• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Hayate

I already lost it when she just took his milk like that. I didn't last 3 pages.

Karate

Wow, the way he made that announcement was really bitter. They could have at least tried to hide it with something like "new rule, losers to immediately-retired players continue".

Also Mutou's elbows are insane. Does he sharpen them with knives or something?

[*]Who else on MangaGaf isn't black?
[/LIST]
KuGsj.gif

I'm Jewish. Try to guess my race from that.

Lain

Do I have to post my shounen read count again?

Wait...that doesn't really disprove your point...hmmm...

Here is a list of shounen I like:
Accel World
Beelzebub
Bleach
Change 123
Chrno Crusade
Countrouble
Fukashigi Philia
Gan-Kon
Girls Saurus
Hajimete no Aku
Hekikai no AiON
High-School DxD
HoTD
Karin
Kekkaishi
Love Hina
Lunar Legend Chronicles
Magico
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Nisekoi
Onidere
Otaku no Musume-san
Princess Lucia
RtV1/2
Sankarea
School Shock
Sora no Otoshimono
Tasogare Otome
The Breaker: New Waves
The Legend of Maian
TLRD
Trinity 7
TWGOK
Umisho

I don't see Ushio and Tora in that list. You should really do something about that. And if you tell me you read it and didn't like it, I... I... I'll cry.

Suashi no Meteorite

This really got dramatic, but not in a bad way. Other gods seem cool even if their very existence is leading to some dangerous situations. The comedy is still top-notch and the battles have potential.

Uzumaki Ch. 11

This is fucked up! I don't even know where to start... snails... pots... mosquitos... hair... auugh

Edit: rofl "storms don't really have an eye" --> storm has an actual eye.

Binbougami ga! vol 1

This is like the exact opposite of Ah My Goddess. Some arrogant bitch is super lucky to the point that she's absorbing other people's luck, so some goddess of misfortune is sent to take her good energy to restore the balance.

It's pretty funny and kind of heartwarming too. Would be nice if the translation picked up since only 2 volumes of 10 are available. Maybe it will get an anime soon even.

The color spreads selected for this weeks interview in the weekly shonen jump alphla Oda interview look nice (both from Fishman Island), I wish the actual print manga, and I guess digital volumes from viz here actually had them in color, really the only thing I dislike about print manga.

survivor

Banned
Saturn Apartments vol 3

I'm liking the entire cast for this manga which is very rare for most manga. I did hate Makoto in the beginning but he stopped being a dick after and just became a good dude.

Sohta's research with Nishimaru is really interesting. I never knew before but I guess descending to Earth is too hard? I thought it was just a natural problem, didn't think it was a technical one. It will also be interesting to see if they will go through with their plan and make Mitsu go down to Earth.

The manga right now is pretty much structured into 2 type of chapters: the ones that focus on the core cast of characters revealing new information about them or showing their daily lives with other characters, and chapters that just deal with Mitsu and new clients with their interesting backstory. I think they are both pretty good but I prefer the former cause it moves the story forward. Though some of the clients story are very interesting like the one with the girl that wanted Mitsu to live with her or the ghost kid.

Zekes!

Saturn Apartments vol 3

I'm liking the entire cast for this manga which is very rare for most manga. I did hate Makoto in the beginning but he stopped being a dick after and just became a good dude.

Sohta's research with Nishimaru is really interesting. I never knew before but I guess descending to Earth is too hard? I thought it was just a natural problem, didn't think it was a technical one. It will also be interesting to see if they will go through with their plan and make Mitsu go down to Earth.

The manga right now is pretty much structured into 2 type of chapters: the ones that focus on the core cast of characters revealing new information about them or showing their daily lives with other characters, and chapters that just deal with Mitsu and new clients with their interesting backstory. I think they are both pretty good but I prefer the former cause it moves the story forward. Though some of the clients story are very interesting like the one with the girl that wanted Mitsu to live with her or the ghost kid.

Saturn Apartments deserves to be more popular. Such a great, charming and relaxing manga. I just ordered volume 4 this morning

Anne Freaks 1-END

This. This. This is the greatest love story ever told. It's like the author went up to me personally, asked me "what would be your ideal romance?", and then I told him and he made a fucking series about it.

Long story short, MC meets girl while burying his mother's corpse. Girl helps him dispose of it. MC falls in love with girl (as you do). Girl is a nutcase who's waging her own personal war against a terrorist... cult... group... thing. Murderous hijinks ensue.

I came buckets when Yuri made the 'wrong' choice near the end. It's always refreshing when MCs diverge away from all the saintly kindness that the majority seem to exude from every fibre of their body. Also I'm a big fan of troll endings when they're done right (I nearly split my sides at the end of P&SwG), so the last 10 pages absolutely killed me in the best possible way.

982492.jpg

Also I would let Anna touch my gun any day of the week.

Lain

Anne Freaks 1-END

This. This. This is the greatest love story ever told. It's like the author went up to me personally, asked me "what would be your ideal romance?", and then I told him and he made a fucking series about it.

Long story short, MC meets girl while burying his mother's corpse. Girl helps him dispose of it. MC falls in love with girl (as you do). Girl is a nutcase who's waging her own personal war against a terrorist... cult... group... thing. Murderous hijinks ensue.

I came buckets when Yuri made the 'wrong' choice near the end. It's always refreshing when MCs diverge away from all the saintly kindness that the majority seem to exude from every fibre of their body. Also I'm a big fan of troll endings when they're done right (I nearly split my sides at the end of P&SwG), so the last 10 pages absolutely killed me in the best possible way.

982492.jpg

Also I would let Anna touch my gun any day of the week.

I liked this too, enough to get all 4 volumes. Though I must admit, I did that mainly because of the cover arts and only subsequently I went and read it (I'm that shallow).

Paradox Blue vol 2
f7e6ea26d9b9ae318e99ceb4986b74f744f43382.jpg

The train riddle was cool. I didn't really pick a choice for the solution (was leaning toward the right one, but said whatever, let's just see them solve it), but the bad end for that was interesting in it own right. I even thought Cristia was an alternate version of that Angel boss lady, but with her popping on the train, I just have to go back to thinking Cristia is female Jesus or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom