• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 131

Cat-Senpai the best Senpai. Also I bet you Erina's father is going to shit on her food.

The biggest problem with this series is shifting goalposts and how nebulous the standards really are. Like, Soma gets the best meal ever cooked for him by an exceptional First Seat and ate his dad's food all day and he's supposed to be intimidated by Hayama and shit.

And then Erina is legit rich off her cooking and sense of taste, but then her dad is probably gonna come in and shit all over her.

Of course, its always possible its just a feint - Joichiro looks menacing as fuck when they want him to look that way.

Food Wars! 131

Thank the manga gods for good writing. I knew Kuga wouldnt lose overall. Soma needs to level up which will be exciting come the day we get a true shokugeki against Kuga. With Taku as his peer rival and now Kuga as his senpai rival, Soma and this manga are well aligned to reach even greater heights. The future is pretty bright indeed.

CNMF15VWsAAW4zg.png:large
I hope both will keep having run-ins with each other.

Stulaw

Brynhildr 154

I knew they'd bring her back
Kotori that is, since they mentioned her before.

Again!! 1-96

This is pretty good, it's about Time Travel and Ouendan
initially
. The MC's sort of like Hachiman from SNAFU, ecept with blond hair
and people actually like him after a few chapters.
Not sure how this is going to turn out really, has more kissing than SNAFU though and it's pretty funny.

The story starts at his graduation, he goes to the Ouendan club that he's not a part of and wonders why it was shut down, a girl had gone to the floor to meet her boyfriend and then runs after the MC sees her thinking he's going to kill her because he "looks scary" he chases after her and find that she's fallen down the stairs and unconscious, he falls down some how, lands on her, and then finds himself back 3 years ago at his first day at high school, and the Ouendan club is still running.
The unconscious girl also turns out to have gone back in time.

So yeah, at the moment it's far from finished, but it's been pretty good.
Eyebrows senpai is the best.

Chupacabra 19

Well this will end well.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 131

Really good color spread, along with a really good chapter. Erina has a scary looking dad. Too bad she might have to give up that seat that was in mind for Soma's dad.

Huh, seems like the Arc-V manga will be different from the anime from day one. I expected it to happen eventually since that happens to all the other Yu-gi-oh manga, but this time it seems that it's happening right from the start instead of diverging down the line

Soma 131 (cont.)

Ignoring my unwillingness to waver on Snake-senpai, I can't seem to remember; do we know that Erina's dad is a chef? I don't seem to recall any direct confirmation that he is. Maybe he's not a chef and is just a huge asshole.

Soma 131 (cont.)

Ignoring my unwillingness to waver on Snake-senpai, I can't seem to remember; do we know that Erina's dad is a chef? I don't seem to recall any direct confirmation that he is. Maybe he's not a chef and is just a huge asshole.

I dunno if they ever say what the Nakiri family actually does. They probably do a lot of things but make most of the money and namesake in culinary so her dad could be a CEO or something.

just you watch next week Erina will burst into tears.... OF JOY for the #1 Dad has returned

he will start to sing a song and jump around giving everyone in the restaurant wonderful gifts

then he will take his daughter on a vacation and also train her to love the art of cooking and to believe in her friends

#BestDadEvah!!!!

#Soma'sDadWishesHeWasThisCool

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno if they ever say what the Nakiri family actually does. They probably do a lot of things but make most of the money and namesake in culinary so her dad could be a CEO or something.

They own a Culinary Academy, I guess. Erina's already independently wealthy going by her reaction to Soma's request to taste his stew (comically small bribe notwithstanding).

I'm hoping Joichiro actually shows up at some point here so we can get a little more background/plot. He hasn't actually shown up in close to 100 chapters.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wish we got a little more panels with Alice and her team instead of skipping to the conclusion where everything is solved.
Oh well, might've been for the best to not drag it out.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Huh, seems like the Arc-V manga will be different from the anime from day one. I expected it to happen eventually since that happens to all the other Yu-gi-oh manga, but this time it seems that it's happening right from the start instead of diverging down the line

I like it

I wish we got a little more panels with Alice and her team instead of skipping to the conclusion where everything is solved.
Oh well, might've been for the best to not drag it out.

I kind of feel like that too but it was Alice has an idea -> Alice enacts the idea, I dunno where they would've gotten more screentime. Those three will get some more later I'm sure

Revo

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 14

These god damn clown faces
Glad they're immediately pushing forward.

JoJolion 46

Lol at the twins being called Aphex Twins.

The Rock Human biology lesson is one of the weirdest things I've seen in JoJo.

One of the weirdest things.

In JoJo.

j2xurXj.png

WHAT DOES ARAKI KNOW ABOUT TOGASHI?

Vinland Saga 119

Again, can't fault this girl for being pissed at Thorfinn.

Tomo-chan 125

I'm betting it's something just like they barely knew each other, thought they'd get along and found each other attractive and then it turned out their personalities didn't match. I sincerely doubt it's anything big, just that she's a bit of a controlling beyotch and he's a doofus.

Note that I still love her character.

Mandelbo

Gogo Monster

I'm not really sure what to think of this one. There were some wonderfully surreal moments, like when I.Q.
hallucinates himself on fire, as well as his box becoming bigger and darker as the story progressed,
and the part where Yuki
is beckoned by the dog to go up to the fourth floor, and his hallucination of the class with flowers for heads,
but for some reason it didn't grab me as well as I wanted it to. When Yuki and I.Q.
ascended to the fifth floor, I was honestly expecting it to culminate with Yuki committing suicide, the black door representing the path to the afterlife. It felt like that had been foreshadowed prior, what with the frequent claims that Yuki didn't "have much time left here" and the way his hallucinations were ramping up felt like he was going to have a breakdown, leading to suicide.
I'm not entirely sure then how much was in Yuki's mind and what was reality - although I guess that might be what was intended?

I really enjoyed the art, and overall the manga was incredibly good at creating a sense of unease. It felt almost claustrophobic at times, and the use of sound and confusing visuals to create a sort of sensory overload (with the low-flying planes, the innocuous chatter of the children, etc) which was great too. This is one of the cases where I feel my apathy towards the work might be because I don't fully grasp it yet. There's a lot of imagery and symbolism in this that I think would perhaps warrant a second read to understand completely - it kind of feels like I'm missing parts of the puzzle, so to speak. Right now though, I'm on the fence as to whether I like it or not.

Conan-san

Nisekoi 182
You know, inspite of her clearly being a capital B Bitch whose sum total of importance so far is to have been to be the Bowser to Marika's Peach for an objective that is utterly disgusting, I can't hate Marika's Mom. Everyone else has been so Milquetoast story wise that a clearly disgusting individual is the best character out of this dumb comic.

Hell, I want the ensuing arc to be a Trost level disaster just to show everyone the hell up.

Yona of the Dawn 100-101

Zeno's true power is really bad ass, I also wasn't expecting his reveal to lead into a flash back/origin story of the original 4 dragon warriors. The only real problem I see going forward is any fight with Zeno will lose most of its tension due to his immortal body, the only real conflict will come if someone nearly kills Yona.

Yona of the Dawn 100-101

Zeno's true power is really bad ass, I also wasn't expecting his reveal to lead into a flash back/origin story of the original 4 dragon warriors. The only real problem I see going forward is any fight with Zeno will lose most of its tension due to his immortal body, the only real conflict will come if someone nearly kills Yona.

Well, Zeno can still be captured. Something like a tranquilizer might not trigger his scales appearing, and without that he's not that strong himself.

Zweizer

Banned
Apparently Dungeon Meshi is popular enough to have gotten a
h-
doujinshi from Asaki Takayuki this C88. Chinese translations already available for those interested.

Still, I got to say, Sakazaki Freddie sure got tamed by Kancolle, huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom