• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

They passed a law stopping Ken from writing his shitty manga?

I haven't read a single manga by Ken, I'm talking about the repercussions for Pixiv and the doujin community.

I'm pretty sure I remember Akamatsu bitching about that law ages ago so unless something new happened recently I doubt it was the reason for anything.

I mean if the law is still active or whatever.

I'm pretty sure I remember Akamatsu bitching about that law ages ago so unless something new happened recently I doubt it was the reason for anything.

Yep i remember him bitching about it months ago.
Still the law pass a good while ago so i don't see how that would effect the manga unless he wanted to do something which now outlaw.

On the topic of Sailor Moon i watch the 1st season dub then when i got internet i look at the rest in sub format , along with checking out the manga and stuff .
Still i don't think i can watch or read it back again .
Plus real men watch PreCure if they want to see a Magical girl show these days .

I dunno man, her outfit....

Speaking of totally not trashy romcoms, I can't be the only one reading Prunus Girl, right?
It's pretty much my favourite romcom. Largely because I really like Aikawa the main pairing for a change.

198334pslqn.png

PK Gaming

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer ~ End

An excellent end to an excellent series. LBH was just a damn good read from beginning to end.

The things I liked:
-Characters (every single one of them) and how they're not cliche's (Shimaki isn't incompetent despite being fat, etc)
-The plot twist at the end, and Amiya's fight vs the
Mystic knights; what a boss.
I didn't
the princess
would actually go through wit it.
-The final showdown between
Mikuzaki and Amiya
-The golems starting from 7 and on. The 11th golem is a really good character
-Domain concept is really cool
-The main villain. He's like the most polite villain ever hahaha

Things I didn't like
-Some of the fights were TOO short
-Pacing at times was rushed

At the end of the day though, it was a damn good manga through and through. Solanin next ♪

PK Gaming

That's called good pacing in a battle manga

You are not ready for the best manga ever written. You must increase you power level first.

Its just that often times they'd fights something... fight would end abruptly, a panel later you see character X doing something, repeat ad nauseam. A good example of this was #11's fight vs Shimaki. It was epic, but damn It could have been spaced out better. I'd like to point that it was a minor gripe anyway.

I am sooooooooooo ready.

You are not ready for the best manga ever written. You must increase you power level first.

I read Solanin but tell the truth i did not like it as much as some people .
Maybe because i knew what was going to happen before it did still it was okay .
A death is often used to add drama and i saw it coming from a mile away

survivor

Banned

A death is often used to add drama and i saw it coming from mile away

G0HNr.png

The death of Taneda wasn't really there for drama but more as a method to allow Meiko to grow on her own and live independently.

The death of Taneda wasn't really there for drama but more as a method to allow Meiko to grow on her own and live independently.

Which is why it is often used when you want to change a character .
I just toss it under drama , thought that might be wrong term i use .

Fans are like that though. Tons of people here probably know more about Zelda than Miyamoto etc.

Only Wakaki Himself knows where the series is going and I've often found it difficult to predict. Also his narrative consistency is very sound, he keeps track of details and draws up diagrams and such to ensure continuity. Some of the foreshadowing has been brilliantly subtle, undeniably premeditated, yet so obvious in retrospect. I think he has a very strong command of his own material, unlike say, Kubo. A very methodical sort of guy. You couldn't write a plot like this without staying organized.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A death is often used to add drama and i saw it coming from a mile away

Honestly though, the drama isn't really what makes the manga great. It's the way it deals with people slowly losing their dreams and dealing with it. Resonated with me more because I feel like I'm going through the same phase when I was reading it.

upandaway

Only Wakaki Himself knows where the series is going and I've often found it difficult to predict. Also his narrative consistency is very sound, he keeps track of details and draws up diagrams and such to ensure continuity. Some of the foreshadowing has been brilliantly subtle, undeniably premeditated, yet so obvious in retrospect. I think he has a very strong command of his own material, unlike say, Kubo. A very methodical sort of guy. You couldn't write a plot like this without staying organized.
Yeah it sorta comes with the kinda series it is. I imagine there's some sort of crazy obsessive fan out there or something (well aside from predicting, they usually suck at that)

By the way any reason why I never see my own edit lines and always see others'? I'm pretty sure I edited some posts late enough for it. It's awkward.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Like these manga which get almost no discussion and are not trashy romcom:
Accel World
Asamiya-san no Imouto
Fukashigi Philia
Love In Hell
School Shock

i want to like school shock, but the random updates and that fan art filler chapter really kill my interest.

upandaway

What, I don't qualify?
I'm unqualified to qualify

Vinland Saga 81

Things have been getting so real lately. This is the realest manga.

Even if she somehow survives this, something will go down. Plus Ketil is living in his own little fantasy about her, he's not gonna take it easy that she still cares for her husband (hell I don't think he knows she had a husband).

Fairy Tail 276

This time it's a race on moving carts. Fairy Tail does badly again. I'm sure everyone reading is shocked. At least this time it wasn't COMPLETELY through unbelievably stupid, near impossible to believe garbage like most of the first day ones were, though; this time it's Natsu, on moving vehicles, so his doing badly is to be expected... oddly enough though Gajeel and the Sabertooth guy do even worse. Apparently all Dragon Slayers have Natsu's problem, now? Um... sure... that's kind of stupid, but whatever.

Prunus Girl 31

Funny as always... I wonder if the main character will ever admit that he likes Aikawa. This series is more about humor than plot development, but you never know...

(And yes, this series is good.)

Even if that was the reason, it in no way excuses how awful Negima's non-ending "ending" was.

upandaway

Trinity Seven ch1

I'm starting to suspect something is wrong with me when I'm hit with such a rapid fire of cliches, and the thing that gets me the most.. is that MC sits next to the window in class

edit: I'm loving his attitude

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Thank god

You know, you could have actually read the article which doesn't actually say that at all. His contract with Kodansha ended and the law in question is a copyright law.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Trinity Seven ch1

I'm starting to suspect something is wrong with me when I'm hit with such a rapid fire of cliches, and the thing that gets me the most.. is that MC sits next to the window in class

edit: I'm loving his attitude

Trinity seven is good, tons of self aware humor that helps take the bite out of seeing so many of the standard harem tropes.

Pachael

Even if that was the reason, it in no way excuses how awful Negima's non-ending "ending" was.

Agree to that. Though, this doesn't deny that the big pubs have been pushing their way around for a while and has been ramping up over the years.

The linked linked link about Akamatsu talking to Matsumoto (KOR) is quite nice though.

flawfuls

Boku to Issho End

That was pretty funny, but it started to get a little bit grating after a while. The characters are just sooooo obnoxious, but I guess that was the point. On the plus side this manga has some of the best facial expressions I've ever seen.

gunbo13

i want to like school shock, but the random updates and that fan art filler chapter really kill my interest.
It's hard to hear complaints due to the sound of the awesomeness though.
GEAR said:
Trinity Seven ch1

How else will he notice visitors who beckon him from the trees outside?

upandaway

Trinity Seven (caught up)

I like this a lot. I'm kinda lost at what to say about it though, it's.. pretty awesome. Lots and lots of tropes but that's fine. So uh, that's that.

Oh yeah and Arin is best girl.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Trinity Seven (caught up)

I like this a lot. I'm kinda lost at what to say about it though, it's.. pretty awesome. Lots and lots of tropes but that's fine. So uh, that's that.

Oh yeah and Arin is best girl.

I don't remember their names, but cousin-lookalike and the ninja are the best.

Although all the girls are good in this series!

Reborn 378

Well I laughed at Iemitsu's comment about the loan to his house, Flan being scared, and Reborn's motive. Otherwise it was really shocking of what happened. Basil better not be defeated, Mukuro too.

Wiseblade

So I caught up with Hunter x Hunter...

That hospital/election arc was really good. Leorio is a boss for punching Ging. The new arc looks interesting, but I'm going to cry over the break.

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl 1- 14

One of the better comedy manga out there. There is barely any fanservice which is a good thing and Aikawa's face expressions are still hilarious.

The only thing that is missing is more focus on the supporting characters, especially the trio girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom