• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Tokyo Tarareba-Jou

qQ6ZINs.jpg

Read a bit of this and I can't wait for this to be available in Eng.

The premise is about 30+ years old women trying to get hitch and settle down before Tokyo Olympics 2020 began. As usual, Akiko Higashimura is brilliant.

phaze

The art is guilty of omitting the background and allow plenty of white blanks to take away.

No surprise you rate Innocent better either, have you read Kokou no Hito, the previous of work of that mangaka?

No I didn't. I've seen it when checking out his other works after Innocent but the entire climbing angle is ... well not very exciting to me on the first look. :p

Nisekoi 184

Onodera has been jobbing so hard these past few chapters she might not even make it to her own arc before getting rejected.

----

Dem chapter 43 TG :re spoilers.

dani_dc

Prison School 189

While Hana and Kyoshi manage to continue to manage to figure out new contrived plans to execute, Chiyo is finally starting to understand there's something happening there.

My Hero Academia 57

Happy to see that even if Stain himself won't be relevant much in the future his actions will spark one of the major conflicts in the story.

random25

Prison School 189

This underwear swapping has become so hardcore.

Nisekoi 184

Ninja vs. Hitman. Guess that will be the highlight of this arc.

Gintama 556

The reunion of the disciples will be epic.

Hatarakanai Futari 46

Poor friend...easy to manipulate.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 136

Isn't "physical activities" for dates much better? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Numb

Sweet Guy 1-29 NSFW

Dude gets sexual powers and somehow manages not be a complete prick why still boning every girl. Nice.
Power hungry goverment/corporation cliche. Not very nice.
Nice art and also pays attention to butts as much as boobs. Very very nice.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you post this same gif regarding Tokyo Ghoul:re some 10-20 times since it started.

Edit: Now you stealth edit it into a different GIF and my post no longer makes sense!

I can't explain it but I'm hyped. The plot has been moving steadily and it seems to be paying off. Ahaha my bad.

I mean I just literally saw a mask that looks like Punpun.

Revo

Prison School 189

im honestly just speechless at how prison school is
just doing whatever it wants and being amazing

dani_dc

I can't explain it but I'm hyped. The plot has been moving steadily and it seems to be paying off. Ahaha my bad.

I mean I just literally saw a mask that looks like Punpun.
You get hyped too easily Aqua!

I still need to catch up with the series, already finished the auction arc.

Prison School 189

im honestly just speechless at how prison school is
just doing whatever it wants and being amazing

Peiso School has always been doing whatever the hell it wants and it has been amazing at doing so for awhile now!

Amon vol.5 - 6 END
Well, this is it. Everything has built up to this point. It started with Akira losing control of Amon and these final two volumes serve as a reimagining of the last half of Devilman, following Zenon's declaration of war against humanity, and shows more in detail what led to the start of this manga in the first place.

Since this is before humanity's completely wiped itself out, Ryo is still around as is Miki Makimura and all the other delinquents that are willing to fight alongside Akira. But a new character's introduced in the form of Cadney, a devilman who is actually working with the ADSC to study and experiment on demons while trying to keep his demonic powers a secret for obvious reasons. As it turns out, he's the one that proposes the theory in the original manga that says every human as the potential for demonic transformation, but more importantly, he was one of the hippies that survived the sabbath that Ryo had Akira take part in to fuse with Amon. As for who Cadney fused with, well...it's not easy to say. This is where things start to get confusing in that regard, but Cadney is basically a psychological antagonist for Akira as Cadney tries to prove he's more human than Devilman is. This leads to Akira having nightmares about horrific murders committed by "someone" believing it to be him and possibly loosing control Amon.

This leads right into the final volume where the majority of it is an almost beat for beat recreation of the final chapters in the original manga. Ryo exposing Akira as Devilman, Miki's parents being captured and brutally killed, Devilman's assault on the ADSC headquarters, and while the most terrifying scene of this ordeal was not recreated, the aftermath was shown, right after a successful mission and Akira starts to regain hope for the future. Miki's death crushed him. And what follows, leads right back to the start of the manga.

Best moments I felt out of this final volume both had to do with Ryo Asuka, the first being what tips him over into exposing Devilman to the public. When Akira's struggling to contain Amon inside of him, Miki arrives and is the one person that is able to help calm him down. Something that Ryo, who is of course Satan and loves Akira more than anyone, cannot stand. Everything that follows is him willing to go to such lengths to have everyone around him killed so he has no one else to rely on, even with it extending to the entire human race (which is what Zenon and all demon kind wants anyway). Even with that being the ultimate goal for all demons, Satan still acknowledges his own irrational behavior for wanting Akira to live, prompting a flash back to when he pulled a goddamn gun on Dosuroku and co so they'd lay off of him.

The great demon lord Satan is a yandere for a single human being. "That's right, I'm crazy" is the best way he could go about describing himself. No fucking wonder I feel such sympathy for a character that is based off of the devil in Christianity. But considering I felt bad for Silene's mother and what she went through, goes to show just how powerful this series can be sometimes.

I'm so glad I was able to find this. It ends in a more abstract place with Akira struggling as much as he can to control Amon and Satan reflecting on what's taken place, so it's not as depressing on a huge scale like the original manga. But I enjoy a good in media res structure for a story, and only after the fourth volume did the start of the manga become clear regarding its place in the timeline. Everything's not going extinct yet, but it still manages to end on a depressing note because you know what's going to happen and its unavoidable. In a lot of ways, similar to the fate God placed on the universe in the series. Always ending in suffering.

Though now because of that final volume, I almost wish there was an entire remake of the original manga with Yu Kinutami doing all the art. Strange Days was interesting though except for a brief cameo from Akira, the entire cast was new so it felt, well, "strange" so to speak. Seeing the classic cast redone in this detailed art style was such a wonderful treat. Even with them looking more realistic they still evoked the same style as Go Nagai's designs way back in the seventies. A really good team up between Kinutami and Nagai.

--

Alright! That diversion is done. Now to go back to reading the usual on going manga series.
Hope Cyborg 009 vs Devilman kicks ass...

Revo

Peiso School has always been doing whatever the hell it wants and it has been amazing at doing so for awhile now!

it has but this mid race underpants switch is just a moment that once again solidifies it

Toriko 337

suddenly monsters

Soma 133

Interesting how Azami shares the same name as the third seat during Jouichirou's era at Tootsuki. Possibly just a coincidence though.

somedevil

Soma 133:

Looks like he wants to use Erina to change the school.

The question I have going by the translation its hard to tell if he is blood related to the family. Cause if him being the 3rd seat is correct he had a different last name.

So that means the Erina's mother was the blood related one. So instead of two brothers it was a sister and brother.

upandaway

Soma 133:

Looks like he wants to use Erina to change the school.

The question I have going by the translation its hard to tell if he is blood related to the family. Cause if him being the 3rd seat is correct he had a different last name.

So that means the Erina's mother was the blood related one. So instead of two brothers it was a sister and brother.
Yeah it's pretty likely he married into the family and got booted when he started something. And now he wants to use Erina to carry out whatever that was

Nisekoi 184

Oonodera again getting left behind while Chitoge pushes the main protag forward

even Shuu knows the endgame.... I just want Onodera to be out of the harem already

Soma 133

qLg6pWb.png

the hishoko is too much for me
Hisako is like Hana from Prison School, the best girl who will (likely) never end up with the MC despite the chemistry.

Nakiri Azami: tall, dark, and rapist especially the panel where the foreground is a pale shaken Erina and the background is menacingly dark with Azami's grasping hands surrounding her

Azami had to have started some shit up to lose guardianship over his daughter (I'm gonna assume her mom passed away) wonder if he's like Endeavor tier bad parent

Soma 133

Erina Shooked to the core... Her Father wants to use her for his own agenda it seems

lol that he was banned from the academy.... this guy is literally the final villain but I also love the fact that he gives no shit towards all those rich people

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Obviously Hisako is gonna save the day here by saying the open table was for Soma.

Either

a) Erina's Dad is going to not know who Soma is but still get angry since his daughter knows someone that is a "fodder" and will then say he doesn't "need to eat your cuisine since I will already know what it would taste like" and then proceed to leave the place

b) He will know who Soma is due to a similar resemblance, hint, etc... and get pissed off, rant and then proceed to leave the place without saying who Soma's dad is therefore not spilling the beans yet for Erina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom