• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Monster 17

Poor elves

Feeding them an aphrodisiac and then imprisoning them until they succumb to carnal desires because of said aphrodisiac. And then turning themselves into sex slaves for a horde of goblins/hobgoblins. And they don't kill themselves because it was their choice. Okay, dude.

There's also a countdown of how many of them turn into sex slaves by the end of each day.

Most of these "Suddenly Transported/Reincarnated into a Fantasy World" start out fun but then it just becomes wish-fulfillment and becomes really difficult to read.

it took him long enough to realize he is a buffoon
still I am sceptical of endgame

very, very sceptical

We all know who the endgame girl is.... yet the author may try to drag it out between end game girl and Onocrap (who is as annoying as the MC in not getting shit done)

Revo

Feeding them an aphrodisiac and then imprisoning them until they succumb to carnal desires because of said aphrodisiac. And then turning themselves get turned into sex slaves for a horde of goblins/hobgoblins. And they don't kill themselves because it was their choice. Okay, dude.

10/10 writing

Action Idols 15

Chapters feel so zzz

yami4ct

Assassination Classroom 7-current

I finally decided to pick this back up over the summer after getting board with it my first read. I'm super glad I did. It's just a really fun manga with some great character work. The main arc moved a bit slowly for my taste, but once it got going it's been a great ride. I also think the cast is a bit too large to really have sufficient work done for everyone. The story does a great job of giving everyone at least one good arc, but overall they can sort of blend together. I'm glad the series is wrapping up now, it seems. It's definitely run through most of its juice. If it can stick the landing, I can say that as a complete work it's become a favorite of mine.

Tokyo Ghoul 1-61

This is a series that's interested me for some time and I finally decided to dig into it. Not sure really how to feel. I like a lot of ideas the series is presenting, but I feel like the plot has so much momentum that it's hard to really have the characters develop that much. The arcs have had some amazingly suspenseful moments and it keeps me wanting to read the next chapter, so I guess that's a net positive.

when it comes to anatomy :

hamada yoshikazu >>>>>>>>>>>>> kentaro yabuki

dude even gets to hiramoto 's level sometimes

Yeah, I'll give credit where it's due. Dude can draw a set of boobs. What actually sorta impresses me more is that he's extremely good at creating bodies that even if they aren't SUPER realistic have lines of fat and folds like a body would in the positions he puts characters in. Almost all his girls have some weight to them. They don't have have big boobs and lineless waists, he actually gives them appropriate figures. Well...appropriate is a strong word. He's also super damn good at musculature as I learned when
his mom came back and wrecked shop.
Her muscles were intense.

As said before, I super recommend it to people who like or can get past the absurd fan-service because it's actually a very good manga. There's progression, consequences and such. I mean fuck, the latest arc
killed off two main characters and some other side ones
. Like, sometimes shit happens in the manga and it gets super real.

Revo said:

Poor elves

I think what bugs me the most is the number of people online who are trying to say it isn't rape or defending it. Like, I generally enjoy the manga but this put a super bad taste in my mouth because he's straight up facilitating rape and justifying it but the way he writes the manga we're supposed to be 100% behind the shitty overpowered MC. Actually, why the fuck do I read this? I guess because at this point I'll take a rapist MC who gets something down over another teenager afraid of pussy. Wow that's sad. Ugh.

you can but it can no longer just be a romance manga at that point

Uh...there's a ton of romance out there about following a couple once they get together or somesuch. Lovely Complex' entire 2nd half shows it can be done and relatively well. Hell, isn't there an anime airing right now about some big guy going out with a small girl? People's problems with Nisekoi and manga like it (but mainly Nisekoi) is that it PRETENDS to have progression only to return to the status quo. If it was more gag based or kept to the silly faces with less attempts at plot it may fare better but...man, you think the hate is strong now, you shoulda seen it back in the day when all of us were tuning in weekly because we finely wanted to see the mangaka succeed after so many potential series got axed and the dawning realization in the community that he was deliberately cutting down the story progression as much as possible so it would continue serialization. The rage that started simmering then was a fucking volcano compared to the shit it gets now. I think most of us just got tired and stopped following it and let other people get mad at it.

Hell, for a good 20 chapters that's why I tuned in; to get mad. Good catharsis.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi's still entertaining to me. Not as strong as the beginning or Shuu x Ruri chapters, but I still have fun with it.

As much as I loved Horimiya, I look forward to Nisekoi way more. Especially since the side characters are way better in Nisekoi.

Tokyo Ghoul 1-61

This is a series that's interested me for some time and I finally decided to dig into it. Not sure really how to feel. I like a lot of ideas the series is presenting, but I feel like the plot has so much momentum that it's hard to really have the characters develop that much. The arcs have had amazing some amazingly suspenseful moments and it keeps me wanting to read the next chapter, so I guess that's a net positive.

As someone who's read the series a few times always try to look for the Tarot Cards numbers drawn on characters. It gives you a different look into the series and what type of writer the author is. It helps elevate and develop the characters through tarot cards which for me is a pretty interesting way in doing things.

Jintor

Uh...there's a ton of romance out there about following a couple once they get together or somesuch. Lovely Complex' entire 2nd half shows it can be done and relatively well. Hell, isn't there an anime airing right now about some big guy going out with a small girl?

I just feel like once you've 'attained' the climax of most romance stories (e.g. getting the girl/boy/other) you have to generally shift into slice-of-life 'these two people are dating and here's how their life goes', which can be romance tinged but I'd argue is more slice-of-life than anything else.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Poor elves

Just read it.
4c2.gif

Numb

Given that hes openly used torture as a form of punishment, and now, a form of experimentation, drugging elf girls isn't exactly out of what I expect from him.

His colness is one of his best features. Cares about his crew tho so it's good he ain't a complete psycho.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Given that hes openly used torture as a form of punishment, and now, a form of experimentation, drugging elf girls isn't exactly out of what I expect from him.

I hear ya. Judged by our moral rulers in reality, its like asking which is worse, a rapist or murderer.

I began to have a very hard time with the MC months ago but I had to come to the conclusion I just couldn't measure him the way I would measure a human. Trying to understand his conviction as a monster in a society where humanity is a foreign concept makes for a more interesting way to digest what the MC descend will do.

Nah. He's equal-opportunist. He drugs all the elves and then tells his underlings to practice sex using the elf boys before moving onto the elf girls. Then there's this weird monologue about how elves are so much better than humans (prettier, sexier, etc.).

But yeah. MC was basically a cannibal back when he was "human" so expect loose morals.

Numb

Can't believe he let that happen to him tho as a human. He is more of a machine than a anything nasty. Works with numbers and whatnot and positives with negatives. Doesn't go do shit for the lolz and hurtung others. Just to further himself.

Quasar

Nisekoi's still entertaining to me.

I'm still enjoying it, even if seems like the writer is rushing to end it. Certainly happy to say I'm enjoying it more than pretty much any shonen manga. But then I don't like shonen so almost any other random piece of manga is more enjoyable to me than most shonen.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just feel like once you've 'attained' the climax of most romance stories (e.g. getting the girl/boy/other) you have to generally shift into slice-of-life 'these two people are dating and here's how their life goes', which can be romance tinged but I'd argue is more slice-of-life than anything else.

That second half of Kimi no Iru Machi... Sometimes I was just hoping it'd go back to being rage town.

Revo

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 35-6

So many tentacles
And looks like mera mom isn't all that nice :(
guess all of them couldn't be good gals

Hikaru no go 15-31

Having Sai exist to play people via the internet is a pretty brilliant plot point which I can already see blooming into several plot points when the various pros and akira come to meet this god of go.

Usobuko

Banned
Hikaru no go 15-31

Having Sai exist to play people via the internet is a pretty brilliant plot point which I can already see blooming into several plot points when the various pros and akira come to meet this god of go.

Obligatory Ost : The Hand of God

I still think the manga is superior but some of HnG's ost played during matches was sublime.

bobohoro

Monster Musume 36

Suu is awesome.

Nisekoi 183

Don't care, kinda, because everything in this arc feels so predictable. There is no way for a truly bad end of Marika, as well as no way that Raku will chose her. So just get it over with the friendship power bullshit and rejection ending.

random25

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 129

But they still held hands Tomo. That's romantic.

Nisekoi 183

This arc is kinda getting boring. Maybe because the end of Marika's arc is pretty much sealed already.

Revo

Nisekoi 183

Doubt I'll be surprised this arc.
Hopefully this arc at least puts the gears in motion for the remaining three.

Haikyuu!! 171
CNlj_8MWwAAxdcK.png

Another chapter reminding us that TsukiKage combo is perfect. That final page spread was one of the best moments in HQ. Tsukki has really had some of the best growth in the whole manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom