• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue 42 rankings.

Mononofu (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Haikyuu!!
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
World Trigger
Sesuji wo Pin! to (CP)
Toriko
Nisekoi
Bleach
Best Blue
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Kagamigami
Devilyman (End)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Looks like Best Blue will make an early exit unless it can turn things around.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shokugeki no Soma 134 Spoilers

I don't like 2nd seat anymore

Wanna post the spoilers?

-According to Azami, there will be a new director, by virtue of [majority] votes from the E10
-9, 6, 5, 4, 2, and 1 vote in favor of Azami being the new director

upandaway

(NSFW) Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou ch1-9 by Okamoto Lynn & Yokoyari Mengo

This is amazing.
6mcZmGr.png

Arabesque

Magi 278 + 279

Man, fuck Kouen. I hope the execution goes through and he dies, because regardless of how shady Sinbad is now becoming (because we can't have the manga continue without a central villain, unless the new EiC does bring the series to an end) he has not been as evil as Kouen had been.

Kouen: "I decided to become allies with the people who wanted to destroy the world, were assassinating our heads of state and usurped our political offices ... because I was too scared that these foreign countries might be scheming to make us sign a trade agreement or suggest we stop invading and enslaving people"

His justifications for not standing up to Arba and Althamen were worse than excuses, that were either idiotic plans or plain cowardice because he was afraid his aunt would tell him scary stories at night if they were married.

The twist with Aladdin now being Hakuryuu's magi (in mirror with Alibaba and Judar partnership) is intriguing, especially since his comment about a world of a single colour echoes his concern before him leaving to Magnostdat. Sure, Sinbad's world is pretty much the best possible solution, but it being he only one does raise some concerns. We'll see if Hakuryuu ends up taking Aladdin's offer, since he did spare both Koumei and Kouha.

Next volume cover look pretty dope too. Nice parallel with the previous volume.

When I picked it up originally I got to chapter 30ish then I watched the animed up to episode 10ish, both times I liked it enough but for some reason I just never got back to it. My feeling early on was that the author wasn't exactly sure what direction to take the series and it does very rapidly a bleach esque "first we fight monsters now were fighting humans and the monsters are irrelevant". Last I remembered they were doing team based fighting against other teams from border but I'm just starting over for simplicities sake.

That was what sort of happened in terms of the direction the author wanted to take the series (mostly focusing on the Neighbour invasion) but after talks with his editor at the time, they decided to introduce more of Border and the internal politics and structure of the organisation. That ended up improving the series for the better, and when they shifted back to the invasion, it all worked for the better.

The current arc is them going in these team battles in a tournament arc so they would be able to travel to the Neighbour world, and it's really fun getting to learn more of the different teams and watch the trio improve.

Arabesque

Is Bleach officially the chopping block threshold?

I actually liked the three chapters of Devilryman I read in Jump International. A shame to see it go so early. I think the premise had potential.

Bleach had been on the chopping block throughout this entire year. It's been at the bottom of the ToC for so long, it makes me wonder if they are just waiting till the end of the year to move it somewhere else, like Jump plus.

It's a shame Devilyman got cut, but at least now we will be getting new manga to check out.

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch36

Hopefully the last one won't take too long. At this point the only thing that interests me is to see what'll happen when the Kurogami ends.

upandaway

Tomo-chan (caught up)

This is great. Definitely into it.

I probably don't need to say this but Misuzu is best character easily. She basically makes the manga happen.

-According to Azami, there will be a new director, by virtue of [majority] votes from the E10

Makes sense, gives out main characters bad e10 members to beat to get in

Is Bleach officially the chopping block threshold?

I actually liked the three chapters of Devilryman I read in Jump International. A shame to see it go so early. I think the premise had potential.

Bleach had been on the chopping block throughout this entire year. It's been at the bottom of the ToC for so long, it makes me wonder if they are just waiting till the end of the year to move it somewhere else, like Jump plus.

It's a shame Devilyman got cut, but at least now we will be getting new manga to check out.

I feel like Bleach volume sales do too well for them to cancel it, kind of an inverse of zumou where they keep it around despite low volume sales due to high toc ranking.

upandaway

Tried reading some of Tomo-chan's author's other manga (the bully one shot). I got tricked into reading something lewd again. Oh well, it was cute.

Stretch 27

Gonna get back to this. It's been like half a year since I did any stretches. I'm just about made of stone.

htf8Ni2.png

I tried doing the above and just getting my leg straightened out was a stretch in itself. And the furthest I could hold it in was 90 degrees.

I also heard a terrifying crack.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think the idea is to establish specific villain characters here. Basically Eizan.

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamtasuri

Saw all y'all talking about this so I decided to give it a read.

Imma be honest, at first, I found it mildly amusing but didn't laugh out loud. It took a long LONG time before I actually chuckled at a bit. The humor in it is more crack a smile humor than laugh out loud like a Gintama or whatnot and frankly I really really dislike archetypes like Hina. However she grew on me a bit and I think the author hit a pretty good groove as well. Specifically I just finished the first chapter to get me to really laugh hard and it was the one where Hitomi starts working at all those different places and throws the housewarming party and it ending with her just sipping coffee in a bathroom staring out the window of her expensive apartment broke me.

I'll keep giving it a read. It's pretty good now.

It's a slow burn, read on and you might even pity Hina at times.

Hinamatsuri's sense of humour rely less on visuals, slapstick and parody. Instead, it excels more on beautiful misunderstandings.

upandaway

Didn't really notice a focus on misunderstandings in Hinamatsuri so far (ch15 I think), if I did I'd be really disappointed.

Kinda tired of misunderstandings

The top five third-year votes are just filler and they'll graduate in five months with little relevance, except for Tsukasa and Rindou who will provide colorful commentary every other occasion.

I think what's important is the bottom half of the E10, who are fairly balanced in ranking and opinion. They will endure into Souma's second year where I think this conflict will start really revving up.

Bleach

She is now stronger.... SOUL ENERGY?.... lol the real power of a Shinigami

Toriko 338

I mean I expect them to go back to Area 6.... I expect this to just be teasing yet it has been 4 straight weeks of awesomeness

That cold Stare Midora had when asking were Acacia is.... Acacia you dun goofed

Edit: Also SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE BABY

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The top five third-year votes are just filler and they'll graduate in five months with little relevance, except for Tsukasa and Rindou who will provide colorful commentary every other occasion.

I think what's important is the bottom half of the E10, who are fairly balanced in ranking and opinion. They will endure into Souma's second year where I think this conflict will start really revving up.

My guess is that Azami will get a few filler characters expelled and Kuga, Erina, Soma, etc. will have to team up and try and get some other characters booted off to reinstate Senzubean

Zweizer

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari ch52

The neighbor is pretty interesting. Can't wait to see their future interactions. It's nice that even as hopeless NEETs they can still have some influence on other people.

Aventurier - Shinyaku Arsène Lupin

Hey this is pretty good! Pity the translation isn't finished and it's going super slow. But I'm thinking in reading the original novels, even.

The original novels are pretty amusing. The author likes to take pot shots at Sherlock Holmes, portraying him as a skilled, but irascible man who likes to take his rage on Watson. I Read six of them I think, I'm not sure if there are more around.

Kyuur

Bleach

Of all the people to get a bullshit power up, this was the least expected.

Toriko

There is a simple joy in having characters who can destroy the planet at will. I expect this fight to be short but awesome.

Lol @ Joie thinking that was beyond the scope of the IGO. If only the president was alive to teach this chump a lesson, but I guess Midora can do that for him. Based on the resurrection explanation I bet Froese will show up as a food spirit and play an important role in defeating the big bad.

Numb

Bleach

Always liked her design and felt she didn't get enough screen time. Good for her.

Toriko.

The type of manga where ''please don't punch the planet'' and ''gourmet big bang'' are said and meant in a serious tone. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom