• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Beelzebub 149:

The entire chapter was funny but my favorite parts were Toujou's random appearances and the random jumps to Furuichi.

Bakuman 172:

Glad to see the stalling is finally over and that we may be moving towards an end to this series. With all the popularity from the voice actress auditions, Saiko and Shujin's new anime should help their manga fully surpass Eiji's and that should wrap everything up nicely.

Until Death Do Us Part 128:

Glad to see this series is back with consistent releases again. The artwork has changed a bit but it seems to be more of an improvement style wise.

Lain

What do you mean, nope? I find it starts pretty bad. Basically every situation plays the same, the evil cousin acts like a moron, the protagonist is even more of one with her flip flopping (opening up to these dubious people way too fast and putting up with living with them), the female cousin isn't funny, the father of the protagonist is... another annoying character.
I mean, I decided to start reading it because I read you talking well of it and... it was a huge disappointment for me =(

survivor

Banned
Bakuman

Haha, did they really just pull that? The wrong line in the script but with Miho is the only one who got it right? Also bitch move for not telling everyone about the mistake. So much for fair competition.

But either way, YES, she won. This series can finally end now.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

Kinds feels like a retcon what with Gajeel never feeling it before, but oh well. It was amusing seeing the hype of last week being reduced to everyone basically just running. There were like 2 instances of magic in the whole thing, and they were completely irrelevant.

And then this gem happened:
"Pfft, friends? That's just trash."

It's like the 2nd biggest flag ever (close behind "I wish these days would last forever"). It's obvious what's gonna happen now!

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

The moment I saw the word Chariot, I thought it's predictably going to be Natsu's turn, didn't expect the other two slayers to be the same mind you. ¬_¬

And then I facepalmed when chubby got de-chubbied.

And then I facepalmed more at the end, I knew this cliche'd crap was going to happen.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail

Omg, that fucking Fairy Tail retcon. Natsu's motion sickness was his own thing, completely unrelated to dragon slaying. IT WAS A LEGITIMATE WEAKNESS, and now you're telling me "awakened" DS' or whatever have this weakness? Urgh. Why the fuck did Natsu participate in the first place? I think Hiro was going for a cheap laugh and failed (I actually usually laugh at FTs shitty jokes)

Awful chapter. It was boring and introduced a huge retcon, that may end up biting the series in the ass.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

Omg, that fucking Fairy Tail retcon. Natsu's motion sickness was his own thing, completely unrelated to dragon slaying. IT WAS A LEGITIMATE WEAKNESS, and now you're telling me "awakened" DS' or whatever have this weakness? Urgh. Why the fuck did Natsu participate in the first place? I think Hiro was going for a cheap laugh and failed (I actually usually laugh at FTs shitty jokes)

Awful chapter. It was boring and introduced a huge retcon, that may end up biting the series in the ass.

What I find hilarious is that Laxus is supposed to be a fake dragonslayer if I remember correctly, and he has a "real" dragonslayers weakness.

Fairy Tail

Impeccable. This chapter was quite the emotional rollercoaster ride. Only Mashima can make me laugh at one moment and cry the next. I loved the triple Dragon Slayer cover page with the best Dragon Slayers and then the chapter featuring them in action. It was pretty epic. The budding camaraderie was pretty cool as their interaction was something I did not expect and was pleased. Many laughs at the panel when it was Natsu all wobbly like as it never gets old just like Gray's gimmick and now Gajeel has one too.

But then Mashima shocked and surprised with that beautiful finish, I was taken aback at how nice it was. It was so moving and touching, I think Natsu consistently makes the best speeches as this will always be remembered just like all his others. Stories and friendship is always so compelling to me. Through my many tears I was glad they finally scored points on the board, leave it to Natsu to save the day!

Ultimately, Fairy Tail can win this tournament now!

Fairy Tail

Impeccable. This chapter was quite the emotional rollercoaster ride. Only Mashima can make me laugh at one moment and cry the next. I loved the triple Dragon Slayer cover page with the best Dragon Slayers and then the chapter featuring them in action. It was pretty epic. The budding camaraderie was pretty cool as their interaction was something I did not expect and was pleased. Many laughs at the panel when it was Natsu all wobbly like as it never gets old just like Gray's gimmick and now Gajeel has one too.

But then Mashima shocked and surprised with that beautiful finish, I was taken aback at how nice it was. It was so moving and touching, I think Natsu consistently makes the best speeches as this will always be remembered just like all his others. Stories and friendship is always so compelling to me. Through my many tears I was glad they finally scored points on the board, leave it to Natsu to save the day!

Ultimately, Fairy Tail can win this tournament now!

Claps and Bows!!

Never change DTL you are a refreshing breeze in mangaf.

survivor

Banned
Fairy Tail

Don't you just love it when cheap comedy chapters shit all over established characters traits?

gunbo13

And now I need to read the second volume of that shitty manga, あいこら

sigh
We could always set up an opt out clause. It would entail a severe punishment since you picked the manga. Something like forfeiting your next controlled ban-bet and having to write a detailed post about a manga I like, yet you yet. A big long big 3 type post about the awesomeness of The Breaker sounds on par.

The choice is yours. *dun dun dun*
I mean, I decided to start reading it because I read you talking well of it and... it was a huge disappointment for me =(
Well, I started reading it a long time ago. So I don't remember the beginning much. But it has been one of my favorite light reads for the past 50 of so chapters. It doesn't have great consistency in theme but it is funny as well as cheerful.

Plus, it was your mistake for picking up a manga I talked positively about. My recommendations and taste are terrible. I only actually recommend this stuff to Scy cause he has equally poor taste. Or equally low standards, one of those.

---

So DTL has groupies now?

Lain

I only actually recommend this stuff to Scy cause he has equally poor taste. Or equally low standards, one of those.

You like The Breaker and Until Death Do Us Part, so you can't have all that bad taste or low standards, I say.

Btw, what was the name of that manga with a redhead you were talking about before in the previous thread?

upandaway

I remember some of FT's jokes made me lol pretty hard. Gajeel wanting a cat because of Natsu and Wendy (and then saying he wants the huge one) for example.

Lucifer & BH
Just read the last chapter i have to thank everyone that recommend the series to me .
It was really enjoyable , there was nothing wrong with it and it had a great ending .
Will tell my manga friends to also read it , all in all good stuff.

survivor

Banned
We could always set up an opt out clause. It would entail a severe punishment since you picked the manga. Something like forfeiting your next controlled ban-bet and having to write a detailed post about a manga I like, yet you yet. A big long big 3 type post about the awesomeness of The Breaker sounds on par.

The choice is yours. *dun dun dun*

Hell no. I have the perfect revenge manga to make you read so I'm holding on to finish this trash.

Lucifer & BH
Just read the last chapter i have thank everyone that recommend the series to me .
It was really enjoyable , there was nothing t wrong with it and it had a great ending .
Will tell my manga friends also about it , all in all good stuff.
high five

I might have to do a reread for the manga sometime in the summer. I read it long time ago and I don't remember a lot of the small plot points.

gunbo13

You like The Breaker and Until Death Do Us Part, so you can't have all that bad taste or low standards, I say.
Well, then just know huge mound of salt with anything I praise. Chance are it is pretty bad.
Btw, what was the name of that manga with a redhead you were talking about before in the previous thread?
Red-Haired Snow White.
Hell no. I have the perfect revenge manga to make you read so I'm holding on to finish this trash.
So it only took a few rounds until we got to revenge bets? Damn, we kept things peaceful for longer then I expected.

Fairy Tail
This chapter was fucking awful but hey i in good mood after reading a good manga so whatever .

high five , I might have to do a reread for the manga sometime in the summer. I read it long time ago and I don't remember a lot of the small plot points.
It really was a good read .

scy

Medaka Box 139 - Medaka breakdown is glorious and Zenkichi taking the MC status (though, really, he's had it for about 20 chapters) is amazing. Now, can this finish strongly?
Also, I do so hope there's a confession still

I have to wonder how long it takes DTL to draft those posts. Or is he just combining previous posts and then saying the exact opposite? Hm.

Plus, it was your mistake for picking up a manga I talked positively about. My recommendations and taste are terrible. I only actually recommend this stuff to Scy cause he has equally poor taste. Or equally low standards, one of those.

I do read terrible things, it's true.

upandaway

So DTL has groupies now?
I guess the difference between now and OT2/3 is that then, I couldn't ever mimic DTL even if I tried. But anyone can write what he's writing now (and there's no point in saying he delivered something anyone can deliver if he tried to troll you). I really, really hate being negative about people, but I don't like this, sorry guys.

survivor

Banned
So it only took a few rounds until we got to revenge bets? Damn, we kept things peaceful for longer then I expected.
Don't worry, it will be a good manga. You will hate it at first but like any reasonable person, you will love it later on.

I do read terrible things, it's true.

Glad you guys cleared the first step.

I guess the difference between now and OT2/3 is that then, I couldn't ever mimic DTL even if I tried. But anyone can write what he's writing now (and there's no point in saying he delivered something anyone can deliver if he tried to troll you). I really, really hate being negative about people, but I don't like this, sorry guys.

To tell the truth sometimes i do want to see how DTL is going to spin things.
I get a good laugh every now and then .

I remember some of FT's jokes made me lol pretty hard. Gajeel wanting a cat because of Natsu and Wendy (and then saying he wants the huge one) for example.

I thought the motion thing was alright, he has always wanted to fit in with the other dragonslayers and now he has one more thing.

I really dont ever recall seeing Gajeel on any sort of transportation in the past.

Medaka Box 139

I'm still of the opinion that,
Asahin is Medaka from the future come back in time to stop herself from becoming too perfect and too inhuman

That's my theory and i'm sticking to it!

Until next week when i'm proven wrong. :p

Kreed

Fairy Tail 276:

The transportation weakness now being shared by all the Dragon Slayers kind of seems like a "rip" at One Piece's Devil Fruit water weakness IMO. I liked it better when it was just Natsu's weakness but eh well, it's not that important really (at least not until we get some long back story explaining it). The ending of the chapter was typical Fairy Tail "love conquers all" nonsense and I'm with Steroyd on the facepalm of Chubby girl getting skinny all of a sudden.

So DTL has groupies now?

DTL has been overshadowed by a bigger thread annoyance.

gunbo13

It really was a good read .
Also has some of the best enemy art out there.
Don't worry, it will be a good manga. You will hate it at first but like any reasonable person, you will love it later on.
I'm already reading Bakuman.
Says the guy who reads the same shit.

Plus, we've been on the other side of the first step since the beginning. We read shoujo. Nuff said.
DTL has been overshadowed by a bigger thread annoyance.
That's cause his bait got stale and all the smart fish told the guppies to stay away.

scy

Medaka Box 139

I'm still of the opinion that,
Asahin is Medaka from the future come back in time to stop herself from becoming too perfect and too inhuman

That's my theory and i'm sticking to it!

Until next week when i'm proven wrong. :p

Would be fitting, and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possiblity and all, for this. I did like the switch of the Flask Plan at the start of the story to now, though.

You make it sound like I don't advertise that normally.

Speaking of terrible things:

Yamada-kun somethingsomething Witches 3 - ...Boob heaven! So, is anything going to happen? While the random kissing every chapter is like making up for Yankee-kun's shortcomings and ...

...oh, alright. I guess that works.

upandaway

Boku wa Tomodachi etc etc

Sena is definitely a thing and I like her but if I were Yozora I'd definitely try and get at her. It just seems like the normal thing to do. It's like she's secretly enjoying it, and it'll be really awkward if you don't troll the hell out of her constantly.

Nana to Kaoru 66-68

Hahaha that was a good one. Such humiliation. Serves her right.

gunbo13

You make it sound like I don't advertise that normally.
Don't worry, we both know survivor's true colors. He tries to hide behind his "quality" manga reads but that won't work on us.

On another note, now that stuff like Nana To Kaoru, Hentai Ouji, and Panty Scissors X are getting press we should try to break something else out. Oniichan Control would probably be the worst example I can think of.

survivor

Banned
Yamada and the Seven Witches 1

They kissed in the first chapter? What the bloody fuck is going on?

Guys, is this manga? Are you sure it's not some doujin?

flawfuls

Don't worry, we both know survivor's true colors. He tries to hide behind his "quality" manga reads but that won't work on us.

On another note, now that stuff like Nana To Kaoru, Hentai Ouji, and Panty Scissors X are getting press we should try to break something else out. Oniichan Control would probably be the worst example I can think of.

Bwahaha Oniichan Control is definitely something.

scy

Yamada and the Seven Witches 1

They kissed in the first chapter? What the bloody fuck is going on?

Guys, is this manga? Are you sure it's not some doujin?

RIGHT?! It's like an apology to those of us who read Yankee-kun!

Minamoto Happy Happy Incest Time was the surprising breakout star here. I do wonder if that will ever be toppled. Oniichan Control may be the answer we're looking for...

Though, Oreimo success and all.

shimrra

Kakashi definitely needs to die. Guy? I guess. Sai could've died. Yamato needs to die. And then one of the Konoha 11. That casualty list would be perfectly satisfying.

I think Kakashi will survive at the end but with out the sharingan eye. I could care less if Guy dies he just feels more like a comic relief in the show.

gunbo13

Bwahaha Oniichan Control is definitely something.
The original take on such a despicable topic is hilarious. The way he "themes" his place is priceless. lol
RIGHT?! It's like an apology to those of us who read Yankee-kun!
Yea, fuck Yankee Glasses. Reading that ending spoiler was tragic and it became so drawn out. Such an obligation read now.
Minamoto Happy Happy Incest Time was the surprising breakout star here. I do wonder if that will ever be toppled. Oniichan Control may be the answer we're looking for...
I'll take part of the blame for Minamoto but I'll deny any responsibility on this one.

survivor

Banned
Yamada and the Seven Witches 2-5

This is pretty much Flunk Punk Rumble (oh gawd) but with a much better characters cast. Really hope it doesn't lose its momentum and stagnate like Yankee Megane did.

Yea, fuck Yankee Glasses. Reading that ending spoiler was tragic and it became so drawn out. Such an obligation read now.
It's gonna be hard going back to that trash

So DTL has groupies now?

This thread wouldn't be half as entertaining without DTL, remember when we had someone try to step it up and pretend to post like him when he was banned? Who else here would have someone imitate their posts in their absence? <3 You DTL, you're my favorite little troll.

It's true, we could simulate it now but no one does and he's just a familiar personality in this forum. When I think a chapter is particularly shitty, I look forward to see just how much hyperbole and what adjectives he will use. I think it's namely funny because some of you guys still get affected by it. People take it too seriously.

gunbo13

This thread wouldn't be half as entertaining without DTL, remember when we had someone try to step it up and pretend to post like him when he was banned? Who else here would have someone imitate their posts in their absence?
Don't really care cause I don't find his posts entertaining. I find the entire thing childish. But at the same time, I again don't care about that either. So yea, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom