• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Soma 133

Time for soma to save her when she is most vulnerable and win her heart

You seem to imply Soma hasn't already won her heart

Shokugeki no Soma 133

I didn't expect this series to introduce a real main antagonist but here he is, can't wait to see Soma cooking battle punch this guy in the face at the end of the series.

Wiseblade

Viz updated their Jump International app so now you can buy and read Shueisha digital volumes through it. It's nice, but it only seems to cover recent releases and isn't easy to browse through. I wish they'd just thrown their entire publishing catalogue on Comixology, so I could get some older stuff and non JUMP titles. I'm not sure I could justify hunting down physical ES21 volumes, but could definitely see myself snapping the whole series up digitally in a sale.

I definitely don't see myself buying any new series physically for a long time. 75 volumes of One Piece alone are troublesome enough to store...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hinamatsuri 48

wue7NiC.gif

Hinamatsuri 48

Poor Nitta. He just want to be alone with his pottery.

Shokugeki no Soma 133

Erina father sure screams EVIL. Specially with those darkness panels.

I cant wait for next chapter.

Series from Weekly Shonen Jump have already released 2 chapters during these 2 weeks while Tokyo Ghoul:re hasn't even released chapter 42.😌

At this rate chapter 43 will be released next week.

Gvitor

Shokugeki no Soma 131

Erina's father is so sitting in Joichiro's table.

Quite liked the 2nd seat, too.

Shokugeki no Soma 133

Called it.

Really liked the chapter. I'm expecting Erina's father to shit on her cooking, followed by Soma defending her, leading to him leaving and dropping the bomb about Soma's father being Joichiro.

The page with Erina's father on the background like a puppetmaster over Erina was nice, but the best one was Hisako's happy face after seeing Soma barge in.

Hisako is like Hana from Prison School, the best girl who will (likely) never end up with the MC despite the chemistry.

Nakiri Azami: tall, dark, and rapist especially the panel where the foreground is a pale shaken Erina and the background is menacingly dark with Azami's grasping hands surrounding her

Azami had to have started some shit up to lose guardianship over his daughter (I'm gonna assume her mom passed away) wonder if he's like Endeavor tier bad parent

Endeavor ends up not that bad really. the bar for bad parenting had to go to Ragyo from Kill la Kill. I doubt this Azami is on that level. lol

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. -Monologue- 12-13

the difference between nice girls and convenient girls is revealed

dani_dc

Hinamatsuri 48

This still feels like such a random timeskip, it kind of felt like a joke last chapter and it still doesn't quite feel real.

Shouta

So, I mentioned they were gonna make a Prison School live action drama. They just announced the cast. For the I-Cup Vice President, they got an I-Cup Gravure Model to play her, lol. Man, they just went for it, huh.

Mamoru Asana is her name.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, I mentioned they were gonna make a Prison School live action drama. They just announced the cast. For the I-Cup Vice President, they got an I-Cup Gravure Model to play her, lol. Man, they just went for it, huh.

They know their audience :lol

upandaway

Tomo-chan 90-110

Man this has been going so well lately it just feels wrong. I haven't been upset once in like, 40 strips now. It's worrying.

I almost want to be upset a little, at this point. I just need some peace of mind.

This is acceptable to me

random25

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 137

Good job Tomo! Just don't mess this up.

Hatarakanai Futari 47

Living a life is too hard. Gotta agree to that.

Shokugeki no Soma 133

Like father, like son. Soma gonna save the day for Erina I guess.

Goodnight Punpun 1-12

Enjoying this quite a bit so far. It does a really excellent job at capturing the feelings and general mood of adolescence. Like everything else by Asano, the art is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way he draws smiling and crying faces-- they perfectly convey those emotions. His composition is very impressive too. He can set the tone very well through his paneling and it reminds me a lot of Mike Mignola's art in that regard.

I know it's only going to get darker from here on out so this'll be interesting.

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri 48

This still feels like such a random timeskip, it kind of felt like a joke last chapter and it still doesn't quite feel real.

I think this is for the best.

They had to go for this direction ever since the third esper girl spent like 550 days on the island. Timeskip makes things refreshing too.

Soma 133

Call it intuition but I can pretty much guarantee that this Evil Dude will have a team of EVIL STUDENTS who will challenge all the current characters. Much jobbing will be had.

I'm betting Erina's father was expelled with Soma's father for something they did.

A high risk Shokugeki maybe? Heck, they mentioned that Soma's father's cooking has changed, maybe he went for the same thing as this guy.

B.O.O.M

Black Clover 27

HAG!

lol...but no seriously what happened to the protag? Chapter felt too short this week.

Soma

Sniff..you smell like your dad!

But honestly I think the HSD Kenichi elder look-alike grandpa is about to wreck shit next chapter

phaze

Tsumugomo 19

AwmS738.png

Hilarious silent chapter.

Series from Weekly Shonen Jump have already released 2 chapters during these 2 weeks while Tokyo Ghoul:re hasn't even released chapter 42.��

At this rate chapter 43 will be released next week.

Of course this bullshit happens when there is a Touka chapter.

Zweizer

Banned

The right way to do things!

I think this is for the best.

They had to go for this direction ever since the third esper girl spent like 550 days on the island. Timeskip makes things refreshing too.

Yeah, it might be very sudden, but it sure makes things intriguing, and slice of life series where time actually flows are generally quite rare, so it'll be interesting to see what'll happen next.

Black Clover 28

I understand the point of the 1 on 1 fight in shonen action series, but this 1 at a time invasion stuff is kind of hilarious. Instead of teleporting the mages away after they killed on the zombies start teleporting them enmasse with the zombies AND the civilians to force the m knights to stay outside of the city protecting people from zombies instead of now simply being stalled for a few minutes.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Soma's totally sitting with the dad.

Then going to shit-talk him tremendously, leading to son of Joichiro reveal, who was totally involved with Azami and their combined expulsions which will lead to Erina's panties getting soaked until they realize they're related by the same mother!?

Soma's totally sitting with the dad.

Then going to shit-talk him tremendously, leading to son of Joichiro reveal, who was totally involved with Azami and their combined expulsions which will lead to Erina's panties getting soaked until they realize they're related by the same mother!?

Yeah I can see that happening. Soma is going to be like "who the fuck is this shit" and sit with Azami. They will then talk (with Soma shit-talking) until Azami like "you are a piece of shit and I am going to prove that". Then cue Azami kicking Soma ass and yada yada yada.

I am also going to bet that Azami realizes that Soma is Joichiro son after leaving of Erina restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom