• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Oh, what's this little series ? Take On Me ?
http://i.imgur.com/7NPM1.png[IMG]
[I]Oh.[/I][/QUOTE]

Surprised to see even the tags posted, honestly.

[quote="Urban Scholar, post: 36383777"]Yeah so I read that manga .....minamoto-kun monogatari

I hate you all so much....nah not really because I'm sort of hooked on this ish now.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on joining the winning side.

Oh, what's this little series ? Take On Me ?
7NPM1.png

Oh.

a great piece of work thats what lol

PK Gaming

So this cute girl that was spying on me cruising gaf during one of my glasses told me to read TWGOK. Unfortunately, this happened towards the end of the class and she left before we can acquainted. Ah well.

Should I do it?!?

Dresden

So this cute girl that was spying on me cruising gaf during one of my glasses told me to read TWGOK. Unfortunately, this happened towards the end of the class and she left before we can acquainted. Ah well.

Should I do it?!?

ask her about chihiro vs ayumi

react accordingly

survivor

Banned

Should I do it?!?

ask her who is the best girl

oh and don't tell her to read this thread, you don't want her getting weird ideas, unless she is into that stuff

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Show her "Take On Me" and see how she feels about it.

PK Gaming

Should I do it?!?

And in a class of 200+ students, I doubt i'll find her again. (I mean I could, but I don't want to come across as needy. Let her come to me or not at all!)
I will admit that I had fun acquainting her with all of the Mangaf members. Many LoLz were had during that class. I'll give it a chance after Solanin I suppose.

PS: She loves you DTL.

Solune

Should I do it?!?

Why didn't survivor sell you on this series a long time ago? What a terrible friend. You can join superior taste gaf, even if you don't have superior muscles.

Dresden

since we've been talking about Take On Me, in case some of you guys haven't read it, Sesshou's true masterpiece is atsui hi daradara.

oldie but a goodie

JgXKG.png

survivor

Banned
Why didn't survivor sell you on this series a long time ago? What a terrible friend. You can join superior taste gaf, even if you don't have superior muscles.

He is a waifus hater

But I have been wasting most of my time selling him on Solanin so I guess it doesn't matter in the end

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And in a class of 200+ students, I doubt i'll find her again. (I mean I could, but I don't want to come across as needy. Let her come to me or not at all!)
I will admit that I had fun acquainting her with all of the Mangaf members. Many LoLz were had during that class. I'll give it a chance after Solanin I suppose.

Wait wait let me get this straight.

You talked about Mangaf before trading contact info?

You done goofed boy.

Articalys

Sket Dance 185

oh boy oh boy

this is gonna be fun

if only translations weren't moving at a slower speed than the actual serialization, thus guaranteeing we'll never catch up :(

Show her "Take On Me" and see how she feels about it.

recommend her Aunt Tits

I love this thread lol.

WAT?

and you didn't ask then?

hmmm

El Sloth

Banned

She reads the thread right?

I think you know what you need to do.

Tell her to read Wolf Guy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Code Breaker

Something happened to your family? Blame MC. Something happened to someone you care about? Blame MC.

I am getting tired of it.

Dude, she already made the first move by talking to you, it's your turn to talk to her now.

Trust me, you won't come across as needy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I recognize the others, but this one... what is the name of that?

It's the aforementioned Splatter Film :)

The wait till Wednesday is a long one, so I give you this to pass the time.

http://i.imgur.com/VRRwm.jpg[IMG]

Wut[/QUOTE]

What in bloody tarnation is that abomination?

Also,

[quote="A Huge Battleship, post: 36383774"][b]Anne Freaks 1-END[/b]

This. This. This is the greatest love story ever told. It's like the author went up to me personally, asked me "what would be your ideal romance?", and then I told him and he made a fucking series about it.

Long story short, MC meets girl while burying his mother's corpse. Girl helps him dispose of it. MC falls in love with girl (as you do). Girl is a nutcase who's waging her own personal war against a terrorist... cult... group... thing. Murderous hijinks ensue.

[spoiler]I came buckets when Yuri made the 'wrong' choice near the end. It's always refreshing when MCs diverge away from all the saintly kindness that the majority seem to exude from every fibre of their body. Also I'm a big fan of troll endings when they're done right (I nearly split my sides at the end of P&SwG), so the last 10 pages absolutely killed me in the best possible way.[/spoiler]

[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af255/AHugeBattleship/982492.jpg[IMG]

Also I would let Anna touch my gun any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this; what an interesting screenshot. Think I'm gonna try reading it... I'm a sucker for good romantic stories.

Also........

[quote="PK Gaming, post: 36385899"]And in a class of 200+ students, I doubt i'll find her again. ([B]I mean I could, but I don't want to come across as needy. Let her come to me or not at all![/B])

PS: She loves you DTL.[/QUOTE]

Come on man, are you sure that's wise posting stuff like this since she's reading this thread as well? And "let her come to me or not at all" is such a funny thing to say. Why wait if you can take initiative?

Worst comes to worst, there will be 200+ students separating you from her so... you really get a win-win situation here.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

Should I do it?!?
So, does she know about GAF? Or did she just see manga pages and understand that you were interested in manga?

How long did you talk for?

Does she see cool, do you think you would like her?

Talking about ManGAF was probably a good choice if you actually want to acquaint her. That means you weren't being too forward, but at the same time, next time around, you should initiate conversation to show her you're interested (if you are).

And no, put TWGOK at the top of your list (survivor will survive), at least start it, there are 100+ chapters so if you read a volume's worth, that is a guaranteed easy ice-breaker to start a conversation with. If you like TWGOK, even better. If you don't, say "Eh, that wasn't really my style, I'm more into types like *insert manga you could recommend to her here*, but I'll a bit more of TWGOK a try." That last part is a lie, but it doesn't matter because now the ball is in her court to read a manga that you've recommended. If she has read the manga you've recommend, that just means more shit you both have to talk about.

PimpKGaming...keep your pimp hand strong breh.

Solune

This thread just gets more filthy as we go on doesn't it?

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 1 - 25

Move over Arararagi, there's a warrant out for Minanamoto the rapist.

PK Gaming

@ Stat Flow

I'm afraid she doesn't. She's a pretty casual person, I don't think she think frequents any forum. She saw me perusing Mangaf + me checking out blah blah
Honestly she's a pretty cool gal, and she's cute (bonus) but she's really casual (like really casual) so I don't have any strong feelings towardds her at the moment. Keep in mind, she like TWGOK, does not read Bleach or Naruto and occasionally reads One Piece. We spent maybe 20-25 minutes chatting (its a really boring class. History of sociologyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Thanks for the solid advice breh, i'm planning my next encounter as we speak (the next time we have class together is on Wednesday)

@ Trojita

WHY DID YOU POST THATTTT

@ Stat Flow

I'm afraid she doesn't. She's a pretty casual person, I don't think she think frequents any forum. She saw me perusing Mangaf + me checking out mangareader.net.
Honestly she's a pretty cool gal, and she's cute (bonus) but she's really casual (like really casual) so I don't have any strong feelings towardds her at the moment. Keep in mind, she like TWGOK, does not read Bleach or Naruto and occasionally reads One Piece. We spent maybe 20-25 minutes chatting (its a really boring class. History of sociologyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Thanks for the solid advice breh, i'm planning my next encounter as we speak (the next time we have class together is on Wednesday)

@ Trojita

WHY DID YOU POST THATTTT

No love for my offer? If she likes TWGOK I'm sure she'd dig it.

survivor

Banned
@ Stat Flow

I'm afraid she doesn't. She's a pretty casual person, I don't think she think frequents any forum. She saw me perusing Mangaf + me checking out mangareader.net.

Listen PK, it does not get any better than this. Just propose to her next time you see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom