• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabuto as he is now is a tad bit better than Oro. Sadly we all have seen him as Mr. Ninja cards, so...

At least he seems to have lost his hard-on for Oro, now that he surpassed him.

Desmond

It's funny because Kishimoto is knee deep into his war and he hasn't killed anyone yet.

Haha. And don't worry, semi-narutard is okay. It's like you only liked the first couple of books of Twilight but couldn't get through the last one.

This is an even worse offense.

SHIT TASTE.

Oonaki, Tsunade and A will die hopefully.

Stat, I just saw the ME3 ending and I am fucking pissed. It was so bad, mediocrity that I couldn't even fathom. There are a few theories out there explaining why its so bad, but fuck I wanted bioware to just give us a satisfying conclusion to ME3. Goddamn.

Oh an Kabuto blows Orochimaru out of the park as a villain. Maybe in part 1, Oro was up to fluff, but in part 2 he was just an irrelevant character that got bodied by Sasuke / Itachi. In the grand scheme of things, Kabuto made the entire war arc possible (Madara couldn't possibly win with fucking zetsu) I like Kabuto's personality and abilities too. He doesn't fuck around with little kiddies.

Kinda funny Kishi is placing Oro deeper in the realm of irrelevance.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Stat, I just saw the ME3 ending and I am fucking pissed. It was so bad, mediocrity that I couldn't even fathom. There are a few theories out there explaining why its so bad, but fuck I wanted bioware to just give us a satisfying conclusion to ME3. Goddamn.
I told you breh. That shit is like ether to our souls. Bioware straight shit on all of us. I'm over it now, but I know what that initial shock is like. I'm sure Dresden is still giving out free hugs in support of the PTSD that the ME3 endings cause.
PK Gaming said:
Kabuto made the entire war arc possible (Madara couldn't possibly win with fucking zetsu) I like Kabuto's personality and abilities too.
His entire reason for partaking in this war is to get Sasuke's Mr. Snake's dick before Naruto does!
He doesn't fuck around with little kiddies.
Huh? HE IS A KIDDIE!

Orochimaru? He put in that work. He was trained by the third. And then, when the third took his spot, he killed him. SWAG. He was a teammate to Jiraiya and someone else whose name I don't remember. He's been with the tough ninjas in his day. Of course he got fucked over by an in-his-prime Itachi; He was too busy trying to become immortal. Joined Akatsuki just to go rogue, and then he has the charisma to boot. Kabuto is a lame moist ass cookie cutter copy that has half the personality and 0% of the wit that Orochimaru had. I mean, think about it, EVERYTHING Kabuto is doing right now is based off of Orochimaru's original work. I mean, if Orochimaru wasn't getting sick (from fucking so many bitches)...he may as well be god of the naruto universe. Look at all them people that were ready to give their bodies up for the dude. SWAG.

It's funny because Kishimoto is knee deep into his war and he hasn't killed anyone yet.

Haha. And don't worry, semi-narutard is okay. It's like you only liked the first couple of books of Twilight but couldn't get through the last one.

True and if it ends that way I'll give it shit. I think Tsunade should die, Tscuchikage should kick the dust...and maybe Dr. Snake! We'll see, I won't judge either series in that regard until it's officially over. Naruto had Asuma die who I felt was a pretty decently involved character. I don't think Bleach has killed anyone with that level of page time? If the Pain pwnage didn't get ret conned, Naruto would be ballin in drama.

Don't you ever use Twilight in a sentence regarding me ever again...

Yeah like Mr Snakes A is better than Mr Snakes B

They are both the same garbage mad scientist cliched tired villain persona that have a hard on for snakes.

Mad scientist in shounen is nowhere near as cliche as a world dominating dictator. Still feels fresh enough to me. I mean, what kind of villain would people say isn't cliche? It's all been done!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oro is the only reason that Kabuto can do any of the crap he's doing. So it's hard to say he's irrelevant. He's been mentioned by other people the entire war too.
Not to mention Orochimaru had something stashed in one of his billion of hideouts that can "CHANGE THE WAR" for Dr. Snake.
Oonaki, Tsunade and A will die hopefully.
No one cares about any of them. Well, I don't. A was kind of cool before he got talk no jutsu'd. Tsunade could've been great but has far surpassed her window of opportunity. Pain arrives? COMA.

Oonoki? I don't think anyone cares about him seriously. But he has had about 3 chances to die in this war and hasn't. I will give credit if Kishimoto does kill off people here, but it is looking like it could be 50/50.
True and if it ends that way I'll give it shit. I think Tsunade should die, Tscuchikage should kick the dust...and maybe Dr. Snake! We'll see, I won't judge either series in that regard until it's officially over. Naruto had Asuma die who I felt was a pretty decently involved character. I don't think Bleach has killed anyone with that level of page time? If the Pain pwnage didn't get ret conned, Naruto would be ballin in drama.

Don't you ever use Twilight in a sentence regarding me ever again...
I always say the series should end with Sasuke killing himself in front of Naruto and gang. The most awesome "FUCK YOU" to not just Naruto, but all of the idiotic people who are fans of Dr. Snake out there.

Oh, and yeah, as far as killing people, Kishimoto has a better track record, but this is a war, and it's not living up to that so far.

"Twilight" is interchangeable with "Naruto"

Desmond

Not to mention Orochimaru had something stashed in one of his billion of hideouts that can "CHANGE THE WAR" for Dr. Snake.

No one cares about any of them. Well, I don't. A was kind of cool before he got talk no jutsu'd. Tsunade could've been great but has far surpassed her window of opportunity. Pain arrives? COMA.

Oonoki? I don't think anyone cares about him seriously. But he has had about 3 chances to die in this war and hasn't. I will give credit if Kishimoto does kill off people here, but it is looking like it could be 50/50.

Wasn't she supposed to fight Pain? Editors hopped in and said Naruto should fight him asap.

Who do you want to die then? Guy? Kakashi? One of the kids?

Come on.

PK Gaming

Huh? HE IS A KIDDIE!

Orochimaru? He put in that work. He was trained by the third. And then, when the third took his spot, he killed him. SWAG. He was a teammate to Jiraiya and someone else whose name I don't remember. He's been with the tough ninjas in his day. Of course he got fucked over by an in-his-prime Itachi; He was too busy trying to become immortal. Joined Akatsuki just to go rogue, and then he has the charisma to boot. Kabuto is a lame moist ass cookie cutter copy that has half the personality and 0% of the wit that Orochimaru had. I mean, think about it, EVERYTHING Kabuto is doing right now is based off of Orochimaru's original work. I mean, if Orochimaru wasn't getting sick (from fucking so many bitches)...he may as well be god of the naruto universe. Look at all them people that were ready to give their bodies up for the dude. SWAG.

Well, the fact that Kabuto WASN'T some privileged person, a person who was trained by a the fucking hokage, makes his feats even more badass. Orochimaru lost to a 13 year old Itachi. Oro would have been a great villain if he wasn't so fixated on Sasuke. In part one he attacks the hidden leaf directly, shows off a cool jutsu and kills the third. BOSS. In Part 2, he's an old sickly man WHO COULD HAVE BODY SWITCHED AT ANY TIME but was relying on Sasuke being a fucking retarded (its kind of obvious that Sasuke is training to kill him while he's weak)

Kabuto basically Orochimaru without the fail. He improved on everything; He mastered Snake Sage mode while Oro couldn't, and he's edo tensei is 100 times better than Oro's.

Kabuto is the boss, oro isn't fit to lick his boots.

survivor

Banned
Kabuto is the boss, oro isn't fit to lick his boots.

YB1N0.jpg

lol such a boss

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Why? Just for the sake of it?
No. To represent that war is not something you have happen and just skate through it with no casualties. To show that the new surpasses the old. To show how the Konoha 11 deals with the loss of one of their friends.

Kishimoto even said it: "It's finally time, it's their first war!" on a color page. This is like he's expecting us to see them face the hardships of war. The hardships of war in something like this is the resulting chaos and death. If everyone comes out of it like "wow that was pretty cool huh...glad naruto kept the peace"...how stupid is that?

survivor

Banned
No. To represent that war is not something you have happen and just skate through it with no casualties. To show that the new surpasses the old. To show how the Konoha 11 deals with the loss of one of their friends.

Kishimoto even said it: "It's finally time, it's their first war!" on a color page. This is like he's expecting us to see them face the hardships of war. The hardships of war in something like this is the resulting chaos and death. If everyone comes out of it like "wow that was pretty cool huh...glad naruto kept the peace"...how stupid is that?

But there was massive causalities.

Oh wait they weren't named so they don't count am I right?

We should update the cycle again

-Naruto release of why is this manga still not over
I tried to be neutral with the big 3 so nobody will bitch in the thread

I'm glad he was resurrected. His death was lacklustre.

I'm glad too but he shouldn't have died in the first place. Asuma's death and how Shikamaru handled it on the orher hand was fucking awesome though. But Shika is the only good character in Naruto so that was to be expected.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh wait they weren't named so they don't count am I right?
Yes. You are right. Just like no one cares about the 106 people killed in Soul Society (or even worse, Sasakibe for that matter).

For readers to feel the effect of a war, we need to see that people we know and care about have either been greatly effected by it, or have died.

I remember Kishimoto saying "And 40,000 people on the side of good died"...did anyone react to that? NO. If Shikamaru died in the next chapter (<-example)...EVERYONE who reads Naruto would react to that 10 times more than they do to this statement: "30,000 additional members of the allied forces died."

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
PK Gaming said:
In part one he attacks the hidden leaf directly, shows off a cool jutsu and kills the third. BOSS. In Part 2...
It's sad cause this is very telling of the differences between part 1 and part 2 period. Not just for Orochimaru's character. Everyone.
Shikamaru wouldn't die though...
It's an example. Switch that out for Tsunade, Kakashi, Guy, etc. What I said still works.

It's a bad example though. There's absolutely no way Shika would die. That's like saying Sakura will kill Madara. There's just no fucking chance, ya dig, breh?

Just pulling your leg

Kusagari

Sorry breh, we've seen everything Guy has to offer in this war. What the fuck else is he gonna do? Fight a Madara clone? Oh boy...

He should have just sacrificed himself to kill Kisame in their final fight.

Now he's still alive and there's nobody left to fight.

I always say the series should end with Sasuke killing himself in front of Naruto and gang. The most awesome "FUCK YOU" to not just Naruto, but all of the idiotic people who are fans of Dr. Snake out there.

Oh, and yeah, as far as killing people, Kishimoto has a better track record, but this is a war, and it's not living up to that so far.

Caring about characters is all relative to the reader. Basically any character that has had decent page time displaying their battles, past, personality, etc. add depth to the character and make them more significant. Or like I said in a previous post, if they are really powerful, their death is meaningful in various ways to the series. A kage going down is basically the equivalent to some antagonist offing the Master Commander in Bleach handily.

I wouldn't even be mad if Sasuke did that. I would laugh. So hard.

I agree on the Naruto war but to be fair, it's really just about Naruto and Bee and everyone else is just army fodder to simulate a background for the grand stage. There are three significant fights in this war and they are all going down now. If these fights end without casualties, that's bullshit. Everything else is protagonists battling Zetsu scrubs and warriors that have already been defeated before and the ones that were strong, Naruto intervened so they didn't have a chance. It'd be like Ichigo jumping into every commander's fight and helping them. Now while it is a bit lame in respects, in context of Naruto's story, we needed to see the fruits of Naruto's power upgrade labor and he needed to make his presence felt by the entire ninja world. Everyone will owe him one and look up to him when this is all over, not just Konoha.

Are you trying to be dead to me sir? I can't even think of an insult as grand as this to throw on Bleach. Bleach is interchangeable with Bleach!

Oro is the only reason that Kabuto can do any of the crap he's doing. So it's hard to say he's irrelevant. He's been mentioned by other people the entire war too.

In regards to him possibly returning/trying to achieve his goal then yes he has become irrelevant right now.

With all the things he has "contributed" so far its crazy he was nowhere to achieving his goal. Reminds me of L from Death Note when he
fucked up after figuring out who Kira was but he didn't fully act on it because he was just 99% sure

I agree on the Naruto war but to be fair, it's really just about Naruto and Bee everyone else is just army fodder to simulate a background for the grand stage.

fixed that for you.

survivor

Banned
Yes. You are right. Just like no one cares about the 106 people killed in Soul Society (or even worse, Sasakibe for that matter).

For readers to feel the effect of a war, we need to see that people we know and care about have either been greatly effected by it, or have died.

I remember Kishimoto saying "And 40,000 people on the side of good died"...did anyone react to that? NO. If Shikamaru died in the next chapter (<-example)...EVERYONE who reads Naruto would react to that 10 times more than they do to this statement: "30,000 additional members of the allied forces died."

Feels to me that killing anyone outside of that old short geezer and Tsunade will be just done for a cheap shock value. Not that I think it's bad, I just find it pointless at this point in the war.

Zekes!

Kodomo no Jikan 81

I can already see where this is going

Aoki ends up teaching Rin and friends in middle school

EDIT: should I admit to reading this

gunbo13

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
A kage going down is basically the equivalent to some antagonist offing the Master Commander in Bleach handily.
I agree with what you said about the character and his/her importance to each individual reader, however, I do not agree with this assessment for a multitude of reasons.

The Kages, as a group, are relatively new to the series. Three of the kages we know were only just introduced in one of the most recent arcs. Two of them are characters that no one has grown to love in comparison to Gaara and Tsunade, and one of them a lot of people genuinely like (A) because he's had character development and such. The Captain Commander, on the other hand, has been in it since the earliest of the Soul Society arc and we do not know his story or background yet. I really wish that Kishimoto would have shown us or given us a glimpse into who the other kages were early on in the series. Now? Their deaths hold no meaning to me.

The Captain Commander represents soul society itself. He has been the captain for a thousand years, and he is who is associated with Soul Society. These kages are simply following in the footsteps of their elders. The Captain Commander IS the giant that these current captains are standing on. "Over the course of 1,000 years, no shinigami has been born that is stronger than I"

The Captain Commander holds much more weight than these kages apparently do. Do you see how Madara looks down on all of these guys? He treats them with no respect despite the fact that he was never a Kage himself, and that is a position that he once revered! He's basically saying "You are the kages? You are not fit to be kages." In Bleach, even Aizen respected the Captain Commanders' strength. Fucking Aizen, the most vain, self centered guy in the world admitted that the CC's strength exceeded his own. He is the most respected person we have seen on screen in all of Bleach. People of the higher order in Naruto do not respect the kages, it seems.

All of these comparisons I'm making are in the context of each respective world, of course. But if a comparison MUST be made, I'd say that a kage going down is similar to a captain getting killed in Bleach.

Squall ASF said:
Now while it is a bit lame in respects, in context of Naruto's story, we needed to see the fruits of Naruto's power upgrade labor and he needed to make his presence felt by the entire ninja world. Everyone will owe him one and look up to him when this is all over, not just Konoha.
Oh come on. You can't be serious here. Naruto's growth could have easily been shown without him stealing fights and trampling everyone else's sacrifice. This is akin to you saying that Naruto's growth could be shown if he helped out Shikamaru, Neji, Chouji, and Kiba individually during the rescue Sasuke arc.

If Ichigo were to jump into each Captain's fight just to show his growth, that would be stupid. And it's also dumb as shit in Naruto. There are plenty of fights reserved for Naruto that show his fighting growth. Take the Pain battle for example. Tobi? Dr. Snake himself? These are all important fights but just as important was everyone elses battles and the fact that Naruto is single-handedly coming in to fight on their behalves is unforgivable in the context of a "war"

They are to protect Naruto. Similarly, this was held true in Bleach: http://i.imgur.com/gV1QX.jpg

Ichigo didn't step into anything he had no business stepping into (despite his wishes). He sat there on the sidelines and let everyone do what they needed to do until he was needed. This idea of Naruto having to jump around everyone trampling on the pride of those who want to protect him just for the sake of plot or to shoehorn Naruto's "growth" is very stupid. ESPECIALLY in the context of a war. And the bad thing is that Naruto's war is more war-like than Bleach's FKT arc in the sense of its scale, and yet this fundamental idea involving the protagonist and his involvement in it has been completely missed by Kishimoto.

survivor

Banned
I feel like I supported the wrong type of manga. Maybe I should read its description on MU

Student-Teacher Relationship

"Daisuke is a 23 year-old new schoolteacher. He ends up being put in charge of a 3rd grade elementary school class since the previous teacher quit"

Zekes!

I feel like I supported the wrong type of manga. Maybe I should read its description on MU

"Daisuke is a 23 year-old new schoolteacher. He ends up being put in charge of a 3rd grade elementary school class since the previous teacher quit"

don't back out on me now

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

KnJ?

Yeah, you want to avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom