• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he improves and grows in the future. He never makes progress. That mother arc was really really weird and unneeded. Glad it was over quick.

Oh my god, please don't remind me.

Meanwhile, after more Jitsu wa Watashi wa (every time I type that I imagine it sung like the Ushio and Tora opening) Akane has got to be the biggest trolly asshole I have ever seen. I love her. Feel kinda bad for Class Rep though. Even if she did get her feelings requited, she's all tiny and stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't read Akame ga Kill in forever

Is Mein dead yet

Canada should at least get these French manga :mad:

idk how Quebec works with publication.... I believe they have a different publisher then viz
and before the difficulties of having a publisher from France release prints for Canada

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma - 133 RAW

This isn't a cooking manga anymore, that's a psychological shonen drama that happens to have cooks in them.

Hanako to Guuwa no Tera 1-19 (END)
oxLCV6j.jpg
I still say that's a cute look.

A detective agency becomes embroiled in a web of urban legends and gratuitous killings, with predictably messy consequences. This is the kind of story I could've really enjoyed if it was written by a competent author. But it was written by the Mirai Nikki author. Oh well, it was still a worthwhile read, if largely by virtue of the folklore elements alone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma - 133 RAW

This isn't a cooking manga anymore, that's a psychological shonen drama that happens to have cooks in them.

idk why Hisako at the end was making a face like Soma could gonna do anything to help. On the plus side, I can't see Soma white knighting Erina, he'll just say "you suck" to the dad

Amon vol. 2
So after Akira regained control of Amon, the second volume is entirely set in a flash back to before the ice age that froze the demons for thousands of years, and also shows the origins of Amon as demonkind recognizes him. Silene (Sirene? Siren? I don't fucking know anymore) also gets a pretty big focus in this volume, along with the rest of her tribe. Considering how she's an iconic demon it makes sense they'd want to show her off when her species was flourishing. I can only hope Jinmen gets some attention in later volumes.

I also don't know if I have possibly read anything that had more bare exposed tits than this entire volume, because between all the Silenes and Satan on screen it'd be pretty damn hard to show any of this off in a safe for work environment. I really like the art as the chapters go on, especially when it shows the inside of "Deathless Amon" a giant sphere of light where Amon's soul is imprisoned. Some shots, especially Amon's dormant body, is some straight up H.R. Giger shit. Still very beautiful and detailed all around. And gory. Lots of gore. And cannibalism.

There's also a rather interesting parallel between both volumes in that they build up to the "revival" of something. First volume was all about trying to revive Akira's soul and free him from Amon's control, and here it's all building up to a seemingly insignificant human (whose looks like a kid Violence Jack due to the hair) taking on the challenge of reviving Amon by fusing with his soul. It still seems like there's a lot of different themes or subjects it wants to cover, but at the end of the day, Amon is still front and center for this thing. Not Akira nor Devilman. Just the strongest mother fucker that ever existed among demons.

Still proving to be a very worthwhile read so far.

Angry Grimace

The Soma way

It isn't a bad character trait; I think we can all agree it would be cringeworthy as fuck if Soma came in and started white knighting for the honor of his tsundere waifu.

i kind of expect Erina to claim the empty table was for Soma to drive her Dad away

I wouldn't be surprised if he recognizes the name "Yukihira." According to the spoiler thread, if you go back to Chapter 43, you can see that Erina's dad (Azami Nakiri) was the third seat behind Joichiro and Gin.

Seven Seas licenses I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner

Seven Seas Entertainment reveals the first of several new summer licenses with their acquisition of I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner, written by Nanatsuki Takafumi and with art by Risumai.

Deep in the forest-covered mountains is an all-girls school, attended by children from only the richest and most prestigious of families. Here, the girls are raised to be perfect young ladies, cut off from the real world to preserve their innocence and ensure that they’re free from all distractions. This policy of isolation is a double-edged sword, however, for after graduation, students of the academy often struggle to adapt to a world that’s totally different from their cloistered school life.

To combat this inevitable culture shock, an average teenage boy, Kagurazaka Kimito, is kidnapped by the school to provide its students with knowledge of the outside world. Forced to enroll against his wishes, Kimito must now attend classes in a place where his very manhood relies on keeping the girls happy. Can one regular guy possibly survive in a fearsome, all-female student body?

Seven Seas will release I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner for the first time in print in North America as single volumes, each with a color insert. The first volume will be released on May 3, 2016 for $12.99 US / $14.99 CAN.

woo

wonder if the covers will get censored lol

I'm planning on doing a reread of Please Save my Earth. If anyone wants to read it for the first time, now would be the time!

It has a solid science fiction story, ESP, love, twists, good character building, etc!

Gintama Whatever

"In order to save my other family."

Goddam you stupid Gorrilla-sensei. Stop making me feel this thing known as emotion.

It isn't a bad character trait; I think we can all agree it would be cringeworthy as fuck if Soma came in and started white knighting for the honor of his tsundere waifu.

I wouldn't be surprised if he recognizes the name "Yukihira." According to the spoiler thread, if you go back to Chapter 43, you can see that Erina's dad (Azami Nakiri) was the third seat behind Joichiro and Gin.
But Joichiro's original name is Saiba. Even Gin only vaguely recognized the name Yukihira, and Gin was pretty much best buds with Joichiro. I honestly think Soma's mom was never at Totsuki, and that Gin recognized the name from Joichiro briefly mentioning it

Angry Grimace

But Joichiro's original name is Saiba. Even Gin only vaguely recognized the name Yukihira, and Gin was pretty much best buds with Joichiro. I honestly think Soma's mom was never at Totsuki, and that Gin recognized the name from Joichiro briefly mentioning it
Except this guy is clearly super evil so its a lot more likely he would keep tabs on what was going on.

I'm super hoping that much like the rest of Soma all our expectations are subverted and the Evil Dad secretly has a crush on Soma's dad or something to take the piss out of him.

Seven Seas also licenses Battle Rabbits

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce their acquisition of Battle Rabbits, the newest manga series by the creative team behind 07-Ghost, Amemiya Yuki and Ichihara Yukino.

Kokuryuu Kaguya was only a little boy when he witnessed his father murdered by demons. He spent years trying to convince people about what he witnessed, but was dismissed as a traumatized child with an over-active imagination. Now a teenager, Kaguya still remembers what happened.

One day, Kaguya is struck by a mysterious light and meets a young woman named Mao—a skillful warrior wearing bunny ears—who rescues him from a demons' attack, then demands to know what planet he’s from! Kaguya finds himself inducted into a secret organization of other-worldly individuals whose goal is to defend Earth from monstrous invaders. Reborn as a Battle Rabbit, strange powers awaken within Kaguya which allow him to fight these creatures and seek vengeance for his father’s death.

Seven Seas will release Battle Rabbits for the first time in print in North America as single volumes, each with a color insert. The first volume will be released on July 5, 2016 for $12.99 US / $14.99 CAN.

I think I read some chapters of this?

phaze

Historie ~42-92
~90 chapters in 12 years ? I'm not sure where the author wants to break off the story but were he to attempt to continue till the death of Eumenes with the current pacing, he won't be done in 2050 still. I'm glad that I at least managed to see the reunion with Charon and Battle of Charonea. (Unfinished as it is as of now.)

Historie is a manga from Iwaaki Hitoshi, the author of Parasyte. The story follows the life of Eumenes, his upbringing in a wealthy family, his fall into slavery and his later life tribulations that eventually resulted in him becoming a secretary to Phillip II of Macedonia and later (spoilers !) Alexander the Great and all that this job involved. Eumenes himself, being a very bright and very self assured, is a welcome break from the more common wimpy leads. I do feel he sometimes strays too far into Gary Stu land but it's mostly minor stuff so far. The plot changed over time from mostly mc's personal adventures to more politically tinted stuff. I think I preferred the latter in general but the best point of the story was Eumenes discovering the story of his mother with all the twists that came with that arc.

The biggest downside to it all is art which, while it still has some moments, feels subpar most of the time and is just dreadful and plainly unfinished at times.

In general, I can't say this rocked my socks off, certainly I'd put Innocent a few tiers higher, but it was pretty decent. Now to wait another 12 years for them to get to Persepolis. ;_;

upandaway

My Hero Academia

So it looks like things are going the exact opposite of what hand man wanted, but just as keikaku for TV man. The villain alliance could definitely use more high level people.

I'm curious about cannibal girl especially, she appeared twice.

Bokuhero 57

Iida is going to turn into Miller. "I WILL LEAVE MY HAND LIKE THIS SO I DON'T FORGET THE PAIN OF 9 YEARS 9 HOURS AGOOOO"

And I thought Stain had fatal injuries? He lived?

Boku no Everybody Saw That Name Coming

Expected but still entertaining. What was more fun was Midoriya's reaction to talking to Urara. Also where my slug girl at. Damn author, said she'd get her time to shine, damn liar.

Boku no Hero Academia 57

Round about.... Nice to see the Bomb guy again, lol at the jeans

The little bit of teasing about the big bad... and that girl who gets ecstatic for hurting/maybe even eating people

weird

I don't think Seven Seas has ever censored anything but these covers are pretty damn lewd lol.

yeah, gonna be interesting to see what they do

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven Seas licenses Masamune-kun's Revenge

Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce their newest acquisition, Masamune-kun's Revenge, a high school romantic comedy manga series written by Takeoka Hazuki and drawn by Tiv.

As an overweight child, Makabe Masamune was mercilessly teased and bullied by one particular girl, Adagaki Aki. Determined to one day exact his revenge upon her, Makabe begins a rigorous regimen of self-improvement and personal transformation.

Years later, Masamune reemerges as a new man. Handsome, popular, with perfect grades and good at sports, Masamune-kun transfers to Aki’s school, and is unrecognizable to her. Now, Masamune-kun is ready to confront the girl who bullied him so many years ago and humiliate her at last. But will revenge be as sweet as he thought?

Seven Seas will release Masamume-kun's Revenge for the first time in print in North America as single volumes, each with a color insert. The first volume will be released on June 14, 2016 for $12.99 US / $14.99 CAN.

Revo

Action Idols 16

Was wondering why it felt so short and it was only 9 pages
better than it being more and just being so skimp i guess

NY Times Top Selling Manga August 23-29
*1. Attack on Titan Vol.16
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*3. Naruto Vol.71
*4. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Citrus Vol.3
*7. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.2
*8. Trinity Seven: The Seven Magicians Vol.2
*9. Assassination Classroom Vol.5
10. Attack on Titan Vol.1

Previous Week
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*2. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.3
*3. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*4. Naruto Vol.71
*5. Citrus Vol.3
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Vol.7
*8. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*9. One Piece Vol.75
10. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol.3

*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*3. Naruto Vol.71
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Citrus Vol.3

Previous Week
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Naruto Vol.71
*5. Citrus Vol.3
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*9. One Piece Vol.75

Hero Academia needs a an anime here as it seems to be unable to stick on, (like shingeki still around, Tokyo Ghoul 1 and 2 both on, and that animes been over for months now)

(also is that a typo with Dungeon v2?)

*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*3. Naruto Vol.71
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Citrus Vol.3

Previous Week
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Naruto Vol.71
*5. Citrus Vol.3
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*9. One Piece Vol.75

I see people are still buying AoT Vol.01

is it going to be some gift you give to people you heard like comics

Kubo Seeks to Protect Image Online

In an official statement from the editorial staff of Weekly Shōnen Jump, Kubo's management complains about a number of images on Twitter and elsewhere that misidentify portraits of other people as Bleach author Tite Kubo. The statement notes that this is a violation of Mr. Kubo's rights and strongly discourages the practice, going so far as to threaten legal repercussions in the case of malicious misappropriation.

Dear lord, all those Kubo images from /a/ from 2009 are finally catching up to him!

Alternatively people are just calling pairs of sunglasses Kubo like with Itagaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom