• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixclaws

Banned
@ Stat Flow

I'm afraid she doesn't. She's a pretty casual person, I don't think she think frequents any forum. She saw me perusing Mangaf + me checking out >>>>.net.
Honestly she's a pretty cool gal, and she's cute (bonus) but she's really casual (like really casual) so I don't have any strong feelings towardds her at the moment. Keep in mind, she like TWGOK, does not read Bleach or Naruto and occasionally reads One Piece. We spent maybe 20-25 minutes chatting (its a really boring class. History of sociologyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Thanks for the solid advice breh, i'm planning my next encounter as we speak (the next time we have class together is on Wednesday)

@ Trojita

WHY DID YOU POST THATTTT

Hi, you might want to edit out that website since we're not allowed to link to scans. If you got a temp ban then we couldn't hear the outcome of the story.

Kusagari

This thread needs some canon Naruto yaoi.

madaraxhashi_origin_of_the_war_by_kibbitzer-d4dqqhf.jpg

Big One

Banned
Some bitchin' techno track made for One Piece exhibit in Japan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIbiva7rjCQ

I think it plays in the 3D montage of the entire series.

Nothing anime-related.

Also Buggy's poster is currently "Under Review" to be specific, as is Jinbe and Crocodile. It's possible he joined the Shichibukai in the 2 year timegap, but something happened to him that cause him to not be a Shichibukai.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This thread is going places.
This thread needs some canon Naruto yaoi.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/Kusagari/madaraxhashi_origin_of_the_war_by_kibbitzer-d4dqqhf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Damn dawg if you were gonna burn my eyes at least make it readable. I need retina display yaoi or no yaoi at all breh.
[quote="PK Gaming, post: 36392943"]@ Stat Flow

I'm afraid she doesn't. She's a pretty casual person, I don't think she think frequents any forum. She saw me perusing Mangaf + me checking out blah blah
Honestly she's a pretty cool gal, and she's cute (bonus) but she's really casual (like really casual) so I don't have any strong feelings towardds her at the moment. Keep in mind, she like TWGOK, does not read Bleach or Naruto and occasionally reads One Piece. We spent maybe 20-25 minutes chatting (its a really boring class. History of sociologyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Thanks for the solid advice breh, i'm planning my next encounter as we speak (the next time we have class together is on Wednesday)[/QUOTE]
Sounds cool. That's awesome. Well in that case, definitely read TWGOK and get familiar with it, and as long as you're semi-competent in real life conversation, you'll do perfectly fine in getting her interest + showing her that you're interested in her. A perfect balance of those two things is hard to strike but with an already common interest apparent, it'll be a breeze.

Wednesday? PERFECTO. She should read all of the big 3, just for sake of reading all of the big 3, but it's whatever. Also see if she enjoys any other manga.

As for Ignis Fatuus's offer, no offense IF, you know you're my favorite scanlating breh in the universe, but that is a bit creepy, so soon. I mean, unless you meant you could do it in one of the later later chapters a while from now, that seems a bit too grand-gesture-ish... PKG might be a creeper in real life but let's just assume he isn't one.

TWGOK, uniting lovers all over the world.
[quote="Big One, post: 36393466"]Some bitchin' techno track made for One Piece exhibit in Japan: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIbiva7rjCQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIbiva7rjCQ[/URL]

I think it plays in the 3D montage of the entire series.[/QUOTE]
Yo this bs sounds like some narutu shit that naruto and dr. snakes would be dancing to in the club while hashi-chan and madaru are making out while watching them over at the bar or wall or some shit.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pbVdF.gif

As for Ignis Fatuus's offer, no offense IF, you know you're my favorite scanlating breh in the universe, but that is a bit creepy, so soon. I mean, unless you meant you could do it in one of the later later chapters a while from now, that seems a bit too grand-gesture-ish... PKG might be a creeper in real life but let's just assume he isn't one.

TWGOK, uniting lovers all over the world.

I don't mean right now bro, it's an open offer.

But he doesn't seem interested anyway so whatevs.

Mr. Fix

Also Buggy's poster is currently "Under Review" to be specific, as is Jinbe and Crocodile. It's possible he joined the Shichibukai in the 2 year timegap, but something happened to him that cause him to not be a Shichibukai.

What does Hancock's and the other current Shichibukai's say again? If true, then I thank the Based God.

*Maybe they used him to get those prisoners back, then gave him the boot.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't mean right now bro, it's an open offer.

But he doesn't seem interested anyway so whatevs.
Yeah man I actually think that's a dope idea though. If it ever happens that someone is cool with a chick for a while that follows TWGOK and she never knew that they knew you and then all of a sudden the latest chapter had a shoutout or something like that...great idea.

Naruto
SO I was rereading some old chapters and I just had to share this. The composition of these two panels are outstanding man. So powerful.
hAHb3.jpg

survivor

Banned
Bokura no Henbyoushi vol 1 END

A pretty good short story collection.

Our Change of Rhythm
This one is about a high school kid that used to play piano but stopped due to his hand injury. One day he meets a cute drugs dealer girl and starts chilling with her. Then stuff happens, she has to run away from the cops, and the MC starts playing piano again. Very good chapter

City of Spirits
This one is about a guy that goes to the country side in the summer and meets a ghost. It's one of those, boy meets girl, but never finds her again after type of stories.

Teacher of the Current State, RC-01
Good story about a cute robot English teacher competing with a robot Math teacher that is more arrogant and better built. Oh and there was some student that learned to love the machines or something

The Waking Dream
A tsundere ghost follows a dude and starts playing pranks on him. Of course the dude gets mad and shit. And then he tries to hook up with a girl in his class and the jealousy level of the ghost skyrockets. Then ghost saves the MC and disappears. Pretty good story.

The Silver Bike
ANGST, therefore it was amazing

Like This
Not much to say other than this story having the best MC

The Tatami Theater
A story about a working woman trying to escape boring old life and go back to her acting roots. Then she meets a hipster filmmaker student and then you can guess what happens after. Pretty cool stuff.

Overall, enjoyable stories with some hitting high notes while others just being great. The art style has some classic feeling to it which helped the manga a lot

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Btw smutgaf, how many of you have read Shimura's Happy Go Lucky Days?

Because you should.

Haly

Okay.

*goes off to look for more people to swindle into reading smut*

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I like hentai more than smut,

Hey, might as well go all the way, right? Hahaha.

Though occasionally ecchi stuff is fine as well. What I don't like is disproportionate body drawings such as extremely bouncy/overly huge breasts and stuff like Loli or Guro which just makes me puke all over the floor.

Don't know why I shared that, but regardless we are all bros here so whatever.

Haly

Well see, hentai is for fapping.

I read smutty mangas because I like seeing people have sex without needing to get any sort of self gratification from it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well see, hentai is for fapping.

I read smutty mangas because I like seeing people have sex without needing to get any sort of self gratification from it.

Hmm.

What about stuff like Futari Ecchi? Is it considered smut...?

I read it for the story...

This might sound weird but hentai with story > hentai with no story. Available context is nice. I even go as far as saying that this thing makes or breaks the... um..., experience, for me personally.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Its educational smut

Some people I know will flat out calling it Hentai. Hentai with a story, but still hentai.

...Anyway, I don't know why we are discussing about this, hahaha.

So, is the Nononono stuff any good? It's from the Elfen Lied author, yeah? Depressing stuff too?

So, is the Nononono stuff any good? It's from the Elfen Lied author, yeah? Depressing stuff too?

It's kind of funny, because while the content is a thousand times lighter than EL, the atmosphere and art is still filled with despair and stuff. It's like the guy was still in Elfen Lied mode when he did it.

Not bad though. I definitely like it. Lot of tension.

Dresden

only oh!great hentai I can remember (assuming you're not just joking about TT or Air Gear being one) is that story where the girl gets handcuffed to a pole and [censored to keep mangaf family-friendly] all day.

You know, the plot.
You mean the narrative structure that holds a story together ?

Yeah I briefly saw that, drowned in anal beads, double rape, three no make that foursomes, geyser-like ejaculations, consensual rape, a 27 years old who looks like a 10 years old and the two loli tranvestite gay cousins. Gotta admit, didn't see the cousins coming. Errr...no...that's not what I meant...you perfectly understand what I meant.

Dresden

You mean the narrative structure that holds a story together ?

Yeah I briefly saw that, drowned in anal beads, double rape, three no make that foursomes, geyser-like ejaculations, consensual rape, a 27 years old who looks like a 10 years old and the two loli tranvestite gay cousins. Gotta admit, didn't see the cousins coming. Errr...no...that's not what I meant...you perfectly understand what I meant.

Yeah, we know what you meant.

That reminds me, I'm pretty fond of double stuffed Oreos.

Zekes!

Happy Project

This is supposed to be a romance, but there's like no romance at all, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's like romantic Survivor, back stabbing and alliances and everything else included. It seems like this is the mangaka's first manga, and it feels a little rough around the edges. 10 chapters deep though, and it seems interesting enough to want to see where the plot goes. Definitely not your usual romance/harem manga.

Hopefully the art will get better over time too, 'cause it's a little crappy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
only oh!great hentai I can remember (assuming you're not just joking about TT or Air Gear being one) is that story where the girl gets handcuffed to a pole and [censored to keep mangaf family-friendly] all day.

It's kind of amusing that anyone thinks they can do something to keep MangaGAF family friendly when the current schedule of discussion involves a series referred to as "Aunt Tits."

I really don't get the hentai obsession in the past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom