• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Dungeon Meshi is popular enough to have gotten a
h-
doujinshi from Asaki Takayuki this C88. Chinese translations already available for those interested.

*google search*
Oh nice. Do you dedicate your time to finding this kind of things or what?

Zweizer

Banned
Geez you guys sure are distrusting.

It's metaphorically like finding a box full of naughty magazines while walking in the woods~

SPeeR9X.png

Yes Murata. Bless us with more drawings.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's metaphorically like finding a box full of naughty magazines while walking in the woods~

If by woods you mean a bamboo grove full of pandas.

(But not our panda)

Mandelbo

Hinamatsuri 01-04

This is good so far, quite funny, but the translation quality is really bad. Please tell me it gets better in later chapters ;-;

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Geez you guys sure are distrusting.

Yes...
"Woods" :^)

sexyfubuki.png
Yes Murata. Bless us with more drawings.
BASED MURATA

Keijo!!!!!!! 46

Ass gatling so fast, you cannot count them all!

Vinland Saga 116

Well, can't blame Hild for wanting to kill Thorfinn, since Thorfinn is a massive dick and kill her father.

phaze

Tomo-chan 125

Whole 3 days ? Longer than I imagined.

Tower of God 164

4 Obitos, one Rin tfuu Roen. How are you going to share it ? At least there is some explanation while they stayed at D-rank for whole hundreds of years.

Disappointed this ended up as yet another battle that resolved nothing.

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch44

Too much yuri flirting is bad for your surroundings.

upandaway

Amanchu! 1-2

This is fun. Chapter 2 was insanely dangerous though holy crap.

Please do not try this at home ever said:

By the way MC's cartoony face is so creepy. It's downright frightening sometimes, straight out of a horror manga.

Hinamatsuri 7-9

Holy crap Anzu did go Madao. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

I'm a bit iffy about Hina going back with that much because it really didn't seem like she learned anything, and she really did act like a jerk (to Anzu too). She doesn't seem any different, Anzu on the other hand is like a totally different person now.

Also expected something to happen with Hina flailing her powers in public but it might be too soon for that.

upandaway

Tomo-chan 51-70

Think I've got a pretty solid footing with the personalities at play here (surprisingly tricky). It took some effort but I'm getting it.

And I'm upset.

Umibozu

Minna! Esper da yo! 7
I will say that this is better than detriot metal city. I'm also glad the are female espers too.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 44
Feel bad for reiko, they should all be friends already, kinda don't want to deal with another arc where one of them feels left out.

LeleSocho

Banned
Amanchu

I think that you think that I'm thinking about her normal face. I'm talking about this thing

Sorry but this is super duper ultra creepy to me. The fact she arbitrarily pops in and out of horror mode is what solidifies the effect.

You thought i was thinking that you were thinking what you didn't thought but i was thinking exactly what you were thinking, it's the same amount of deformation than the ones in Aria/Aqua, you'll end up loving it... i'm sure of it.

I am so so glad that you are reading Amanchu so when you get at a certain point you can explain a thing to me :3
Hopefully you'll have enough free time to read it quickly :3

I wonder if I am still called that Toriko guy :/

...checks first page.... sees I wrote/posted the mandatory "Where is Toriko" question for the banner (even though I don't remember me doing it

yup I guess it is just tradition at this point even though I kinda did calmed down little from back then

Edit: Oh my you guys put a link to the Toriko manga OT in the OP.... awwww you shouldn't have ;)))

quite frankly I like the current pace the manga communities are in here in the Western hemisphere

a few years back when it was all HST obsession we had some petty squabbles and less free minded genre readers.... Now with Naruto being done and Bleach sucking while OP being too long for newcomers I bunch of individuals a turning to other series and/or genres.

Of course there are less newcomers but this mild atmosphere is 100% better then the over the top HST debating a few years back. I would rather have this niche community then the big narrow viewed glob that we had before. Plus there are some nice good Seinen series rising up and revivals of old school series too. Something that looks more promising is hopefully on the horizon like what we had in the 90s and before then as well.

I just hope some series don't later become too big and just eventually gobble up the mind share with their rapid fans.

Now you understand why the manga is in a hurry to end.

If it ends prematurely then that is unfortunate (especially since they won't go to space) but quite honestly I wouldn't ever want Toriko to reach HST western popularity status since then it would drag on and maybe degrade in quality

Numb

quite frankly I like the current pace the manga communities are in here in the Western hemisphere

a few years back when it was all HST obsession we had some petty squabbles and less free minded genre readers.... Now with Naruto being done and Bleach sucking while OP being too long for newcomers I bunch of individuals a turning to other series and/or genres.

Of course there are less newcomers but this mild atmosphere is 100% better then the over the top HST debating a few years back. I would rather have this niche community then the big narrow viewed glob that we had before. Plus there are some nice good Seinen series rising up and revivals of old school series too. Something that looks more promising is hopefully on the horizon like what we had in the 90s and before then as well.

I just hope some series don't later become too big and just eventually gobble up the mind share with their rapid fans.

Onepiece is too long for people who are up to date too. New to anime and manga( 09'er) over here. After watching a couple of animes and some manga i just found what i liked and read a shit ton of manga since then(rarely anime and if so jump to manga quick).

Nowadays follow some random recs but usually just go to manga updates and go through the genres and find manga i like that way. Is there a more organized and deeper variety of manga lists by genre and other weird quirks ya'll can point me at?

Been going through the wuxia/xianxia chinese fantasy novel and some reincarnation and gaming stuff lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom