• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God damn it. Why didn't anyone tell me Math Girls volume 2 was out. :(

Man, a whole volume about the Fibonacci sequence and how to prove it. Awesome.

Poor guy is getting
trolled
by the two girls though. Now the months-long wait for volume 3. :(

thetechkid

Have there been any series similar to School Rumble since I asked back 2 or 3 OTs ago or do I just have to reread School Rumble?

Apath

When you guys say Aunt Tits, do you mean as in the Aunt's Tits, or Aunt Tits as in a title or reference to her name?

flawfuls

Poor guy is getting
trolled

There is no volume 3, just series 2 (and 3).

Why did you abandon the other weeaboo thread?!

Eh I couldn't watch anime for the greater part of last season due to severe bandwidth restrictions (fuck Australian internet) and didn't really bother following up on much. I will probably post more this season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is no volume 3, just series 2 (and 3).
What's the difference? Either way, I just want them to get to the advanced mathematics. I am so unbelievably hyped for the volume on Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and Cantor's Diagonalization that it's crazy. I don't think I've been excited for math in forever. :p

Eh I couldn't watch anime for the greater part of last season due to severe bandwidth restrictions (fuck Australian internet) and didn't really bother following up on much. I will probably post more this season.
Well, I hope you come back since you're like the human manga reference guy. The channel is also still around. lol

Anteater

only oh!great hentai I can remember (assuming you're not just joking about TT or Air Gear being one) is that story where the girl gets handcuffed to a pole and [censored to keep mangaf family-friendly] all day.

He does a lot of short stories, the problem is that some are continuous and some are not, and some seem to stop with a cliffhanger but they're all packed in the same volume under the same name, I don't even remember which ones I read, since it was so long ago, but I've always wanted him to keep doing the one with the mech, I think it was Junk Story.

They're really kind of just oh!great style stories, it's just that there are more sex focused than his other works like AG and TT.

There were chapters in Naked Star that's not actually hentai but it was packed inside as well, I think he come up with a lot of weird settings when he's doing those short stories, which I find interesting

flawfuls

What's the difference? Either way, I just want them to get to the advanced mathematics. I am so unbelievably hyped for the volume on Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and Cantor's Diagonalization that it's crazy. I don't think I've been excited for math in forever. :p

Different artists

wtvhm.jpg

mAUIX.jpg

I will miss the old art.

Solune

Poor guy is getting
trolled
slowhawk http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36219753&postcount=1834
Have there been any series similar to School Rumble since I asked back 2 or 3 OTs ago or do I just have to reread School Rumble?
Ehh, the closest thing for those type of shenanigans IMO is Hayate no Gotoku. But it's much more self-aware and contains more referential humour.
Also give Sket Dance a go if you haven't already.

Oh are you no longer in Canada, or you're back now?

awm8604

Banned
Hi all, looking for a recommendation. With 20th Century Boys coming to an end soon, I'd like to start a new series.

My favorite series are Monster, 20th Century Boys, The Kindaichi Case Files, and Case Closed. I've also read what's been released of Eden: It's an Endless World, Pluto, Death Note, and a couple others.

Any good mystery/thriller series I should look at?

Zekes!

Hi all, looking for a recommendation. With 20th Century Boys coming to an end soon, I'd like to start a new series.

My favorite series are Monster, 20th Century Boys, The Kindaichi Case Files, and Case Closed. I've also read what's been released of Eden: It's an Endless World, Pluto, Death Note, and a couple others.

Osamu Tezuka had some great thrillers; MW, The Book of Human Insects, etc.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's kind of amusing that anyone thinks they can do something to keep MangaGAF family friendly when the current schedule of discussion involves a series referred to as "Aunt Tits."

I really don't get the hentai obsession in the past few months.

Wait what? I never have any impression that anyone is trying to make this thread "family friendly" or something like that. Did I miss anything?

I don't think anyone in their right mind can honestly really trying to do that... right?

flawfuls

Wait what? I never have any impression that anyone is trying to make this thread "family friendly" or something like that. Did I miss anything?

I don't think anyone in their right mind can honestly really trying to do that... right?

The post he is quoting. Though Dresden was probably joking.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The post he is quoting. Though Dresden was probably joking.

Hahaha for some reason I missed the quoted post.

Come on now, he must be joking. The notion that this thread is "family friendly" is as funny as, say, someone claiming Fairy Tail as one of the most creative manga works of all time.

flawfuls

Juushin Liger

That was the most rapid succession of classic shounen cliches I have ever seen. Monsters of the day, rivals, rivals being secretly related, reviving evil demonlordish things, transformations, gattias and of course

XgNNt.png

vareon

Apparently there's a new chapter of Aunt Tits today. I guess if we keep talking about it, the faster the releases will be!

survivor

Banned
Clearly survivor has his priorities straight, brushing up on his monogataris.

Survivor that's not how you try to stay cool.

You even said Nise before Bake, what the hell.
I want my imouto action

Poor guy is getting
trolled
From the looks of it the new series won't be translated for a long long time

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Well, currently there is Billy Bat, made by the same guy who did Pluto, Monster and 20th Century Boys. It's good, but it mostly depends if you like the whole bat thing going on around the world and in different timelines.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Those colors for Ginjo's final form look really lame. He looks like a power rangers villain.
The anime really couldn't do it any justice anyway. Kubo's design was absolute shit in the first place...so lame. As a matter of fact, all of Kubo's 'ideas' for the Fullbringers designs were terrible.

The anime really couldn't do it any justice anyway. Kubo's design was absolute shit in the first place...so lame. As a matter of fact, all of Kubo's 'ideas' for the Fullbringers designs were terrible.

They had some nice ideas at least, Giriko's attacks that had numbers in them, Yukio character design wise and actual abilities, Ginjo's getsuga tenshou, really the only issue was everything was too brisk to actually it. Yukio could have had an actually compelling fight against Hitsugaya, that was my favorite of the bunch and had the backstory explained in depthly, Giriko could have at least made it through one attack. Ginjo could have damaged Ichigo at least.

survivor

Banned
Silver Spoon 35

Glorious misunderstanding. Hachiken face reactions were even better this chapter

I can't believe we only have one more season to go through. It's also weird that they will end the manga in winter.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So you agree with his reasoning just not his conclusion? A bit of a harsh response, that gif really does look retarded.
I agree with him saying that it looks shitty. Everyone thinks it look shitty, and it's not the anime that made it shitty. It was the source material anyways. Plus, he didn't say "fuck the animators" or "fuck this episode"...he said "fuck bleach"...we all know how Big One is.

My response was a joke anyway. If Big One can't take that (he can) then he shouldn't say half the shit he does anyways...
KuGsj.gif

But it's not just to Big One, when gunbo said that one incident ruined an entirely otherwise fantastically animated fight, I said "Fuck that shit and fuck you"...so this is to be expected :p

I agree with him saying that it looks shitty. Everyone thinks it look shitty, and it's not the anime that made it shitty. It was the source material anyways. Plus, he didn't say "fuck the animators" or "fuck this episode"...he said "fuck bleach"...we all know how Big One is.

My response was a joke anyway. If Big One can't take that (he can) then he shouldn't say half the shit he does anyways...
KuGsj.gif

But it's not just to Big One, when gunbo said that one incident ruined an entirely otherwise fantastically animated fight, I said "Fuck that shit and fuck you"...so this is to be expected :p

NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom