• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMH @ people hating on Elsie. She is the best character in TWGOK.

NqW97.jpg

Dresden

Haqua got the scythe

Haqua took over buddy position

Haqua has a flatter chest

Haqua got the tentacle scene

Haqua confirmed for lead female.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

I'd much rather this dragged on than the off-screen victories we've been getting. It's so rare to be in a setting where anyone can lose (at least in the beginning), and we don't even see the fights.

Also, sock story was fun. Guess I disagree with everyone except DTL?

TWGOK

Didn't Keima say "I love you" in some prior captures? I could swear he did.

Nisekoi

So we need to get through the following
1. Knowing the content of the promise
2. Filling the missing pieces with other people
3. Figuring out who the other guy is (will take a while)
4. Figuring out how it works out with that guy's promise to Onodere

We'll be here for a while. More cute faces for me, so I'm happy

TWGOK 183

No way. This is too much. I can't do this. This Manga. This FUCKING Manga.
Am I? Do I? Have I? Whoa!

Man, you're not supposed to make me self-conscious about these things. It kills my confidence!

I know I'm hyperbolic a lot but I try not to, I swear!

Dang, y'know, we never got a video game geek girl, did we?

There was one in the light novels, but their status in canon is questionable. A different light novel character was acknowledged in an omake but to my knowledge there has never been any other official nod to the books.

Elsie is too much like a real sister at this point. It'd be virtually incestuous. Not that incest bothers you lot.

But let's be real, she's a sidekick not a heroine.

Currently, Haqua is the very definition of sidekick. Elsie will haver her time to shine. Either way, I will be disappointed if I dont see possessed Elsie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whatever knowledge of tropes you have pales in comparison to my mastery of TWGOK. It's a hundred years too soon for you, etc.

Unless you know Wakaki personally, what is there to even know beyond the storyline

gunbo13

Haqua still in the storyline.
Zing!
Nisekoi

So we need to get through the following
1. Knowing the content of the promise
2. Filling the missing pieces with other people
3. Figuring out who the other guy is (will take a while)
4. Figuring out how it works out with that guy's promise to Onodere
The suspense is killing me!
Unless you know Wakaki personally, what is there to even know beyond the storyline
What if he IS Wakaki?

You should try maintaining consistency in translation terms across eight translators, be prepared to reference continuity and recognize potential callbacks in the original Japanese, have an encyclopedic knowledge of biographical information from the omake to interpret vague character lines, and keep track of every title reference Wakaki decides to pull out of his ass.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You should try maintaining consistency in translation terms across eight translators, be prepared to reference continuity and recognize potential callbacks in the original Japanese, have an encyclopedic knowledge of biographical information from the omake to interpret vague character lines, and keep track of every title reference Wakaki decides to pull out of his ass.

I don't see how that gives you any insight as to what is going to happen. *shrug*

upandaway

Suashi no Meteorite ch2

Lots of tropes, and the way they're handled isn't even that crazy, but I'm still laughing. MC's reactions are fun.

Angry Grimace

Sometimes he telegraphs his punches, like with the Chihiro twist. No one actually knows who's going to win of course, I figured we were joking about that. I actually don't even think there will be a single winner.

I wasn't being serious, but I kinda couldn't tell if you were :lol

I don't think there will be a "winner" at all, unless Wakaki decides to derail Keima's character entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if the last arc involved him having to pick up either Elsie or Haqua though, since the fans probably want to see that. The only real problem is that he doesn't really need to do anything to pick up either of them. Maybe some Vintage brainwashing will occur.

I wasn't being serious, but I kinda couldn't tell if you were :lol

I don't think there will be a "winner" at all, unless Wakaki decides to derail Keima's character entirely.

Keima as a character has evolved significantly from his starting point, I don't see his progression stopping before the logical conclusion. That would be an incomplete character arc and I'm fairly confident that's not what Wakaki is going for. My guess right now is a grudging harem end.

He has a great opportunity for a callback if he chooses to reenact Chapter 6 with all the real girls instead.

PS. Ayumi is still the best, as she has been since Chapter 1.

Solune

Haqua got the scythe

Haqua took over buddy position

Haqua has a flatter chest

Haqua got the tentacle scene

Haqua confirmed for lead female.
dresden, still telling the truth all day eerday
Am I? Do I? Have I? Whoa!

Man, you're not supposed to make me self-conscious about these things. It kills my confidence!

I know I'm hyperbolic a lot but I try not to, I swear!
No way haha, don't need to be self-concious, your impressions are among my favorite here in ManGAF. It was not by your hand that my post was made, I wanted to pay you tribute.

Nisekoi 20

Who the fuck cares about Tsugumi

You should bow down to your crossdressing overlord! Even scy has come around
HNNNGHkoi 20 - Adorable Tsugumi is adorable and quickly finding her way to compete for best girl spot.

UhLwN.png

gunbo13

I love Elsie. This thread needs more firetrucks. :p
It's been so long since she got airtime that I remembered it being ambulances. I also remembered her being a ghost who was haunting Keima's house. Wait, what was her name again?

What was I talking about again?
You should bow down to your crossdressing overlord! Even scy has come around
It will be a moe-face race to the finish line. With blushing.
But that implies that TLR is bad!
But it is!

TLR is the best.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Witchcraft Works

The main problem with monthly and bimonthly series is that it's far too easy to forget what happened previously, I don't even know why they were fighting.

The art is still great, at least the artist puts those 2 months to good use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom