• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cat-senpai is gonna win the next popularity contest they run

Or maybe that's just an English language thing

LeleSocho

Banned
Now you understand why the manga is in a hurry to end.

I'm mad about Toriko now, i was totally ok if they wanted to end it prematurely because people don't have the taste to appreciate its greatness but the Gourmet Festival should have been the closer of the manga maybe with more adventures before it.
Now they started the Neo arc they are rushing through things like crazy and the big names of the universe mean absolutely nothing because they have to wrap things up...

Numb

I'm mad about Toriko now, i was totally ok if they wanted to end it prematurely because people don't have the taste to appreciate its greatness but the Gourmet Festival should have been the closer of the manga maybe with more adventures before it.
Now they started the Neo arc they are rushing through things like crazy and the big names of the universe mean absolutely nothing because they have to wrap things up...

Want it to end wih the planet getting swallowed and everyone dying. It's Shonen tho.

I'm alittle chaotic.

A popularity contest in this thread is just going to be 1-2 Alice-Catsenpai tho

even though alice sucks

Well yes obviously. With this thread's community the most popular character is going to be one of these

-Cheeky and Trollish
-Older Nee-san
-Sadist
-The nice one (Tadokoro and Onodera types)

My votes

Cat (too soon)
Hayama
Alice
Soma
Tadokoro

We actually need a system and someone to tally the votes, lol

If people are actually into it I could tally them up. 1 = 3 points, 2 = 2 points, 3-5 = 1 point and please use the real names or names everyone knows. Cat eyed girl is fine because no one knows her name anyway

Ok fuck it, let's do it

So I see someone brought up my name here hmmmmmm.😌

SPeeR9X.png

Yes Murata. Bless us with more drawings.

Murata does it again, seriously bless this man.

upandaway

Scratch that one I keep remembering characters exist

Hayama, Cat
Hisako
Soma
Hinako
Tadokoro

MANGAGAF SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA POPULARITY CONTEST

1 = 3 points. 2 = 2 points. 3-5 = 1 point. Please do 1-5 and not 5-1. Use real names or nicknames everyone knows for characters that are newer. I'll tally them up sometime.

1. Alice
2. Soma
3. Dojima
4. Stalker-kun (Subaru)
5. Alice's Mom

phaze

1. The red haired girl AquaWateria always pushes. | Hisako (?)
2. The cat girl senpai from the top10 brigade or whatever.
3. Tadakoro
4. Naked apron guy.

Wait, why do I even know these characters considering I dropped the anime few episodes in.
ypebegw9gury.gif

My top 5 for Soma characters would be.

Hisako
Alice
Soma
Megumi
Hayama

Dead last do not like character-
Erina

dumbyugi

1. Soma
2. Tadokoro
3. Hayama
4. Alice
5. Erina

I'm boring and like the main character the best. Alice is the best waifu but I like Tadokoro more as a character. Erina will probably move up once she gets a bit more character development.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
1. Erina
2. Cat-senpai (her name is Rindou Kobayashi btw)
3. Hinako
4. Yuki
5. Hisako

Prediction of DTL's picks:

1. Soma
2. Takumi
3. Shinomiya
4. Kuga
5. Naked Apron

Onepiece is too long for people who are up to date too. New to anime and manga( 09'er) over here. After watching a couple of animes and some manga i just found what i liked and read a shit ton of manga since then(rarely anime and if so jump to manga quick).

Nowadays follow some random recs but usually just go to manga updates and go through the genres and find manga i like that way. Is there a more organized and deeper variety of manga lists by genre and other weird quirks ya'll can point me at?

Been going through the wuxia/xianxia chinese fantasy novel and some reincarnation and gaming stuff lately.
Well it counts what genre you are into

there is a series called Kingdom which is pretty good.... it is about warring Chinese states.... very good to read it by volume

Want it to end wih the planet getting swallowed and everyone dying. It's Shonen tho.

I'm alittle chaotic.
sad thing is the author was neatly stitching things together with great foreshadowing

the series always had the "and beyond'" qoute to refer to outerspace and other worlds.... heck the whole asteroid thing makes one think were that space rock originally came from.... Alas WSJ likely wants Toriko out of the way for newer series

Numb

Well it counts what genre you are into

there is a series called Kingdom which is pretty good.... it is about warring Chinese states.... very good to read it by volume
Love Kingdom. It's like a musou game in manga form sometimes(meaning good if you like musou like me) There was that other one with the silver haired girl and the arrow user which was ok. Don't know how to feel about Arslan? since i dropped it but usually love warring stuff.

Ouki the best.

My Soma character list
(╯°□°)╯ Nakiri Army plus Father and Son

1.Alice Nakiri
2.Erina Nakiri (lol Crab Head wins some points with her flip personality)
3.Jōichirō Yukihira
4.Senzaemon Nakiri
5.Soma Yukihira

(Not in list but Fuyumi Mizuhara, Alice's Mom and Isami also)

...Watch that little girl called Kanon be also a Nakiri as a twist (which really wouldn't be)

Love Kingdom. It's like a musou game in manga form sometimes(meaning good if you like musou like me? There was that other one with the silver haired girl and the arrow user which was ok. Don't know how to feel about Arslan? since i dropped but usually love warring stuff.

Ouki the best.
Ouki is indeed the man

another warring manga is Vinland Saga.... it has a lot of despair but for a good reason and character development

ryan13ts

Has anyone read Rave all the way through? Is it comparable to Fairy Tail in terms of quality? Really been looking to find a good shonen based around powers/abilities to read, and I like Fairy Tail, so I thought about maybe giving Rave a shot.

Any consensus on it here?

Numb

Has anyone read Rave all the way through? Is it comparable to Fairy Tail in terms of quality? Really been looking to find a good shonen based around powers/abilities to read, and I like Fairy Tail, so I thought about maybe giving Rave a shot.

I don't know about Rave but Fairy Tail shouldn't be a quality meter for anything sometimes.
I got Dreamland in my backlog and it looks like the shonen powers thing at a glance.

LeleSocho

Banned
yotsuba 88

yotsuba88.png

i bet that piece of shit yanda doesn't stand on the footprints

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!
BEING OFF THE INTERNET MADE ME COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT THIS MONTH'S CHAPTER

Yotsuba&! - 88
2Hhk3HN.png

So many good things in this chapter
The stop sign, the monster, the golden paper, the iPhone (It got apps on it!)
Grandma rules!

It too. Loved it. The rice was to long but the 100 was tight.

Hokuto no Ken (fist of the North Star), Gundam Origin, Bersek, Jojo parts, 20th Century Boys, Slum Dunk, EyeShield 21, Battle Royale

can't really think of a ton right now :/

Rave is better then Fairy Tail by all means.... but it had a semi rushed ending

nevertheless the series never went too overthetop with stupidity like Fairy Tail did

Angry Grimace

I don't know about Rave but Fairy Tail shouldn't be a quality meter for anything sometimes.
I got Dreamland in my backlog and it looks like the shonen powers thing at a glance.

I actually think the story in Fairy Tail is okay these days (meaning the Zeref stuff). It just has massive amounts of filler because of Mashima's writer's block causing him to add generic villain squads all the time who get defeated by the Power of Overtly Sexual Yet Somehow Platonic Friendship.

Rave is so much better than Fairy Tail.

Till this day I always wonder how Mashima went from Rave to Fairy Tail in terms of quality.

Numb

Hokuto no Ken (fist of the North Star), Gundam Origin, Bersek, Jojo parts, 20th Century Boys, Slum Dunk, EyeShield 21, Battle Royale

can't really think of a ton right now :/

Rave is better then Fairy Tail.... but it had a semi rushed ending

nevertheless the series never went too overthetop with stupidity like Fairy Tail did
All of them except the Gundam one. Never check out robots in manga form for some reason.

Fav mangas.
1.Berserk
2.Jojo.
3.Lone Wolf and cub

I actually think the story in Fairy Tail is okay these days (meaning the Zeref stuff). It just has massive amounts of filler because of Mashima's writer's block causing him to add generic villain squads all the time who get defeated by the POWER OF INCREDIBLY SEXUAL YET SOMEHOW PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP.
Fairy tail did pick up lately indeed but it can get real low sometimes for no reason.

All of them except the Gundam one. Never check out robots in manga form for some reason.
Fav mangas.
1.Berserk
2.Jojo.
3.Lone Wolf and cub

there is some I've finished that are interesting... plus there are some other genres like a slice of life and/or real life competition that are great too

it is just I can't seem to remember some stuff.... maybe some other Gaffers here who have a way larger view of manga can help

Numb

there is some I've finished that are interesting... plus there are some other genres like a slice of life and/or real life competition that are great too

it is just I can't seem to remember some stuff.... maybe some other Gaffers here who have a way larger view of manga can help

It is alright and im not looking to add too much stuff to my already megaton backlog that grows by the day. Just glad some mangas don't make it past 30 chapters. Also real glad i can't be too bothered about late or hiatus ones. Except berserk. Miuraaa!

MANGAGAF SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA POPULARITY CONTEST

1 = 3 points. 2 = 2 points. 3-5 = 1 point. Please do 1-5 and not 5-1. Use real names or nicknames everyone knows for characters that are newer. I'll tally them up sometime.

1 Takumi Aldini
2 Yukihira Souma
3 Kuga Terunori
4 Ibusaki Shun (Prince of Smoke)!
5 Kurokiba Ryou

Mitsuru (newspaper club boy) would be my 6th.

Angry Grimace

Fav mangas.
1.Berserk
2.Jojo.
3.Lone Wolf and cub

Fairy tail did pick up lately indeed but it can get real low sometimes for no reason.

It actually bothers me that the series is so overly sexual and there are 0 couples other than that one couple that go together off screen during the timeskip.

Numb

It actually bothers me that the series is so overly sexual and there are 0 couples other than that one couple that go together off screen during the timeskip.

I got some issues with Fairy tail but i don't expect any romance from a shonen manga beyond childish pranks or archetypes. You would think Juvia and Grey would stop messing around and actually develop anything worthwile. Everyone will hook up with their crush post endingso...What gets me it's that it is overly sexual for the sake of it alone and it is there alot that it become a chunk of time combined over chapters.

Ninja Slayer Kills v1

Favorite techqniue easily. I was initially turned off by how standard it was but by the time the second arc was going on, I started to really want to see Ninja Slayer-san succeed in his mission. The enemies too with their personalities ended up making it enjoyable, Darkninja-san easily the one to make this special as well as the first major enemy. I even liked the sensei too. Im hyped for more of this series just to see where it goes as the Six Gates antagonists of the dark syndicate get a focus to take down Ninja Slayer-san.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 74

deadFuuka's sister is really just some random 12 year old? Huh, I figured she'd be someone more important to the plot. Anyways, I'm really hoping that having got that "dream" out of the way we get to him letting Fuuka into his band instead of moping all fucken day over deadFuuka.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven Witches

Confessions ahoy - being Odagiri, Nancy, Himekawa or Noa is suffering. This all makes it even more annoying he basically put Shiraishi off way earlier, but since she's perfect waifu who never gets mad at anything its probably not gonna make a difference since she didn't get mad even when he did that to begin with.

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder

LOL Kuromaru's gender apparently got selected off-panel
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom