• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Though the character designs for Seven Days are cool, but, Im confused.
tumblr_m04wlceK2o1qaeynmo1_500.png

What's there to get confused about? It's the story of a boy falling in love with another boy in 7 days. Pretty straightforward.

I'm putting down History's Greatest Crotch Shots for quite awhile. I started reading that disgustingly boring FB-omake and had to question my life. Then after reassuring myself, I remembered how shitty the current arc is and started a whole new round of questioning.

Miu aint even fucking cute.

I stopped right after Kenichi and Sakake met the princess and decided to ally with her or something like that. Did not want to read the process of trying to end Miu's brainwashing one chapter at a time. Then I heard the master fighting started so figured I might as well let the arc finish first.

Haven't read Soul Eater since they left for the moon either. How close is that series from ending?

What's there to get confused about? It's the story of a boy falling in love with another boy in 7 days. Pretty straightforward.

shes your type threw me off, added.

Well, now we know DTL's required material for manga. If he doesn't like Pandora Hearts, then I would be surprised.

Well the thread has been great so far for suggestions, thats like the sixth* series Ive added to my list to read, Seven Days and Pandora Hearts (looked at the anime PV and it actually looked really cool, and the manga too, monthly, I guess, so I have time to catch up), thanks.

*One Piece, Flame of Recca, Buster Keel, whatever series Fairy Megane was based off of?, and Seven Days, Pandora Hearts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Suashi no Meteorite:
The trope density.

IT'S TOO MUCH.

I'M BEING SUCKED IN.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Haly

"You are 1000 years too early to quote tropes at me! Know your place!"
*reaction shots*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, now we know DTL's required material for manga. If he doesn't like Pandora Hearts, then I would be surprised.

You do understand that DTL doesn't *actually* like yaoi, right? It's just part of the DTL character.

gunbo13

Hajimete no Aku (ch139)

-Hey, it's that manga no one reads.

So this chapter had china dresses, sacrifices in a game of tag, tsundere, and a girl who had to use the toilet after being stuck in a locker. It's like the most idiotic collection of cliches' possible...and I enjoyed every page.

Solune

Hajimete no Aku (ch139)

So this chapter had china dresses, sacrifices in a game of tag, tsundere, and a girl who had to use the toilet after being stuck in a locker. It's like the most idiotic collection of cliches' possible...and I enjoyed every page.
I thought Kagari or Cosmic was reading this ... =p
Suashi no Meteorite

rTqb4.png

Can I please replace my order? I'd like this one instead of Kannagi. Yes, yes. Thank you. That's much better.

*Puts Suashi on the list.

Haly

Suashi no Meteorite:
I hate starting new series because they never go anywhere and it'll take years before they do.

As for this, it seems like a mishmash of Haruhi, Sora no Otoshimono, Bakemonogatari, and a lot of hipster pseudo-philosophy.

That is to say it's entertaining and retarded.

gunbo13

Suashi no Meteorite
"Ariyuki is standing in front of his former home which happens to be destroyed by a meteorite. Among the ruins he finds a gem which frees a young girl. Though that girl claims to be a god and is willing to grant him his dearest wishes."

Godlike description. Best sudden girlfriend appearance though has to be Chobits. Finding one in the garbage is an interesting twist. Runner-up is DearS with finding a homeless alien.

Haly

DearS was so bad.

SO BAD.
"Ariyuki is standing in front of his former home which happens to be destroyed by a meteorite. Among the ruins he finds a gem which frees a young girl. Though that girl claims to be a god and is willing to grant him his dearest wishes."

Godlike description. Best sudden girlfriend appearance though has to be Chobits. Finding one in the garbage is an interesting twist. Runner-up is DearS with finding a homeless alien.
As you can expect, the guy is nice, just wants a normal life, not popular but not an outcast either, has a nerdy friend, is sympathetic to girls, has another girl who is totally into him for whatever reason, and he has black hair.

Oh, he is also willing to Accept You For Who You Are and He Won't Ever Abandon His Friends.

Azure J

I'm in tears.

Edit: Just finished reading the last page. I missed a good long TWGOK exchange didn't I?

- Elsie is best secret boss potentially
- Agreed on having a geeky girl/gamer girl and a fujoshi in the mix eventually
- Chihiro > Ayumi (but they both don't have shit on Yui :p)
- No way this ends without Keima actually picking one main girl and keeping the rest of the harem begrudgingly.

Eiken vol 1

The character relations are COMPLETELY different than the anime. Chiharu and Densuke seem to be legit friends instead of the former always trying to avoid the latter.

There also seems to be somewhat of a plot with the characters being fleshed out before it goes balls to the wall insane. Like seeing what Teddy really looks like while she barely showed up in the OVA.

survivor

Banned
Hajimete no Aku (ch139)

dumbyugi reads it

you are not the hipster you thought you were

gunbo13

Nope. I vaguely remember her asking if it turns into a battle shounen, but that might have been something else.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32653400&postcount=5377

Nice memory. So yea, she probably was just curious.
dumbyugi reads it

you are not the hipster you thought you were
Yea, forgot about that.

My only good hipster recommend is Negative Happy Chain Saw Edge, which I got Infinite Justice to read. Or some of my shitty shoujo/josei, which nobody should read.

Haly

Btw, have all of hipster/smutgaf read Aku no Hana?

Haly

Cool beans. I thought it was finished but there's been some new chapters since October 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom