• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got mixed feelings about this being Bleach's final arc. On the one hand, I'm glad the story is coming to a close because it hasn't been good for a long time. On the other hand though, I am going to miss some of these characters.

Also, for whatever reason, I still think Kubo has it in him to give me what I want. Today's chapter was decent.

Has he ever though?

I mean, we're talking about a guy who wrote a huge reveal where Isshin turned out to be a shinigami, and then Ichigo tells him, "I don't care about the explanation," so we never get. one. And then, within the same arc, Arrowlad, who lost his powers through the use of his magic glove, is forced by Arrowdad (which was also a big reveal which nobody bothered to explain) to blood-swear that he will never aid the shinigami again, which he immediately does.

WTF are you talking about we saw Dragon just before the time skip.
Vivi no longer has any part to play we will see her on cover or maybe when SH do something big but her part of the manga is done .
We might also her her at the upcoming meeting for the kings .

I guess we just have different views of involvement and not being forgotten surely I cant be the only one to want to know what he said to Nico Robin, as well as what he is doing now, and actually have a role larger than just being seen, at this point in time, over a year ago? A dragon revolutionary arc?

Though what meeting?

Anteater

One Piece

Holy fuck at Law's power and I didn't expect him to have actual good sword skills up until this arc, if Tashigi loses like that it would be disappointing a bit, I expected her to put up a decent fight, but she seems to know Haki.

and Sanji in Nami's body?

HXOq3.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Has he ever though?

I mean, we're talking about a guy who wrote a huge reveal where Isshin turned out to be a shinigami, and then Ichigo tells him, "I don't care about the explanation," so we never get. one. And then, within the same arc, Arrowlad, who lost his powers through the use of his magic glove, is forced by Arrowdad (which was also a big reveal which nobody bothered to explain) to blood-swear that he will never aid the shinigami again, which he immediately does.
This is called ignoring facts.

But no worries, I don't really care. It's not a big deal. I'll keep it short: 1) Ichigo probably doesn't care. So we didn't get one at the time. Bleach isn't over, do you think we will never get one? 2) Ishida technically did not aid the Shinigami. He aided Ichigo, who Soul Society explicitly said they would not help, and therefore was not breaking his promise. Verbal gymnastics, maybe, but it's not nearly the big deal you appear to be making it.

Mr. Fix

I guess we just have different views of involvement and not being forgotten surely I cant be the only one to want to know what he said to Nico Robin, as well as what he is doing now, and actually have a role larger than just being seen, at this point in time, over a year ago? A dragon revolutionary arc?

Though what meeting?

Give it time mang. I'm sure you'll get your answers eventually. That war will have to wait.

2th

Banned
Bleach
Meh. Nothing of value was lost with Choujiro dying.

Naruto
Dragon Sage... wow. Gotta admit that is pretty boss without being the typical Kishi hax. Like this actually makes sense. Toads couldnt be the only ones to know about nature chakra.

One Piece
Law is a complete and total badass. No questions about it now. I like how Brownbeard is now an alligator centaur. Oh and Sanji in Nami's body... The jokes will be glorious.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Has he ever though?

The first few arcs of Bleach were good!

Though what meeting?

We will get a arc with dragon in it , the question is when OP only half way done still a long way to go .
There still got allot of info out there for us to find out .
It only took us 10 years to find out Ace bounty was 550 million .

Has he ever though?

Well this is Bleach last arc i sure Kubo will try and reveal stuff along with giving us back stories of characters .
Still only time will tell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is called ignoring facts.

I don't know what you're referring to here - what facts are you referring to? I don't recall them ever telling us whatever is up with Isshin being a shinigami. Are you talking about the fact that Arrowlad used Jedi Logic to continue being Ichigo's sidekick? I see what you mean there, but it's kind of silly that the very first thing he does after making that promise is render it meaningless.

But no worries, I don't really care. It's not a big deal. I'll keep it short: 1) Ichigo probably doesn't care. So we didn't get one at the time. Bleach isn't over, do you think we will never get one? 2) Ishida technically did not aid the Shinigami. He aided Ichigo, who Soul Society explicitly said they would not help, and therefore was not breaking his promise. Verbal gymnastics, maybe, but it's not nearly the big deal you appear to be making it.

Whether we get one or not is irrelevant. It breaks the suspension of disbelief that Ichigo would just be like, "okay, cool, I don't care."

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I really believe Kubo killed Kishi and started writing for him ever since the start of the ninja war.

Dr Snakes, Ninja Tanks, and Tobi being Obito and ripping Kakashi's arm off.

Bleach: A

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Okay, I won't go fanboy here, but this chapter was dope shit. Even I was surprised at the pace/amount of shit that happened in this chapter. I am not ready to say that Kubo is going HARD, because no one of importance has been lost yet. However, this is a step in the right direction, as Kubo is preparing us for what may be some bigger deaths later on. And the war hasn't even started yet.

Speaking of wars, it seems that Kubo finally gets the idea of a war. I'll be the first person to say I enjoyed the FKT arc/fights, but it certainly didn't feel like a war. One chapter into the declaration and this already feels more "war"-ish than all of FKT did. 107 bodies in the span of 3 minutes, and then one of them was a named good guy. Sure, he has no importance in the hearts of fans at all, but he is important to soul society, so that's a start. He's already killed more good guys in his war than Kishimoto has. Sorry, just saying.

Anyway, Nel is back. Awesome. I liked Nel, especially her adult form. Halibel being back? I don't care, never cared about her character, what I do care about however is that this represents the new villain actually being a boss. In that, he isn't just all show, he's already fucking conquered HM and says that it's just one step to destroying Soul Society. So, this new villain obviously does not fuck around, troll, dance around issues, or anything. Suffice to say, he's a badass.

I am hoping that Kubo knows that creating a guy who can manipulate illusions and cannot die was a bad mistake.

I really believe Kubo killed Kishi and started writing for him ever since the start of the ninja war.

Dr Snakes, Ninja Tanks, and Tobi being Obito and ripping Kakashi's arm off.

No we haven't seen a chapter so far with 5 blank pages and super close-ups that make no sense.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't know what you're referring to here - what facts are you referring to? I don't recall them ever telling us whatever is up with Isshin being a shinigami. Are you talking about the fact that Arrowlad used Jedi Logic to continue being Ichigo's sidekick? I see what you mean there, but it's kind of silly that the very first thing he does after making that promise is render it meaningless.
Alright, "ignoring the facts" may not have been the right words exactly, but I still say that you are saying "He's never had it in him, this is a dude that's done X and Y" when in fact it's really not that big of a deal since the manga isn't over and there have been explanations for things in the past.

Whether we get one or not is irrelevant. It breaks the suspension of disbelief that Ichigo would just be like, "okay, cool, I don't care."
Huh?
DNmKh.png

J3psY.png

And then an explanation of Ichigo's reasons: http://i.imgur.com/ReTfU.png

naruto

Wow terrible chapter. But, karin being uzumaki isn't an asspull, considering her background has been hinted at. the whole she was found after her village was destroyed, her red hair, and worship of the soss. it's just stupid, because, karin needs to take a chidori spear through the gut again.

Bleach

So, he just up and kills 2 of his minions for no real reason at all? Okay. Why did Harribel survive, but, Starrk die? I honestly will never know why we couldn't have had Starrk and his loli partner survive. Nel being back makes me want to drop the manga. Chojiro dieing is of no importance, we barely ever saw him do anything, but, fill up space.

One Piece

LAW IS SO BOSS.

but, why do people keep saying Aces bounty was 550mil? It wasn't stated in the chapter.

scy

gunbo, we have to talk about this problem of yours.

You say problem, I say glorious.

long hair >> short hair, just saying

So, he just up and kills 2 of his minions for no real reason at all? Okay. Why did Harribel survive, but, Starrk die? I honestly will never know why we couldn't have had Starrk and his loli partner survive. Nel being back makes me want to drop the manga. Chojiro dieing is of no importance, we barely ever saw him do anything, but, fill up space.

Breasts.

Azure J

One Piece

Law is more broken than Vanilla Phoenix. I always knew that his power was crazy (hell, it's one of three devil fruit abilities I have as favorites because of how absurdly broken they are), but to take things to even that extent with the body swapping? Godlike. I want to see Smoker's new chops. Tashigi continuing to get trolled in regards to proper fights is kinda eh though.

Sanji in Nami's body... And Nami in Franky's body? Is this real life? The humor potential is massive. :lol

Medaka Box 139

Welp...

Wow, Zenkichi won the election... and Medaka only received 2% of the vote and now she's gone crazy. Holy shit!

Spoiler pic: http://archivethumb3.foolz.us/board/a/img/0630/71/1332328175057.jpg
"It's my loss. I'm sorry."

Aw shieeeeeeet

Big One

Banned
Another interesting spoiler:

TOSzd.jpg

Bon Clay is Captured, not Deceased.

(Buggy is on here, but apparently the poster at the exhibition has the "CASE CLOSED" symbol on it that the other Shichibukai have.

Erigu

Where did the Dr. Snake name come from, translation error?
Not even. I guess you could also translate it as something like "Mr. Snake Expert" or whatever, but it does sound silly/kinda mocking, even in Japanese.
Itachi humor / brotherly bonding, I guess.

survivor

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/TOSzd.jpg[IMG]

[B]Bon Clay is Captured, not Deceased.
[/B]
(Buggy is on here, but apparently the poster at the exhibition has the "CASE CLOSED" symbol on it that the other Shichibukai have.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Dysun

Dr Snakes and Itachi double susanoo was pretty cool.

I can buy a snake sage mode, but a 4th retcon to the curse seal is pushing it though

RagnarokX

One Piece

The real mystery here is... where did Nami get a coat between last chapter and this one? And why is it there anyway when Sanji's just going to take it off next chapter? :p

http://i.imgur.com/TOSzd.jpg[IMG]

Bon Clay is Captured, not Deceased.

(Buggy is on here, but apparently the poster at the exhibition has the "CASE CLOSED" symbol on it that the other Shichibukai have.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Okama Way forever.

Nami has Sanji suit.

Articalys

March 12th - 18th
*1, 212,169 *,212,169 Chihayafuru vol.16
*2, 112,082 *,112,082 Tonari no Kaibutsukun vol.9
*3, *92,618 *,*92,618 Kuragehime vol.9
*4, *91,348 *,*91,348 Ace of Diamond vol.30
*5, *72,882 *,*72,882 Air Gear vol.35
*6, *71,187 *,*71,187 Shura no Mon: Dai Ni Mon vol.5
*7, *64,021 *,348,067 One Piece Blue Deep Characters World
*8, *63,395 *,*63,395 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai vol.16
*9, *59,862 *,*59,862 History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi vol.46
10, *57,833 *,*57,833 Hiyokoi vol.7

11, *56,699 *,101,742 Amanchu! vol.4
12, *54,702 *,528,786 Bleach vol.54
13, *51,224 *,*51,224 Area no Kishi vol.30
14, *49,214 *,442,498 Bakuman vol.17
15, *43,612 *,*86,490 Yume no Shizuku Kin no Kago vol.2
16, *42,534 *,*42,534 Stardust Wink vol.8
17, *37,036 *,*37,036 Kimi no Iru Machi vol.17
18, *36,534 *,*36,534 Good Morning Kiss vol.9
19, *35,791 *,325,444 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.4
20, *34,898 *,*34,898 Ryuuroden: Chuugen Ryouranhen vol.10

21, *34,084 *,*97,973 Usagi Drop: Bangaihen vol.1
22, *32,747 2,972,948 One Piece vol.65
23, *30,888 *,205,923 Beelzebub vol.15
24, *29,973 *,305,023 Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu vol.14
25, *29,934 *,367,182 Glass Mask vol.48
26, *29,674 *,209,214 SKET Dance vol.23
27, *29,042 *,*29,042 Eden no Ori vol.16
28, *28,371 *,*28,371 Ahiru no Sora Best Selection+
29, *28,189 *,*28,189 Gekkou Jourei vol.17
30, *27,250 *,*68,324 Chugoku Yome Nikki vol.2

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The power of the Big 3 is incredible. Just 3 chapters released but they have the power to propel around 5 to 6 pages of the manga thread so fast since I last came here.

Also, it's good to have Angry Grimace and mysticwhip back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom