• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

eqfmb.jpg

My happy meter goes up when T7 is read.

Bit unrelated, but in what movie did Gogeta ever fight Broly? Kind of confused...

Defuser

Incest aunt story ch 25
Fuck this shit, it's bad enough every fortnight chapter is half the standard pages but a timely troll at the end? wtf

Guesong

I thought it showed that the Vindice want to win at all costs. Only thing it really suffered from is the motive that Reborn, Yuni, Fon and so have on Tsuna's development.

Them taking all of team Shimon's watches by pure force and surprise already gave and confirmed that idea.

Reborn's motive, while it is good that it is cleared up (as evident as it was), did not need 5-6 pages of "Oh, did you not know Colonello? Yes, I'm Fon and I know. IT'S ALL ABOUT TSUNA!".

And then showing each team getting attacked...I'm okay with the Iemitsu part since it shows a little more (Vindice attacking Tsuna's mom), but we could have covered all the other with a 1-2 page spread showcasing everyone in a confrontation with Vindice. No need to depict it in 1-2 page for each team.

I think that's from one of the games

edit: yep, it is from DBZ Budokai 3 opening

Ahhh, I should have figured. Still silly. Thanks! ^^

Azure J

Trinity Seven (caught up)

I like this a lot. I'm kinda lost at what to say about it though, it's.. pretty awesome. Lots and lots of tropes but that's fine. So uh, that's that.

Oh yeah and Arin is best girl.

This is a very apt breakdown of my own feelings for T7. Arin is which one again? Personally, cousin expy, tall chick and ninja are best.

upandaway

The cousin is the Arin-lookalike, not the other way around. Get it right people, c'mon

That's the one with the writer lady that makes her own daughters do indecent stuff to get inspiration for her novels, right?
The shit she does to them is damn illegal. Holy crap.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Prunus Girl 1- 14

One of the better comedy manga out there. There is barely any fanservice which is a good thing and Aikawa's face expressions are still hilarious.

The only thing that is missing is more focus on the supporting characters, especially the trio girls.

There's a whole story arc for one of the girls later on.

789shadow

Banned
Anyway, while I was banned, I went through about the first 20-25 chapters of TWGOK. Keima just has boatloads of priceless reactions to stuff. It also helps that the girls are really cute.

Azure J

I like how she's one of the best girls as per my post but I didn't even remember her name. :lol

I'm reading too many manga at the same time again.

Since I'm all about the drama around here,
lol
let me tell a quick story. There has been some discussion about the fine literary work we colorfully refer to as "Aunt Breasts." The basic question is why would you "enjoy" watching a guy feel up his aunt? Incest eww, feeling up lame, etc... etc...

I call it the "watch my character run in an MMO" effect. You see, when you play an MMO you can sometimes play for thousands of hours. And as a guy, you may not enjoy watching the backside of some gar dude for that duration. So you instead create a female so you can watch her backside. It's not like you are "hawking" her as she runs getting ideas, you just find it to be an improvement. Then you find that you can clothe her less to make the experience a bit more "vivid." It sort of devolves from there.

We read popular battle shounen, tasteful romcom like TWGOK, funny stuff from Beelzebub, drama in Lucifer BH, and more artsy manga. But do we need to read a bunch more manga that all resemble those? Do we need to really see the same power-ups, otaku references, gag comedy, friend slaughter, and weird art? Fuck no so shut it! Aunt Tits doesn't star my aunt, so I don't give a fuck. Instead of seeing the typical shounen gags, I'll laugh as the dude awkwardly makes out with his aunt. And instead of seeing out of proportion or stupid looking females, I'll take a gaze at the nudity in the trashy romcom. Rito can have my sword for grabbing a pair of boobs every chapter instead of some idiot big 3 rip-off MC who is 10 fuck ways from stupid.

So yea, some of us just like to look at the backside of a barely clothed female ninja instead of a fat dwarf with a battle axe.

How was that for a stealth post to get Glass Rebel to read Aunt Tits?

dafuq is this shit.

Gantz 360

Cherry was hallucinating then he just teleported?
Then, there are some people chilling in Japan watching the show.
Talk about random.

upandaway

Belief & Sex (caught up)

Aya is the cutest darn marshmallow pie but something is wrong with her head. I bet she'll hate him for not taking the pictures, too (even though he has no obligation to do anything as long as Aya doesn't force him to).

This manga is pretty crazy. If I made a bullet-list of the shit that happens there I don't doubt some people here will definitely think stuff

Zekes!

I officially started Hunter x Hunter last night. I only read the first chapter, but I decided to ready this at a slow steady pace

survivor

Banned
Biomega vol 2

lol, this volume probably had more text than the entire run of Blame. Didn't think they were gonna have another synthetic human having her own adventures along with the bear. Oh yeah and speaking of the bear, WTF is this?
QqFl9.png

Oh yeah, the enemy designs are still kickass. Just love how you see so many badass looking robots and whatever and they get killed in one chapter. None of the fights really ever get drawn out and that's really good.

PK Gaming

Since I'm all about the drama around here,
lol
let me tell a quick story. There has been some discussion about the fine literary work we colorfully refer to as "Aunt Breasts." The basic question is why would you "enjoy" watching a guy feel up his aunt? Incest eww, feeling up lame, etc... etc...

I call it the "watch my character run in an MMO" effect. You see, when you play an MMO you can sometimes play for thousands of hours. And as a guy, you may not enjoy watching the backside of some gar dude for that duration. So you instead create a female so you can watch her backside. It's not like you are "hawking" her as she runs getting ideas, you just find it to be an improvement. Then you find that you can clothe her less to make the experience a bit more "vivid." It sort of devolves from there.

We read popular battle shounen, tasteful romcom like TWGOK, funny stuff from Beelzebub, drama in Lucifer BH, and more artsy manga. But do we need to read a bunch more manga that all resemble those? Do we need to really see the same power-ups, otaku references, gag comedy, friend slaughter, and weird art? Fuck no so shut it! Aunt Tits doesn't star my aunt, so I don't give a fuck. Instead of seeing the typical shounen gags, I'll laugh as the dude awkwardly makes out with his aunt. And instead of seeing out of proportion or stupid looking females, I'll take a gaze at the nudity in the trashy romcom. Rito can have my sword for grabbing a pair of boobs every chapter instead of some idiot big 3 rip-off MC who is 10 fuck ways from stupid.

So yea, some of us just like to look at the backside of a barely clothed female ninja instead of a fat dwarf with a battle axe.

How was that for a stealth post to get Glass Rebel to read Aunt Tits?

I'm not sure if I should laugh hysterically or pity you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Biomega vol 2

lol, this volume probably had more text than the entire run of Blame. Didn't think they were gonna have another synthetic human having her own adventures along with the bear. Oh yeah and speaking of the bear, WTF is this?
QqFl9.png

Oh yeah, the enemy designs are still kickass. Just love how you see so many badass looking robots and whatever and they get killed in one chapter. None of the fights really ever get drawn out and that's really good.
Whats with the dude and bears? Theres a cyborg one in knights of sidonia.

Lain

Hori High School Hanemono Ranger Vol 2
1bdf8b65a4a8a22e61632c9c3f7a950da7b2a32a.png

Second volume was better than the first for me. It was also more smut than the first.
First story was about Anne and Hayato. It was nice to see Hayato trying to work to be able to take his girlfriend out, but I definitely liked the second story more, with Sakaka and Hayato's sister, Rin. The way
the relationship started between the two was silly, yet cute
and it was cool to see Sakaka grow some balls by the end of the chapter, even if Rin is still cooler than him.
The third story, which was mostly about appearance, wasn't bad either. The revenge near the end left me a bit disappointed. Exacting revenge is nice and all, but if only after you realize that with your actions you'll make someone dear to you suffer, then you're a big moron. Luckily for Akira, his girlfriend was pretty great.
The last story is the one I liked least, mostly because I don't exactly find a dentist working on someone's mouth a turn on.

Wiseblade

I don't worry about them in the traditional sense ( I kind of gave that up being a card carrying member of CreepyGAF, RIP) But rather that they'd see posts like this:

Minamoto-kun:
This.

Is.

Fantastic.

and think these series were actually good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know how you can't enjoy something this ridiculous.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, honest question, if you were living with your bombshell-drill hair-lit nerd aunt and she offered sex, would you take her up on it?

Anybody else had a misleading name experience?

It wasn't with manga but... I watched the Vampire Knight anime. Thought to myself "Vampires are awesome (this was before the Twilight hype), Knights are awesome... this must be extra awesome, right?"

Wrong.

Yeah, that's my story.

Edit: It is time to nuke this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom