• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

The power of the Big 3 is incredible. Just 3 chapters released but they have the power to propel around 5 to 6 pages of the manga thread so fast since I last came here.

Also, it's good to have Angry Grimace and mysticwhip back :)

With Grimace back, we may finally be able to quell the Big 3 argumen...

Shit, nevermind.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Bleach

So, he just up and kills 2 of his minions for no real reason at all? Okay. Why did Harribel survive, but, Starrk die? I honestly will never know why we couldn't have had Starrk and his loli partner survive. Nel being back makes me want to drop the manga. Chojiro dieing is of no importance, we barely ever saw him do anything, but, fill up space.

Ichigo KO'ed him with one punch. Dude must've been awesome.

As for the other discussion, Ichigo's response to this dad trying to fill in his back story was copped directly from Rukia.

I guess Ichigo thought it was cool.

Naruto

I wonder just when it was that Kabuto woke one day and realized his life goal:

"I want the be the most pointless, annoyingly OP troll in the world!"

Averon

Naruto

Interesting chapter. Karin being a Uzumaki isn't that surprising. Her chakra being special, her red hair, and her superb sensing abilities gave it away for me. As for this whole sage business, I don't see as that much of an ass pull. It was never even implied that the Toad sage was the only one of its kind, or that they were the only ones to know about Senjutsu. With Senjutsu being all about natural energy, it would make sense other animals will have knowledge of it. Kabuto is pretty damn power with ET, Senjutsu, and the Hebi team's abilities.

One Piece

Law's ability is damn powerful. It'd be interesting to see how Luffy fights him (if he does). Sanji being in Nami's body. The jokes will write themselves.

Bleach

A person actually died in Bleach. Guess this really is the final arc. I need to see more of the new villain before I judge him. The Espada are back. I guess we'll see Grimmjow soonih?

Edit: I also would like to add that Naruto's translation was painful. I'd gladly wait a couple more hours for a trans that doesn't make my brain bleed.

survivor

Banned
G Senjou Heaven's Door vol 1

The only way to describe this manga is like this: Imagine Bakuman, but actually good, and short, and no dumb kids, and no stupid romance plot, and doesn't feature SHOUNEN power.

So yeah, so far this manga is doing a good job of making me washing away the bad taste of Bakuman.

flawfuls

G Senjou Heaven's Door vol 1

The only way to describe this manga is like this: Imagine Bakuman, but actually good, and short, and no dumb kids, and no stupid romance plot, and doesn't feature SHOUNEN power.

So yeah, so far this manga is doing a good job of making me washing away the bad taste of Bakuman.

Oh I don't know there is plenty of romance there and the sheer angstyness of it can get pretty silly. Though personally I love angsty shit so that stuff was all a plus for me.

survivor

Banned
Oh I don't know there is plenty of romance there and the sheer angstyness of it can get pretty silly. Though personally I love angsty shit so that stuff was all a plus for me.

I just finished the second volume and you are so right about the angst. My god, the RAW angst is everywhere.

This manga is just about SPIRIT and EMOTIONS that it's unbelievable. They even have an Itachi clone. The dad wants his son to hate him so he can draw the best manga.

Also I meant that the romance plot isn't a joke like the one in Bakuman. They have sex in the first volume lol That already makes it better than Bakuman.

PK Gaming

Naruto

Honestly, the first half of this chapter wasn't all to interesting. I couldn't the awful translation (Dr. Snakes...) meh pacing and poor fight sequence early on. Too much exposition. I almost closed the entire chapter when Kishi admitted that Karin was part of the Uzumaki clan. As an adamant Naruto fanboy, even I can admit that was a pure and utter asspull of the 10th degree. Suddenly everyone with red hair is an Uzumaki. Sasori Uzumaki, Gaara Uzumaki (fun fact, those 2 characters don't have last names, just like Karin...)

The second half of the chapter was kickass. DRAGON SAGE MODE OH MY GOD. I loved the natural foil to Frog Sage mode, and the amount of experiments Kabuto did on his body. He's barely even human anymore lmao. I assumed he'd turn into a grotesque monster for his sage mode, but thankfully Kishi made him humanoid. Now we know without a doubt that Kabuto has officially surpassed Orochimaru, and that chances of Oro returning are extremely slim. Kabuto can take on 2 uchiha's while Oro at his prime shit his pants against ONE.

Overall the chapter was good. First half sucked, the 2nd half was good.

One Piece

Oh dear. Reading One Piece is like having your cake and eating it too. This chapter was just so damn good. We cut back to Luffy's group getting tossed around by Brownbe- I mean the centaur leader. I'm glad Brook ended up saving them; would have been annoying if he was hogging panel time scurrying around the damn island. The 2nd half of the chapter shouldn't even elaboration on why it was good. Law is just a fucking boss. His Ope Ope powers (should really be called OP OP) make incredibly versatile; I love how switched the bodies of the straw hats (I fucking LOVE this trope) and I can't wait to see the fallout here. What will Sanji do in Nami's body LMAO. Seeing Nami fight with Sanji's intensity would be hilarious. I'm overjoyed to see Tashigi getting Haki, even if she ended up getting fodderized by Law (hopefully she puts up more of a fight later on!) All in all it was a stellar chapter, by a stellar mangaka for stellar manga.

Bleach

Goddamnit. Maybe it was because of my shitty internet connection but when I tried to read the chapter X@$!^$&! took forever to load T_T. (I had to read it in chunks over the course of the school day...) Anyway it was boring chapter that moved the plot along. I didn't care for Ichigo and his friends interactions (Orhimie, you're seriously noticing that Ishida has warmed up to Ichigo NOW?!?) nor did I care about that stupid apprentice kid and his sidekick nor did I care about Sakawhatits death either. Nel's return made me cringe since its contrived as fuck, but i'm also glad, since this means we'll get to see BUSTY GLORY-Nel soon.

The main villain is a fucking troll, and not a masterful like Aizen. Killing off his subordinates and torturing for the littlest of things doesn't make you badass; it makes you a fucking moron. Halabel's alive? Eh I thought Kubo killed off. Oh well. Hopefully things pick up in the next chapter.

I just finished the second volume and you are so right about the angst. My god, the RAW angst is everywhere.

This manga is just about SPIRIT and EMOTIONS that it's unbelievable. They even have an Itachi clone. The dad wants his son to hate him so he can draw the best manga.

Also I meant that the romance plot isn't a joke like the one in Bakuman. They have sex in the first volume lol That already makes it better than Bakuman.

Now i remember this series LOL.

also that shit doesn't stop until the end.

Naruto
The second half of the chapter was kickass. DRAGON SAGE MODE OH MY GOD. I loved the natural foil to Frog Sage mode, and the amount of experiments Kabuto did on his body. He's barely even human anymore lmao. I assumed he'd turn into a grotesque monster for his sage mode, but thankfully Kishi made him humanoid. Now we know without a doubt that Kabuto has officially surpassed Orochimaru, and that chances of Oro returning are extremely slim. Kabuto can take on 2 uchiha's while Oro at his prime shit his pants against ONE.

Yes and with that I think it cements Kabuto as the best antagonist of the series, hopefully he is Shippuden's final boss, at this point vastly more compelling and impressive than Tobi whom has done so little. well if his eternal tsukiyomi is persued, maybe Ill change my view.

Lovely part of this chapter.

Naruto

Well the thing is they don't want Kabuto dead which would make the fight much harder compare to Oro .
Where they could just spam Amaterasu and use Susanoo attacks whole day but yeah he still surpass Oro .

Zekes!

Alright, all caught up with Magi.

I'm kind of disappointed that the dungeon diving hasn't been expanded on yet after the intial one. I thought it was a cool idea, and was looking forward to more Aladdin and Alibaba dungeon crawling. I felt like the Balbadd arc was a little dragged out, but I'm glad it's over with now, and regardless I'm still really into this manga.

Another interesting spoiler:

TOSzd.jpg

Bon Clay is Captured, not Deceased.

(Buggy is on here, but apparently the poster at the exhibition has the "CASE CLOSED" symbol on it that the other Shichibukai have.

Is there a list of all the bounties listed there? The pic is too small to view them all.
What was Mihawks bounty?

Kusagari

I'm starting to wonder if Kabuto is actually going to lose here.

He just seems perfectly set up to ultimately lose to Naruto; especially with the Sage Mode reveal.

iavi

It's amazing. First manga I ever bought. I cried man tears at the end.

Sounds like high praise. I'll get on it. Thx. It looks great from a glance at the wiki.

Aiki maybe?

This has actually been sitting in my queue for the longest time. If it's anything like the examples, it seems like I shouldn't have sat on it for as long as I have. Thx.

Bleach has the best character interaction in Shonen period. Well i should not be bothered since you have such a shitty taste.

Ku...Ku...Kurosaki-Kun~

Big One

Banned
Bleach has the best character interaction in Shonen period. Well i should not be bothered since you have such a shitty taste.
I can only assume you think this because of various (possible) reasons:

1. You've never talked to a human being in your entire life.
2. You've never pay attention to how people think, because you don't pay attention to how you think.
3. You're actually not a human being and don't understand what emotions are.

I can only assume these three things if you think Bleach is even remotely realistic in terms of character interaction.

Zekes!

Welp, I'm going to start One Piece (again) in the morning. I read the first volume years ago so I'm just going to start at volume 2. This feels a little daunting, not gonna lie.

Kusagari

Bleach's character interaction basically boils down to the characters being horrible comic relief with each other or communicating in a way that must have been written by aliens.

Verelios

One Piece-

Okay, back on SA, I thought Luffy had somewhat of good chance against Law. I mean, did you see his operating room? The range? Please, jet gomu gomu to the face from 40 miles away.

Now? I have no idea what the downside to his power is. This thing is godly. I thought before it only pertained to the human body (ie. cutting it up/seperating/removing), but with the body switch? God damn. Just god damn sir. Has to be one of the strongest Rookies by far; I thought he was lower than Kidd before- my bad!

Chapter was awesome as usual though, and loved to see that brownbeard is alive. Maybe he can tell us about what happened to straw man.

Also, Tashigi- Ha. Forever salty.

2. You've never pay attention to how people think, because you don't pay attention to how you think.

I can only assume these three things if you think Bleach is even remotely realistic in terms of character interaction.
Look who´s talking about that. Mister i don´t respect people opinion and factual guy. I doubt you even talk to real people.
Hur dur, i have nothing to say so i post a stupid gif.
Are you forgetting that Shonen is not just battle manga but a whole bunch of other stuff.
I have not forgot and the character interaction in Bleach is great.

Dresden

Why are you being such an asshole about this?

I don't know how you can post that without realizing you fit all three of those categories, moreso than anyone in this thread.

The walking Man
This manga is so good. The character art is very reminiscent of Akira and his background have so much charm, especially the trees, I prefer this to traced backgrounds. Another thing I've noticed is that each page is layed out so well, no panel is wasted.
I like the character interactions and the dialogue(or the lack of), the main character is likeable and I find him exploring to be very interesting.

Big One

Banned
Why are you being such an asshole about this?

I don't know how you can post that without realizing you fit all three of those categories, moreso than anyone in this thread.
Not even remotely close. Everyone knows Bleach is basically the anti-thesis to how a human being is supposed to act like. Just look at all the reactions here in contrast to your reaction to my post. I think you're alone on this one.

Caught up to latest Angel Heart chapter now to wait a few months again since group so slow but i grateful they still doing it .
Still they way behind the Vols which means a long way to go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, too hard to find thread without "SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES" in title.

Not even remotely close. Everyone knows Bleach is basically the anti-thesis to how a human being is supposed to act like. Just look at all the reactions here in contrast to your reaction to my post. I think you're alone on this one.
I can't say I recall any manga where the characters act like normal human beings. The fact that characters have irrational motivations is what makes fiction interesting. However, I would agree there is a point at which the suspension of disbelief gets broken, i.e. as I said before, when Ichigo suddenly decides he's not interested in knowing why his father concealed his true nature as a shinigami for Ichigo's entire life up until that point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You don't subscribe? :O

Never have. It usually has the most noticeable title in the entire forum.

Also, this may be a bit of a shocking surprise for you, but I was banned for the last month so I hadn't gotten around to subbing to this thread =P

neoanarch

Manga thread is always on the first or second page. I have no reason to sub.

Beelzebub deserves a better anime than it has. So fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom