• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Anyone know what manga this is from?

oZ2df.jpg

Kaibutsu Oujo

edit: god damn it flawfuls

Tizoc

Fairy Tail is a generic as shonen can get. ...at least it's got titties~

Just learned of Liar Game, which is from the creator of One Outs, and have recently started reading it. Vol. 1 was longer than it should be.

survivor

Banned
Fairy Tail panders to every type of person.

Boobs everywhere
Naked Gray and bro love
Wendy
Cats

It pretty much satisfies every internet fanbase out there.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail panders to every type of person.

Boobs everywhere
Naked Gray and bro love
Wendy
Cats

It pretty much satisfies every internet fanbase out there.

This is so true.

There's also:
Token main character (Natsu)
Ensemble group (Fairy Tail)
Missions
Magic skillsets
Rival (Gray / Laxus / Gajeel)
Ass shots (many)
Tournament

It's an amalgamation of a bunch of different elements present in manga, which is why I still read it. It's not "good" by any stretch, but its entertaining (and sometimes "fun)

EDIT:
upandaway, that is an awesome find.

gunbo13

Good method. I'm sure the most abstract of dreams make more sense than Kubo's shit.
I hate the anime for one reason and one reason alone. They fucked up the Ulquiorra/Hollow Ichi fight. Throwing his own arm at him as a distraction was one of the best things Kubo has ever done, even if the fight length is short. But a fucking rock? Fuck that, fuck that to hell. Anime should've been cancelled at that exact frame replaced by a new season of TLR.

I didnt think Toriko was big enough for shirts, who knew. I wish the One Piece selections were a bit more, just one with ace.

I hate the anime for one reason and one reason alone. They fucked up the Ulquiorra/Hollow Ichi fight. Throwing his own arm at him as a distraction was one of the best things Kubo has ever done, even if the fight length is short. But a fucking rock? Fuck that, fuck that to hell. Anime should've been cancelled at that exact frame replaced by a new season of TLR.

Didnt they redo that scene in the Bleach 4th movie?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Apparently, they've already started work on/announced the Silver Spoon anime.

I'm assuming we're talking a 12 episode season dealing with his first year.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I hate the anime for one reason and one reason alone. They fucked up the Ulquiorra/Hollow Ichi fight. Throwing his own arm at him as a distraction was one of the best things Kubo has ever done, even if the fight length is short. But a fucking rock? Fuck that, fuck that to hell.
Fuck that shit and fuck you. I mean, that shit was awesome in the manga and all but the fight was very sick in the anime. One of the best moments of the anime too.

Gazzawa

Fuck that shit and fuck you. I mean, that shit was awesome in the manga and all but the fight was very sick in the anime. One of the best moments of the anime too.

True.Ulquiorra Ichigo fight was dope. Had a filler arc just before so the animation quality was sooo good
The scenes with Orihime were the shiz.

And now I want to rewatch dem epz.... great

upandaway

Welcome to Galge World 5

Well, shit.

I thought MC will go for Harem End for sure and then this chapter happened. God damn, he just can't catch a break.

It's risky as hell but he should really just do all flags and adlib later. It's pretty crazy but he can probably say something like "I knew this and this would happen, my proof is this and this" to calm them all down in the follow-up.

But anyway this is.. surprisingly challenging. He needs to be Keima (TWGOK) except without the memory wipe/being done when the goddess is out advantages, and all girls at the same time. And he's not Keima.

Godspeed, MC.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hey guys, I've been busy all day, but I was just reading this new man....

WTF YAOI FANART IN THE MANGA THREAD

I'm out.

DTL.

Getting creepier every week.

The best part is that he ignores all the posts mocking him.

He's smarter than he looks. A very creepy, but smart, dude.

Mr. Fix

2nd only to that one scene where he was hiding that finger beam beneath dat Ichigo split panel.

gunbo13

One of the best moments seriously pissed on by that change. They even expanded on the fight in the anime only to kick the scene in the balls with that shit. Not to mention the blood censor on Ishida. Shit dropped letter grades and so does your taste for liking it without acknowledging how much better it could've been.

EDIT:
DTL has lost his fucking mind.

More so.

Well there is always Waldo Kazuo Umezu

kPHZZ.jpg

The guy lives in a funhouse, basically invented the horror manga genre, is supposedly literally crazy and most importantly made Fourteen. Junji Ito was very clearly inspired by him so their manga are very similar, but Umezu's are like 3 order's of magnitude more crazy.

Flawfuls representing

I still say everyone should at least experience FOURTEEN.

People who popularize get the credit son. In this case, BAD credit.

Nah i placed him in the blame line as well.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kaichou Wa Maid-sama

These recent chapters aren't bad, but I honestly think it should have ended after they hooked up.

I agree. The anime pissed me so much with that shit. A fucking rock? SMH.

gunbo13

Nah i placed him in the blame lineas well.
Survivor gets blame for posting the panels last year. I get a good portion for bringing it up and survivor reading it 5 minutes later. So I think we get the brunt of it bro.
Kaichou Wa Maid-sama
These recent chapters aren't bad, but I honestly think it should have ended after they hooked up.
Shit is boring after they got together indeed. I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore except be friends with Usui stuff. And we know all that is left is the typical family issues bullshit. Might as well call it a day with Maid-sama. Misaki is cute as hell though.
I started questioning my life and why I'm spending it reading manga
Don't all manga do that?
I'm passionate about shounen. What can I say.

We always cool.
I keep forgetting to go back to reading this.
You aint missing much. It is at 70% Pastel level right now, which is 30% away from fucking evil.

upandaway

Magi

Hahaha, that was an awesome conclusion. I love Ja'far's reaction to his begging at the end. And how his "heart manipulation" ability was the dang promotion :lol magical

Survivor gets blame for posting the panels last year. I get a good portion for bringing it up and survivor reading it 5 minutes later. So I think we get the brunt of it bro.

But i already blamed you guys :) and it wont stop zodd from being on the list also.

I'm passionate about hating shounen. What can I say.

We always cool.

Fixed :p

Man, the ending of Fourteen made me think really hard. I started questioning my life and why I'm spending it reading manga

Yea its one of those times lol

upandaway

Belief & Sex 11

Aside from how bad Aya is for my heart, I guess this was business as usual. It was a pretty tame assignment all in all

Anagle Mole

It's sorta like Luchiru is the only one whose power isn't a manifestation of his personality gimmick. I love that part about them though.

Buyuden

Time skip incoming?

I'm really feeling a time skip now.

PK Gaming

Honestly... as an Ichigo fan(pretty much the main reason why I read Bleach), it was one of my least favorite fights ever. Everything up until he goes hollow is fucking awesome. The change was pretty fucking stupid, but at the point its like "would like piss or shit" both suck.

gunbo13

Reason enough.
Don't double quote me against myself. I'm already confused enough.
Do I have to post my shounen read count again?

Wait...that doesn't really disprove your point...hmmm...

Here is a list of shounen I like:
Accel World
Beelzebub
Bleach
Change 123
Chrno Crusade
Countrouble
Fukashigi Philia
Gan-Kon
Girls Saurus
Hajimete no Aku
Hekikai no AiON
High-School DxD
HoTD
Karin
Kekkaishi
Love Hina
Lunar Legend Chronicles
Magico
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Nisekoi
Onidere
Otaku no Musume-san
Princess Lucia
RtV1/2
Sankarea
School Shock
Sora no Otoshimono
Tasogare Otome
The Breaker: New Waves
The Legend of Maian
TLRD
Trinity 7
TWGOK
Umisho
Who else on MangaGaf isn't black?
I'm an AI that became self-aware when I found Love Hina pics on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom