• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels to me that killing anyone outside of that old short geezer and Tsunade will be just done for a cheap shock value. Not that I think it's bad, I just find it pointless at this point in the war.

I feel the same way .
Truth is i find people dieing just for shock value to be one of the worsts things ever in any form of fiction .

I'm pretty sure that it's Dr.Snakes not Snake Stat Flow.

gosh

btw my panel of the week.
WREg6.jpg

Steroyd

Kakashi definitely needs to die. Guy? I guess. Sai could've died. Yamato needs to die. And then one of the Konoha 11. That casualty list would be perfectly satisfying.

None of the Konoha 11 are going to die, the underlying theme for the whole manga is that the young surpass the old (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!).

None of the Konoha 11 are going to die, the underlying theme for the whole manga is that the young surpass the old (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!).

Also there is no need for all those characters to die , for what reason ?
You can say because it's a war but that is no reason to kill many characters around the same time.
1 or 2 really important deaths is all you need .
In fact sometimes killing to many people have the opposite and it becomes a joke to people .

The mangaka should read Lucifer BH to know how to do it right.

Hhmm manga is only 65 chapters and has a ending will check it out over the weekend or when i get time .

survivor

Banned
Hhmm manga is only 65 chapters and has a ending will check it out over the weekend or when i get time .

You will love it.

Just watch out of the "I wanna kill the MC" phase that everyone goes through when they read the manga. If you can survive it, you will be in for a ride.

Tobi still needs Bee's panties for his 10 tail bitch.

Which has a high chance of happening, but i will relent and say he has somekind of revelance (other from becoming Naruto's cheerleader lol)

Kodomo no Jikan 81

I can already see where this is going

Aoki ends up teaching Rin and friends in middle school

EDIT: should I admit to reading this

as long as you don't act like that last poster who talked about it.

Beaten by Solune

You will love it.

Just watch out of the "I wanna kill the MC" phase that everyone goes through when they read the manga. If you can survive it, you will be in for a ride.

Pretty Much imo

PK Gaming

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaah, i'm glad a couple of other people are giving Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer a chance, its a great manga. I have to admit, he's downright irrational and annoying early on, and is overshadowed by pretty much everyone in the cast in terms of likeability. Thankfully, he gets better a bit in the ensuing chapters and becomes fucking amazing for the rest of the series. He's hands down my favorite character in the series.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaah, i'm glad a couple of other people are giving Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer a chance, its a great manga. I have to admit, he's downright irrational and annoying early on, and is overshadowed by pretty much everyone in the cast in terms of likeability. Thankfully, he gets better a bit in the ensuing chapters and becomes fucking amazing for the rest of the series. He's hands down my favorite character in the series.

Once Dog Knight kicked the bucket and his intentions were known the MC started moving on up

Verelios

So you're saying he stops being a pussywhipped(hahaha tag quote) asshole mother fucker?

I have no idea what you're talking about sir. =/ True, he was a little dark but I had hope that he would become a fucking great anti-hero.

He had all the makings of one- sarcasm, apathy, scorn. Although I liked him all throughout the manga, I felt that he kind of veered from being an anti-hero archtype (understandable because of plot progression. Fucking mouse/dog knight) and turned into more of a conventional knight-hero...anti-hero. Yeah.

Bossun

Where does all this admiration for Lucifer and the BH comes from?
I remember reading the manga a year or so ago. I absolutely loved it. But it was an unknown manga, nobody talked or even mention it.
It's weird to see it in the mouth of everyone now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a rare example of good action shounen (even if it's not really shounen) and it got some hype here from our local manga hipsters, which slowly led to everyone picking it up.

Dont read if you didn't before.

I have no idea what you're talking about sir. =/ True, he was a little dark but I had hope that he would become a fucking great anti-hero.

He had all the makings of one- sarcasm, apathy, scorn. Although I liked him all throughout the manga, I felt that he kind of veered from being an anti-hero archtype (understandable because of plot progression. Fucking mouse/dog knight) and turned into more of a conventional knight-hero...anti-hero. Yeah.

i honestly don't think the Anti hero thing would have worked to be honest since he did show signs of wanting to be a better person but he tried to keep it up for a while.

Also you could technically call him one (for a while at least) since he did wanted to destroy the earth with the princess lol

absolutely. also the introduction of mikazuki as a foil/rival helped too!

it was funny to see that Dog knight was right in the evaluation of both of them being similar (one being insane aside) and that guy is just fucking cray lol

Combine

Banned
I was thinking about the colored first page of Naruto this week and the mention of the movie.
EnhxX.jpg

And apparently it was revealed yesterday that Kishi is actually going to be writing the script for the new movie:
This year's 17th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is annoucing on Monday that Naruto manga creator Masashi Kishimoto is personally conceiving the all-new story and designing the characters for the newest Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja. The film, which marks the 10th anniversary of the Naruto anime franchise, will open throughout Japan on July 28.

And this teaser scan was shown:
Fb8Ol.jpg

Wonder if it's an AU thing where Minato and Kushina lived and Naruto grew up normally.

Anagle Mole 10

I immediately regret starting this so early. It didn't take long for this to go full, emotional battle shounen and the earlier chapters with Luchiru's misconceptions about humans just makes this so much more effective.

PK Gaming

Holy shit Kushina with that hand seal.

Fuck, I hope she shows us a good moveset. Anyway, i'm actually excited for the movie it reminds of the 10th OP movie (Oda wrote it)

why is hinata and naruto open their clothes? Not that I have problem with it.

Kishi should write a bunch of different gaiden for the movie script. Hashirama vs madara especially need a movie budget.

survivor

Banned
It's a rare example of good action shounen (even if it's not really shounen) and it got some hype here from our local manga hipsters, which slowly led to everyone picking it up.

Campaign "Get everyone to read Biscuit Hammer and Girl by the Sea" has been very successful.

Where does all this admiration for Lucifer and the BH comes from?
I remember reading the manga a year or so ago. I absolutely loved it. But it was an unknown manga, nobody talked or even mention it.
It's weird to see it in the mouth of everyone now.
mangaf reads awesome manga like that

why is hinata and naruto open their clothes? Not that I have problem with it.

Kishi should write a bunch of different gaiden for the movie script. Hashirama vs madara especially need a movie budget.
It's a sign

HinataxNaruto is official.

I agree with what you said about the character and his/her importance to each individual reader, however, I do not agree with this assessment for a multitude of reasons.

The Kages, as a group, are relatively new to the series. Three of the kages we know were only just introduced in one of the most recent arcs. Two of them are characters that no one has grown to love in comparison to Gaara and Tsunade, and one of them a lot of people genuinely like (A) because he's had character development and such. The Captain Commander, on the other hand, has been in it since the earliest of the Soul Society arc and we do not know his story or background yet. I really wish that Kishimoto would have shown us or given us a glimpse into who the other kages were early on in the series. Now? Their deaths hold no meaning to me.

The Captain Commander represents soul society itself. He has been the captain for a thousand years, and he is who is associated with Soul Society. These kages are simply following in the footsteps of their elders. The Captain Commander IS the giant that these current captains are standing on. "Over the course of 1,000 years, no shinigami has been born that is stronger than I"

The Captain Commander holds much more weight than these kages apparently do. Do you see how Madara looks down on all of these guys? He treats them with no respect despite the fact that he was never a Kage himself, and that is a position that he once revered! He's basically saying "You are the kages? You are not fit to be kages." In Bleach, even Aizen respected the Captain Commanders' strength. Fucking Aizen, the most vain, self centered guy in the world admitted that the CC's strength exceeded his own. He is the most respected person we have seen on screen in all of Bleach. People of the higher order in Naruto do not respect the kages, it seems.

All of these comparisons I'm making are in the context of each respective world, of course. But if a comparison MUST be made, I'd say that a kage going down is similar to a captain getting killed in Bleach.

Oh come on. You can't be serious here. Naruto's growth could have easily been shown without him stealing fights and trampling everyone else's sacrifice. This is akin to you saying that Naruto's growth could be shown if he helped out Shikamaru, Neji, Chouji, and Kiba individually during the rescue Sasuke arc.

If Ichigo were to jump into each Captain's fight just to show his growth, that would be stupid. And it's also dumb as shit in Naruto. There are plenty of fights reserved for Naruto that show his fighting growth. Take the Pain battle for example. Tobi? Dr. Snake himself? These are all important fights but just as important was everyone elses battles and the fact that Naruto is single-handedly coming in to fight on their behalves is unforgivable in the context of a "war"

They are to protect Naruto. Similarly, this was held true in Bleach: http://i.imgur.com/gV1QX.jpg

Ichigo didn't step into anything he had no business stepping into (despite his wishes). He sat there on the sidelines and let everyone do what they needed to do until he was needed. This idea of Naruto having to jump around everyone trampling on the pride of those who want to protect him just for the sake of plot or to shoehorn Naruto's "growth" is very stupid. ESPECIALLY in the context of a war. And the bad thing is that Naruto's war is more war-like than Bleach's FKT arc in the sense of its scale, and yet this fundamental idea involving the protagonist and his involvement in it has been completely missed by Kishimoto.

I had a feeling you were going to make that comment about the commander. There isn't really an equivalent to him in Naruto so therefore, respective to the series, a Kage death is it's equivalent. If the Sage of the 6 paths were still alive, it'd be another story. The Kages are more significant than you give them credit for. An entire village (really a ninja nation) is affected by it and if the successor is weaker, they take a huge hit in power against the other rival villages. Also Madara is a special exception, he's one of the two strongest ninjas outside the sage of 6 paths to ever exist. Only the Sage and the First Hokage were stronger. I'm sure any other character alive still respects them, otherwise why didn't Tobi just wipe them out at the summit? What would have really happened to SS if the Master Commander died?(not counting how people would feel, just how it impact their ability to defend) He's barely done shit. All the greatest villains were dealt with by Ichigo and friends plus the commanders. This final arc should hopefully change that but yeah...

The Master Commander's death would only have one significance for the reader, his power level. He's that category two I mentioned previously. He is simply fodder to show how strong the enemy really is because again, he hasn't done shit in this series and you yourself just mentioned how Kubo never fleshed him out. He's a boss power wise, that's it. These Kages from the other villages are in the exact same boat. You know they are beasts because of their status. Actually, they all have more fleshing out than the Master Commander at least. I still won't argue it's enough to care about them though but they are the same as the Commander for Naruto's world. I agree that the Master Commander is more significant if you really had to compare the two because he's without equal in Bleach thus far whereas the Kages have each other as comparable powers but that doesn't change the fact that they leave the same impact for a Naruto reader because it's all just based on the power level.

I think I just worded that poorly. I meant to convey that I thought it was lame Naruto did that but I know why Kishi did it. I don't agree with it at all, I really wanted to see those guys handle shit themselves, ESPECIALLY Gara. I don't know why I worded it "we needed to see". Probably because I was trying to hammer my post out real quick so I could leave work haha

Anagle Mole

Caught up. I'm sad now. This has the potential to be high tier shounen and may even go beyond that. The Ueki guy seriously knows how to put together a fun story with excellent strategic battles and well-paced arcs.

I was thinking about the colored first page of Naruto this week and the mention of the movie.
http://i.imgur.com/EnhxX.jpg[/IG]

And apparently it was revealed yesterday that Kishi is actually going to be writing the script for the new movie:

And this teaser scan was shown:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Fb8Ol.jpg

Wonder if it's an AU thing where Minato and Kushina lived and Naruto grew up normally.

might be the first decent naruto movie.
that color spread aweeeeesoooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeee
-ino's outfit looks different
-wonder what's that monster behind Kushina

Looks like a shadow of the Ninetails to me. Fitting to be behind Naruto and Kushina if it is.

I thought that at first but then I wondered why they'd make a silhouette of the 9 tails, everyone already knows who it is. You might be right since naruto has his jacket open, maybe the seal broke or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom