

I agree with you in that he thinks they're useless. But to me that's a short sighted perspective and makes him seem really dumb. To me it's a character flaw but I guess it doesn't bother you, and that's fair enough.

It's still pretty dumb to me regardless :p

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You'd think after making the mistake twice, villains in Bleach would figure out that kidnapping DOESN'T WORK.
Rukia was not "kidnapped". She was taken to be executed and Ichigo took it upon himself to rescue her from her execution.

Aizen kidnapping succeeded for what it was supposed to do. He separated the forces of Soul Society. Some were in FKT, some were in HM.

Secondly, none of us know this for sure, so I can't say it with any assurity, but I'm pretty sure that this new villain did not "kidnap" Halibel. He probably doesn't give a fuck about her but just took her because she was the current "leader" of HM, which he conquered.

But now we would be discussing semantics of a word, which I don't care to discuss anymore anyway. It's okay, Bleach villains are what they are.

I'll be the first to admit that Tsukishima was like an Aizen cutout with a different hax power. But this new villain is nothing like what we've seen before (In bleach, obviously...). Even you yourself said something along these lines: "Finally, a manly Bleach villain that isn't twinkle toe trolling bullshit" (<- Paraphrasing)

Wat. So the entire structure of the manga is now repetitive theme?

Better to leave it alone .
Still i don't think this going to be a rescue arc Nel might tell Ichigo that Hueco Mundo in trouble but i don't think he going to save Harribel.
By the way Aizen was awesome yeah i used talk crap about his trolling but when we first saw him he was great .
New bad guy has a long way to go .

Big One

Banned
I'll be the first to admit that Tsukishima was like an Aizen cutout with a different hax power. But this new villain is nothing like what we've seen before. Even you yourself said something along these lines: "Finally, a manly Bleach villain that isn't twinkle toe trolling bullshit" (<- Paraphrasing)
Well he LOOKS badass, but whether he is or not is yet to be seen. Him doing exactly what Aizen did, only more extreme, isn't really something to show him distinct from others. Under that beard, he has the same exact face as Aizen, Tsuki, and Ginjo.

Bleach
Someone in the gotei 13 died???? Only took like 485 chapters if you don't count flashbacks.

And back to hueco mundo? Yay let's reuse the most boring environment in the show!

Naruto

This is dumb and highly confusing. Not sure if it's the manga's fault or the horrid translation.

One Peace

lol when did Law get so OP?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact that new bad guy just kills random mooks isn't the problem per se, it's more the fact that doing so is a stock device to make you think, "wow this guy sure is evil" combined with the fact that all of the villians are like that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well he LOOKS badass, but whether he is or not is yet to be seen. Him doing exactly what Aizen did, only more extreme, isn't really something to show him distinct from others.
Fact is, it's too early to tell, like you say. He LOOKS to be different from the others in that he cuts the bullshit. Straight up. That is a distinct characteristic as far as Bleach villains go. Whether or not he is like Aizen or whoever is yet to be seen. The dude has been in the manga for two chapters and already people are saying "well, he's just like every single other villain"

He might not even be the big bad of the series. I doubt he is the spirit king, or rather, is the highest of the high in the royal guard. It wouldn't surprise me if he's royalty, though.

gunbo13

Bleach (ch485)

Capno.jpg

Anteater

Shaman King Zero

Hiroyuki Takei will be starting Shaman King -Flowers in april, fuck yeah, so glad he's continuing it. Best year ever

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
SUBTLE. BEAUTY.

Great trollsmirks.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that I really like Law's new outfit and his attitude. He used to be a lot more smiley, now he seems very no-nonsense. It's a good, no great, fit for him. And it sets up great anticipation for Luffy and Law's meeting. I can't help but feel he has a soft spot for all of the strawhats.

Big One

Banned
He might not even be the big bad of the series. I doubt he is the spirit king, or rather, is the highest of the high in the royal guard. It wouldn't surprise me if he's royalty, though.
I can only assume that he is, of this specific portion of the arc. Maybe not the big bad in general, but the big bad of this part of Bleach. Every Bleach arc introduces the big bad initially. Even Fullbringer arc did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fact is, it's too early to tell, like you say. He LOOKS to be different from the others in that he cuts the bullshit. Straight up. That is a distinct characteristic as far as Bleach villains go. Whether or not he is like Aizen or whoever is yet to be seen. The dude has been in the manga for two chapters and already people are saying "well, he's just like every single other villain"

I'm pretty sure that doing evil stuff for the sake of doing evil stuff doesn't qualify as "cut[ing] the bullshit."

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So what happened to the other Karakura guys training with Urahara? Or am O misremembering?
Chad? Inoue? They're fodder now. Well, Chad is. Inoue is towing the line between love-interest-protagonist-is-oblivious-to, pure fodder, and dependable female nakama. Mostly fodder though.

Big One

Banned
Chad? Inoue? They're fodder now. Well, Chad is. Inoue is towing the line between love-interest-protagonist-is-oblivious-to, pure fodder, and dependable female nakama. Mostly fodder though.
When two characters that used to be some of the most important characters in the manga are now considered "fodder," you know Bleach is bad. Sorry bro.

Angry Grimace

They died I think.

They were shown in the Fullbringer arc as being alive.

Arrowlad is usually pretty ineffectual too. He's mostly there just to prove that non-shinigami are vaguely useful in very specific scenarios.

I never thought Chado was an interesting character as it was. He barely even has lines.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
When two characters that used to be some of the most important characters in the manga are now considered "fodder," you know Bleach is bad. Sorry bro.
They were never the most important characters in the manga. They were always "sidekicks" and "friends" Ever since the start.

They got some character development and they're suddenly the most important characters in the manga? Lol

Big One

Banned
They were never the most important characters in the manga. They were always "sidekicks" and "friends" Ever since the start.

They got some character development and they're suddenly the most important characters in the manga? Lol
Both of them were core characters in the very first arc, where it was just: Ichigo, Ichigo's lesbian friend, Orihime, Chad, Ishida, and Rukia. Now it's just Ichigo and a bunch of random characters no one gives a shit about.

I dunno, Tatsuki, Keigo and whatever their names are. Weren't the all like "oh no we have to get stronger" during the Arrancar arc?

They were key during the fullbring arc when Ichigo was going through that emotional stage when everyone was abandoning him, remember Tatsuki and Keigo were imploring for him to apologize to Tsukishima, who saved them from Aizen?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Both of them were core characters in the very first arc, where it was just: Ichigo, Ichigo's lesbian friend, Orihime, Chad, Ishida, and Rukia. Now it's just Ichigo and a bunch of random characters no one gives a shit about.
They were Ichigo's friends. And? They are still around, as Ichigo's friends. They were then, and they are now. Ichigo has always done shit on his own and those he met along the way were just that. He hung with those guys in chapter 1 and he hangs with them in chapter 485.

Oh, and they were also part of the FB arc...but FB was such shit that I often forget its events.

to be fair they were always fodder but their was hope they wouldn't be finally (hell they had a fucking arc for that) but alas.

final chance Kubo, final chance.

Inoue is not fodder man she is the healer of the group ;)
The always going to stick around on way or the another , truth is her power is hax and i wish Kubo does more with it .

They were Ichigo's friends. And? They are still around, as Ichigo's friends. They were then, and they are now. Ichigo has always done shit on his own and those he met along the way were just that. He hung with those guys in chapter 1 and he hangs with them in chapter 485.

Oh, and they were also part of the FB arc...but FB was such shit that I often forget its events.

There were part of every arc in Bleach so far there are Ichigo strike force at the start of the arc until they get beat and death gods take over .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom