• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh ... didn't they basically say that Haki is a requirement for traveling in the New World?

Well for the elite fighters to get to the top they will need it no so much for everyone else .
People better get used to Haki it's going to play a big part in the second half .

gunbo13

Bros, do you guys know of any other good fight mangas in the vein of The Breaker, Sun-Ken, or Crows?
I would recommend UDDUP but it is apparently not getting a warm reception. I'm not sure why because all of a sudden people have an issue with mindless action...yet they read...never-mind.

It totally fits though. *shrug*
Bleach has the best character interaction in Shonen period.
yReB7.png

That's still not hentai though, not by the common American "hentai means sex" definition.
I don't think anyone believed hentai Ouji was an actual hentai work. People more expected it to be borderline H or ecchi.
I'm normally chilling over gaming side though, so to quickly check the thread, respond/laugh, then go back is really great.
And I see you active in action-gaf threads so good job. Not subscribing to this thread is insane though.
So yesterday while GAF was down I ended up reading through Nisekoi. I like it, it's rather funny and I quite like the art.
It's a cute manga and the moe faces = the art. Komi Naoshi though fucking sucks at proportions so I can't find his art "good."
I didn't visit here while banned, so I don't know what was going on here during that time.
Big One was lashing out at everyone all the time.

Sometimes i can't tell if your being serious you really think Tashigi has better chance of beating Law than Zoro or Sanji.
Most of the big boys in the new world will have Haki , so will the monster trio .

I think she is capable but strong enough to beat him is a different story. I think I said previously but it really just seems set up in a way that the only one he would fight is just for Luffy to show how strong Luffy is compared to actual antagonists of importance (Law other shichibukai).

I thought Zoro or Sanji would end up with DF powers and that ended up not happening so, I really struggle to think they will get Haki, arent they supposed to be normal humans on the level of the characters that have supernatural abilities, making them really cool for most fans of the series?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I would recommend UDDUP but it is apparently not getting a warm reception. I'm not sure why because all of a sudden people have an issue with mindless action...yet they read...never-mind.

yReB7.png

I don't think anyone believed hentai Ouji was an actual hentai work. People more expected it to be borderline H or ecchi.

And I see you active in action-gaf threads so good job. Not subscribing to this thread is insane though.

It's a cute manga and the moe faces = the art. Komi Naoshi though fucking sucks at proportions so I can't find his art "good."

His proportions might not be realistic, I still like them though. :(

scy

Because little girl, future waifu, etc. etc.

Komi Naoshi though fucking sucks at proportions so I can't find his art "good."

abklX.png

I thought Zoro or Sanji would end up with DF powers and that ended up not happening so, I really struggle to think they will get Haki, arent they supposed to be normal humans on the level of the characters that have supernatural abilities, making them really cool for most fans of the series?

Them getting Haki would be the logical thing to continue the "normal humans" on the levels of the superpowers. It's kind of what Haki is, anyway.

Everyone has Haki so they able to control 1 or 2 types of it would makes sense .
Haki is not a super power or anything like that .

EDIT WTF the Gintama anime is ending again it seems , guess i going to have to check out the manga when it done .

survivor

Banned
Bleach has the best character interaction in Shonen period. Well i should not be bothered since you have such a shitty taste.

salty_viking

here is a tip: next time if you want me to take you seriously then stop with the petty insults. It doesn't help when it feels like I'm talking to kids who get mad when someone doesn't like their favourite manga

gunbo13

His proportions might not be realistic, I still like them though. :(
Oh we are quite big fans of moe face koi. All you have to do is look at past posts (or the one below). He still can't draw anatomy worth a damn.
Because little girl, future waifu, etc. etc.
abklX.png
I keep telling these fools that it is like the most transparent back-story possible. It means nothing and is barely touched upon as the manga moves on. UDDUP is all about fucking crazy shit and fans of battle shounen are uppity about the story. Fucking paleeeeezzzee. UDDUP has fucking Batman style adhesive attacks, iphone counters, and deadly bouncy balls. They fight in the dark against nanosuits and remote controlled robots with propellers of death.

Bunch of babies. Stop reading manga wrong.

survivor

Banned
The walking Man
This manga is so good. The character art is very reminiscent of Akira and his background have so much charm, especially the trees, I prefer this to traced backgrounds. Another thing I've noticed is that each page is layed out so well, no panel is wasted.
I like the character interactions and the dialogue(or the lack of), the main character is likeable and I find him exploring to be very interesting.
Someone needs to do the same thing but for different countries.

Well I was fooled nicely

Beelzebub

Needs more Toujou adventures

Steroyd

Although very subtle they've already semi-confirmed they know haki in some capacity.

Plus the one DF Sanji was interested in is already used by someone else, and Zoro would probably think it was an unfair advantage or some such.

scy

I keep telling these fools that it is like the most transparent back-story possible. It means nothing and is barely touched upon as the manga moves on. UDDUP is all about fucking crazy shit and fans of battle shounen are uppity about the story. Fucking paleeeeezzzee. UDDUP has fucking Batman style adhesive attacks, iphone counters, and deadly bouncy balls. They fight in the dark against nanosuits and remote controlled robots with propellers of death.

Bunch of babies. Stop reading manga wrong.

Does remind me I need to get back to reading UDDUP. I think I'm only a four or so volumes in? Hm.

Edit: Hajimete no Aku too, though 7 volumes for that so far~

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
is anyone else reading tail star? i dont know how far it is scanned wise, but i have a feeling this series is gonna get more fucked up as time goes on.

Lain

Yeah, Until Death Do Us Parts is pretty cool. Not as cool as Aiki as a whole, but still...

is anyone else reading tail star? i dont know how far it is scanned wise, but i have a feeling this series is gonna get more fucked up as time goes on.

I was under the impression the manga only started just two months ago and today seems to have chp 2 out, which Ive yet to read. I think it is really compelling with the antagonist entity actually pretty intriguing and cool. Havent warmed up much to the protagonist yet though.

gunbo13

Does remind me I need to get back to reading UDDUP. I think I'm only a four or so volumes in? Hm.

Edit: Hajimete no Aku too, though 7 volumes for that so far~
Hajimete no Aku gets better as it goes along. It is currently in awesome phase. Doesn't get much better then night tag during a school festival for a cash prize with battle experts.
Can't say I really noticed.
I posted examples in the last thread. Weird drawings with magic joints and impossible bending (not in a good way). One I posted had Chitoge's leg detached from her body.

Sanji and Zoro getting DF powers

Werent there actually pretty compelling theories that either could have ended up with a Devil Fruit in the pretimeskip days? I dont think I was the only one who could have imagined them getting it at that point in time.

Although very subtle they've already semi-confirmed they know haki in some capacity.

Plus the one DF Sanji was interested in is already used by someone else, and Zoro would probably think it was an unfair advantage or some such.

I didnt realize or think of that, well if they do get it it will be compelling to see it employed by the coolest straw hats. I have faith.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Just realized that I have completely gotten over the mass effect 3 ending thanks to mangaf. Awesome.

And come on brehs, Big One wasn't doing anything but poking fun at people. We all know the way he uses words is exaggerated.

survivor

Banned
You're full of shit. I know you always look at the MU tags. You can always re-read
Semen
-Covered Pirate Leila if you want your fix.
I'm starting to have my doubts that I even read that in the first place

I posted examples in the last thread. Weird drawings with magic joints and impossible bending (not in a good way). One I posted had Chitoge's leg detached from her body.
My main problem with Nisekoi's art is the blush lines. They are getting ridiculous especially when it takes 50% of the page

Dresden

The blush lines still aren't as bad as the ones in TWGOK.

I guess those aren't blush lines anymore, more like blush blights, but yeah.

Big One

Banned
Having an opinion is lashing out nowadays? Well geez.

Just to be clear I was never "lashing out" at Laughing Banana. All I was doing, was making a little joke that went completely overboard. When I tried explaining why I made the joke, people still considered me lashing out when I wasn't. I dunno why people consider my posts to have some type of angry tone unless I'm talking about how much I hate Narutu, but that's been a while since I've truly talked about that.

Dresden

Because posts like these:

I can only assume you think this because of various (possible) reasons:

1. You've never talked to a human being in your entire life.
2. You've never pay attention to how people think, because you don't pay attention to how you think.
3. You're actually not a human being and don't understand what emotions are.

Don't come across as condescending or angry at all.

gunbo13

I'm starting to have my doubts that I even read that in the first place
I looked it up on MU at least when it was mentioned in OT4. I think it was Laughing Banana who wanted a pirate manga. He got one.

You read it. This I know.
Having an opinion is lashing out nowadays? Well geez.
I don't think people can tell when you are joking or being sarcastic. I can't at least. I think I read every one of your posts like you were slamming the keys when typing grinding your teeth in anger shouting obscenities. Just sayin.

See, I'm never serious so the confusion is thwarted. It works out well. ***THE BREAKER IS THE BEST MANGA EVER***

survivor

Banned
G Senjou Heaven's Door vol 3 END

Do you guys know why this manga shits all over Bakuman? The MC got married in 3 volumes. No dumb kiddy promises, none of that garbage. He liked the girl and straight up married her like a man.

Anyway, volume 3 was a mess. I just lost track of all the revelations, why characters are acting emo, and why they are angsty all the time. That plot revelation with the mom thing was alright but I never really saw the point of it. Plus the whole suicide aspect was a bit too much for me.

The manga definitely had potential in the beginning with the whole manga stuff but then it just ignored all of that and went all EMOTIONS on me. These people are so more sentimental about manga than the Bakuman crowd. The other weakness compared to Bakuman is the sidekick manga authors aren't as interesting as the ones in Bakuman. They did the job fine but they never really stood out.

Haven't posted here in a while. Anyway, just caught up on most of the series last night so impressions:

Bleach

I want to preclude how I feel about the first few chapters of this arc by stating that I expect this arc to be good. It's the final arc and thus will tie up all the loose ends and should have some epic battles and revelations, hopefully. Now onto the first few chapters. A mixed bag so far with this week's chapter being the worst. I like getting the Quincy involved, the royal army for whatever you want to call them getting involved right off the bat is good. The primary antagonist having a no-nonsense attitude should help keep things at a faster pace, no dicking around with the protagonists for five chapters or more like some of the villains. The bad, I really don't like these two worthless new characters from SS. They annoy me and serve no purpose. Just send a freakin message down to Ichigo or something. I was hoping this would just get right into going to SS and launch an attack from there but naturally to draw things out, they will go to HM first. I guess I can't really say this is bad, it makes logical sense why the King or whoever has taken up this territory for strategic purposes and it would be natural for an army to take this territory back over before launching the main offensive at the enemy's home base. Add the personal shit with Nel and there's incentive to go there. I guess I just felt there was enough to address without going to HM between the Quincy, Royal Army, Ishida, etc. Will just have to brace for the huge arc I knew was coming and hope the HM portion doesn't blow. My other complaint would be who died. This death was meant to send a message and tell the readers that shit got real. Kill someone we actually care about! This is the final arc! It doesn't have to be a fan favorite, but someone with significance to the reader that has had some decent page time.

One Piece

I'm digging most of this arc so far. I didn't expect Law to be on this island and I'm pretty pleased with his level of strength. The idea of Law vs Smoker is an interesting one and I really hope this fight plays out a bit without getting ruined by outside influences. I mean, I know neither will be killed here so it will inevitably get interrupted but I'd like to see some decent exchanges and see what Smoker can do, especially since Law seems almost hax. Luffy's group has been on point with their reaction to everything they've encountered. Nice balance of action and humor. Nami's group is more humor which is fine, not as entertaining as Luffy's group but adds a change of pace as the pages bounce around between groups. Brown Beard I could care a less about, always thought he was lame. Hope he's a virtual non factor here and is quickly dealt with. All in all, there are some nice players on the stage and the Law vs Smoker should make things real interesting.

Naruto

Ha, Sasuke has a chance to talk with Itachi after all. It's nice to see Sasuke outside of his usual emo rage mode for at least a few chapters. I didn't expect Sasuke and Itachi to team up against anybody, namely because I like most of you I imagine, expected Sasuke to be so overpowered that the notion of him needing someone's help never crossed my mind. Kabuto obviously needs a power up reveal for this confrontation and in comes the sage mode. In most respects, I don't have a problem with this and it's actually kinda cool. I don't see why another animal couldn't achieve sage status and if there's a single character in the series that would dedicate a few years to endlessly researching and looking for something of this magnitude and succeeding, it'd be Kabuto. We know he went missing for a few years and the tidbits we had seen interspersed during that period indicated that he took over Oro's research and was trying to find ways to perfect and expand it beyond what Oro achieved. So all of this fits pretty well with the character and should create for an interesting and sufficient power up to present a good fight against the Uchiha duo. I know it always feels funny when you don't see a character learn a skill or train for it, but it really does fit that Kabuto would achieve this, it doesn't feel like an ass pull at all to me. It also explains why he has remained so confident despite how things have developed in this war.

Meanwhile, Tsunade get's a powerup to garner some level of respect before her untimely demise. There's a chance she could survive this whole thing and it just timeskips to show Naruto as Hokage in the final panel or so of the manga but I won't be surprised if she ultimately sacrifices herself. Madara is a freakin boss but I don't really dig the 1st Hokage having his face fused into the body. That crap is always lame. He is way out of the Kage's league and I agree with the notion that he will only be defeated upon Kabuto's defeat, most likely. Would like to see what's going on with Naruto now. I like where the manga is at right now, all three fights have interesting elements to me and while the war started slow with characters less readers care about, the climax will go out with a bang.

HxH

Hiatus just when things are getting interesting, noooo! I like the direction things are developing in and wouldn't that be awesome if Gin takes Gon with him to this new land? I would have thought no way in hell just a chapter or two ago but now I think there's a decent chance. Gon and Gin exchanging stories I think has Gin respecting his son and feeling pride based on the quick shots of their expressions while talking. This land is a huge unknown even to Gin and Gin made the comment if Gon feels like he does, he should pursue this new land (or at least something close to that context). Maybe Gin feels that Gon has progressed enough and feels the same sense of adventure as he does and with the leaving of the Zodiacs, will choose to train and experience this new land with his son. Kalliua is out of the picture (concerning Gon) for the first time in this series, for at least an arc or so, I really think there's a good chance this could happen. Maybe it's wishful thinking...BELIEVE.

Reborn

Whoa, the two single elements in this series that I have interest in just collided! Didn't expect Vindice to enter this tournament but now I'm really interested in the developments! I hope it's not some half as tease at the end where the checkered mask taunts them and flees without really revealing anything. This arc definitely has potential to be interesting even if there is so goofy crap like Tsuna's relationship with his father. Some pretty nice fights in this arc too, seeing the arcebleno return to their natural state for a bit and seeing the Fon and Hibari battle against Varia was nice.

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail teams getting their ass handed to them so they can 'seemingly' make an epic comeback at the end! No one will anticipate this and DTL will revel in the mangaka's ability to surprise and add epic twists! How will FT possibly survive? Stay tuned next week, folks.

G Senjou Heaven's Door vol 3 END

Do you guys know why this manga shits all over Bakuman? The MC got married in 3 volumes. No dumb kiddy promises, none of that garbage. He liked the girl and straight up married her like a man.

Anyway, volume 3 was a mess. I just lost track of all the revelations, why characters are acting emo, and why they are angsty all the time. That plot revelation with the mom thing was alright but I never really saw the point of it. Plus the whole suicide aspect was a bit too much for me.

The manga definitely had potential in the beginning with the whole manga stuff but then it just ignored all of that and went all EMOTIONS on me. These people are so more sentimental about manga than the Bakuman crowd. The other weakness compared to Bakuman is the sidekick manga authors aren't as interesting as the ones in Bakuman. They did the job fine but they never really stood out.

Told you it was all Angst till the end :p

And by MC getting the girl you mean his friend right?

It will be a running theme, if you can't use Haki you're likely to get worfed by damn near everyone in the New World, it's why the turtle underling guy to Big Mama said that Logia's who think they're invincible have a lower life expectancy in the New World.

Pretty much. Haki gives non-DF users a fighting chance against logias and DF users. Without it Logias would be nearly unstoppable. The Grand line is the kiddy pool, the New World is the ocean with Sharks everywhere. The weak are crushed almost instantly.

upandaway

EDIT WTF the Gintama anime is ending again it seems , guess i going to have to check out the manga when it done .
If only. The scan group still has a volume-and-a-half gap from when they started releasing the weekly chapters, and it takes them a couple months to do a volume. It depends on whether you can allow yourself to skip chapters though, I'm not that kind of monster.

There's also that shit about the anime starting the next big arc next episode, which is enough to shatter my collarbone. If they dare it'll be worse than HxH ch340.

survivor

Banned
Told you it was all Angst till the end :p

And by MC getting the girl you mean his friend right?

Well I kinda count the short kid as the MC.

I looked it up on MU at least when it was mentioned in OT4. I think it was Laughing Banana who wanted a pirate manga. He got one.

You read it. This I know.
I confused it for another manga cause the pirate manga that I read had bad art.

gunbo13

I confused it for another manga cause the pirate manga that I read had bad art.
I figured but still funny. Not sure how you missed the key phrase in the title though. Unless that other manga...

...never-mind. ;)

I read chapters of Hammer Mermaid if that makes us even. /shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom