• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

y7QsUXE.jpg
Still can't believe Marvel comissioned Butcha-U of all artists.
I mean, I guess it isn't ShindoL or anything, but still.

BOYS ON THE RUN'S TRANSLATIONS ARE BACK!!

AGH GOD HOLY SHIT

Sekai Oni 81

That may have been one of the single most satisfying pages I have ever seen in my life. It took 80 chapters, but Adachi finally not going out like a chump and King getting fucking punched in the face were alllllllll worth it.

Motherfucker's gotta die for Legless Gas Mask-chan.

Boys On The Run 95-100

Well that went about as good as expected.

Which is to say the way everything goes in this manga.

As bad as it possibly can.

Oh god I've missed it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Boys on the run VOl 9!!! BACK FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING DEAD!!!! WE MIGHT SEE AN END YET!!!

Anyway great group of chapters. Every time Tanishi shows himself to be a huge piece of shit, he redeems himself a little with some old school heroics and masculine bravado. I mean, it rarely works out, but fuck if I don't like that about him. Also Gen's such a huge dirtbag and I love it.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: re 42-43

ZmqZ6S9.png

By this point, I think the 'new cast' has been built up nicely. I'm no longer just anticipating old character's returns (although its still always awesome to see) but genuinely interested in Shirazu, Mutsuki and Kanae's stories. Urie is even sort of likable now. Saiko is the only one that I feel needs some more development, but she was missing for the first bulk of chapters so that is understandable. Also, I'm digging Shirazu's new haircut.

I wonder what will happen to Kanae, that encounter was chilling, great dialogue. Eto's kagune kind of reminds me of Ragnarok from Soul Eater.

Prison School 1 - 19

Trying to read this again, still kinda eh. I mean the art is friggin amazing and stuff but I just don't find it all that funny or any of the characters besides the main duder all that interesting.

I know it gets better as it goes but... it's just... not hooking me...

I found the anime much easier to get into after a similar experience with the beginning of the manga.

Numb

Sekai Oni 54-90

Drifted off after the other world business since it got boring there but now things are back to normal and good.
The King is one awesome villain.

Sai

Tokyo Ghoul: re 42-43

Urie is even sort of likable now.
Not even sort of, to me. Rather than become less of a jackass, it's more like he strapped himself even tighter for the role. I suppose I can see how some would like that commitment and resolve, but I'm just eager to see it all blow back in his face.

Agreed on Saiko and the rest.

Attack on Titan 73

Set up for what could be one of the biggest battles in the whole series. I wonder if we're getting close to the end game or if the author plans to take the story far outside the walls.

Also now that I'm caught up on Seraph of the End I guess my next target for marathon like crazy is World Trigger as it's the next series in order in this weeks US Jump. I have to say being able to go from new chapter to new chapter with the flick of a finger is very nice kind of feels like how you're meant to read manga.

phaze

TG stuff

Urie will get likeable, will get along with the rest of the team and then he will go with them to :re where he will sniff out his long desired promotion. ;p

If Saiko won't do it first.

Speaking of which, it's kind of bullshit if Kanae can figure out Eto smells weird and Banjou, Hinami and all Aogiri non privy to the secret can't.

Arabesque

Also now that I'm caught up on Seraph of the End I guess my next target for marathon like crazy is World Trigger as it's the next series in order in this weeks US Jump. I have to say being able to go from new chapter to new chapter with the flick of a finger is very nice kind of feels like how you're meant to read manga.

Looking forward to reading what you have to say about the series. It's one of those that end up being very good in the long run, despite starting off slow.

My experience from reading English Jump every week is pretty similar in how the feeling of flipping through the issue easily is much better than using their browser reader. I do hope they implement more features like being able to comment directly through the app in the future.

Wiseblade

Did you show him your collection?
1) I was trying to play it cool, but internally I was struggling to keep hype under control. That last chapter had me running hot.

2) I don't think I've taken any pictures of my collection since I passed 40 volumes. I'm at 70 now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just confess to him Wiseblade. Don't drag it out for 50 chapters.

Looking forward to reading what you have to say about the series. It's one of those that end up being very good in the long run, despite starting off slow.

My experience from reading English Jump every week is pretty similar in how the feeling of flipping through the issue easily is much better than using their browser reader. I do hope they implement more features like being able to comment directly through the app in the future.

When I picked it up originally I got to chapter 30ish then I watched the animed up to episode 10ish, both times I liked it enough but for some reason I just never got back to it. My feeling early on was that the author wasn't exactly sure what direction to take the series and it does very rapidly a bleach esque "first we fight monsters now were fighting humans and the monsters are irrelevant". Last I remembered they were doing team based fighting against other teams from border but I'm just starting over for simplicities sake.

Terraformars 122 - 137

The roaches secretly lurking on earth for 16 years and being in common positions like customers boarding a plane, driving people around, or as hikikomori was funny concept at first but kind of interesting. I kind of wish the anime would just jump to this moment instead of the forced Michelle Akari romance plot, though that was intense too.

Oh well at least Alex is back in the game.
COfd5ReWEAAXh66.png

and its somehow still going

I wonder if it survives mostly on the strength of its weekly ranking and the fact its about sumo which I can't really think of any other sumo manga that are remotely big.

World Trigger 1-32

I'm glad I reread because I didn't remember a lot of the details, but I am enjoying World Trigger a lot more then I did the first time I read it. I'm pretty sure this is where I stopped reading last time as well so now I have all new content ahead.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 43

phIMXry.jpg

Is that Punpun I see?

Now that was a fantastic chapter. Eto is a fucking monster, not only did she physically destroy Kanae she also mentally destroyed him. Also her fucking Kagune can talk. WTF? Now we now that her monstrous Kagune comes from tons of RC cells and imagination. Plus she can eat regular food. No wonder she's a best selling Author. I loved how the Genesis and Bible was brought up.

I have to agree with Kyuur on how all the Qs are much more like able than they initially were especially Shirazu. I loved how laid back Saiko was when she talked to those Ghouls. Calling it now Banjo is the Boss of the 6th Ward, it has to be.

Haise is getting closer and closer to the truth. Seeing him wear his mask was pretty nostalgic and it was funny when Ghouls ran away from him. But my boy Amon is helping Haise get closer and closer to his memories. I have a feeling Haise is going to talk to Donato.

Can't wait for next week.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Vol. 7-8

I was still reeling from the recent death in this series so I was surprised no one else kicked it in these two volumes.

Liking all the characterization all the knights have been getting, really helps builds who they are and probably makes it harder when one of them probably kicks it.

That twist in the end was something else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom